Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JoseMadre
Msg: 256
Women & TattoosPage 5 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Some are cool and some are ridiculous or worse, but to each his or her own.
 LukeMM23
Msg: 258
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/25/2013 12:46:33 PM
"This may sound cliche' but the female body is a work of art in and of itself. Why would anyone defile their body with 'artwork' .. (he says as he disgustedly rolls his eyes). This is akin to drawing a mustache on the Mona Lisa. If you like the artwork so much have it put on canvas and frame it then hang it on the wall."

THANK YOU. That's exactly how I feel.

I mean, why do we not want our kids to get tatts? Why aren't they doing that more often? What's stopping them, seriously?

Aren't we supposed to be teaching our kids to love and respect their bodies as priceless art? Why are they trying to teach kids that their bodies aren't good enough without some superficial, unrealistic and somewhat ugly crap, permanently embedded in their skin?? I just don't think they care enough.

If you really care, you might look like a control as**ole. But, that's the point. You have to get through to them somehow, how much you value them and maybe, one day, they'll learn to value themselves just as much, without your help.

I think we should stop insisting that kids wash up too. I mean, why not? It's a choice to live, clean or unclean, especially when you reach adulthood.

No, the truth is... a parent should never stop insisting that their son or daughter (old or young) keep up their hygiene. If your adult child is trying to kill themselves, you don't just stand there, watching, shaking your head in disbelief. Do you? It's the same goddamn premise.

I really can't wait for the day when a new mom sees her tattoo-less baby and says, "You're ugly now. But, just wait until we get you a tattoo." That will be a sure-fire sign that society is going down.
 LukeMM23
Msg: 259
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/25/2013 12:52:41 PM
"I don't have any tattoos but I'm constantly asked where they are? People think because I have black hair and I nose stud I have tattoos too! I think they are attractive sometimes but could never pick anything I'd want on my body forever or that would match everything I want to wear! hahaha"

Nose stud and all, you are a ray of sunshine. At least, there is some hope for guys who don't want a tattoo-loving girlfriend. Thank you.

I mean, why can't these people wait for the time when they find a way to make the ink possible to put in and easily take out, without scarring, without a lot of money. It's bound to happen, sooner or later. To where the recipient is actually wearing a tattoo, rather than having their body permanently modified by ink. You know what I mean?
 LukeMM23
Msg: 260
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/25/2013 1:02:01 PM
Did you ever stop to think that by taking away our choice to love you for all that you say and do for us, because you are so goddamn proud of one or two permanent pieces of art embedded in your skin, you're limiting yourself to how much people will love you??

Love is about pride. Love is about companionship, understanding, respect. Love is about sacrificing something you love for another person. If you really think this one piece of art makes you who are, for the rest of your life, you're pretty shallow. Just like all of those girls getting implants back in the day. Men grew to hate fake breasts for a reason. They're fake. Those tattoos weren't there when you came into this world. How can they define you so much? How can you close yourself off so much, due to what is essentially decorations on a school binder?? Only these decorations are permanent, only removed by laser, creating a permanent scar, a permanent reminder that you messed up.

Personally, I'm starting to love the idea of women who are more natural. Not living so unnaturally that some fake crap, like piercings or tatts or even shaved hair defines who they are. That kind security and confidence should come from inside of that person.
 LukeMM23
Msg: 261
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/25/2013 1:06:24 PM
"To get back to the original post topic. I have 8 tattoos (will be getting more) am darn proud of everyone of them. They each have a significant meaning to them. "

Yeah. They mean something to YOU. They may never mean anything to us. Even if you try to explain their meaning.

But, what's ironic is that most tattoo-loving girls I've met get offended when you ask them to explain why that tattoo is so important to them.

So, once again, you can't win. That's my biggest pet peeve about this crap. If more women had better laid-back attitudes about these tattoos, which means so much to them, I might not object to them so much.

But, as usual, the attitude of someone is actually what makes us think they're ugly. Confidence and security in oneself is always going to be more attractive than any superficial artwork you brand yourself with.
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 262
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/25/2013 2:12:47 PM
I plan on getting a tattoo that is personally significant to me when I turn 40. I think tattoos are beautiful when done well. Besides, it's a great way to identify your body if someone chops off your head...I know, I watch too many crime shows.

