Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ticketoride
Msg: 9
Re: Women making the first movePage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
"women don’t usually make the first contact." ---> Not always so.

"Excuse me. I had to stop you and say that you are very intriguing to me and I was wondering if you and I might have something in common. Would you care to find out?"

Alura: ---> coming on too strong?

YUP, too strong, and slightly pretentious.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 11
Re: Women making the first move
Posted: 8/27/2004 11:11:52 PM
Simple things work best, single sentences with HELLO type of enquiries.
 GoatSmell
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/28/2004 10:41:59 AM
Gawd, I wish women would be more ballsy about making the first move. Usually they sit still and titter and blush and drop oh-so subtle hints, but they usually don't come out and say what's on their minds.

My last relationship (that wandered into marriage) lasted eight years and it started with her tackling me to the floor. I picked up on what she was on about pretty quick after that happened.

Me? I don't really pursue women unless their minds attract me. Then, I let it be very clear I want to get to know them a little better and I ask them how we can go about it. My latest pursuit kept playing coy and humming and hawing. I simply gave her my number and told her to call me when she's ready.

Was that harsh? Possibly. I don't have a lot of time to spend on those dating rituals...they bore me.

So...women...seize the day! Men are tired now and this is your chance to claw back another male-dominated practice! Do it for EQUALITY!!!

Okay...I'm all done now.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/29/2004 4:10:55 AM
What constitutes a first move?
It all starts with just talking to someone.
And if she gives signals, hints, body language, or whatever, all it says is:

"Come and talk to me"

(I would appreciate some disagreement from any of the ladies here if you feel I am off the mark)
 Karrarose43
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/30/2004 1:42:29 AM
Time to realise people

Woman do make moves lol

Hello just saw you standing there.... I thought you might need some help holding up that post.... bye the way im a smoking pussy cat prrrrrrrrrrrrrr....... need a good home to go too.... any offers........lol

Hey ex I think your absolutely a fresh breath of air your eyes make me feel like im in a bubble bath so open and luring....

Hey theres a post for someone "Try out pic up lines lol.....

And dreaming one day a shock will come into your email.......
 singlegirl04
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/30/2004 1:59:12 PM
Coming from my point of view, I would say women are just like guys in a way, theyre afraid of being shot down. Its just more in natures way for the guys to make the first contact.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/2/2004 10:45:22 PM
Create it !!! ---> "if you could tell if a woman was attracted to you"
 tom61
Msg: 38
Women making the first move
Posted: 10/9/2004 12:47:08 PM
I like it when the woman makes the first move! Then I know she is interested and I will not be wasting my time. Woman are equal to men and should be able to make the first move if she so desires! It makes life more INTERESTING< don't you think!!
 annofgreengables
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2005 2:39:44 AM
I THINK YOUR CHOICE OF WORDS ARE WRONG .MEN AREN'T TIRED THERE
LAZY,WAITING FOR SOME WOMAN TO DROP IN TO THEIR LAP .VANCOUVER
MEN HAVE IT TO GOOD IN THIS CITY .
I WOULD LOVE TO SEIZE THE DAY BUT MEN ACT LIKE YOU CUT OFF THERE BALLS
IF YOU MAKE THE FIRST MOVE.IT SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF THEM.
I'VE TRIED THE SEIZE THE DAY THEORY NOT JUST ON LINE BUT IN THE REAL WORLD
TO .THINK I'LL GO BACK TO THE OLD STRATAGY OF QUIET AND SHY DOESN'T OFFEND
OR THREATEN THE MAN EGO.
I'M TIRED OF TRING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT MEN WANT.BE SIDES A WOMAN HALF THERE
AGE AND UNDER 100POUNDS.
 eye4light
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/15/2006 12:22:35 AM
women don’t usually make the first contact. Any thoughts on why that is?
Yup...nothing but adolescent programming and dumb tradition.
Now that we are over 45, we should be over these silly sexist expectations. Well, we should.

sparticuss
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/15/2006 6:24:48 AM
Several reasons

1/ Tradition - Women, who have advanced into the 21st centruy workplace still carry two hundred year old hang ups in the dating game.

2/ Snobbery - The only women making the first move are either desperate , or sluts.

At the othe end of the scale I've noted that women who do make the first move are normally indepenet, clear headed women who know what they want.
 sparticuss
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/15/2006 6:34:46 AM
I THINK YOUR CHOICE OF WORDS ARE WRONG .MEN AREN'T TIRED THERE
LAZY,WAITING FOR SOME WOMAN TO DROP IN TO THEIR LAP .VANCOUVER
MEN HAVE IT TO GOOD IN THIS CITY .
============================
No man, in any city, where he risks bieng bashed by a bouncer, while attempting to enter a bar, has it too good.
No man, in any country, where asking a womn for a date, is listed and stalking, and vigorously policed, has it, too good.
===================

I WOULD LOVE TO SEIZE THE DAY BUT MEN ACT LIKE YOU CUT OFF THERE BALLS
IF YOU MAKE THE FIRST MOVE.IT SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF THEM.
==========================
It does not! If you make the first move and they turn you down then it simply means they arent interested in you. If you had waited for them then they would simply have never asked you int the first place
=======================
I'VE TRIED THE SEIZE THE DAY THEORY NOT JUST ON LINE BUT IN THE REAL WORLD
TO
THINK I'LL GO BACK TO THE OLD STRATAGY OF QUIET AND SHY DOESN'T OFFEND
OR THREATEN THE MAN EGO.
Man ego. Get out of it. It the womens ego that have them frantically making up in the drivers mirror creating a traffic hazard. It's the womens ego that leads them to break a date if they break a finger nail. The talk of the male ego is a myth.
===========================
I'M TIRED OF TRING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT MEN WANT.BE SIDES A WOMAN HALF THERE
AGE AND UNDER 100POUNDS.
Backwards again girl.

A few silly young girls do chase men twice their age and weight. They do this because the men don't show any interest in them. The men don't show any interest because they are sure that the girls arent interested in them.
But the girls egos can't stand being turned down. Paticulay being turn down by some pathertic fat old fart who should be absoloutely slobbering over them.
So they chase the old guys. For a while anyway.
 vhdc
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/15/2006 4:07:10 PM
I have recently started making first contact.... It has failed miserably. I have great empathy for all you men.
 eye4light
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/15/2006 5:46:20 PM

The only women making the first move are either desperate , or sluts.
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Let's see...what century are we in? Will we ever get past this kind of sexist thinking?

Besides, sometimes it's nice for someone else to make the first move for a change.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >