Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > is it sin to be a wiccan?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NittanyLion
Msg: 76
is it sin to be a wiccan?Page 4 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)

By definition a Wiccan is breaking the 1st commandment, therefore committing sin.

Umm... am I the only one who sees a flawed logic in this statement?!
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 77
is it sin to be a wiccan?
Posted: 6/20/2005 6:55:51 AM
Let no one be found among you who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft,

When Joram saw Jehu he asked, "Have you come in peace, Jehu?" "How can there be peace," Jehu replied, "as long as all the idolatry and witchcraft of your mother Jezebel abound?"

He sacrificed his sons in the Valley of Ben Hinnom, practiced sorcery, divination and witchcraft, and consulted mediums and spiritists. He did much evil provoking Him to anger.

I will destroy your witchcraft and you will no longer cast spells.

all because of the wanton lust of a harlot, alluring, the mistress of sorceries, who enslaved nations by her prostitution and peoples by her witchcraft.

idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions

I think all of the above States clearly it is a Sin??

Like I still have to ask you how can one use the word SIN? If you don't refer to The Holy Bible?

Just a Question, Does any one of you Dare to Answer that Question?

If you do, Start a New thread with that very title, Thank you.
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 78
Posted: 6/20/2005 4:19:26 PM

Like I still have to ask you how can one use the word SIN? If you don't refer to The Holy Bible?

Just a Question, Does any one of you Dare to Answer that Question?

If you do, Start a New thread with that very title, Thank you.

What?
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 79
Posted: 6/20/2005 4:24:08 PM
look up /\/\/\ turn the Page sidhe
 HARRY STOTLE
Msg: 80
Posted: 6/20/2005 11:17:34 PM
^^^ well said
 jennifer j
Msg: 81
Posted: 6/21/2005 5:35:10 AM
is it a sin to be judgemental didnt God say something about doing onto others as you would have them do onto u
 NittanyLion
Msg: 82
Posted: 6/21/2005 3:11:52 PM
Yikes...
 stjames44200
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2005 7:31:37 PM
I'm pretty sure it says in the good book that the greatest of all evils is vanity. And it is the height of vanity for one to place himself/herself and their beliefs above those of others. It is not the place of man to cast judgement of another, therefore how can one say it is a sin to be wiccan. Vanity is truely the source of the evils of this world.

I consider myself to be a gnostic christian with views that are absolutely the opposite of most of those expressed here, in fact they are more closely aligned with the wiccan beliefs. A lot of Christian's spend more time concerned about the messenger rather than the message. I believe in God and that Jesus had a message for us and it was one of tolerance and understanding, not judgement. How many times did Jesus have to say "Judge Not", but as we can clearly see, that has fallen on deaf ears. I also believe in the Goddess in her many forms from Lilith, to Isis, to Magdalene. Their message has always been the same.

I for one do not understand why wiccans even give the slightest care about it being a sin, except that one must be dilegent with respect to those that feel it is their God given right to oppress and control those different than themselves.

I thank god and the goddess that we live in a land where we can be who we are.

Peace
 neverwalkrun
Msg: 84
Posted: 6/22/2005 1:01:12 PM
Christians have'nt done that..God has through the bible..
 neverwalkrun
Msg: 85
Posted: 6/22/2005 1:40:16 PM
I disagree totally...
 neverwalkrun
Msg: 86
is it sin to be a Wiccan?
Posted: 6/22/2005 2:09:44 PM
I'm not saying your wrong. I'm saying the Bible says you are...I'm not the ultimate authority..God is, Dogma, Catma..Parrotma, Ratma, MaCatMagandi...call it what you like..the question was "is it sin to be a Wiccan". I think the bible is being talked about here not some other religions view point of Wicca...So the answer from a bible stand point is YES..
 neverwalkrun
Msg: 87
Posted: 6/22/2005 2:34:41 PM
The following is taken from "myfortress.org/manuscriptevidence.html"

neverwalkrun
Msg: 88
Posted: 6/22/2005 2:44:15 PM
The following is taken from "myfortress.org/manuscriptevidence.html"

One of the most famous objections to the Bible is that it is corrupt, edited, and unreliable and therefore cannot be trusted. Again, this statement only reveals a person's bias and/or lack of knowledge.
There are 5,500 ancient Greek manuscripts that agree 99.5%, this insures that what we have been handed down is reliable and faithful to the original inspired autographs, which were, "GOD breathed." That .5% has nothing to do with the fundamentals of our faith, but minor issues which in no way, affect Christianities unique claims and precepts.
As you can see by the graph below, in order to dismiss the Bible as, "corrupt" they must also dismiss Plato, Aristotle, Caesar, and Homer. Our copies are far superior in number and accuracy, so as you can see, they have no footing on which to stand, we might as well dismiss all of history if we deny the Bibles accuracy as we have it.

Works.......................Date Written.............Earliest Copy............# Manuscripts

Aristotle's poetics.......384-322 B.C..............1100 A.D...................49

Plato's tetralogies.......427-347 B.C..............900 A.D......................7

Herodotus.................488-428 B.C...............900 A.D.....................8

Tacitus.....................100 A.D.....................1100 A.D..................20

Thucydides................460-400 B.C...............900 A.D....................8

Homer's lliad...............800 B.C.....................400 b.c....................643

Caesar's Gallic war.......58-50 B.C..................900 A.D....................10

Livy roman history........59 B.C.-17 A.D...........900 A.D....................20

New Testament...........48-95 A.D..................200 A.D.....................5,500+

Old Testament.............1500-200 B.C.............125 B.C.....................1,000+

As you can see there are no New Testament originals available for the era of Jesus and the Apostles...Thankfully or the Roman Catholic Church would be worshipping them as well as Mary..
 neverwalkrun
Msg: 89
Posted: 6/22/2005 2:57:30 PM
Miss Wiccan "In my reasoning I beleive the Bilbe to be a book written by men to controll men, and just for the record, how do you have ANY idea what the bible say's, there still finding screw up's in the translation? Who know's maby the bible dosent really say "thou shall not suffer a witch to live" mabey it say's To kill a witch is to kill one's soul...".

