Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TropicalNights
Msg: 34
Plentyoffish Relationship Assessment.Page 9 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Excellent test, but, unfortuately not as accurate as is percieved.
As w so many tests there are some questions that are not totally conscise in the wording and not totally accurate because of the lack of communication of how to express these questions, ; and,,,, not least, many questions are ambiguous, in content, and ambivalent in answering.
However i found that overall, the questions and the assessement were A OK,,,,,,
Great job Markus,, youre the main man! :) M
if youd need my input on these tests and questions it is possible to find a way to add to the abstract and make it more factual ( but it will have to be more detailed,,,,,,, Im here, if you need input, no im not any Einstien,,,,,,, Im just a human being who has had the great luck of working w the public, and mostly Know myself,,,,, best to you!
I wish to thank you for you efforts, time and energy. that is soooooo Important as well! i guess it reflets the test,, lol, and once again, thank you! :) M Let it be known that You are Appreciated. !
 kasandroid
Msg: 35
Plentyoffish Relationship Assessment.
Posted: 7/7/2007 9:22:47 PM
Hey yeah I found some of the questions kind of tricky or confusing, wasn't sure about what to answer, is there some way you can take the test again? Lol even had to break out the old dictionary and look up EMULATE, so yeah how do you retake the test?

And that question about partner going out socially, well I wasn't sure what to answer cause I like to party too. I don't wanna miss out on fun or making new friends. So yeah that was confusing too.

So can we redo the test?

Oh yeah and how are we suppossed to know what our future is gonna be if we are screwed with certain doctors who couldn't give a rat's ass if you can walk or not when you are having killercramps or won't even remove a bunion so you can walk normally? Lol yeah and who leave behind adhesions after surgery-duh yeah adhesions cause pain duh. And then another doctor sticks a cortisone needle right in the adhesion, cause I guess the other doc didn't bother to tell him about the adhesion (quite the surgeon leaving adhesions behind lol).......so yeah all you are is some kind of experiment, so yeah how are people with chronic probs suppossed to know their future or be optmistic when they are getting nowhere?
LMFAO
 purplewind
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2007 10:31:41 PM
I think th etest is fascinating. I had never thought about how different relationships can be from one another. I am not sure why but it is all accurate on me till it came to the part about gifts and implied that I see them as evidence of caring. I do but I see word, gestures and actions as way more significant. Either I screwed it up or the test misreads.

I also find that if I see a male profile with the assessment available, clicking on it gives me my own and not his. I think it is broken.
 purplewind
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2007 10:35:11 PM
PS Can't we get a search/match on this. I think that if these areas match, we have a much better shot at connecting. At least we narrow the field to people who want the same things from a partner.
 JWA
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/8/2007 3:34:10 AM
I took this test knowing full well I’d not allow it to be viewed by others but kept an open mind until the results were available I found it unusual the "Food for Thought!" comments added at the end of some sections. It doesn’t appear on all aspects but if it’s included in the report viewable by others it could sent a very incorrect impression of the person about that particular aspect.

Included are “Issues you seem to Over-value” and “Issues you seem to Under-value” followed by POSSIBLE reasons for the response. Listed are the positive and negative “reasons” which are contradictory to one another. If we’re to use this sort of thing effectively how does having two explanations for one aspect of our needs become helpful? Leaving this open to another’s interpretation about us doesn’t seem to be a good idea

I’m sure the limited number of questions in this test contribute to this but it seems more confusing than beneficial if it were used as a basis in deciding whether to meet someone or not. Of course like anything else used to weed out someone this might be another tool to help if someone needs such a thing. Horoscopes, religion, physical characteristics numerous other things are already used for that but perhaps more are needed too?

It’s great POF tries to improve the experience here by such new features but I doubt in the end this will help anyone avoid or attract someone else that otherwise would have sneaked past their own filters.

Above me is a post by Mr DareYou2 which is a very good point as well------a possible thing used for discussing sometime a bit later into a relationship. His thoughts on this test are very good!
 bakada
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2007 5:02:54 AM
i want it... because am the gay why want to have fun...
 LovelyLinda33
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2007 10:44:46 AM
Hello All,
I have taken the fist big test. A little too long and repetitive I think. I see, you have revised the test, Great Idea. All in all, I have been watching the dating shows on "Channel 4" on Monday nights and it is a Blast to watch the 20's virisus the 40's all trying to gain the heart of a professional Tennis Player. And, then even better there is a show where the Professional Football Player from Buffalo NY had choosen 1 young lady to date out of 40 Women and then he was set up on another date that was CHOOSEN SCIENTIFICALLY through TESTING and this Woman was CHOOSEN OUT OF 40,000 Women and SHE WAS TO BE HIS BEST MATCH....IT was a real BLAST to see WHO he Choose and he choose the Woman from the Chemistry/ Science testing...What a fun example to see. He said, there must be something to all of this...And, this makes me OPTOMISTIC to trust in the testing and perhaps we will find success here at Fish through there testing...Good Luck Everyone...Linda
 lynn4677
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2007 4:46:24 PM
How do you RE-TAKE the test?????
I had a friend take the test for me... I wanted to re-take the test to see if the opinions of myself vs. the opinions of my girlfriend were in sync. I HAVE NOT taken the test - only she did (and it seems a large % is accurate).

