Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > STD Paperwork?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OutMind
Msg: 6
STD Paperwork?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
My left hand got really p•issed off and demanted my right hand to get tested. The right hand gave the finger to the left hand and said, learn to put on a f•vking condom. And trust one one.
 BrownEyedLeo
Msg: 7
view profile
History
STD Paperwork?
Posted: 9/5/2007 8:49:22 AM
My policy is testing after the end of a sexual relationship and before the beginning on another one UNLESS there is some reason I feel I need to be tested during the relationship.
Regarding Msg 7's comments : I do get paperwork that has the date on it and says I have tested Negative for sexual diseases. If one has tested positive, it will have Positive on it. The last relationship I was in lasted four years. He and I both went and were tested before we had sex. We both shared our "Letter of Proof" with each other.As for my Doctor recieving my results, they do not even send it to him. Our local Health Dept. does STD check Ups for free. They also give a paper stating the results. However, HEP C is NOT included. You must get a Doctor's request to be tested for HEP C at the Health Dept. or get your Doctor to do it. I think more people should be tested for HEP C also as it is much easier to contact HEP C than it is AIDS. Unfortunately, as some people believe, there is no shot to protect against HEP C. There are shots to protect again other forms of Hepatitus, but not HEP C, which is also a sexually translated disease.
I am not embarrassed for someone to ask me if I have been tested. One can not be too safe in today's world with STDS. I am glad someone is showing responsibility for both our lives.
 Mae B
Msg: 8
STD Paperwork?
Posted: 9/5/2007 11:23:33 AM
My god is it the 1800's again?
I work in a medical lab and this rumour based crap kills me.

When someone presents you with their "paperwork" all it shows is at that very second the needle or swab or sample was taken, they were presenting as disease free. Anyone (in Ontario anyway) can ask for a copy of the lab results when the DR is writing out your requestion for the testing, the DR just has to note it on the form.
But do you know how to interpret the results? Some tests aren't a negative/positive result, and counselling from your DR is the best way to get results...with your copy in hand to make notes on.

The paper work proves nothing but their condition in a brief period of time.

They could have been infected at any point since then...(or within days before) and not necessarily from sexual contact.. ever wonder WHY disposable paper toilet seat covers are manufactured?

There is no 100% guarentee.

Asking for paperwork is a good idea.. to be combined with enough trust in that person that they are legitimately presenting themselves to you. Going together to a sexual health clinic is a better idea!
Just please please do not hold up the "paperwork" as the sure fire answer to reckless unprotected sex.
 Jason94303
Msg: 9
STD Paperwork?
Posted: 10/1/2007 4:41:10 PM
I can't even imagine sleeping with someone if they didn't have recent STD results. It's just too easy to contract infections, even while wearing a condom (...and even then, most people don't use condoms properly, and they rip!). Herpes is the textbook example. 1/5 of the American population has it! ... and the other STDs are not far behind...even HIV/AIDs - 1/300 Americans are infected, and 25% don't know it (according to the CDC).

I use http://sxcheck.com because not only do they make it easy to securely share results _online_(!), but you can also share your results (still securely) by text message! At this level of accessibility, there's really no excuse not to show your results, and it's also easy to show your results in order to convince others to get tested. I love it!
 OutMind
Msg: 10
STD Paperwork?
Posted: 10/1/2007 7:47:51 PM
Usually I ask my date to provide DNA testing information. I want to make sure that she is not going to have a child with three heads or something like that. Also, and usually they do have this, they provide a psychological profile just to make sure they are not wacko. Equifax report, I don't want to find myself with some woman that is going to spend all my money. IQ test, but I ignore this one since it's not really necessary if their boob job is extraordinary. Allergy certification. Make sure she is not going to sneeze over a 100 dollar bottle of wine just because she's allergic to sulfites. Of find out that she is allergic to latex, thus rendering condoms useless. But I am not obsessive. Gee. I refuse to ask for transcripts, grate point average, a letter from their boss, a recommendation from their best friend and rabies shot certificate.

