Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > is it sin to be a wiccan?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 117
is it sin to be a Wiccan?Page 16 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
bon-bon......................................................
Those are Historical writtings hat Jewish scholars in Egypt did not agree what books sjould be included in the official list of Scriptures, even though a canon was being agreed upon by another group of jewish scholars in Palestine. For example, some of the Egytian scholars would allow only documents written in Hebrew or Aramic ( a Semitic language similar to Hebrew). Other Greek-speaking Jews included documents originally written in Greek (some of them from as late as the first century A.D.) These Greek writings included:

[u]Historical writings:[/u]
1 Esdras (a Greek version of Ezra in the Hebrew Bible, with some additions); Judith, Tobit, 1-4 Macabees and

[u]Poetis and prophetic writings and wisdom and tales:[/u]
Sirach (sometimes xcalled Ecclesiasticus); Wisdom of Solomon, Baruch, Letter of Jeremiah, Susanna, Prayer and the song of the three Young Men and Bel and the Dragon.

Aside form these documents, there were also additions to the Greek translation of the Hebrew book of Esther that was made in the second and first centuries B.C.. And some of the tales listed above were added to the Greek translation of Daniel.
 NittanyLion
Msg: 118
is it sin to be a Wiccan?
Posted: 7/14/2005 3:18:44 PM
Bon-Bon, I wouldn't even respond. Dei feels that it is his place to come here to "enlighten" and "save" all non-Christians. Actually, he'd like to save anyone with an original thought. That said, he actually invests "time" into people like you that he thinks he can "save," giving you quote after quote from the Bible until something "reaches" you. For the love of all that is good, just ignore him. Or laugh and shake your head. Otherwise, it's offensive.

(see what he did to me? I USED to be tolerant of other people's views... now I"m tolerant of everyone's views but his. Not only are they wildly out of whack, but they're often mean ~ see other threads for this.) Better to just turn away now and run. Fast.
 SoCal1972
Msg: 121
is it sin to be a Wiccan?
Posted: 7/16/2005 11:36:53 AM
It really depends.

The christian faith, seems to have tried to deffine what god is, and how to worship it. If the Christian faith is correct, then wiccans violate those commandments.

If however, Christianity is not correct in its deffining God (being that God is to be without limit, the act of deffinition may very well be counter productive) than pagans look more to different 'facets' of God, under different names, but still look to God.

Its like the blind men describing the elephant. One touches the leg, and says the Elephant is like a tree. One touches the trunk, and says the Elephant is like the snake. One touches the body, and says the Elephant is like the rock. All are correct, yet have very different views.
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 122
Is It Sin To Be Wiccan ?????
Posted: 7/19/2005 7:33:20 AM
Spiritual Judgement is God's domain no one else's and that is expressed through the Bible those here that try to show you what is written. Regardless of what you do it is something that is written and expressed. Barbaric is something you may have learned from your former church. It is not what is written in the Bible.
No one is in trouble wicc or enchan....there is only two ways and if you know the word sin how is it that one comes to learn it?

All the others are attempting to turn all away from sin but ultimately it is your decision.
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 123
Posted: 7/19/2005 7:42:23 AM
Now you know I am not of one religion........ I am with Christ Jesus and that is where my Faith dwellls. Sin is from the Holy Bible and not expressed freely without definition from the Bible itself.

Dei Gratia
Msg: 124
Posted: 7/19/2005 7:54:24 AM
May I ask then do you think it is a sin....Ent? For your in the Craft.
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 125
Posted: 7/19/2005 8:02:55 AM
Ah so then it is either Dark or Light. Not sin. humm then what is yours?
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 126
Posted: 7/19/2005 8:11:24 AM
That is wild, so how does one come to know which is light and which is dark?
I just wonder this for I am not familiar
 SoCal1972
Msg: 127
Posted: 7/19/2005 9:37:22 AM
Listening to ones spirit inside. Observing the effects around us. Understanding that everything is connected and part of Creation. Thinking for ones self.
 SoCal1972
Msg: 128
Posted: 7/19/2005 1:04:40 PM
Nice perspective, but seems to be a somewhat naive one.

