Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > i can believe everyone has been ditching me because i don't have a p      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Eric-s Smokin Hottie
Msg: 101
i can believe everyone has been ditching me because i don't have a picture .... Page 5 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
I don't view new profiles very often any more unless I see somebody new on my Viewed Me page. Somedays at least half of them do not have pics, so I will click on the ones with photos first because they are the ones that catch my eye. Only if I have nothing else to do will I click on the ones with no pics!

I could spend all day clicking on faceless profiles, but who has the time to do that?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 102
view profile
History
i can believe everyone has been ditching me because i don't have a picture ....
Posted: 7/5/2007 11:44:19 AM

Picture this scenario: You're walking down the street and someone with a paper bag over their head comes up to to you and says "Hey there! I'm Mr. Smith. Don't you concern yourself with what I look like, get to know me first. Whaddoyasay?"
What DO you say? As for myself, I would either consider the person slightly touched in the head or I would be looking for the hidden camera and getting ready to sign release forms so my visage could be used on the next "Jackass" film.

Only a small percentage of people would talk so such a person on the street and an even smaller percentage would talk to such a person online. There's more than enough uncertainty on here, what with not having the benefit of reading a persons body language and facial expressions to go along with their words, you would rather omit the visage as well? I try to see all sides of an issue but I fail to see any in this one.

I like seein who the heck I'm talkin to. In person I don't talk to the backs of peoples heads. *rollin eyes*

I wonder how many of these faceless people actually mail people without pics. Chances are they are mailing more people with pics than without..

Exactly. People with pics are going to want one as well, if it bothers you that people you e-mail ask for one, e-mail people without pics, they get the "it's the inside that counts" thing more than someone with a pic posted.

E-mailing someone with a pic because you had an attraction (why else would you have spotted and reacted to their profile) is hypocritical when you don't think a picture should matter.

Pffft.
 NYC
Msg: 103
Posted: 7/5/2007 8:00:32 PM
You can always ask for a pic. And not having a pic on the site doesnt mean that one is ugly...
 64nov
Msg: 104
Posted: 7/5/2007 8:07:29 PM
Oh come on and get with the program, people need a general idea of what you look like, that is human nature so get a picture and stop whining!!
 TouchOfClass316
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2007 8:22:28 PM
WWWAAAAAAAAA

Get a grip already. Men are just as visually stimulated as women, we just look for different aspects. If you don't want someone to run from you, post a current picture.
 64nov
Msg: 106
Posted: 7/5/2007 8:24:46 PM
Isn't whining ATTRACTIVE????
 TouchOfClass316
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2007 8:27:03 PM
Me thinks, 64Nov, it's the whining they're running from!
 Artist Ray
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2007 8:40:22 PM
I, personally, am here, to actually meet someone in my area. I have sent mail to a few women without pictures, but for the most part like to see who I am talking to. If you meet someone while out, say, at a free concert, or at the beach, the first thing you see is the person, then you get to know the personality. Looks arent everything. Example..and I hate to use this but it is so perfect. Paris Hilton, is considered, by some to be beautiful, to me she lost that the minute she opened her mouth and showed what was inside, knowing what I know abou thtis person I would go near her with a 10 foot pole, I dont care how pretty she is 'supposed' to be.
But a lot of us are visual people and like to put a face to the one we are communicating with. I post mine, I expect the same, at the very least.
 plainguy
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2007 8:53:37 PM
Seen other threads about pics, and profiles. I have to see who I am going to be communicating with, because I prefer to know that I am not possibly talking to a relative, or.......MY EX! And then at the same time, I like to see if there is something that attracts me to the person. No one admits it, but there has to be a certain amount of physical attraction. Then the rest just follows.....
 Scintillating_Angel
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2007 9:03:53 PM

after all we are just web daiting ( no faces at all)

You're kidding, right???? You only "cyber date"? You don't meet anyone or intend to meet anyone? Would you meet someone when you had no idea whatsoever who is going to show up?

