Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 trooperbill
Msg: 2
view profile
History
If You Was A Doctor Or A Nurse.?.Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
chuck a load of salt on him

paradise awaits my friend.

mark
 trooperbill
Msg: 15
view profile
History
If You Was A Doctor Or A Nurse.?.
Posted: 7/3/2007 2:41:36 PM
brainwashing machine to undo all the junk thats been done to them maybe....

constant loop of teletubbies or something :)
 London Lass 59
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/3/2007 9:29:48 PM
As an ex pat, I am a British trained nurse living in the USA. I would have to say, that despite what this guy has done, and the devestation that he may have caused to my home town, as a nurse and a medical professional, I would have to put my personal opinions aside, and do the job for which I was trained for. This is a lot to ask from anybody, but we do what we have to do.......

On a lighter note......I have been known to be Nurse Ratchett at times!!!
 London Lass 59
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/3/2007 11:02:27 PM
OMG Geneseo, I cannot believe you said all that , you call yourself a nurse and a caregiver????? I guess you did not receive the same compassionate training that I did!!!
 London Lass 59
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/4/2007 12:00:22 PM
I think that maybe it is time for you to take a back seat on this, it is obvious that your personal opinions are over shadowing your role as a medical professional. We all have to deal with the morals of treating such a person, but at the end of the day, we do it to the best of our ability because we are in a caring, compassionate field, we are professionals, this is what we do best.
 London Lass 59
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/4/2007 1:27:17 PM
I think that I have read enough here. I am very thankful that I am a nurse who actually gives a darn. I am sorry that you are so bitter, maybe you are in the wrong profession. I for one, would be very saddened if you were the person responsible for providing care to myself or my family.
 lalby
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/5/2007 1:17:48 AM
This is why i couldnt be a nurse,as i wouldnt treat him at all id give him a good rub down with sergical spirits and let him scream
 BRASS
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2007 3:23:06 PM
I've had to take care of wounded enemies. It's part of the Hague Accord. Sure I may have wanted to lobotomize them with my .45, but I did have to remain professional. Resist Temptation......Professionalism means even if you can get away with it you still don't push the guy out of a Helicopter. Besides medical personel have to keep them alive, they don't have to make their existance comfotable.
 rescuemedic999
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2007 2:00:18 PM
Interesting thread.
the fact that one very high profile case has hit the headlines has brought this issue to the non-medical world. The reality is that this happens everyday for medical professionals - ambulance crews as well as dr's and nurses.

we are trained to do a job - and that is what we have to do - if not then we are lowering ourselves to below their level (we should know better)

what about those of us that have been involved in the rescue of terrorists, criminals etc.. folks this fact really enters you head EVERY day.

if (IMHO) a professional cannot act appropriatly then they need to look at getting out of the job.
 dub08
Msg: 78
Posted: 11/22/2007 7:51:12 AM
The medical professional' s job is to treat not to judge. May not like it but would have to be treated like everyone else.
 stevencl
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2007 3:59:29 PM
it's a no-brainer! I'm a nurse and I would treat him/her regardless of what he/she has done. A nurse or doctor just goes on auto-pilot and does what's best for the patient - feelings do not come in to it. For any nurse or doctor to say otherwise is not professional and they should be removed from the register
 London Lass 59
Msg: 87
Posted: 11/22/2007 5:13:24 PM
I thought this thread was dead and buried, but I guess not........

I am with you 100% stevencl, we are professionals, we care for the sick regardless of their circumstances, that is what we are trained to do, this is what we do best....

I am proud to call myself an RN...........!!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >