Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > i can believe everyone has been ditching me because i don't have a p      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jtriple7
Msg: 76
i can believe everyone has been ditching me because i don't have a picture .... Page 4 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
I disagree with you, toenail clippings. I have yet to post a pic, and have had met (in person) 5 men on here. Not one has been disappointed with my looks. In fact, I'm meeting for a second date soon with an incredibly attractive gentleman who had never seen what I looked like before our first date, and I've received several emails (after) letting me know he thinks I'm beautiful and was NOT disappointed!
 janice rand
Msg: 77
i can believe everyone has been ditching me because i don't have a picture ....
Posted: 7/4/2007 5:26:19 AM
There is nothing " wrong " with someone who does not choose to post a picture. Yes cameras have been around forever , but not all of us want our faces splashed across the internet .

If others choose to do this then i see nothing wrong with them putting up pictures , but there is also nothing wrong with those of us who don't want to put up a picture. Comparing online dating to meeting someone in line at a grocery store is just not the same thing .

The amount of lies and deceptions that go on with people online is far more then in real life. Probably because online you can be whoever you choose to be . In real life that is a lot more hard to do .

After i talk to someone one time and we are getting along and i want to continue talking to this person i will show them many pictures of me and before we meet i will go on web cam with them . There is no right and wrong way to do this , just different ways.
 robfish
Msg: 78
Posted: 7/4/2007 6:58:57 AM

You are calling the majority of us "shallow" on this site without knowing us as people because we want to SEE who we talk to?
So which part of your statement was shallow.....as that was not a 'deep' reply.
Especially coming from a man who has a picture of himself posted.

Whats your point? If you look at my post you will see I wrote "majority", I didn't say that everyone was shallow! The OP's issue here seems to be that women won't talk to him AT ALL because he doesn't have a picture in his profile and that is shallow behaviour to me. Your situation is different, you did chat/email before asking for a pic. How is any of that related to my profile? Yes, I do have a picture up but according to you that makes ME shallow? How? I talk to everyone, picture, no picture, doesn't make a difference to me.....
 kaisenji
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/4/2007 7:56:48 AM
arquitecto: I agree with a couple of other posters. Your profile leaves a lot to be desired. Why not put in the effort and fill it out more? I appreciate a guy (picture or not) who actually fills out this profile with good information. I pass up anything with 5 lines or less.
A combination of both would get you more responses. You've gotten a lot of responses here but only due to whining about how you are being passed up by the ladies. Plus people are looking at your profile so I guess you've gotten what you wanted: more attention.

Lastly, I too have see threads like this before; hope the MODS noticed its a whine fest and deletes it.
 LookieLou456
Msg: 80
Posted: 7/4/2007 8:24:51 AM
Hey Arq I hate how I look but I bit the bullet and put up a picture...don't be shy, we gals all want to see how they grow 'em in Barcelona...lol.
 57blueeyes
Msg: 81
Posted: 7/4/2007 8:43:47 AM
Unfortunately,physical attraction seems to be the FIRST step.Most people,I think,need to feel some sort of physical chemistry before they want to know WHO you are.Conversely,some of the most attractive people get real ugly when they open their mouth.Ever been set-up on a date being told "she has a nice personality"?Red flag!
 SOUL AND HEART
Msg: 82
Posted: 7/4/2007 8:47:40 AM
So many women are in denial. They say it's what's inside that counts, but they're the first to reject a man because he is short or bald or fat or has hair on his back or all of the above. C'mon, let's be honest with ourselves.
I happen to be tall, with a head of hair, so I'm rarely discriminated against, but I see it happen to other men all the time.
Okay lady, face reality. The physical is 50% of the package. You can't have a romantic relationship without some kind of physical attraction.
Sometimes people like to look at life with one eye closed. One person says the cup is half empty, the next person says the cup is half full. The reality is - it's both! So that's how you should look at it. With both eyes wide open.
 slysterling
Msg: 83
Posted: 7/4/2007 11:25:08 AM
post 93 probably is pretty close to most accurate.

OP:"" i can believe everyone has been ditching me because i don't have a picture .... """
I can believe it too! It's really no mystery. When you first signed up here and did your profile, the owner of the Site gives you a bunch of tips: here's the first one in case you forgot or never noticed it:

Tips...

1. If you upload a picture of yourself you tend to get 10 times the number of responses.

So, yes, I can believe it. Besides this thread sounds like it almost belongs in Profile review.

Maybe down the road the site will subdivide the dating forums so we can put all the whiny nice guy threads in one separate folder, and then from the women's side, all the bashing stuff that usually starts out with "Why are all men...so and so". Then whoever wants to post to whiny nice guy threads, or men bashing threads, they'll all be in the same folder.

OP, Your own profile says: ""I believe there is a woman walking through life waiting for me and I will do everything in my power to keep her close to me. """
Well if you were willing to do everything in your power, you would think you would follow the owner of the site's advice and get yourself ten times as many messages by posting a pic. You folks can debate and discuss this one till the cows come home, but it still won't change the fact that a picture in your profile is going to better your odds of finding someone.

