Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > i can believe everyone has been ditching me because i don't have a p      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 onlyflower
Msg: 226
i can believe everyone has been ditching me because i don't have a picture .... Page 10 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
You can be attractive on the outside,and still be ugly on the inside.I use to meet people without photo's.I wont anymore.Alot of people lie about age, size, hight,color of thier skin,you name it they lie about it.I have met over seven not so honest people,please have a photo posted.
 cocytus
Msg: 227
i can believe everyone has been ditching me because i don't have a picture ....
Posted: 1/7/2008 6:03:11 AM

You can be attractive on the outside,and still be ugly on the inside.I use to meet people without photo's.I wont anymore.Alot of people lie about age, size, hight,color of thier skin,you name it they lie about it.I have met over seven not so honest people,please have a photo posted.

"Color of their skin"
Umm..did you READ that before you posted it?
Doesn't make you sound "racially-progressive"
And you misspelled "their"
 onlyflower
Msg: 228
Posted: 1/7/2008 6:05:02 AM
The only way your friends will find out. is if they themselves go on this site,so what do you care?If they are doing it why does it matter if you do?
 uwishtoo1958
Msg: 229
Posted: 1/7/2008 6:12:08 AM
I once had a guy write to me - years ago - and he didnt have a picture and we talked on the phone for a week solid every nite - he was sweet and nice and we just got along really well. We made a date for a Saturday and I asked him again to send me a picture - but honestly by that time I had already gotten a little feel for who he was and it wouldnt have mattered that much to me -he never sent me a picture and when I showed up at his house I walked up the drive and saw him through the windows and OMG he was drop dead gorgeous ! He later told me that he didnt want a woman that only would go out with him for his looks but preferred someone to get to know him as a person. We dated for about a year.
 ExplosiveSheep
Msg: 230
Posted: 1/7/2008 6:15:41 AM

"Color of their skin"
Umm..did you READ that before you posted it?
Doesn't make you sound "racially-progressive"
And you misspelled "their"

He misspelt Height too, but that's not what I wanted to say, please don't get into a big 10 page rant again about how affirmative action is the best thing since bread, not white bread though, that's a racist loaf. It's already dead inside...
 Madame Chaucer
Msg: 231
Posted: 1/7/2008 12:00:29 PM
I am not looking at pictures to see whether the person is "handsome" or buff, or whatever. The way a person presents themself in a picture is what piques my interest about them. Sometimes a very open smile, twinkle in the eye, direct eye contact with the camera, a pic of a person who looks like they are truly enjoying something, etc., can inspire me to want to know more.

On the other hand, a man who chooses to put a photo up of himself shirtless and flexing, for example, or with a woman next to him who has her face scribbled out, is giving clues that he is not my "type" of person.

The pictures are not just about "looks."
 cocytus
Msg: 232
Posted: 1/7/2008 12:05:04 PM

He misspelt Height too, but that's not what I wanted to say, please don't get into a big 10 page rant again about how affirmative action is the best thing since bread, not white bread though, that's a racist loaf. It's already dead inside...

I don't rant.
My postings are clear.
And I haven't said anything about affirmative action.
You need to get your facts straight.
Might help if you left the sheep alone.

Short enough post for you?
 uwishtoo1958
Msg: 233
Posted: 1/7/2008 4:35:09 PM
I once ran across an ad out here and the guy was like 62 years old but he had some pictures of him in body building competitions so I emailed and asked him about the pictures - turned out the pictures were from his years as a semi-pro in 1987 !!! Uh and this is 20 years later ??? and he still tried to tell me he looked the same - it was all I could do to stop from saying - uh no hun you dont ! And I dont like guys that post pictures like that anyway - show me one of him laughing or having a good time with clothes on - thanks. Hell I have glamour shots of myself that look great - but they arent the true me
 dancecard
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2008 4:47:40 PM
Humm ~ I feel your pain ~ probably best you stay hidden ~

I don't think you are ready yet ~ dar
 fancynanci
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2008 5:08:20 PM
I talk to people without pictures but if girls are ditching you because you don't have a picture - - why don't you put a picture on your profile?? C'mon, don't be scared!
 english lass
Msg: 236
Posted: 1/7/2008 5:44:33 PM
i like a picture because it gives an idea of who you are talking with, weeds out the spammers and stalkers... that is, if the pic is truthful, lol
 DeZwarteMaan71
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2008 11:36:04 PM
Most people believe that relationships require chemistry. Chemistry starts with 'attraction', then you go to interests then top it off with do we like or are we annoyed by their personality quirks.

