Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > is it sin to be a wiccan?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NittanyLion
Msg: 51
is it sin to be a wiccan?Page 3 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
Honestly. You asked a question and I thought you were sincere enough that I took what turned out to be WAY too much time to answer it, because you clearly weren't interested in what I had to say.

Lesson learned. Fool me once; shame on you. Fool me twice; shame on me. You've fooled me once. It won't be twice.
 NittanyLion
Msg: 52
is it sin to be a wiccan?
Posted: 5/29/2005 7:58:47 PM
I said
Is it a sin to be a Wiccan?
The question is unanswerable.

You said:
Nit
only because the one who decieves will not tell you.

I said:
No, that's definitely not why.

You said:
Ok if you can define that's definitely not why.
That would be great! Cuz I care for you guys I wish to understand a bit.

I said, in part:
ANYWHO... the definition of what a "sin" is depends on the particular faith that you're discussing... If you ask me, "Do Christians belive that it's a sin to be a Wiccan," I could answer that. If you asked me how other particular faiths viewed the subject, I could answer that as well.

But the question, as stated, is unanswerable, because it has no base of perspective. There have been a lot of Christians (of what denomination I don't know) weighing in here with responses from the CHRISTIAN perspective. However, they generally haven't clarified that it's from the Christian belief system, opinions have just been stated as fact.

I understand that you (and everyone else that has faith in anything) believes your belief system to be the correct one, but that's as far as you, me, or anyone else can get. BELIEF that we're right. So, I guess my point is that we ought not be so self-righteous as to impose our beliefs on others as if they were the be-all/end-all... Especially with the current tone of world and inter-faith relations, we ought to be sensitive and respectful of differences.

You said:
All I asked for was clarification, or maybe you just did not wish to give me one would have been good too you know.

I DID clarify. I clarified about EXACTLY why I said that the question was unanswerable. I apologize if that's not what you were looking for, but that's the answer to the question that you asked.

As I said before, I in no way meant offense; I imagined that you would take what I said under that premise. No hard feelings, I hope. Have a great night.
 stjames44200
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2005 8:07:33 PM
Your statement regarding the Goddess is not that far from the "secret book of john" in the Gnostic Gospels found at Nag Hammadi in Egypt. The Wiccan belief and Christian belief have more in common than either side likes to accept.

It is not a sin to be wiccan as most have said "sin" is a Christian belief. Neither is it a sin to research all you can about Christianity and the religion that it grew from. The more one reads the more one will learn. As they used to say in the X Files....The truth is out there.

I do however believe that the Goddess has shown her self in many forms throughout the ages to all peoples.
 stjames44200
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2005 8:21:52 PM
Yes that's so true, the Magdelana has a special place in my heart.
 NittanyLion
Msg: 55
Posted: 5/29/2005 8:30:04 PM
Shoot, I KNEW that I misquoted you... I should have checked. In my defense, I DID say that it was probably a misquote. My sincere apologies.

i HAVE met christians who actively practice tolerance and respect for other faiths, but they are few and far between. other than the scorn and derision that is part of the usual response, there is often a lot of defensive posturing - as if those of other faiths are a threat to their mental stability.

On a different note, I guess I'm going to stop asking you not to make broad generalizations like this. Who you've met, in the deep south, isn't necessarily indicative of the "whole group." But you don't really seem willing to consider that. No worries, though! I'll continue to form my opinion of you based on how YOU treat me; I won't attribute other wiccan's behaviors to you or to wiccan people in general. I'll hold more respect for you than that.

No offense, but I'm keeping the car.
 SoCal1972
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/30/2005 9:16:34 PM
Its not legal to have religion on a application.
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/31/2005 12:05:48 AM
Im a Christian,and I feel that its Gods job to judge,(not mine) and more importantly to love us all beyond anything we can either fathom or imagine on this earth.I would never judge anyone based on their beliefs,however as much as it is your right to believe as you do,its my right to believe there is only one God and one way into the kingdom of heaven, and thats through Jesus.All religions,(well most) are based on some beautiful,loving concepts and ideas.The main thing Ive learned from being a Christian is to love other people,beyond myself,and beyond my boundaries.I would never dislike anyone for being different in any way from myself,as I dont think that is the way of a true Christian or even what Jesus teaches us to do.I just hope that someday everyone frinds the same joy,peace fullfillment and contentment that Ive found from Loving jesus the way I do,and I will do everything I can to show people how to get there without being pushy or forcing my faith on them..God Bless all of you
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 58
Posted: 5/31/2005 12:14:22 AM
One added thought to the person who started this forum(sorry I forgot your name) If you are proud of what you believe in ,but feel the need to keep it a secret ,and are asking in a forum if its a sin,maybe this deserves a second look .My brother is Catholic as is most of my family,my sister is wiccan,Im Christian,and so is my older brother..I would never keep my faith a secret or be ashamed of it or ever second guess whether its right for me or not.Im just saying if you have so much doubt about this maybe you should delve alittle deeper before jumping head first into it.The bible does say its a sin to worship any God other than God (Jesus),but I am passing this along to you as information in a completely non judgemental way.Do what you feel is right in your heart and have a great night.Hugs, Kat
 stjames44200
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2005 3:45:15 AM
Now I agree that Sideheanwwynh is making the best comments on this thread. (Smoochiepoochies as well)

To me the Goddess can also be prepared to Mary Magdalane. She faced the same smear tactics as the Goddess
 SoCal1972
Msg: 60
Posted: 5/31/2005 11:24:03 AM
nope, just saying you find what you seek

If you expect to find persicution at every turn, the universe will comply. If you live for the burning times, they will haunt you at every corner.