Joking aside, we can't help what we find attractive/unattractive on a person. Given that I'm presently tattoo-free, I'm open to discussing my decision with my mate if I have one when I turn 40. I'd want the same respect from him if he decided to grow out a beard since that's something I find extremely unattractive on a man. I'm open to compromise, but I can't see myself with a guy that absolutely loathed tattoos.
 JenSnider
Msg: 263
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/25/2013 2:14:16 PM
I have one tattoo-a celtic saying (to honor my heritage) on my shoulder. It took me 10 years to decide I wanted a tattoo at all, and another year to decide what I wanted. Did I get it to make myself attractive to other people? No, I didn't. Did I do it to shock people? Again, no.
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 264
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/25/2013 6:05:51 PM
"Getting a tattoo" = "Going from classy to trashy." It's that simple.
 JenSnider
Msg: 265
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/25/2013 6:46:42 PM
I've known plenty of "trashy" women who don't have tattoos. And I've known women who hold down professional jobs, who have had long and committed relationships, and who raise their children to be respectful, contributing members of society.

To call a woman with a tattoo "trashy" simply because she has a tattoo is extremely prejudiced and narrow minded.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 266
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/25/2013 7:23:16 PM
I don't mind some little tatoo that look nice and if I liked someone, A large tatoo that is tastfull I'm o.k with.
But when I see a 20+ year old with tatoos on her chest and across the neck or some that have lots of little tatoos that put one on top of the other. Best I can do is try and not laugh at them. Find it very unattractive myself. Very few are done in a way that complement a woman body. For dating is a case by case for me but it sure could be a deal breaker for me.
 sactowndude
Msg: 267
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/25/2013 8:08:43 PM
simply because she has a tattoo is extremely prejudiced and narrow minded.

But there are plenty of women on this site and IRL that say they don't like beards, hairy chests, long hair, overweight, short guys, etc. Aren't they being prejudiced and narrow minded?

You like what you like and for me tattoos are unattractive, especially if they are on the neck or chest. Unfortunately everyone is judged by first appearances: I saw a guy at a restaurant recently that had tats all over his neck and head(he was bald), he might be a nice guy but then again he might of just got out of prison.
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 268
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/25/2013 8:08:49 PM

"Getting a tattoo" = "Going from classy to trashy." It's that simple.

Wait, so I don't have a tattoo I'm Automatically classy? And if I do I'm Automatically trashy? Wow, I never knew an artistic expression could have so much influence on a person's character. I wonder what growing a beard will do to a person. Will an upstanding man suddenly become a grungy low-life? I'll have to ask my brother to grow a beard just so that I can see how his character changes.
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 269
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/25/2013 8:10:38 PM

But there are plenty of women on this site and IRL that say they don't like beards, hairy chests, long hair, short guys, etc. Aren't they being prejudiced and narrow minded?

You like what you like and for me tattoos are unattractive.

There's a difference between finding something unattractive and making a character call based on the fact you find it unattractive.

To call a woman with a tattoo "trashy" simply because she has a tattoo is extremely prejudiced and narrow minded.
 JenSnider
Msg: 270
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/25/2013 8:23:59 PM
^That's what I was trying to say. It's one thing to say you don't find tattoos attractive, it's another thing to make an assumption about a person's character based on whether they have tattoos or not
 LukeMM23
Msg: 271
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/25/2013 9:49:52 PM
Ok. I'll have to say, I find tattoos on women to be extremely unattractive. It's ugly to look at and in terms of having a relationship with someone like that, I've already illustrated my perspective, very clearly.

I mean, when I have kids, I'm going make damn sure they know much I disapprove of them, getting a tattoo. If the mother of that kid objects, which she most definitely will, there will be a lot of problems in the relationship.

So, basically, until women can think rationally or reasonably about this whole thing, I don't want to commit to them.
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 272
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/26/2013 7:19:13 AM

So, basically, until women can think rationally or reasonably about this whole thing, I don't want to commit to them.

