Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > is it sin to be a wiccan?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 viceguy2
Msg: 101
is it sin to be a wiccan?Page 5 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)

I was born Pagan, I live Pagan, and like my ansesters I will die Pagan, and will be re-born Pagan.

Nonsense...its all matter of choice
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 102
is it sin to be a wiccan?
Posted: 7/12/2005 5:35:06 PM
chopperfan

The one who judges is God no one else we are proud of what Jesus has done for us and we are telling what is written in a Bible that pronounces his teachings.

Please not that anyone judges around here it is all written in the Bible. Jesus has brought it to our attention and he seeks these people to b aware that is all.

Do you mean your dad never told you what should be done around the house.....how did you know when it was time to change the water filter, set out the garbage etc.?

this was taught to you. well who teaches of one's purpose in life. you think we are just here on eatrh for what we want?
and all we want is what other people created?

Humm check please......
 NittanyLion
Msg: 103
Posted: 7/13/2005 3:24:50 AM
well said wiccanenchantress to say that wicca people are sinners how can a person not of christian faith be deemd or labelled something that is a christian thing
THANK YOU!!
chopperfan

The one who judges is God no one else we are proud of what Jesus has done for us and we are telling what is written in a Bible that pronounces his teachings.
This is a response that makes absolutely no sense. The question, rhetorical or not, was "how can a person not of christian faith be deemed or labeled something that is a Christian thing?" To simply respond with your own beliefs, "the one who judges is god..." is, in my mind, kind of disrespectful. That said, this particular poster has made it clear to me that he focuses on particular people to "help them find direction," sometimes investing months at a time to "help" them, although the "lost soul" is unaware of the "help" being offered. (No offense, but it's comes across as kinda cultish...)I only know this because after disagreeing with a post at one point, I was privately admonished for "interfering" and was told that because I was "interfering" with all of the "work" that he was doing, I had to be "extinguished." In any event, it seems apparent to me that Wiccan is being "helped" as we speak, as are you! As for me, I'm surely too far "gone."

Just all please remember that many of the supposedly "christian" posts in here are not at all reflective of the faith, particularly in reference to how other people are treated/harassed about religion.
 NittanyLion
Msg: 104
Posted: 7/13/2005 7:57:57 AM
Chopper, we agree
Enchantress, thank you, I have a lot of respect for you as well. It's a pleasure to talk about these things with you and get genuine responses. Regardless of what you say, the way you say it is always respectful and it's always a RESPONSE, not some sort of conversion.

Thanks!
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 105
Posted: 7/13/2005 12:01:21 PM
I am not telling them to stop or anything as a wiccan I just wish they would be aware what God wishes. The Word in the HOLY BIBLE is not of any - one religion it is God's Word.

Praise God for His son Jesus.
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 106
Posted: 7/13/2005 1:00:22 PM
I wouldn't join any club....

Very Nice and I have said tht time and time again.:)
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 107
Posted: 7/13/2005 1:07:42 PM
Can you define Sin wicc? the Thread speaks of Wiccan a Sin?

How did one come to define Sin dear?

Curious I am.
Rather than feeding the Trolls.....Mod's I respect!
 NittanyLion
Msg: 108
Posted: 7/13/2005 7:34:46 PM

I am not telling them to stop or anything as a wiccan I just wish they would be aware what God wishes. The Word in the HOLY BIBLE is not of any - one religion it is God's Word.
I'm not telling you to stop; I'm telling you you're wrong... WHAT?!

Dei, no one here wants you to "enlighten them." Everyone here (that you're talking to, anyway) has listened to what you have to say. Any chance you could listen to what others have to say now? ANY chance?!
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 110
is it sin to be a Wiccan?
Posted: 7/14/2005 9:58:13 AM
And would you kindly please back that up with something credible......
Then we could start another thread KJV Changed HOW?

The pagen belief's was brought down from God ever since the first mention of it in the Bible. (Wiccan beliefs are considered a sin to God. Revelations says that and so does Isa.) And those books are still in the KJV.
 ElementalAngel
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2005 9:59:38 AM
hooo boy cant believe I missed this thread.. man I gotta start coming here a little more often

*clears throat*

To be guilty of sin first means that you have to believe in Sin... now as far as I know there is no meaning to the word in the Wiccan beliefs..

we do believe in however

1) Do as you wish but do not harm anything or interfere with the free will of others
2) That whatever you do in life will come back to you times three (as to the laws of threefold/Karma)
3) abide by the laws of nature and have respect for what has been created

(if any other wiccans care to contribute to this go right ahead!)