All we have is the remnants of texts that survive today, read my previous post. The bible has been the most controversial book of all time..Ever wonder why?...People hate what it says, and will do anything to discredit it... and they do this because the bible accuses mankind of being evil but they do not want to hear it

(John 3:19 KJV)...that light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
 neverwalkrun
Msg: 90
Posted: 6/22/2005 3:02:47 PM
So how do you know its wrong??

(John 14:6 KJV) Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me. If you had known me, you should have known my Father also: and from henceforth you know him, and have seen him.

neverwalkrun
Msg: 91
Posted: 6/22/2005 3:43:28 PM
Your are not being honest, the evidence for the bible is available if you look without prejudice..You claim the bible is untrustworthy..based on what?? Do you actually read anything for yourself other than the Wiccan stuff??

Manuscript Evidence for the New Testament

There are more than 24,000 partial and complete manuscript copies of the New Testament.

These manuscript copies are very ancient and they are available for inspection now.

There are also some 86,000 quotations from the early church fathers and several thousand Lectionaries (church-service books containing Scripture quotations used in the early centuries of Christianity).

Bottom line: the New Testament has an overwhelming amount of evidence supporting its reliability.

The Variants in the New Testament Manuscripts Are Minimal
 neverwalkrun
Msg: 92
Posted: 6/22/2005 3:56:17 PM
(Isa 55:8 KJV) For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, says the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

They used to call Jesus "The Way" at one time...for good reason..of course its not your way

(Mat 7:14 KJV) Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads to life, and few there be that find it.

neverwalkrun
Msg: 93
Posted: 6/22/2005 4:15:41 PM
Ya I will, I believe its a fairy tale..
 stjames44200
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2005 5:05:51 PM
Wiccanenchantress why do you let them goad you into these pointless arguements. You obviously are very comfortable with your beliefs therefore you need not lower yourself or your Goddess.

You will never change them and they will never accept your Goddess and your beliefs. Through your posts you have changed from one who was at peace with her beliefs, now you are defending those very beliefs. Belive me they don't need defending and your wasting your time and energy on this. I would be hesitant to label all Christians as having the same arogant attitude of intolerance. Did not Pope John Paul II speak out and apologize for the indiscretions of the behaviour of the Church. This also included their approach to wiccans.

As for 267, it is very beautiful and grand. This is where your heart should be, not arguing with those who do not want to see. I wish I knew more about it and I will endevour to learn more.
 stjames44200
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2005 5:05:58 PM
Peace
 neverwalkrun
Msg: 96
Posted: 6/22/2005 5:15:04 PM
The truth causes all those who come against it to struggle:-

(1 Pet 2:6 KJV) Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believes on him shall not be confounded. To you who believe he is precious: but to them which are disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word,
 NittanyLion
Msg: 97
Posted: 6/25/2005 9:17:59 AM
Sweet mother.
 j_colwill
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2005 9:12:04 AM
I cannot speak for any but myself, but what is there to feel?

Being pagan does not necessarily exclude you from being Christian and vice - versa.

The French have a wonderful expression that somes it up I feel - "Il y a des bonnes, et il y a des cons". With a slight *ahem* adjustment in the traslation this can be interpreted: No matter what race, nationality or belief everyone has their own fair share of good and bad people.

Jesus saw a world in which tolerance, patience and caring were key, and his dream was that all people would lived in love, peace and harmony. The parables of the Good Samaritan and the prodigal son showed this.

His vision is shared by many peoples. Does it really matter if the beliefs are different if the goal is the same?

How people interpret the devine within is an entirely personal journey; How they wish to internalise the concept of 'God'.

God was and is, unable to show his face to his believers for one simple reason alone, our meager brains would simply not begin to understand at what we were looking.

As far I am concerned - the pagan celebrations were celebrations of life - sharing the people's joy at their existence between themselves and with their God.

It was also very important for community and relationship building, a time to heal and let go the problems of the previous season whilst gearing themselves up for the season to come.

In the world in which we live - we need more of this sort of thing.

As for the few.... Well I don't need to do anything....

I you are a Christian and you believe someone is behaving unChristianly and that person is unrepentent, you believe that God will balance the books on Judgement day.

If you are pagan - you believe that that persons negative thoughts and behaviours will generate a lot of unhappiness in their lives as the consequences of these actions come back with a vengence. No need to wait for judgement day; that person could well be creating their very own hell on earth - feel sorry for them....

Cherish everything

jonathan
 viceguy2
Msg: 100
Posted: 7/10/2005 7:20:43 AM

Did not Pope John Paul II speak out and apologize for the indiscretions of the behaviour of the Church. This also included their approach to wiccans.

I dont believe he quoted wiccans in his apologizes..however, since it appears you respect this particular Christian, you should take a glimpse at some of the letters he wrote during his papacy attacking all forms of demonology...
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > is it sin to be a wiccan?