Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Murphree TX exonerated every guy caught by CATCH A PREDATOR      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 26
Murphree TX exonerated every guy caught by CATCH A PREDATORPage 2 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
You are correct windkist but they are not pervs if they are soliciting adults and apparently that is who they are talking to on CATCH A PREDATOR . People can not be arrested on presumed thoughts . That was , intelligently , made clear by the Murphree judge.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 27
Murphree TX exonerated every guy caught by CATCH A PREDATOR
Posted: 7/1/2007 6:13:48 PM
The decoy for a hitman is different the act of killing someone is illegal /sex is not illegal. An adult decoy is not a proper tool of evidence for an underage crime . I care about keeping our criminals in jail too but being emotional is not the way to execute due process. I seem to be only one of the few that understands that . Soliciting an adult is not illegal and that is what these men did . Perverted justice is dumb enough to not even use child prodigies for their half assed sting - done to the tune of tv ratings. What a freaking joke . These states should all have as much b**** as Murphree tx had. Please stop with this intent stuff , its getting old . Its bad enough big brother is in our govt and in every store and street corner - we do not need it to TRY and read peoples minds and convict them
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/1/2007 6:35:49 PM
Most of the people in florida got off scot free and murphree texas they were all scot free and thats a good thing. I am glad these people are letting these guys who were entrapped by amateurs go dont be arrogant and try to read peoples minds ., I am dissappointed - I would think you would be more intelligent . IT is not irrelevent who is on the other side of the computer- thats the whole damn case lmao .
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/2/2007 2:44:00 AM
How do you know the guy would have had sex with a minor? You are leaping . We live in a society of INNOCENT until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. In some societies the man would have had to prove innocence. It does not matter what YOU think might have happened . You do not know for sure what would have happened. Fact is the person they spoke to was an adult and they came to meet AN ADULT. Perverted Justice is so stupid they never used true decoys . This murder for hire crap comparison makes no sense because THE ACT of murder is a crime and THE ACT of sex is not . Thats a major difference that can not be underplayed. As soon as anyone says YOU KNOW SEX WOULD HAVE HAPPENED they lose the argument. I sure as hell would not want someone to tell me what I would have done in a situation. Sometimes I don't EVEN know what I am going to do in a situation. Fact is many of these men are being arrested on what people THOUGHT THEY WOULD DO and thats not what our constitution is about. INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT is not perfect but its the best system we have out there .
Blue Steel I really am sorry about your plight and I hope it all works out for you.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/2/2007 2:57:05 AM
RK is giving me an intelligent argument calling me a pervert . That means I win the debate . Once the name calling starts I know they have nothing. I am sorry you do not appreciate peoples constitutional rights RK . But I do thank you for name calling me. When you do that you lose all credibility and it shows it is emotional to you and you can not think logically, which is all I am doing. But I digress. Everything I am saying makes sense . If you want to convict someone in the media go ahead- I am above that and I look at the whole picture. Thats right you read my mind so I must be a pervert . Nobody ever role plays hmmm. It happens all the time . I would never want to PRETEND what these guys would do and as I have said if there is 99 percent IN THEIR MIND they would have sex with the minor[ thats just a guess really], thats not good enough in a system where we are INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT- but many of you people are against our system, maybe you should move to a 3rd world nation. I do not know whether these men are guilty or innocent, I am just bringing the constitutional elements into the discussion. I guess people like me that believe in the constitution are rare and thats very sad. I am glad I am able to look at the whole picture and not let emotion cloud my judgment as it does with many of you people .
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/2/2007 3:44:22 AM
SWEETNESS - In real sting operations police forces have used underaged people , I have seen it in news stories but they are well protected . I will say this, I would rather go to jail for 18 months or so than be put thru that embarassment . I honestly think thats worse . These people are not only on tv but eventually , you know dvds will come out and for all time they will have that notoriety. That kind of sucks if you think about it. These cases are so delicate and probably an invasion of privacy. Another twist of irony is that the same people that are vehemently against Janet Jacksons breast , most likely the same people that are Ok with the show. I am ok with any show because I am against censorship... but one might argue that the show is too graphic for tv. In one instance a guy got naked and he put a towel on and you could see the penis protruding thru the towel- that was disgusting and I think even more graphic than Janet Jackson.
 1Fish2Fish RedFishNewFish
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/2/2007 3:59:02 AM
1 - I completely agree that sexual predators like the 'men' that were arrested should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law
2 - The involvement of the media in this manner is simply another case of sensationalism and it's done, not to expose pedophiles, but to improve ratings. That's sick.
3- The time and expense spent on developing a TV show of this nature might be better used toward valid police operations, or even getting help for the victims of these crimes, or potential perpetrators.