THANKS FOR THE ANSWER!
 WildOnOC
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/9/2007 11:26:17 AM
I just posted my test...Are we compatible??
 bob_christoff
Msg: 47
BEACH-BOB
Posted: 7/9/2007 11:47:20 AM
HI,I'M FROM PALM BAY AND WANT SOMONE WHO IS HONEST AND ENJOYS TO HAVE A PERSON THAT THEY CAN ENJOY AS WELL AS BOTH OF WOULD AGGREE , I WANT SOMEONE WHO IS LOOKING FOR THE SAME,I HAVE BEEN A SINGLE DAD MOST OF MY LIKE AND NOW I'M ALONE IN MY HOME,THIS ISN'T WHAT I HAD PLANNED AT THIS TIME OF MY LIFE,SO I THINK THERES SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT'S NOT INTO THE BAR SCENE,HONESTY IS A MUST AND COMMON SENSE SHOULD SAY THE REST,IT'S SELF EXPLANATORY
I BELIVE A REALTIONSHIP TAKES TO PROPLE WHO ENJOY EACHOTHER,EXT,EXT,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH
 phoenix254
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2007 5:21:18 PM
Okay, I've noticed that the "sexuality" portion does show up, and not only that, but mine is wrong! I don't know why it came out the way it did, but it is completely wrong, is it possible to retake that portion?
 laspawyorick
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2007 7:37:37 AM
Surely this can`t be serious...It`s as positive as maybe
 felixa56
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/15/2007 4:20:47 AM
dont no just a bushie 51 down from nt so up to u
 felixa56
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/15/2007 4:25:40 AM
to broke to charge nt station bulls charge i left to old to run keep getting me half way up rails smile all u can do wheh they do
 blueeyedguy07
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/16/2007 7:37:36 AM
I totally agree. That preferred expressions of affection section is the complete opposite of me. That's why I refuse to add the test to my profile.
 ClaudiaTVL
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2007 11:08:26 PM
that was a very enlightening test, however it really didn't tell me much that I already didn't know about myself, just rather, reinforced what I already thought I knew and felt I needed. I am glad that I took it and would totally recommend everyone taking it, for their own benefit. It helps when you are dealing with someone and that others can understand the needs of a potential mate.

Thank you for the test. And all the work it took to compile it and the outcomes. The one thing that you left out in it though, was the responses when a person is older are a lot more pointed, because of age and learning and loss from attrition throught the course of their lives having been lived.
 montegomomof3
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2007 11:39:44 PM
im gonna give this a try and see what happends when i take the test
 nivril
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2007 7:52:49 AM
It sounds wonderful, I think it'd be cool if it appears beside the profile pick...
 purplewind
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2007 8:21:24 AM
When someone has the test on their profile and you click on it - you don't get their results, you get your own. This must be an error, right?
 enochsvision
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/23/2007 5:25:42 AM
Is there any way to retake the relationship assessment? After I read the results I realized that I could have answered a few questions more accurately.
 lynn4677
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2007 8:22:18 AM
My son decided to take MY test. So, the results that I have are about him.

How do I delete it? Then, take the test over? (I suppose I'm technically challenged!)

YingKissesYang
Msg: 68
view profile
History
FEATURE: POF Relationship Assessment Test
Posted: 8/8/2008 2:03:53 PM
ME TOO! ME TOO! Maybe the FAQ page could explain that, etc, etc...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figured out how to delete the Needs Assessment from my profile but I had wanted to take it again. This doesn't seem to be allowed and though not viewable by others, the results are still shown to me and they aren't 100% accurate... hence my wanting to dis it. Is there some way to re-take it that I'm just not seeing? Thanks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How can we retake the test? I want a better score....
 BraveAndBrazen
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/15/2016 12:25:59 PM
It looks like there has been a bug since as early as 2004 about the "Preferred Expressions of Affection" in the "Relationship Needs Assessment" test. It also looks like several people have reported that the love language/preferred expressions of affection results are the exact opposite of what they should be. I know that I answered 'much like me' to everything to do with enjoying lots of physical affection, and my results say I hate to be touched. I have read several other reports of this error. It makes the test useless, because if someone is not a touch person, I won't date them, and I would really love to know if they are a high-touch person. It looks like perhaps the coding on the test form is mapping the labels to the underlying options in reverse order for the questions relating to preferred expressions of affection, which is then recording the wrong results. You could fix this data by running an update query that substitutes the correct data (a 5 for a 1 etc...) on those questions, in addition to fixing the form labels so that it doesn't continue to store incorrect data. Alternately, although somewhat problematically for matching purposes, you could move the report results text to correspond to the opposite results on the test so it displays correctly.

Since the error has been around for 9+ years and not been corrected, I don't hold much hope you will fix it, but perhaps whichever staff person decided it wasn't a priority has moved on and you will fix it now. One can be hopeful.

Otherwise, good site.
Sincerely,
Sophia
 purplerider1200
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2016 3:12:23 PM
I remember taking this. It had me read pretty well. These tests do give an actual description, if you are brutally honest with yourself. And find someone that one can develop a mental attachment with.

And there is the rub. Getting past the introductions in order to delve into the questions asked. (part B) Part A is the most difficult and annoying. I'd be tickled if I could get beyond part A. Had I been able to do that, then I'd say "Here, read this, you can get a real handle on me if you do."

A dating coach??? Doesn't exist in my neck of the woods. I get to sit back and guess at it. It sucks, guessing. I have to rely on that, and know it isn't working.

Must be why I hated the board game, Clue.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >