Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Men, what makes you cry?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 scottmcfish
Msg: 58
Men, what makes you cry?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I shed a few man tears not too long ago... I was rock climbing and my hands got beat up and they started leaking around the edges. Yeah, I shed a few man tears that day and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Man tears are otherwise known as blood. The salty kind that comes from the eyes are known as "woman tears" unless you've had something jammed into your eye and your bleeding, in which case those are still man tears.
 squarehead1
Msg: 59
Men, what makes you cry?
Posted: 11/28/2009 3:01:01 PM
only one thing and one thing only makes me cry. Spilling the last of the grey goose
 Temptation50
Msg: 60
Men, what makes you cry?
Posted: 11/28/2009 10:30:15 PM
Nah, nuthin makes me cry but..........

Great steaks on the BBQ , a cold one in the fridge and the first night of the Stanley Cup Playoffs in High Deff kinda brings a tear to my eye........
 Snotsure
Msg: 61
Men, what makes you cry?
Posted: 11/29/2009 8:58:05 AM
I cried last night. I watched the movie "My sisters Keeper" with my daughter. Jesus was that a tough movie to watch.
 youlookingtoo
Msg: 62
Men, what makes you cry?
Posted: 12/2/2009 2:37:57 AM
Men, what makes you cry?

Movies will make me cry sometimes.. A friend is dying from cancer right now, which makes me cry, and also wonder why such a good person has to be taken.. The way my relationship with my daughter has turned out, really makes me cry at times.. Knowing that I will probably never find that special someone who has the same handicaps on the inside as I do, makes me cry at times... And of course spilled milk, (even though your not suppose to cry over it :) )
 TheAngelGabriel
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Men, what makes you cry?
Posted: 12/2/2009 9:31:45 PM
The once 'strong male ability to not show emotion' is what has caused the men before us to become alcoholics, women beaters and drug users to name a few. The need to hide emotions if anything, is a weakness not a strength...to an extent.

With that said, I still can't stand to see a man cry and I will not cry in front of anyone

So what is it that gets me teary eyed?

The loss of a loved one and the idea that 'strong, powerful men' have let it get so bad in our society that 1 in 3 people accessing the food bank in BC is a child.
 SoLongThanksForAllTheFish
Msg: 64
Men, what makes you cry?
Posted: 12/3/2009 9:57:56 AM
I'll confess to being one of those big tough guys who sniffles at pretty much any old sentimental crap somebody manages to insert in a movie.

Personal crises rarely move me to tears, though, whether other people's or my own. Probably that's due to growing up around manipulative people who generated and exploited personal trouble to get attention and benefits for themselves - it's made me hyper-sensitive to the whole issue (and to being used in general.)

P.S. Here's a clip which is good for uncovering sentimental movie snifflers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWNoiVrJDsE
 velopedian
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Men, what makes you cry?
Posted: 12/3/2009 10:37:38 AM
^^^now that was a cryingly cute kid.
 Glenoran1
Msg: 66
Men, what makes you cry?
Posted: 12/7/2009 12:33:18 PM
I haven't read all of the entries for this topic, only those posted in 2009, so this may already have been covered ....

Tears are a very valuable catharsis. Walling up very strong emotions inside can greatly increase physical problems like high blood pressure or headaches and, I suspect, heart attacks. If a man needs to purge emotions through tears, he should be able to do so without feeling less of a man or being looked down on by others as 'weak'. Men, like women, have tear ducts for a reason.

Just my two-cents-worth.
 Gourmand123
Msg: 67
Men, what makes you cry?
Posted: 12/9/2009 12:30:38 AM
^^ makes sense....why would a man cry?? How about fear, loss, grief, rejection, sentimentality, deep disappointment, shame, .... pretty much all the normal stuff.

Some of you cry, most probably not in front of anyone else. On my part I don't like to cry publicly either. Much nicer in the quiet dark of your room, under the covers...muffler...until it gets too steamy and hot lol!
 **lookintobefound**
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Men, what makes you cry?
Posted: 12/9/2009 7:16:04 AM
Loneliness and all that Gourmand 123 mentioned, fear ,loss ,grief,rejection ,sentimentality ,deep disappointment ,shame ,.....pretty much all the normal stuff.

Extreme Makeover as the bus pulls away and seeing the looks on the family's faces .

Watching someone achieve what they set out to do and the feeling of joy watching them win or accomplishing .

The loss of a loved one.
 Entzauberung
Msg: 69
Men, what makes you cry?
Posted: 12/9/2009 7:56:05 AM
While doing some work yesterday I had the Oprah show on. Guest star was Mackenzie Phillips who is the daughter of John Phillips, lead singer of the The Mamas & the Papas, and his first wife, Susan Adams.

Phillips' memoir 2009 "High on Arrival" was discussed on Winfrey. She first tried cocaine when she was 11 years old, and that her father (deceased) did drugs with her and injected her with cocaine.

During the interview, Phillips read excerpts from her book. She said that at the age of 19, on the night before her first wedding, "I woke up that night from a blackout to find myself having sex with my own father." Both reportedly were under the influence of drugs at the time. Phillips then told Winfrey, "It became a consensual relationship, describing her participation as "sort of Stockholm Syndrome, where you begin to love your captor."

Phillips said the incestuous relationship had happened gradually for ten years, and that she ended it when she became pregnant and did not know who had fathered the child. She stated that her father paid for her to have an abortion, "and I never let him touch me again."