I have not even read the bulk of replies. because:

I like to see if there is something that attracts me to the person.

Whether you like it or not, the laws of physical attraction are what initially brings us to a person.

*just shaking my head*

NYC
Msg: 111
Posted: 7/5/2007 9:23:00 PM
ok I made one pic non private, lets wait for the "physical attraction" to stop by haha. I wouldnt care if someone does or doesnt have a pic, you can always ask for one c'mon is it that hard?
 Pixy Dust
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2007 2:00:10 PM
You'd be surprised how many won't send one.....
 notsantos101
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2007 3:03:45 PM
i've agreed to meet people in the past sight unseen. in every case the reason became clear, they were all seriously fugly.
 Inocybe
Msg: 114
Posted: 7/6/2007 4:15:56 PM
I think a picture makes someone more real than just another potential scammer. That's why I have a pic...to my detriment.
 workingonagoodname13
Msg: 115
Posted: 7/6/2007 4:23:17 PM
For gods sake....when was the last time you bought a car sight unseen, home, cottage for that matter?

You don't want to know about this stuff? Don't you think others do as well?

Come on!

KnightsAbove
Msg: 116
Posted: 7/6/2007 4:28:25 PM
If a woman can't read your profile and deletes you because they can't see a displayed pic, instead of waiting to be shown one by private email, then not only are they not worth your time and energy but also shallow...so you have done yourself a favour by weeding out immediate judgements over depth of personality....
 QGorgo
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2007 4:45:48 PM
I know exactly what ya mean but I stuck to my guns about the no pic, my rule was and still is... my face and it gets shown on MY terms not anybody else's. Don't like it...use that mouse and keep right on clickin. It has only been recently that I put one out. What this has shown me is who the ones that I do not want to have any communication with whatsoever and who are worth my time. The ones that stayed and got to know me for an indepth book of a profile and no face (but eventually did get a pic from me after I got to know them!) and to this day I am still friends with them.

You will get called nasty names, whiny, and things that might need to be edited lol so I wont put them out here but let me tell you...those are not people worth your time. I took a quick peak at your profile before I posted. It states you are a Spaniard (sp)...good luck my friend. If you are a traditional one (I have not read all your posts in here sorry-my head is currently pounding) you are fighting an uphill battle in this pond. If you are a traditional one...you might want to go into a bit of detail about that in your profile. I know what the qualities of one are and how the differences of a Spaniard (sp) and a Mexican are and what they look for in a woman and life but not all American women do. I was quite suprised to find otu there is actually a difference. :) If I was not so headstrong I could go for a traditional Spainard (sp) myself...but one would never be able to put up with my mouth lol

Sorry if I went off topic here peeps and The Mod Squad...jsut trying to help the poor man too. Good luck OP be patient and dont bend on your morals...having morals and sticking to them is a good quality that women look for in a man :)

Rocky
 rockondon
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2007 6:26:46 PM
oh psch, its only natural for people to want to see a pic. And sure looks aren't everything but no one thing IS everything. Looks are a part of why we like someone, a very important part.

