Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Calling all 40-60Something Males?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rokitjon
Msg: 1208
Calling all 40-60Something Males?Page 61 of 62    (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62)
What?Who is this idiot you're talking too?Maybe what he was 'thinking' was you're too good for most men(including him) and wanted to torpedo you with what he 'said'.
Maybe men in our age group have tired of meeting the advertised level of "Admirable" in a womans eyes and just want to go at our own pace anymore.
"Can't play Chopin on the piano,aint easing into a comfortable retirement,didn't save the world and didn't make the Masters Cup Race this year...Damn,who will have me?"
This may be the kinds of things men think when they encounter a woman like you.I also think there are demographics that many people fall into that makes finding a relationship difficult.Your demograph would be particularly frustrating because it sounds like you have alot to offer,few heavy encumberances, a developed emotionality and you've put honest effort into becoming who you are only to find the current situation as the clock ticks.The ability to say "F/it" and really mean it has its empowering value.
You could also e-mail me!
 lmedim
Msg: 1209
Calling all 40-60Something Males?
Posted: 1/28/2009 7:02:09 AM
I think the guys are fooling themselves when they say age is just a number. It may be when they're dating, but it's different when they think about long term. I've had many offers from 20 and 30 year olds, but I know it's just for the experience. They would never consider me for the long haul, and they are usually pretty immature.
 rokitjon
Msg: 1210
Posted: 1/28/2009 11:11:45 AM
I don't think I can define it properly and I really hate to use a Hollywood cliche,but we'll start with the term Complete and try to gell it into a better word.A "Complete" relationship with a woman to me would be with a woman near my own age because we grew up in the same world,and if you remember the 60's and 70's there was alot of cool stuff going on yet there was a grounding in a safer world our parents and there parents set the tone for.We could ride our bicycles all night long and never worry about predators,the beach was pristine,etc..I can reclaim that past in a sense,with a woman my own age.Also I think the spirit is made to find its rightful place next to another spirit of its age...a matter of place,soul respect and honoring ones self and ones other when one couples in age appropriateness.But i'm talking about something like Completeness.Formerly as a creator of things there was great satisfaction in finishing a project.To finish searching for an other and to live in a state of satisfaction and rythm of course is what coupling should or could be about...OK so heres a new word - "Finishfactionythm",Huh?Huh?..No?OK well you make up a word!...(and define it)
 mappotterguy
Msg: 1211
Posted: 1/31/2009 11:08:33 PM
I am slightly amazed at the generalizations people state in their own name without any regard to facts or any degree of humility. For a person, male or female to prejudge someone simply on their age or other such criteria is more a statement of their own shortcomings then the subjective opinion they are trying to pass off as gospel. My father taught me many things, among them was that "We say more about ourselves when we speak of others." Another favorite of his was "Be thankful for what you have and thank God you don't get what you deserve." I'm still learning from you Dad, thanks. m
 NASH58
Msg: 1212
Posted: 2/5/2009 5:53:33 AM
Women over 40 up are so hot sexy over 50 better where are all the women from 50 to 65 in Nashville
 shaddypie
Msg: 1213
Posted: 2/6/2009 2:19:37 PM
If you 40 and 50 year olds think that you are having trouble, you should try my age 73.
I am physically and mentally very much younger than my years and my friends are younger.
However if someone who doesn't know my age finds out, zip, he's gone.
I've been kicked to the curb so many times that I have a permanent dent in my head.
But ya know, I keep coming back and I will until I land me a 'cute young thang'.
 treselle
Msg: 1214
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2009 8:45:22 AM
shaddypie, you are my IDOL! I love your spirit! You are gorgeous and looking much younger than 73. You might get lucky with a decent mature man or you might say:" The hell with the old farts!" and switch teams. That way you might be more appreciated. You would be surprised how many ladies over 40 look for love among their own gender. As some would say: " Why buy a pig for a little sausage?????"
 Cherrybeary
Msg: 1215
Posted: 2/7/2009 7:11:55 PM
I have no problem getting a guy.
I'm 48 but I feel and act a lot younger on most days. Everyone has bad days.
A person's age should not matter.
My nana who is 86 is dating now, she has outlived a husband, a long term boyfriend and dating again so it doesn't matter. It's cool. I'm very happy for her, they look so cute together.
 Nothin2it
Msg: 1216
Posted: 2/7/2009 11:13:30 PM
The O.P. is no longer on POF

The guy was 63, telling a younger woman why she wasn't desirable to younger men....and the mystery is???

