Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 matchlight
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Women & TattoosPage 3 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Just my personal taste--but if she's got a tat, she might as well have bad breath, dandruff, and snort when she laughs. Instant lust killer.
 matchlight
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 10/20/2009 8:06:41 AM
No, I wouldn't ask anyone about that. And if things had gotten as far as you're talking about, a tattoo probably wouldn't make any difference. It's a lot easier to put out a candle than a whole fireplace full of burning wood (so to speak).

I'm saying more that if I were talking with someone, and I could see a tattoo on her, it would undo a lot of whatever else she had going for her. But I'm sure I'm sort of the odd man out on this one.
 Gogetter56
Msg: 213
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 10/20/2009 8:42:54 PM
Well I guess I'm not surprised to know I'm the odd one that likes good ones place right, even though I have no desire to get one.
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 214
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 10/3/2011 7:40:59 PM
Q for the MEN in the group: How many tattoos does it take before one considers the person no longer a lady but a skank (or any other suitable, derrogatory, trashy term)?

Sorry ladies, but I consider significant tattooing as low class. In history, only tribal people and society's outcasts (including criminals and pirates, but to some extent, many sailors) had them, and so it's always been associated with the lower working classes in our modern society. I think it's trashy.

To be fair, women in the group may rebut, but I want to hear from other guys first. I'm also not talking about a single inking which is small and easily hidden, but I do stop short of a full-body suit of ink.

I consider about 3-4 tattoos on different limbs or sides as the threshold.
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 219
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 10/5/2011 11:38:40 AM
I've got one that beats that: A woman named Michelle (since she was on Jerry Springer, it's public info) who is now about 33 and lives in the SFV, but formerly lived in Denver, who has "For Deposit Only" just below her waistline and "F.ck Slot" written vertically with one word on each side (right and left) of you-can-guess-where. She had several other tattoos as well. Supposedly, she slept with half of the bus drivers of the Denver MTA.

Aside: What's wrong with posing with a rabbit? Lots of other people have photos with animals in them, including exotics like kangaroos and tigers.
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 220
Correction
Posted: 10/5/2011 11:46:29 AM
It was Maury Povich's show, not Jerry Springer. She was also interviewed on unaired episodes of The Dr. Keith Ablow Show as well as a segment for Dr. Phil in 2007.

Women like here only prove that tattoos are associated with trashy, not classy people.
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 225
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 10/21/2011 10:44:44 PM
Ive got one on my ankle of my sons name and a rose on a stem. I got it on the anniversary of his death. So yes some tats do have meaning...
 MotoGPatrick
Msg: 226
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 10/22/2011 2:06:20 AM
I am not much on tattoos at all. The name of your son tremendous has meaning.

In other situations names are the worst thing to do. I have seen a few women who get names of sig-others only to have to get a cover up tattoo. I saw one who had to do that twice.
 fishpizza
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 12/2/2011 10:07:17 AM
heres the thing tats have become the MOST trendy thing you can do nowadays. Before 1990 or so people got tattoos to be different. now people get tattoos to fit in and be like everyone else. Tattoos have become like top 40 music and the majority of people getting them now are posers.
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 232
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 12/2/2011 11:52:20 AM
And real tattoo people are???
 KAKI3152
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 12/5/2011 7:50:58 AM
What amazes me about tattoos is that most of the ones I have demonstrate people's poor taste. Having a cartoon embloazoned over your arms (all I could see) on a fat 40s woman is not a turn -on. I went on a cruise in 2004, met thiis very attractive woman from South Dakota who had a giant eagle on her back. Kinda startling.While I thought it was garish and overdone, to each his own.

I just think if anyone is going to get a tattoo, think about it hard for along time. You're stuck with whatever you get for a lonnggggg time
 uniquitous
Msg: 237
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 12/18/2011 4:12:44 PM
I am glad when people post that they like tats or have them so I don't waste time going out with someone just to find they have 18 tattoos. If people like them, that's fine, but there are still a number of people who don't.
As common as tattoos have become, there should be a place to list tattoos on pof. That way people who don't like them can find others who feel the same. There is a category for hair color and this seems way more important than that.
 lonegoat
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 12/22/2011 9:08:44 PM
For me it depends on the amount and the art. I have been seeing more and more profiles of seemingly nice women, who unfortunately look like they did hard time in a Russian prison. If you have so many tats you look fully clothed nude... i'll pass. Though that's just my opinion.
 Bluesthestandard
Msg: 240
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 12/26/2011 2:28:22 AM
Amen brother,40+ and adding tats....Ugh!
 mateo45
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 12/26/2011 8:27:44 AM
To the original poster. I spend quite a bit of time in Sacramento and I notice with amazement how much more popular tattoos are there than even in the neighboring SF. I think it's just part of the local trashy culture. On the good note- not every woman in Sac is covered with tattoos, but the ones who are not might not be going out to the local clubs/bars which are.... trashy. Somewhat of a catch 22 I guess.

Agreed re: tats and "different areas", which also probably helps explain the different attitudes about 'em in general, as it's basically a matter of "cultures" and "class", much as we try to pretend that doesn't exist here. Which is why tattoos are just a lot more common and "acceptable" among a certain "group", which we also generally identify with Harleys, guns, C/W music, Nascar, Walmart, Fundamentalism, "trailers", Bakersfield, anything "fried", and various other "cultural preferences". While the acceptability of tats among typically more affluent, educated and otherwise more "professional" folks and areas, is usually not so much.

BTW, also agreed, that it's the height of narcissism & self-absorption to assume that just because someone's tat has "emotional significance" (to them), that anyone else should also give a rat's patootie about it, let alone wanna see it "displayed"! Although on the other hand, perhaps it's good that certain kinds of folks have chosen to "self-identify" themselves!

So IMHO, a tat may be fine on my mechanic, but the last thing I wanna see on my doctor or surgeon is a frickin' tattoo! OK, now cue all the comments, "but, but... my vet, nurse, chiropractor (aka, "doctor"!), nobel laureate, PhD, pulitzer prize-winning, multi-millionaire, celebrity, ex-husband, etc. has a tattoo...!" Yeah, that maybe so, but I'm betting he/she also digs Harleys, guns, C/W music, Nascar, etc. too!!

frijolera_ninja
Msg: 243
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 12/27/2011 6:51:32 PM
Gosh I feel undertattooed now I like harleys, guns and walmart!
 mateo45
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 12/28/2011 1:30:42 AM
Well coincidentally, it seems like the sorta folks who are attracted to all that stuff, also usually have lots (and LOTS) of, um, "canvas" to display 'em on! ;-p
 ponygt
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 1/2/2012 1:05:50 PM

I think it depends on the woman. Some are tasteless and over done and on others its gorgeous and sexy. .

I totally agree. I personally like a woman with tattoo's, but if they are tasteless or in a place that is YUCK...then no thanks.

IMO, a nice tat and placement is very sensual.
 fishpizza
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 1/3/2012 12:07:05 PM
funny story:
my ex had a drinking problem, and her current bf let her know that he wasnt interested in staying with her if she was just going to be wasted all the time. so on her birthday a couple months ago she decided to get a tattoo of the alcoholics anonymous (serenity) prayer on her right wrist to "prove" that she was serious about quitting being a drunk, after all she hadn't had a drink in almost two days at that point. well the sobriety lasted about another two days and now she holds her drinks with the same hand shes got the AA tattoo on!
-this actually kinda reminds me of the guy with the "straightedge" tattoo bumming a cigarette off me.
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 249
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 1/3/2012 11:05:23 PM
I hope hope hope it doesn't say MOM!
 artiststu
Msg: 253
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 1/4/2012 10:02:56 PM
from my experience as a rock guitar player every single girl i met with tattoos was a total slut not what im getting married to. i also met ozzy osbourne and he said not to get any he said that back in his day if you got a tattoo it meant you were not a jock or a square he seemed pissed that all the nba and nfl jumped ship to look more outsider
dr. seus has a great book called the star bellied sneeches thats what i think about tattoos dr. seus genius
 mateo45
Msg: 255
view profile
History
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 1/5/2012 9:04:25 AM
But, but.... "The best kind of Sneetches are Sneetches without!”

Of course he was also quoted as saying, "In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!" ;-p
 JoseMadre
Msg: 256
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 1/13/2012 10:43:02 AM
Some are cool and some are ridiculous or worse, but to each his or her own.
 LukeMM23
Msg: 258
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/25/2013 12:46:33 PM
"This may sound cliche' but the female body is a work of art in and of itself. Why would anyone defile their body with 'artwork' .. (he says as he disgustedly rolls his eyes). This is akin to drawing a mustache on the Mona Lisa. If you like the artwork so much have it put on canvas and frame it then hang it on the wall."

THANK YOU. That's exactly how I feel.

I mean, why do we not want our kids to get tatts? Why aren't they doing that more often? What's stopping them, seriously?

Aren't we supposed to be teaching our kids to love and respect their bodies as priceless art? Why are they trying to teach kids that their bodies aren't good enough without some superficial, unrealistic and somewhat ugly crap, permanently embedded in their skin?? I just don't think they care enough.

If you really care, you might look like a control as**ole. But, that's the point. You have to get through to them somehow, how much you value them and maybe, one day, they'll learn to value themselves just as much, without your help.

I think we should stop insisting that kids wash up too. I mean, why not? It's a choice to live, clean or unclean, especially when you reach adulthood.

No, the truth is... a parent should never stop insisting that their son or daughter (old or young) keep up their hygiene. If your adult child is trying to kill themselves, you don't just stand there, watching, shaking your head in disbelief. Do you? It's the same goddamn premise.

I really can't wait for the day when a new mom sees her tattoo-less baby and says, "You're ugly now. But, just wait until we get you a tattoo." That will be a sure-fire sign that society is going down.
 LukeMM23
Msg: 259
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/25/2013 12:52:41 PM
"I don't have any tattoos but I'm constantly asked where they are? People think because I have black hair and I nose stud I have tattoos too! I think they are attractive sometimes but could never pick anything I'd want on my body forever or that would match everything I want to wear! hahaha"

Nose stud and all, you are a ray of sunshine. At least, there is some hope for guys who don't want a tattoo-loving girlfriend. Thank you.

I mean, why can't these people wait for the time when they find a way to make the ink possible to put in and easily take out, without scarring, without a lot of money. It's bound to happen, sooner or later. To where the recipient is actually wearing a tattoo, rather than having their body permanently modified by ink. You know what I mean?
Show ALL Forums  > California  >