It was clearly an emotional discussion for Mackenzie as she revealed her past of drug use and incest. She got arrested for possession of drugs and this prevented for showing up for her role in production of the CBS comedy "One Day at a Time" from which she was later fired because of her drug abuse. Long time friend Valerie Bertinelli was one of the people at "One Day at a Time" she let down when she was arrested.

Towards the end of the show Oprah brought out Bertinelli who had been listening back stage all along. Phillips was overcome with the surprise and the support, and yeah, so was I.
 MediaNaranja
Msg: 70
Men, what makes you cry?
Posted: 12/9/2009 12:00:52 PM
I know I am not a man, trust me I know!
But I will trespass anyway.

What makes men cry???

Not being able to get IT up. I cry too, and I´d cry too.
But the big difference is that I my cry on the outside, he cries silently... inside.

MN
 Gourmand123
Msg: 71
Men, what makes you cry?
Posted: 12/9/2009 12:17:00 PM
^^interesting....nice bait ... little Christmas troll
..but not very accurate labelling. Have you read your bible lately?

**I wonder if Tiger is crying these days LOL
 MediaNaranja
Msg: 72
Men, what makes you cry?
Posted: 12/9/2009 12:51:28 PM
You mean... Tiger cannot get it up either? Hahaha!

Baits, Trolls, Flames, do I smell meat burning. Not mine!

This thread is not about Christmas, the bible and especially not about me!
Hypocrisy does make some cry, both men and women.
Hypocrisy is not allowing the pendulum to swing equally both ways:
Allowing oneself to cry as well as to laugh.
Allowing oneself to be delicate as well as sometimes having the ¨skin of a rhino coated in teflon¨. (Thank you! To the poster to educated me with that phrase!).
Allowing oneself and daring to be just as spiritual as carnal.

Personally, I plan to let the pendulum swing as far as it will, both ways. I call it living fully.
No apologies here, even if it hits you in the eye.

MN
 MediaNaranja
Msg: 73
Men, what makes you cry?
Posted: 12/10/2009 11:12:23 AM

your unusual response today really makes me

All this crying makes me... wet?

Speaking of unusual, it does make me want to cry, I even took a public speaking course so that I would learn to communicate better, 'cause I hate being misunderstood.

It baffles me, makes me want to cry when I finally conclude that all that education has made seemingly intelligent people unable to read simple sentences and "get it".
It is as if they are using their brain for a book marker for all those books they've read. Sheesh!

Getting it up, down, sideways... getting it on... just "getting it" would be great...
Even "getting some" hahahaa!.... reminds me of a song.

" Our day will come, if we just wait a while...."

MN Cheers!
 MediaNaranja
Msg: 74
Men, what makes you cry?
Posted: 12/10/2009 6:34:03 PM

As to the above post ...I think I am gonna lose my lunch...how someone who purports to be so seemingly educated can defend anyone whose bigotry enables them to define the thought that "Latinas" should be able to get it up any more than any other ethnicity...well...not you are not only helping to perpetuate cultural stereotypes, your post denigrates women, period.

Let's see if, for the sake of clarity and so that I don't have to repeat my course!!

Here is where the skin of a "rhino coated in teflon" comes in handy.
I have enough wrinkles already, do you think I need more by needlessly worrying about someone's comments, off, on or sideways?
I know he means no harm... I forgive. And if he did: meh!
~A, I am not sure how you got yourself included in my comment about the brains being used as bookmarks. But it sounds like you are proving my point now, cause you did not get it either! Defending? huh?

Please don't lose your lunch Honestly, it's not worth it. Relax and have a good night.

MN
 ohdriver
Msg: 75
Men, what makes you cry?
Posted: 12/10/2009 11:27:10 PM
The death of Ray Charles made me cry.

But not today…

No tears for us, make love and wear a smile
 Entzauberung
Msg: 76
Men, what makes you cry?
Posted: 1/3/2010 4:02:01 PM
While I'm not in complete agreement with the following, I recently read this:

Tears:
The hydraulic force by which masculine will power is defeated by feminine water power.

Walts
Msg: 77
Men, what makes you cry?
Posted: 1/3/2010 4:15:13 PM
Saying another goodbye and my own selfishness. It sucks.

less evolved
Msg: 78
Men, what makes you cry?
Posted: 1/3/2010 4:31:57 PM
I don't really cry much. I'm 50 years old now, and I do need to be careful. If I'm not careful, I can find myself starring at 20 something lady's, with my mouth open, and drooling uncontrollably !

Alli_oop
Msg: 79
Men, what makes you cry?
Posted: 1/7/2010 10:29:28 AM
buds appearing in spring. hmm. just trying to picture someone walking down the street and suddenly breaks into tears when they walk by some azaleas.
 Alli_oop
Msg: 80
Men, what makes you cry?
Posted: 1/7/2010 11:28:28 AM
no, you're right, i have a cane and i can no longer walk the distance of the seawall. Thank you for pointing that out.
 Gourmand123
Msg: 81
Men, what makes you cry?
Posted: 1/7/2010 2:16:42 PM
agree RWW...life is precious. Especially when you are taken unawares....like the first glimpse of snow covered moutains, the sound of a gull's cry, coming around the bend in a road to find a riot of fall colours, a friends face on certain days... I am definitely getting more sentimental as the years pass. ... Course men make me cry all the time.....meanies lol (kidding hehee)
 MediaNaranja
Msg: 82
Men, what makes you cry?
Posted: 1/7/2010 6:04:43 PM
Sometimes my man causes me to cry with his gentleness and loving attention.

MN
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Men, what makes you cry?