If we are talking about human nature, few are a pure example of one or the other. I have seen good men lie, cheat, and fight, and I have seen untrustworthy men show great understanding and wisdom.

If we were to take Lottas posting style, the way he ridicules and belittles people, and apply his mindset, he would be a bad person, capable of no good act. I have seen him post some intelligent and constructive posts here however, so I know better.
 SoCal1972
Msg: 129
Posted: 7/19/2005 1:17:08 PM
All one needs to do is read your posts, take your response to the Buddist for example, to see you present both aspects. That is, of course, assuming your posts havent been deleted for trolling as they so often are.

Just pointing out, your own actions display the duality that you deny.
 fitman2005
Msg: 130
is it sin to be a wiccan?
Posted: 7/1/2006 8:48:41 PM
My reply to this would be : Of course!! Using the word of God as the authority on the matter we find in Deuteronomy 18 verses 9 thru 13 the following passage:

" When thou art come into the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observe of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee. Thou shalt be perfect with the Lord thy God."

I have met persons claiming to be of the "high Priestess" order in the Wiccan coven group. They claim to be in contact with entities which they themselves admittedly are fearful of. They also claim to cast healing spells and the like. I do not put much stock in the "good witch" "bad witch" philosophy either. God tells us that all witchcraft is an abomination in his sight!!
 fitman2005
Msg: 131
Posted: 7/3/2006 10:18:04 AM
hi- wait a minute.. I'm basing this on what God's word has to say on the subject..using this as the authority. The old testament scriptures have stood the test of time. We know this because they predict events thousands of years before they occur. Therefore we know it to be true!!

Also, I would add that being Wiccan or Taoist or Buddist or Mason or Catholic or murderer or thief or good guy or gal are not conditions that God will ultimately judge as to where we will spend our eternity. Did not a thief on the cross with Christ enter into paradise with him the same day?? Why was that? The question we should be asking isn't- "is stealing bad or a sin??" but rather, "wow!! How can God do that- allow him into Heaven with him??

God's word tell us in Romans 3:23-25 " For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God has set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

So you see, God declares us all as sinners!! Then he sends Jesus Christ to earth as a sacrafice for these sins.......but why did he have to??

It's due to the fact that we are all born in a "sinful condition" or a "spiritual death" sentence that carried over from Adam.

Romans 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men,for that all have sinned:"

Then it goes on to say speaking of Christ- verse 19 " For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."

Jesus Christ is referred to in the bible as the "last Adam, because of his role in this "sin" issue.

It tells us in chapter ten ,verse 4, that Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believeth.

Jesus Christ is the answer to the "sin" problem.. he told a religious leader of his time- John 3:3 " Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." By this, he was speaking of our inward spritual condition.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 132
satan again?
Posted: 11/3/2009 9:22:36 PM

My mother had given us a Bible when my son was born. I don't usually use it because it is one of those huge 'Family Bibles". In it I found several pages of 'things to say to a person who says...', when you are trying to bring someone to the truth..
In other words, a handy pocket reference guide on how to proselytise, which is very offensive and presumptious and just a plain asinine thing to do, and which gives Abrahamic religions a bad rap. And just whose "truth" is it?
I am happy to have found it and have found it very useful when confronted with this subject.
The subject of "is being Wiccan a sin? Yes, please do come save me.

Particularly those who believe their deeds are enough. They don't understand that faith is the ticket. Not deeds. Not need. Also when they believe that if they have a good heart it doesn't matter what they worship. A fatal error.

According to whom? Where did you get this information on what the ticket is?
Are you a prophet? Did you die, go find out what the ticket is, and come back to life to enlighten us? Or did you just hear it that book full of violence rape murder, tales of hotmscary places and such, that has been used an excuse for hatred bigotry and killing of witches/iother religions that dont believe "your way"???
So I can go kill people, commit a bunch of sins, but long as i believe in the hot scary place and the dude that nailed himself to a cross 'its all good"? Yes?

So is being Wiccan a sin? And why so darling?

WereJaguar
Msg: 133
satan again?
Posted: 11/23/2009 5:25:47 AM
It is okay to be a wiccan. Many wiccans behave better than many Christians. In Judeo-Christianity it is a sin to lust after a person who is not your spouse (no physical contact needs to have taken place).
 WereJaguar
Msg: 134
Posted: 12/11/2009 11:53:26 AM
Wicca is not of the Devil. Wicca is not evil or sinful. The Devil (Satan, Lucifer, etc.) is a Christian concept. The idea of the Devil is either non-existent or very undeveloped in Judaism. What does the Devil look like? Give me a Holy Bible verse that describes the appearance of the Devil. Christians gave the image of the pagan god Pan to the Devil. This image transfer "demonized" paganism in the eyes of Christians. After this unfair "image transfer", Christians could claim that pagans were actually worshipping the Devil!
 themadfiddler
Msg: 135
Posted: 1/20/2010 1:29:42 AM
Respectfully, miss, maybe you should read the forum sub-rules for Religion/Supernatural...I'm sure some appreciate your enthusiasm...but Proselyting is strictly off limits here as is Preaching. This is a pluralistic and ecumenical web forum and while all religions including Christianity are welcome, the sharing of opinions and beliefs are paramount. Claims of exclusivity of truth, superiority of religions or single truth of any religion are not allowed.

And for the record, most Pagan cultures did not convert because of any promise of "salvation" but of either free "gifts", food and protection and misleading promises from Rome or European Kingdoms, or threats of violence, rape, torture, death and hell. And if you believe otherwise you must have failed secondary school history.

See the FAQ and don't consider this anything but a welcome wagon from a long time resident trying to assist in settling in

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts7666528.aspx
 themadfiddler
Msg: 136
Posted: 1/20/2010 11:51:47 AM
I don't claim to be an expert, but I have amassed a good deal of knowledge on the subject after 20+ years of study on world religions, paganism, the occult and the history of Christianity and Judaism and if you'll excuse a knee-jerk reaction it "seemed" that what you were doing was what a lot of new contributors of the Christian faith do on arrival to the forums...so my apologies if you were not pulling a Ned Flanders and breaking out the "Emergency Baptismal Kit." I was not trying to condescend to you but it is rather a common thing to see around here so one gets a bit of shell shock to it.

I'm sorry you're not feeling well and hope you are better soon, let's start off on a better foot shall we
 RDtoo
Msg: 137
view profile
History
satan again?
Posted: 2/16/2010 10:38:22 PM
Dunrich, I think what the problem those people on the other site had was making a distinction between the Creator and the Creation. What it may have come down to was a matter of semantics. Christians do not like to see God in His creation because it comes to close to being animism, which some who believe this way believe inanimate obejects have a soul. In my way of thinking God could inhabit an inanimate object, as He was once viewed as a burning bush, but I do not think He does this as a permanent habitat. I don't know if this was helpful or just more confusing, but I tried.
 susan_cd
Msg: 138
Posted: 8/17/2010 8:21:31 PM

Oh yes, in witchcraft during the firt 3 levels they don't tell you that you are worshiping satan, that come in the 4th - 6th degree!

Get that little tidbit of info from your Christian zealot friends, did you?

Wiccan & satanism are completely different religions, but I'm guessing you won't be swayed & aren't interested in facts.
 susan_cd
Msg: 139
satan again?
Posted: 8/17/2010 8:24:17 PM

That is exactly what the goal is. To proselytise! To seek to convert others to our faith. It is exactly what we are charged with undertaking; the saving of souls.

Proelytise is a fancy way of saying brainwash. Gotta get those rumps in OUR pews so WE can collect their tithe,can't have them spending their $$$ on what they may want to spend it on..
 worldtraveller74
Msg: 140
satan again?
Posted: 7/9/2011 12:40:23 PM
Only following an abrahamic religion is a sin. Being pagan would be purging yourself of that sin.
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > is it sin to be a wiccan?