So most of us want a picture to view to see if the attraction is there. I have found attraction to women in many body styles. I don't believe that attraction is just looks. It's a fire in the eyes, the aire around them... Then the intelligence of a profile just adds the cherry to the sunday split.

A single line with little to do or say about yourself, your wants, needs, desires, goals.. anything... would likely receive a passing from anyone.

I read a post saying something about "better than craigslist". The reason this place is better than craigslist is because it lacks those fake posts that are sucking you to pay sites that are a dime-a-dozen or are just mail-order brides looking to 'come visit and stay at your house. This place offers a dynamic that craigslist could never give.

Yeah to the creator!
 Ignoble
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2008 12:41:02 AM
RE: First post.

Web dating doesnt mean no faces to me. I dont know why you'd assume so. Oh and... hate to burst your bubbe but "who you really are" is %50 percent what you look like. lmao. The only way looks wouldnt matter was if you had a relationship with no sex... EVER. Its important to be sexually AS WELL AS emotionally attracted to a mate. Wouldnt it be a blow to you if you fell in love with someone without meeting them and it turned out they were revolting to your eyes? It would to me. Id never be able to get it up. Id never be able to make love to the woman I love (assuming this fictional me believed in such wishy washy concepts ^_^).
 The Belly
Msg: 239
Posted: 1/8/2008 12:15:45 PM
Pictures are the best!

They are the first lie to be shown. I like to be lied to in the proper order.
1. the "visual" lie. Pics.
2. the written lie. IMing, as well as profile.
3. the verbal lie, on the phone.
4. the face to face lie...

So you have to post a pic.!!!!! Keep the order man.. No body like disorder..

~Belly~
 Put Name Here
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2008 4:07:27 PM
Cocytus, I think you missed the point with the short line that people without pictures posted have lied about their skin color.

The poster was making reference to listing Many things that were Lies from posters without pictures. Their skin color was one of them. I didn't get anything from that poster about skin color other than it was something that Other Posters have done in the past. I don't think it would bother her what color their skin was or is or what ever but the Fact that they lied about it speaks volumes.

Who wants to be with an insecure person that relies upon lies?

The second poster was just trying to show you what I just did, I assume, which is a minor thing but may be major to you for your own personal reasons.

Thanks for your clear and concise postings. :)
 zoiesmom
Msg: 241
Posted: 1/10/2008 5:29:19 PM
When I first joined POF I didn't even posess the technology to post a picture online. We had just got our first computer. I met not one but TWO nice guys who were willing to converse for awhile and even coached me thru the process of downloading a pic. Both were very patient and developed an idea of who I was as a person before they saw my picture. I was even told I was just a "friend" because he was involved with someone else, but over the course of a few weeks won him completely over. When I finally sent the pic....it sealed the deal!! We're together now and couldn't be happier! Just a thought.
 DemonLeather
Msg: 242
Posted: 1/10/2008 5:37:04 PM
MAN!,.. If I didn't have pictures,. I'd be just another crude,rude, and totally unacceptable biker..without that benefit of that seasoned, weathered, external uglyness!.. I'd lose my "identity"!
 HeartoGold50f
Msg: 243
Posted: 1/10/2008 5:40:43 PM
I feel its very easy to get a pic from a photo CD or from a digital cam or webcam especially! If you have nothing to hide? Why not?!!

ITs fun and you got to see others. Physical attraction DOES matter...you also are attracted to or drawn to certain faces for whatever reason too. Its nature! :)

Anyway..instead of complaining...and playing a martyr...share! See what happens! Then you have more of a right to complain after that :)

It also shows how much or how little you give too...if you don't have much on profile and then don't have pics either. I feel I could add more to my profile. But I have done detailed profiles in past...and didn't seem to matter to men...so I didn't this time!

Have someone scan a photo of you if nothing else?!! Its so easy to do, and people will really appreciate it. Its only fair to the others who do post pics!
 lainie99
Msg: 244
Posted: 1/10/2008 5:57:12 PM
Although i understand your feelings, there is something i don't quite think you understand...

Yes, it's what's inside that counts, but you need to see the person's picture to get an idea of them when you are dating online. For women, it may not be about being attractive, but everyone has a certain style or look that they tend to go for...meaning beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say--so it's not about being a ten necessarily...

Also, i don't talk to people without a picture for specific reasons...one being that i like to see the person's eyes--you can tell, if the person is a good person or not merely by their eyes.

Moreover, it may not be the case with you, but i tend to not trust the person if they do not post a picture...perhaps they are married or in a relationship and are trying to go ingognito? How would i know? I wouldn't.

If you get lot's of emails, and one doesn't have a pic--of course you will pass the pictureless person by--i mean come on...it's human nature.

It also makes for a pretty bland profile...take a risk and give a little...

If people with pics do not talk to you--well why don't you just talk to other people without pics??? They certainly would understand you--no? lol

I hope this helps...but you get what you give.
 AlienSecrets
Msg: 245
Posted: 1/10/2008 6:00:35 PM
edit

ok I just decided to cut my post short.

We all have the choice to post a pic or not to post a pic.. hell we can post a fake pic or a real pic a recent pic or an old pic a pic of your 2nd cousins 3rd grade g/f with her puppy - Whatever!

If you like what you see - go for it. If you don't, move along. It really is pretty simple.

A.S.is
:peace:
 miraclgal
Msg: 246
Posted: 1/10/2008 6:18:31 PM
I wish we could have photos ,voice, and smellivision. Chris
 AlienSecrets
Msg: 247
Posted: 1/10/2008 6:22:23 PM

NO NO NO NO NO - NO smellivision!!!

I just gotta vision of about 100 guys behind webcams saying "Hey Baby!! Pull my finger!!" NO Smellivision!!
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 248
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2008 6:42:30 PM
I just had a f@ck@n moron today add me as fav when it clearly says on my profile that I delete anyone adding me with no pic lol. GO FIGURE. Just a sidenote I deleted the ahole
 Put Name Here
Msg: 249
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2008 6:51:54 PM
lainie99 I am with you on the eyes thing, very important.

Through eyes you can see their joys in life, how honest they are, the levels they think through while handling things in life whether simple or involved, and in sex eyes are very important! Giggling eyes are my best, humor is one of the best things to make communication a breeze.

Thanks for your putting the eyes thing up. Also your ideas that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That is so true. I used to have a beard down to my belly button because they shut down the place I worked and I went to school and didn't have to shave. Oh, man, the women that loved that scraggly beard sure did amaze me. I had ladies that wouldn't give me the time of day before hand start following me around. Weird. Cool too as that is what got them going. After I shaved off my beard a different type of lady started following me. Sometimes when I laugh I get attention from that from ladies and also it turns off some. It's a pretty good bet that if you put a picture or more of your self up on your profile you have a Huge chance of meeting more than just one for you.

Ah, smellivision. That does sound funny. I think there would be way more than a 100 guys wanting their fingers pulled as ladies would also be jumping on that. It always amazes me how many ladies are into farting, ones you would never guess, once they are behind doors out of public scrutiny. I wonder if that would fog up the monitors too, just as a tell tale sign that it's a killer one or not. We all fart. Smellivision also brings up the thought of feet, armpits, flesh rolls moved too quickly, the dreaded coffee breath that does not go well with smoke breath but so many people have it and are oblivious to it. What about the ones that haven't showered daily? Man, now a simple fart doesn't sound so bad.

Voice would be fun. A lot can be loved through a voice.

MY OH MY
Msg: 250
Posted: 1/10/2008 8:20:59 PM
Ok, I want to swim too...
I thought our name was our first lie??? I am quite thawed, it really was warm this last week.
I profess that I mark that I am white; however, I have brown spots every where except where the sun hasn't shown. I am not one color...I am at least two! Oh the horror of this.
I don't chat online, but I do email, and vent on the forums...ummm...did so tonight to a young lady that I had to explain to her why she was attacked a bit by me. She brought up my photos, good thing she didn't see the elf outfit...
I honestly look at a man's photo to see how he takes care of himself and I look to see what is in the background. I saw a man's profile recently that really took care of himself and looked like he had tons of fun! He had a photo with him and I believe it was his son covered in mud next to a four wheeler that was also covered. I asked him if he had a shower outside, but he didn't answer my email. I didn't mean any disrespect. I did wonder how they cleaned up.
A picture says a thousand words, is worth a thousand words, oh heck look at the picture.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > i can believe everyone has been ditching me because i don't have a picture ....