I think the TV shows are as sick as the sexual predators themselves. It's sad that people have nothing better to do than sit in front of their television set and pass judgment.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/2/2007 3:04:31 PM
How many times do I have to repeat this - The act of hit men for hire is itself a crime for murder is the act that is illegal. Sex is not an illegal act . When these guys are talking to adults they are breaking no laws . Police use real underage girls. They are protected . Perverted Justice is a fanatical organization much like PETA and MADD , they do not care about peoples civil liberties . The lynch mob mentality never works . If , we as a society have come down to that than we are sinking as a great nation. Education has and always will be the key to lessen most crimes , whether its pedophilia,guns, drinking and driving,drugs or underage smoking. What age people tell you they are on line means nothing , for people lie all the time . I believe peoples constitutional rights should be protected and under no circumstances compromised , even if sometimes the bad guy gets away . Remember this, if they come for the guy you do not like constitutional rights today ... IT JUST MAY BE YOURS TOMMORROW.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/2/2007 6:02:41 PM
They solicited sex from adults - people roleplay all the time on line and they decoys were adults . You people are so gung ho on violating these mens constitutional rights because of an entertainment venue and an organization that is nothing but a bunch of ugly fanatic girls- Perverted Justice. I bet those logs were altered . Do you know police evidence in murder cases , specifically DNA - if it is unaccounted for by even a few seconds the evidence is thrown away. Why should people trust an organisation thats sole purpose is to make an example of people ????
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/2/2007 8:08:26 PM
They are role playing with an adult thats the point . I am very intelligent and I can see that you people that speak based on emotion really do not get it . You keep making argument they would have done this , they would have done that with a minor. Since when are people arrested by whats inside their mind lmao . This is not communist Russia , this is the US. Thats the point many of you are not getting . The TV show is all for ratings and is basically candid camera of the new millenium. Justice should be executed by law enforcement , not a vigilante organization that has no experience in these matters, and an agenda [what a friggin joke] . Heck some of these guys lied about their age lmao. High percentage of women lie about age . The point is they committed no crime because as one poster mentioned - people who are adults can role play as kids for sexual talk and innuendo. These ladies were that , ladies over 18 . Its obviously entrapment as well. As far as worrying about what women will think of me , I am presenting intelligent information based on logic and there are many wonderful , intelligent ladies out there that appreciate someone like myself that can articulate my point of view. In fact I have spoken with ladies that agree with me . I am not ashamed of bringing up valid points and again high percentage of these cases were dropped by judges of various cities who are a hell of alot smarter than me , and most of you people as well.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/2/2007 8:28:40 PM
Highheels thats an excellent point . I have not heard CATCH A PREDATOR once mention that it is usually people close to the family that do these crimes . So much for the shows education value...oh thats right education is boring - lets make America a lynch mob lmao.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/2/2007 8:39:41 PM
They spoke with adults and roleplay is not illegal . That should be the argument. People lie about age all the time. Besides most of those chatrooms rules in fine print say the people must be over 18 and only younger with a guardian. Thus if the child is still on, guardian is responsible for welfare of said child. It is perfectly within the rights of the accused to go by law that its assumed age of person was over 18 since that was rule of the chatroom and that it was roleplay .DAMN I WOULD MAKE A GREAT ATTY lol . The point in all this is there is no case as far as I am concerned and couple that with fact that lying about age on line is about as common as spam in email and you really do not have much to go on .
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/3/2007 2:18:59 AM

There is also a clear case of entrapment. I might be deemed unpopular for agreeing with the law system of Murphree Tx, but I try to think rationally not based on emotion . I am looking at the whole picture as was the judge in Murphree TX.