Dead thread....stupid question, for all the right reasons.
 shaddypie
Msg: 1217
Posted: 2/8/2009 10:13:50 AM
treselle, I will never switch teams...i'd rather have the pig...and if any of you pigs out there are interested, you have my email addy.
 KittenWithAQuip
Msg: 1218
Posted: 2/8/2009 11:34:44 AM
Okay, so the OP is no longer here. But it's still a good thread. Am I the only one who thinks the 63-year-old guy who said those things to her was an insecure jerk who was just projecting his own dissatisfaction with himself onto her? Just curious.
 dwaynesullivan
Msg: 1219
Posted: 2/9/2009 9:05:37 AM
PERSONALLY I THINK HE IS A STUCK CAD THAT GIVES ALL MEN A BAD NAME. HE SHOULD NOT JUDGE OR COMMINT THE REST OF US BY HIS SHORT COMINGS AND SELF CENTERNESS
 clearbluecolors
Msg: 1220
Posted: 2/9/2009 5:06:40 PM
I am 54. There are many men out there who want younger women. That's their choice. Don't try to fight your way into them. If they are citing your failings or inadequacies it is just their way of disguising their own. It is no coincidence that as soon as performance issues sneak in to their life - the obsession to become a teacher to a less savvy or seasoned woman rages. The men who need this can't be helped- it has nothing to do with you. Never do battle for these men. They need to win this battle in their own mind. Some never recover from getting kicked to the curb. Smarter men finally figure it out. Those men are awesome. They finally get it( and give it)- good.
 jewelsAU
Msg: 1221
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2009 8:27:24 PM
I am 57 years old and that is the biggest crock that I have ever hear, I am looking for women in my age range. Someone my own age would be just right and if she is fit and looking good all the better. Younger women will likely not last long term especially in a few years when I am 70 and she is 53. Do the math, for the long haul be with someone close to you own age, plus or minus just a few.
 BlueEyedSoulman
Msg: 1222
Posted: 2/11/2009 11:47:48 AM
I think the OP's gentleman-friend is pretty narrow-minded actually, if that's how he truly feels. I'm 46, and prefer dating women in their 40s and 50s, but will still date ladies in their 30s or 60s if there's chemistry and mutual attraction.
 etcbl
Msg: 1223
Posted: 2/11/2009 12:40:18 PM
have never posted before and just divorced last year. I may be the rare bird but I'm mid 50's and I wouldn't even think about dating someone younger than 45.
I have a daughter-in-law that is 30. I think it is a bit weird for guys to think they want to date someone that could be the same age as their kids. Plus a relationship is more than just sex appeal. Always thought having things and interest in common are required to really enjoy yourself and have a sustainable relationship.
However, I admit I have a long ways to go because I still have the "Shallow Hal" problem of prefering physically fit and healthy. I like people to take care of themselves.
 PearlOfGreatPrice
Msg: 1224
Posted: 2/12/2009 9:11:35 AM
Hey, ET! Nothing shallow about wanting a person with the same energy levels as you. I met up with an ole boyfriend from high school days and he had no recent pics. Man, he weighed about 350! He was so out of breath climbing up the steps of the Red Rock Amphitheatre to see a concert. He had been hospitalized four times the year following our couple of dates together. What a mess! Yes, he is my friend but I want to see a future right off the bat with someone (and not sitting around the e.r.)
About the 63 yr old man that wants someone in their 30's. Ok, his preference. But giving the OP the idea that ALL men want someone 20-30 yrs their junior is ludricous. Unless he is filthy rich, I can't see many 20-30 yr old women wanting him either.
 treselle
Msg: 1225
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2009 5:51:07 PM
Addy, do you really need to disclose your age? Be an enigma, so you will not be getting kicked to the curb.
 FTWFella
Msg: 1226
Posted: 2/14/2009 6:00:09 PM
OP - the guy was out of line... he was just trying to protect his 'turf' - or what he thought might become his. He was just trying to discourage you from checking out younger guys to make it easier for himself -- dumb move if you ask me...