Im very open about my practice, work in a concervative field, and have never, ever been the subject of religious discrimination.

And no, placing religion on a apllication is illegal, and opens the employer to a big fat lawsuit, as if you dont get the job, you can cite that as the casue. If I saw that on a app, I would be thinking, cha-ching for someone.
 SoCal1972
Msg: 61
Posted: 5/31/2005 11:35:01 AM
Well, *some* 'authorities' like to overstate the event, like stating 9 million were killed, opposed to the 40,000 (still a whole heck of a lot of people).

Oh, and I believe, for the record:

(no one was burnt in Salem. One was pressed, and the rest hung)

*giggles and runs away*
 Frivolimous
Msg: 62
Posted: 5/31/2005 2:18:44 PM
I'm so glad I live in Canada... We're not a holy democracy up here, just a regular one. There's so much diversity up here that you're actually more likely to meet a pagan than a christian.
 NittanyLion
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/1/2005 3:28:43 AM
interesting...
 WeekendHuntressKatelynn21
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/2/2005 11:40:27 PM
LOL
The definition of SIN
Missing the mark.
It is an archery term for missing the mark..

Wicca is just another religion..
they have beliefs and morals as well.
Just because they don't belive everything
the same way other religions do
it does not make it wrong.

Is it wrong to be left handed?
Some people say yes.. I say why?
Yet it is called a sin.

Is it wrong to love someone of another race?
Some say yes.. I say no..
But is it truely a sin?

Hell Adam and Eve were sinners..
Have you read their story?
Hmmm...

If God is all loving and forgiving..
Why should we have to fear sinning?
A sin is nothing more then a missed mark..
and last I heard..
Archery is purely for sport now.

Katelynn
 NittanyLion
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/4/2005 4:17:03 AM
That's a bit of a overgeneralization... if you don't for assumptions being made about you, a good place to start would be for you to not make them about others, know what I mean? I know that you may feel targeted by people who are christian, but that doesn't make all of us the enemy, or that we ALL think that:
Too bad, to Christians, that sport is everything, and that everyone must play.
Conflict never resolves itself when one side says "Gee, too bad the other side is wrong."
 NittanyLion
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/4/2005 6:58:19 AM

In a way, I am equally wrong for saying that thiers is a wrong path, for infringing on mine, but I guess I got too much of the first admendment in me.
The first amendment only prevents government from limiting your speech, not from others disagreeing with you!

Unfortunetly, for so many Christians following thier walk in peace, the loudmouths make the whole religion suffer in the court of public opinion of everyone else.

That might be true, but it seems to me that Wiccans suffer in the court of public opinion as well. Probably why it's not best to base opinions on that particular court. Not all "Fundamentalist Christians" are loudmouths, I'm sure. I really think that threads like this are great illustrations of how hate is fueled. All sides are making broad-stroke judgments about all others. It makes no sense to me.
 NittanyLion
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/4/2005 7:04:07 PM
Didn't mean to misinterpret you. Sorry
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 68
Posted: 6/5/2005 2:52:34 AM
No problem.I know this is a subject your obviously passionate about ,so its cool..I know who I am,have a strong faith in God,and everyone is entitled to have their own opinions,and beliefs.Incase you missed my stance on the subject see page 8 lol.Anyway,Have a good night and God Bless.Great thread BTW.Hugs,Kat
 raaburt
Msg: 70
Posted: 6/7/2005 11:14:32 AM
yes if heard of wiccan and witchcraft.
and yes I believe that being wiccan is bad

raaburt
 intraned
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2005 5:32:32 PM
peter if what you say is true watch out, you & your friends are playing with real low level astral crap with no knowledge of what to do in the situation. There are (to my understanding and experience) situations where souls that are not very evolved die and do not leave the earth plane they stay in the low astral levels, they attach themselves to peoples energy bodies and suck, drain, or otherwise distort that persons energy. Demonic nah just souls with unresolved issues. The trouble is people who do not know how to work with these souls and help them move on can suffer the consequences, get all caught up in their shit..Peter you said "just rmbr reality is objective and does not change according to your beliefs, your understanding may change, but reality itself is constant. Reality itself is not at all a constant! If you think that the chair is solid that is simply because you have yet to see that it isn't and you have accepted it as solid. Check out "What the Bleep do we Know" It can be rented at Blockbuster and really helps one understand this issue about " reality".
 ERTLEBERTLE
Msg: 73
Posted: 6/16/2005 12:23:25 AM
Ya the victim becomes the persecutor...great bunch human kind eh?
 ERTLEBERTLE
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/16/2005 12:45:44 AM
Was it really religious persecution?? I find that hard to believe when the Civil Liberties people in the States jump over anybody that would try that stuff..The Civil Liberties people are really down on the "Christian" community..
 viceguy2
Msg: 75
Posted: 6/19/2005 10:01:05 AM
By definition a Wiccan is breaking the 1st commandment, therefore committing sin.
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > is it sin to be a wiccan?