Have a good one..
 Sunbirdus
Msg: 84
Posted: 7/4/2007 2:20:14 PM
No pic = married or live in girlfriend doesnt wanta get caught...just my thoughts
 arquitecto
Msg: 85
Posted: 7/5/2007 7:11:40 AM
well no pic ... more interesssting... pic as requested......
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 86
Posted: 7/5/2007 11:44:19 AM

Picture this scenario: You're walking down the street and someone with a paper bag over their head comes up to to you and says "Hey there! I'm Mr. Smith. Don't you concern yourself with what I look like, get to know me first. Whaddoyasay?"
What DO you say? As for myself, I would either consider the person slightly touched in the head or I would be looking for the hidden camera and getting ready to sign release forms so my visage could be used on the next "Jackass" film.

Only a small percentage of people would talk so such a person on the street and an even smaller percentage would talk to such a person online. There's more than enough uncertainty on here, what with not having the benefit of reading a persons body language and facial expressions to go along with their words, you would rather omit the visage as well? I try to see all sides of an issue but I fail to see any in this one.

I like seein who the heck I'm talkin to. In person I don't talk to the backs of peoples heads. *rollin eyes*

I wonder how many of these faceless people actually mail people without pics. Chances are they are mailing more people with pics than without..

Exactly. People with pics are going to want one as well, if it bothers you that people you e-mail ask for one, e-mail people without pics, they get the "it's the inside that counts" thing more than someone with a pic posted.

E-mailing someone with a pic because you had an attraction (why else would you have spotted and reacted to their profile) is hypocritical when you don't think a picture should matter.

Pffft.
 NYC
Msg: 87
Posted: 7/5/2007 8:00:32 PM
You can always ask for a pic. And not having a pic on the site doesnt mean that one is ugly...
 64nov
Msg: 88
Posted: 7/5/2007 8:07:29 PM
Oh come on and get with the program, people need a general idea of what you look like, that is human nature so get a picture and stop whining!!
 TouchOfClass316
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2007 8:22:28 PM
WWWAAAAAAAAA

Get a grip already. Men are just as visually stimulated as women, we just look for different aspects. If you don't want someone to run from you, post a current picture.
 64nov
Msg: 90
Posted: 7/5/2007 8:24:46 PM
Isn't whining ATTRACTIVE????
 TouchOfClass316
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2007 8:27:03 PM
Me thinks, 64Nov, it's the whining they're running from!
 plainguy
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2007 8:53:37 PM
Seen other threads about pics, and profiles. I have to see who I am going to be communicating with, because I prefer to know that I am not possibly talking to a relative, or.......MY EX! And then at the same time, I like to see if there is something that attracts me to the person. No one admits it, but there has to be a certain amount of physical attraction. Then the rest just follows.....
Posted: 7/5/2007 9:03:53 PM

after all we are just web daiting ( no faces at all)

You're kidding, right???? You only "cyber date"? You don't meet anyone or intend to meet anyone? Would you meet someone when you had no idea whatsoever who is going to show up?

I have not even read the bulk of replies. because:

I like to see if there is something that attracts me to the person.

Whether you like it or not, the laws of physical attraction are what initially brings us to a person.

*just shaking my head*

NYC
Msg: 94
Posted: 7/5/2007 9:23:00 PM
ok I made one pic non private, lets wait for the "physical attraction" to stop by haha. I wouldnt care if someone does or doesnt have a pic, you can always ask for one c'mon is it that hard?
 Inocybe
Msg: 95
Posted: 7/6/2007 4:15:56 PM
I think a picture makes someone more real than just another potential scammer. That's why I have a pic...to my detriment.
 workingonagoodname13
Msg: 96
Posted: 7/6/2007 4:23:17 PM
For gods sake....when was the last time you bought a car sight unseen, home, cottage for that matter?

You don't want to know about this stuff? Don't you think others do as well?

Come on!

KnightsAbove
Msg: 97
Posted: 7/6/2007 4:28:25 PM
If a woman can't read your profile and deletes you because they can't see a displayed pic, instead of waiting to be shown one by private email, then not only are they not worth your time and energy but also shallow...so you have done yourself a favour by weeding out immediate judgements over depth of personality....
 rockondon
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2007 6:26:46 PM
oh psch, its only natural for people to want to see a pic. And sure looks aren't everything but no one thing IS everything. Looks are a part of why we like someone, a very important part.

More often than not, those who don't have a pic up have a good reason for it.
 Janet4now
Msg: 99
Posted: 7/6/2007 7:03:26 PM
I just feel like when I see a person (even if the picture is 10 years old, and they lie about their age) I have something to relate to.... a little purple box where your picture should go gives me nothing to respond to!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2007 7:03:37 PM
Just a thought from one of the more shallow ones who's always had a picture (such that it is..hehe) posted.
If the purpose is to actually meet up...how do you recognize the person? If it's just from a physical description, then sorry I'd always taken a pass on that.
Not going to walk through a public meeting place and have to gawk at every male that's XXX tall, hair color XXX....not gonna happen.
So you send an email with a contact email? Fine, if you're going to have to *cough up* a pic at some point..just makes sense to have it there already.
And yes, I'm boringly practical and pragmatic. In my experience there's always a reason the pics aren't posted. The written physical description NEVER has matched up in with the pic. Not even close, I'd suggest buying a mirror but Home Depot would've been sold out!!
I've never ever met anyone, a first meet or a galpal who didn't walk right up and know immediately who I was. Even at a social, somehow they always recognize me.
Duh...that's one small thing that pics do. You recognize who you're meeting!!
I could describe myself accurately, but a pic just makes it so much easier.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > i can believe everyone has been ditching me because i don't have a picture ....