Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 18
Recipe wanted: How to make perfect custardPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
flan

carmelize 1 cup of sugar pour into 13x9 pan

6 eggs 1 can sweetened milk 2 cans evaporated milk 1/2 cup a sugar 1 tsp vanilla

325 for an hour or so bake in a pan filled with water

refrigerate for a few hours till set semi firm

Molly Maude
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Recipe wanted: How to make perfect custard
Posted: 11/27/2011 10:45:36 AM
oddly enough ... it turned out ALMOST PERFECT ... I think I ended up baking it about an hour and a half ... I took the smaller pumpkin out after about an hour and the custard was already setting up before I refrigerated it ...

were I to do it again, however, I'd have cut the whipping cream with coconut milk by maybe half ... the custard was too thick for my taste ...

and I'd have increased the spices, vanilla extract and doubled the brown sugar ... in retrospect, I doubt I used even 1/2 cup of brown sugar ... a cup of brown sugar would have been better ... there wasn't enough sweetness to the custard ... ...

serving some to my grandson, I sprinkled it with brown sugar and he liked it!

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  >