If you honestly see nothing wrong with the above statement, then there's no point in continuing to have a discussion. You've already relegated my viewpoint as irrational and unreasonable since it doesn't coincide with yours. Good luck on your search. I know many girls who are scared of needles, don't like tattoos or think as you do.
 j_ff_ray
Msg: 273
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/26/2013 9:34:24 AM

I mean, when I have kids, I'm going make damn sure they know much I disapprove of them, getting a tattoo.

If I ever change my mind about a tattoo, I am going to look your kids up because I'll bet they will be the best tattoo artists around. ;)
 sactowndude
Msg: 274
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/26/2013 11:28:43 AM
Here's a side note regarding body art:

The US Supreme Court ruled that employers can discriminate against current or potential employees if they have visible tattoos or body piercing, it falls under dress code which employers can legally enforce. I have been in management many years and I can freely admit I didn't hire someone because they had visible tattoos and they didn't look professional, I hired someone else with equal experience. Going to an interview with short sleeves and tats showing is a good way to not get hired.

http://www.dba-oracle.com/dress_code_tattoos.htm
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 275
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/26/2013 12:33:25 PM
My statement in #326 should not be construed to be the only proof of trash (especially white trash).
In my life experience, all of the people I've encountered with tattoos were criminals or white trash; usually the former. That's proof of low to no class.
 JenSnider
Msg: 276
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/26/2013 12:56:37 PM
I have a tattoo, and I'm not a criminal (unless you count my one traffic ticket I've received since getting my license).
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 277
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/26/2013 1:45:02 PM

Wait, so I don't have a tattoo I'm Automatically classy? And if I do I'm Automatically trashy? Wow, I never knew an artistic expression could have so much influence on a person's character. I wonder what growing a beard will do to a person. Will an upstanding man suddenly become a grungy low-life? I'll have to ask my brother to grow a beard just so that I can see how his character changes.

BabblingBrookes-

I believe what he was saying was called "SARCASM", as in a joke, funny, ha ha?
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 278
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/26/2013 4:38:57 PM

BabblingBrookes-

Considering his later reply, I doubt that, but ok. *shrug* Perhaps you have a clearer insight into the rabbitman's mindset and delivery than the rest of us.
 j_ff_ray
Msg: 279
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/26/2013 6:46:23 PM

BabblingBrookes-

Sadly, it wasn't...
 LukeMM23
Msg: 280
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/27/2013 1:14:13 PM
"I plan on getting a tattoo that is personally significant to me when I turn 40. I think tattoos are beautiful when done well. Besides, it's a great way to identify your body if someone chops off your head...I know, I watch too many crime shows.

Joking aside, we can't help what we find attractive/unattractive on a person. Given that I'm presently tattoo-free, I'm open to discussing my decision with my mate if I have one when I turn 40. I'd want the same respect from him if he decided to grow out a beard since that's something I find extremely unattractive on a man. I'm open to compromise, but I can't see myself with a guy that absolutely loathed tattoos. "

This is coming from a woman, who thinks facial hair is absolutely gross. Who the hell is she to judge?? Facial hair? Make sense of this for me.

Facial hair is something that can be easily shaved off. But, that is worth breaking up with someone or not getting involved with someone. But, we can't judge some ugly, permanent ink on the beautiful exterior of a woman??
 LukeMM23
Msg: 281
Women & Tattoos
Posted: 2/27/2013 1:18:34 PM
"If you honestly see nothing wrong with the above statement, then there's no point in continuing to have a discussion. You've already relegated my viewpoint as irrational and unreasonable since it doesn't coincide with yours. Good luck on your search."

What are you talking about?

Do you understand why I said what I said??

Here, I'll fill you in.

If I say, I'm not attracted to woman, who is "wearing" some ugly dark mass over her butt, I'm sorry, but that's my opinion. If a woman says, "I don't care what you think." That would at least be a little more reasonable. Instead, for the most part, all I hear is how I'm intolerant and insensitive, thoughtless, uncaring, judgmental. I could go on. It gets really old, watching these grown woman have a temper tantrum, due to my one opinion. It's like... "How old are you?"
Show ALL Forums  > California  >