More often than not, those who don't have a pic up have a good reason for it.
 Janet4now
Msg: 119
Posted: 7/6/2007 7:03:26 PM
I just feel like when I see a person (even if the picture is 10 years old, and they lie about their age) I have something to relate to.... a little purple box where your picture should go gives me nothing to respond to!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2007 7:03:37 PM
Just a thought from one of the more shallow ones who's always had a picture (such that it is..hehe) posted.
If the purpose is to actually meet up...how do you recognize the person? If it's just from a physical description, then sorry I'd always taken a pass on that.
Not going to walk through a public meeting place and have to gawk at every male that's XXX tall, hair color XXX....not gonna happen.
So you send an email with a contact email? Fine, if you're going to have to *cough up* a pic at some point..just makes sense to have it there already.
And yes, I'm boringly practical and pragmatic. In my experience there's always a reason the pics aren't posted. The written physical description NEVER has matched up in with the pic. Not even close, I'd suggest buying a mirror but Home Depot would've been sold out!!
I've never ever met anyone, a first meet or a galpal who didn't walk right up and know immediately who I was. Even at a social, somehow they always recognize me.
Duh...that's one small thing that pics do. You recognize who you're meeting!!
I could describe myself accurately, but a pic just makes it so much easier.
 Lucky Ducky101
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2007 7:21:21 PM
Hey, it's interesting, for sure; wonder what they are wondering, if you are nice and they think you may be not up to par, or if you are hiding something?WHAT? I never put my pic, time enough for a pic if and when, and I don't give a hoot n' a holler what the other person looks like; it is always different in person anyway; I am fairly attractive(?) to the opposite sex, so I was getting e-mails for the wrong reasons!!!So I do not, and will not, post a pic, and just let your personality fly; who wants a bunch of ga ga addicts anyway? Nuff Said!!
 molly__blooming
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2007 8:25:23 PM
^^^^ wow, lucky ducky 101, you are even starting to convince me, and i am a die hard 'gotta have a pic' type (as you can see from my earlier post on this thread)... great post. and a very good argument.

hmmmm... it's an interesting idea, the notion that you will attract, as you say, a "bunch of ga ga addicts" by having a pic in your profile, particularly if you are attractive.

i feel as tho i have been getting e-mails for the wrong reasons also, and, recently, had decided to throw in the towel on online dating because of that and various other difficulties. like the guys who pretend to be everything you're looking for so that you will like them and give them a chance -- probably only because they think you're hot -- not a good idea guys!!!!

i can't tell you how many times i have gotten mails from guys who say they are really very much interested in me, that they "loved" my profile, and so forth, only to find that they didn't read a single bleedin word in the damn profile -- that all they were responding to (i mean ALL) was my photo! and that what they really liked was ONLY how i looked! blah! blech! ahhh!!!! all i wanna say in those cases is, ok let's rewind this scene and go back to the start and begin again only AFTER you've read the darn thing.

now, you've got me thinking: maybe i will remove all my pics and see if the kind of guys i want to hear from actually start writing to me -- now wouldn't that be something?!

in fact, i think i WILL do it. for a trial run at least... can't hurt! ...at least that way they can't be responding to what i look like and can only be responding to the content of my profile...

thanks lucky, cheers to one and all!

post script: pics are gone... :-)
 whatacrok
Msg: 123
Posted: 7/6/2007 8:56:49 PM
Just open the phone book, find a name you like, and call them & date them!

I know that is a stretch and I am going to get a whole lotta %*)#(%&
for that, but COME ON! No matter what we look like, we still have a look and if you are as beautiful inside as outside, your personality will shine through in no time...

AND, I just have to ask "WHY NOT POST A PICTURE"?

If you don't have a picture, and you are a psycho, when we see your "personality" on a milk carton we can say "Oh, what a lovely person that was, wish I knew what she/he looked like so we can find her/him".

Oh, sorry...I must be ornery tonight.... I just get tired of not being able to put a face with the words being said...I also believe that you MUST meet these people in person...I have met many people and very few pictures come close to depicting their wonderful personalities...also, alot can get lost in relying on written communication alone...there's body language, etc....

Well, to some... love really is blind!!!
 JDMETRO
Msg: 124
Posted: 7/6/2007 9:26:33 PM
It is 2007, photos are everywhere. I block messages from women who don't post photos.

The absence of a photo is virtually equivalent to lying by omission.

People Lie - if they post a phony photo - then they are consciously and knowing lying. Most people won't go that far.

Post a photo and quit whining.

Joe
 Janet4now
Msg: 125
Posted: 7/6/2007 9:39:53 PM
or stay photo-absent, but do please quit whining...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > i can believe everyone has been ditching me because i don't have a picture ....