~OP~ You weren't kidding with the comment to me in the other thread ~ wow, errr...interesting responses. You already know my opinion on this. I've been keeping stats on the cases brought forth by Dateline, and it's really rather amusing to me that people actually think this is working. It's entrapment, and in Florida ~ (3 shows worth) 80 + % of those cases have been officially dismissed. I have read the actual filed Court documents via Pacer and in every single dismissal, it was cited as: insufficient evidence of a crime being instigated and/or commited. There was also a very harsh statement by one Judge citing prosecutors as bringing forth "cases of no merit, no cause and frivolous use of the judicial system."

If I'm 18, pretending to be 13 and John Doe and I converse via the net. He then comes to meet me, when I open that door and allow him access to my location (home, office, whatever) he has just completed an act that is NOT criminal. I'm of legal age, I'm the one who invited him in. That is no crime.

I think it was probably a reasonable idea ~ but not very well executed and definitely not a very thought out plan of attack. All it is now is a show for ratings. JMO
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/3/2007 3:57:04 AM
California bob you do not know that . Yes most likely you are correct I will grant you that . BUTTTTTTT, We live in a country where BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT comes into play. If it was guilty until proven innocent you are correct. You can not say for sure that these men would have attempted sex , and if its 99 percent chance in mind[ thats a guess as I said], thats not good enough . Even if they say they would . You can not downplay that the decoys were overage, which many of you do, and you can not downplay that high percentage lie about age in chatrooms . All this info comes into play. The chatlogs ARE controlled by PERVERTED JUSTICE, an organization with an agenda. I know these men are not exactly model citizens , but I know our constitution and I am just thinking logically. I do not think we want to arrest people on MIND READING SOMEONES THOUGHTS. By the way its not against the law to solicit sex from an adult and the decoys were adults . There is a friggin lady on here that lies about her age by 15 yrs, you act as if it does not happen. Those decoys lied about their age, all the defense has to do is say they knew all along that the decoy was legal age, you ,ESPECIALLY IN INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY , society, can not say for sure that in the charged mind that he really did not believe that . Think of how arrogant you people are trying to read minds to convict. You are hateful people that have no regard for constitutional rights . Wait until your constitutional rights are violated and someone tries to read your mind to convict !!!!!!
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/3/2007 4:28:48 AM
Well put Lestat- MORAL RAGE. They do not let the facts get in the way lmao. I have mentioned as well as a few others that education is most important to curtailing ped crimes , but it goes right over their heads. All they want is for these gentleman to be placed in jail .Oh thats right reality shows are always 100 percent real I forgot The energy these people use on hating on those that disagree with them can be better served to loving their families and educating their children, rather than having a reality show outraging them on a case they really know little about .
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/3/2007 2:51:13 PM
Actually Charles you are wrong . Back in the mid 80s there was a case with Al Sharpton that got 4 innocent men up for charges for raping a minor= Tawana Brawley. The case was a fraud and one of the guys committed suicide . This does happen. If people want to frame someone they can , and just being framed or publicly embarassed , even for a crime you did not commit , might cause one to commit suicide.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/3/2007 4:15:36 PM
Why are you calling people IDIOTS Mr . RK??? Its healthy discussion but when you get into the realm of name calling , you seriously lose any credibility you think you may have , like the right wing radio hosts lmao. Its ok to disagree but I do not see the point in name calling. Forums are about debates and thats all good .
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/3/2007 4:54:07 PM
Rk you obviously can not debate intelligently. The right wing talk show hosts have brainwashed you into just name calling . My debate is not about whether these men are peds or not , not about whether they are good people or not. My debate is about the legal system and issues surrounding it . I am open minded enough to UNDERSTAND how our legal system works and the whole concept of INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. I have given my opinions tastefully and without going into the gutter or resorting to name calling .Its too bad others can not do that. If you want to convict someone by whats inside their mind or what you think is inside someones mind than you are talking about 3rd world nations and many Muslim theocratic nations. I believe in the US and our justice system and it disappoints me to no end that people do not get it . The only job of American media should be to educate not to be involved with vigilantism. Good people like myself should always look into the structure of our nation, political, legally and otherwise and talk intelligently about it. It is too bad you can not do that but I do want to thank you because people will see I stay on topic and you namecall = which is verbally hitting below the belt . Its funny how the great Bill O'Reilly is not taken on this case of Murphy Tx[someone corrected me] lol . Bill O'Reilly hates NBC and the PREDATOR show is their baby. Bill O stays on the sidelines about Murphy Tx dropping the cases . HMMMM . I thought Mr. O' Reilly was a man of integrity lmao
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/4/2007 6:14:28 AM
California Bob most of the sights say in fine print that one has to be over 18 to participate. I have no problems with the debate , most people are cool about it and bring up their points in an intelligent manner. My problem is with the few that have to preface what they say by calling those that disagree IDIOTS or PERVERTS. I really do believe these kinds of investigations and sting operations should be left to law enforcement. One really does not know for sure whether the chat logs are authentic when its done by PERVERTED JUSTICE that is one issue that bothers me along with the intent and the roleplay with actual adults. Perverted Justice doing this operation would be like MADD being the organization that administers drunk driving tests when people are pulled over for DUI. I am vehemently against DUI as I am against pedophilia but I still want people to be arrested and brought thru the system by law enforcement. That is major gist of my argument. It is a media circus this 'reality show' and I admit to watching it , but than I am human I watch the results of car accidents as well. Does that make me a bad person in someones eyes, perhaps , buts its an honest answer.
 TheWeekdy
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2007 3:51:22 PM
End of the day people, it is still THE KIDS FAULT FOR LETTING THE PREDATORS KNOW WHERE THEY LIVE!

In the Texas case, Perverted Justice showed their true colors. Yet another case of when keeping it real goes wrong:

"Collin County prosecutors say they dropped charges in 23 sex-predator cases stemming from stings in Murphy because they couldn't prove crimes were committed here. Part of the problem, they say, was a lack of cooperation from the Internet watchdog group that set up the stings.

That group, Perverted Justice, has fired back on its Web site, calling the prosecutors liars trying to deflect blame for the dropped cases.

Perverted Justice worked with Murphy police and the television show NBC Dateline last year to lure alleged sexual predators to a house in Murphy. They used a chat room decoy pretending to be a teenage boy or girl. "

Seriously, I have a problem with any crew of amateur, untrained keyboard jockeys shotgun investigations like this. Especially police matters. They still have no accountability!

Link:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/DN-sexsting_07cco.ART.North.Edition1.43f5731.html
 Sugar*Daddie
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/4/2007 4:17:25 PM
LOL! :)

when a COP (RCMP officer) in British Columbia pled guilty to interent luring of a minor (on the community policing statuion's computer, yet! what an IDIOT!!)

he was given a sentence of ONE DAY in jail..joke?? sadly, no, not in Canada..

http://www.parl.gc.ca/39/1/parlbus/commbus/senate/com-e/soci-e/44662-e.htm?Language=E&Parl=39&Ses=1&comm_id=47
 Sugar*Daddie
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/5/2007 3:00:44 PM
^^

I THINK ALL OF YOU ARE CHILD RAPPERS AND THIS FORUM IS WAY FOR YOU ALL TO GIVE EACH OTHER HIGH FIVES THAT JUDGE IS A IDIOT AND SHOULD BE DISBARDED YOU ALL ARE LOKING FOR WAY TO HELP A CHILD RAPPER

I didn't know they had computers & net access in "the home" now..

what is a "child rapper" ? is that like Lil Bow Wow?

a young kid who raps?
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/5/2007 3:08:59 PM
I was just threatened by one of the posters wow lmao. This is serious stuff here. The poster is obvious very unintelligent . I am stating facts these people were exonerated . I am discussing my feelings about legal issues. I see some people are unintelligent they can only make threats and name call. The glaring grammar errors prove the unintelligence further. This is a free country and I am allowed to voice my opinion on the legal system . I have done it intelligently and without threatening anyone.
 Sugar*Daddie
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/6/2007 1:54:57 PM
^^^

And don't you think that this show would do whatever it takes for ratings?...even fabricate the facts? ANYTHING can be done with video and editing.

no doubt, even a 'respected' show like 60 Minutes was caught doing that..they had a videotape interview with a energy company exec, but they heavily edited the tape to make the guy look like a callous a-hole..

later were embarassed because the company made their own tape which showed what really was said and the differences from editing..

their 'famous' tactic was to approach well-known people and ask them questions basically like: "when did you stop beating your wife?"

if the guy refused to answer, follow him to make him look 'guilty' that he didn't want to answer their outrageous charges on tape
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Murphree TX exonerated every guy caught by CATCH A PREDATOR