Date what ever age man you are attracted to when they show attraction to you.

FTWfella
 mopar123
Msg: 1227
Posted: 2/14/2009 7:59:08 PM
Imho, the person who said that is not only an insensitive jerk, but in reality is a very foolish and stupid man. That is one of the most nonsensical and arrogant statements I've ever read. He's 63, and so out of the age range of lots of people here, perhaps he should rethink his views and put HIMSELF on the other side of his stupid statement.
 northernfemalefornow
Msg: 1228
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2009 6:14:29 AM
well , coming from an older but not 'old' perspective i have found that most older men do want to date younger women but i think some of you are correct in saying he is just trying to re capture his youth... and perhaps he feels that a younger woman won't be able to tell the bull.... from the truth or at least won't call him on it and why would a younger woman want to date a much older man? My thoughts are: she only wants someone to pay her way... ...now for most of us older woman I think we want someone who will treat us with respect and who will accept us for who we are ( as we should accept them) .. but what is with these young guys ( in their 20's) trying to pick up older women????? are they looking for a mother??
 snakebite58
Msg: 1229
Posted: 2/15/2009 5:44:19 PM
As someone just turned 51, I can say most of my responses, and there' ve been quite a few are from guys in their early to mid 40s.. My long last long term lover was 8 yrs younger than me. It helps that I look young for my age, but its confidence and attitude that make the real difference. Frankly, my ideal would be someone within a yr or two of my age, but seems like the older guys are looking for younger women. One 48 yr old told me I was maybe too old for him! My beef is that older guys (50 and up) are usually coming out of long term marriages, still pining for the ex, or their home and family structure..very lonely and looking for immediate reattachment. The younger ones, say in their early 40s, are usually still dealing with kids, child support, etc. I have never yet felt unattractive or less than desirable. Its how you feel about yourself.
 kpooks
Msg: 1230
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2009 9:39:54 AM
First of all, that "gentleman"'s comments hardly made for good sex-sparking-speak. What gall, especially since he's 10 years your senior.

That said, he's assuming that HE will be the one in better health over the long haul, which may or may not be the case-! Women tend to outlive men by at least 10 years, because women know how to express their emotions more freely and healthily, whereas men tend to keep their emotions in. Women tend to be more proactive socializers too, while men tend to sink into the abyss solo...and drink. These are generalizations, of course...
 sodbusterjohn
Msg: 1231
Posted: 3/15/2009 2:58:30 PM
An interesting topic to be sure. I am just turning 56, and have a 14 year old son full time. I find in general, that being 56 and with a teenager, rules out being serious with a lot of women my age. I live on a farm, and a woman's age is of no concern, I do think about ability to move around the farm. I am fairly active, cut and split wood, hunt, fish, etc, and want someone who can do these things. Age matter little, however as it was said a few posts back, some people in their 50's act as in their 90's, and some in their 40's are the same way. I look at the person. Most women my age have grandchildren my sons age, haha.......I look for someone at least younger, mentally...
 KittenWithAQuip
Msg: 1232
Posted: 3/15/2009 3:13:10 PM
That is an idiotic bunch of nonsense! Sounds like that guy was speaking for himself. Thankfully, there are a lot of people out there who do not agree. What a jackass!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Calling all 40-60Something Males?