now with that said I dont see where Sin and damnation comes in.. just becuase we share differant views does not mean that we are differant human beings we definatly have differant personalities but we have to live with each other on the face of this earth.. I have learned how to deal with the preachings of sin and damnation and even with the christians coming around to "try an save my soul" my soul is safe.. it has been for many lifetimes or I wouldnt be here today.. I have my belief.. Iwill leave you to yours
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 112
Posted: 7/14/2005 10:06:32 AM
That is all so grovie and your right that is going along the lines of the Bible but in order to be certain one needs to read the Bible to understand who created you and why you were created for he has a purpose for you and when you understand that then you'll see how well these beliefs are to what God says'

Not some religion not just someone but God who created everything. Can you hear the trees and the birds singing Holy Holy Holy the Lord is coming?
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 115
Posted: 7/14/2005 10:59:20 AM

Smoochie's read the Bible over and over again and is still a Witch, guess shes just groovy like us

Here again I see smoochie has an cathlic background that's too bad for that Bible is not of TRUTH.
please get the KJV and look into it for it contains great wisdom and truth and it has been verified throughout history as being accurate. Its historical accounts are flawlessly accurate. In fact, archaeology routinely demonstrates the accuracy of the biblical records concerning locations and events recorded in the Bible.
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 116
Posted: 7/14/2005 11:01:53 AM
bon bon Such language tells me you are not of the God's light.

Why go to this site then.......and read what ever version you wish.
http://bible.gospelcom.net/
Just trying to assist you no need to chop off my head.
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 117
Posted: 7/14/2005 11:26:36 AM
bon-bon......................................................
Those are Historical writtings hat Jewish scholars in Egypt did not agree what books sjould be included in the official list of Scriptures, even though a canon was being agreed upon by another group of jewish scholars in Palestine. For example, some of the Egytian scholars would allow only documents written in Hebrew or Aramic ( a Semitic language similar to Hebrew). Other Greek-speaking Jews included documents originally written in Greek (some of them from as late as the first century A.D.) These Greek writings included:

[u]Historical writings:[/u]
1 Esdras (a Greek version of Ezra in the Hebrew Bible, with some additions); Judith, Tobit, 1-4 Macabees and

[u]Poetis and prophetic writings and wisdom and tales:[/u]
Sirach (sometimes xcalled Ecclesiasticus); Wisdom of Solomon, Baruch, Letter of Jeremiah, Susanna, Prayer and the song of the three Young Men and Bel and the Dragon.

Aside form these documents, there were also additions to the Greek translation of the Hebrew book of Esther that was made in the second and first centuries B.C.. And some of the tales listed above were added to the Greek translation of Daniel.
 NittanyLion
Msg: 118
Posted: 7/14/2005 3:18:44 PM
Bon-Bon, I wouldn't even respond. Dei feels that it is his place to come here to "enlighten" and "save" all non-Christians. Actually, he'd like to save anyone with an original thought. That said, he actually invests "time" into people like you that he thinks he can "save," giving you quote after quote from the Bible until something "reaches" you. For the love of all that is good, just ignore him. Or laugh and shake your head. Otherwise, it's offensive.

(see what he did to me? I USED to be tolerant of other people's views... now I"m tolerant of everyone's views but his. Not only are they wildly out of whack, but they're often mean ~ see other threads for this.) Better to just turn away now and run. Fast.
 SoCal1972
Msg: 121
Posted: 7/16/2005 11:36:53 AM
It really depends.

The christian faith, seems to have tried to deffine what god is, and how to worship it. If the Christian faith is correct, then wiccans violate those commandments.

If however, Christianity is not correct in its deffining God (being that God is to be without limit, the act of deffinition may very well be counter productive) than pagans look more to different 'facets' of God, under different names, but still look to God.

Its like the blind men describing the elephant. One touches the leg, and says the Elephant is like a tree. One touches the trunk, and says the Elephant is like the snake. One touches the body, and says the Elephant is like the rock. All are correct, yet have very different views.
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 122
Is It Sin To Be Wiccan ?????
Posted: 7/19/2005 7:33:20 AM
Spiritual Judgement is God's domain no one else's and that is expressed through the Bible those here that try to show you what is written. Regardless of what you do it is something that is written and expressed. Barbaric is something you may have learned from your former church. It is not what is written in the Bible.
No one is in trouble wicc or enchan....there is only two ways and if you know the word sin how is it that one comes to learn it?

All the others are attempting to turn all away from sin but ultimately it is your decision.
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 123
Posted: 7/19/2005 7:42:23 AM
Now you know I am not of one religion........ I am with Christ Jesus and that is where my Faith dwellls. Sin is from the Holy Bible and not expressed freely without definition from the Bible itself.

Dei Gratia
Msg: 124
Posted: 7/19/2005 7:54:24 AM
May I ask then do you think it is a sin....Ent? For your in the Craft.
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 125
Posted: 7/19/2005 8:02:55 AM
Ah so then it is either Dark or Light. Not sin. humm then what is yours?
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > is it sin to be a wiccan?