OutMind
Msg: 11
STD Paperwork?
Posted: 10/1/2007 8:54:04 PM
Are you talking to me? Why am I in a dating site? Simple, I work for a department that is looking for sleeper cells trying to use dating sites to infiltrate the infrastructure of our society to concoct act of terror, devious mind bending experiments, lascivious forms of torture, mind altering communication that may persuade one person to like another and change their body chemistry so they suddenly get butterflies and giddy thought. But don't worry, we are on top, it will all be eradicated. No, I mean controlled. No, I mean in check. Damn. I just blew my cover!!!
 meowkatt2012
Msg: 12
STD Paperwork?
Posted: 10/3/2012 8:17:57 PM
WINTERRENEGADE noo sheepskin doesn't protect against HIV
U need to get non latex.
 arwen52
Msg: 13
view profile
History
STD Paperwork?
Posted: 10/7/2012 9:57:26 AM
The public health clinic where I get tested will mail you a copy but it doesn't have your name on it, only the date and that you have no sexually transmitted infections at this time. That's it. Could be anyone.
 MsKatyMae
Msg: 14
view profile
History
STD secton?
Posted: 10/21/2012 9:18:26 AM
So I am new here and have been reading through a lot of different areas and posts. Can I assume that since this is a topic in a forum that PoF does not have a section for folks who do have STD's ? Could be educational among other things.
 houstonman
Msg: 15
view profile
History
STD Paperwork?
Posted: 10/21/2012 9:52:18 AM
How dare a woman ask me if I have papers stating that I am STD free. How rude can a person get? That tops the cake.
If she were concerned and polite about asking then then WE could certainly go TOGETHER and get written results.
If she had issues with us BOTH going, then I'd drop her like a hot cake.
It is not all about her, it is about MUTUAL benefit.
PS I have never had ANY symptoms or STD but I still get tested several times annually.
 WFforDarkMate
Msg: 17
STD Paperwork?
Posted: 11/29/2012 12:31:41 PM
winterrennagade, sheepskin doesn't prevent stds. just pregnancy. rethink that one. have her use film etc
 Linda41289
Msg: 18
STD Paperwork?
Posted: 11/29/2012 1:01:47 PM
Uh...not gonna happen.
If a person asks I would be suspicious of them..
It's kind of like if someone farts you don't want to be the first one to say something or it makes u look guilty ;)
I like to think I can differentiate between "hoe's" that have diseases and ppl that don't.
That's why going for ugly guys is ideal. They've probably never been laid and are a safe bet.
 GWSmith
Msg: 19
STD Paperwork?
Posted: 11/29/2012 11:54:18 PM
I gotta show papers now? Jeesh... I got a clean bill of health last year and haven't been intimate in two if thats not enough for someone than screw them... metaphorically not literally.
 anoll64
Msg: 20
STD Paperwork?
Posted: 12/3/2012 4:36:35 PM
I'm responding to this post because I don't know how to make an original post...but I do I agree with smartblonde....sexual history and infections are often lied about. I don't want to get all medical but it is the field I work in, so this is what I want to say, there is nothing wrong with a man or woman requesting up to date STD tests. As amatter of fact I would be cautious of anyone who didn't. We have to face it, this is the world we live in and it has become necessary to take these precautions. I keep up to date test and will retest when asked it should be what is expected if you want a safe, active sex life. I beleive that future partners should go together and let their doctor know why they are doing this and the info can be easily shared between the two partners. Trust me doctors are very happy to see their patients being proactive about their health. If you can't afford a doctor's visit, a lot of clincs offer STD tests at minimal or no cost. You can also get free HIV tests at almost any gay support group or foundation, and its anonymous, you can take your partner and test at the same time.

I have seen the faces of women and men who trusted and were sorely disppointed in the misplaced trust. We are old enough to know better so lets do better.

Think about it, do you really want a penis or vagina in contact with mouth without knowing if its been exposed to something that could show up on or lips?
 alcwkat
Msg: 21
view profile
History
STD Paperwork?
Posted: 12/9/2012 6:09:06 AM
Considering >50% of women with herpes are unaware - or in denial - it's always appropriate to see labwork. And include HIV, Hep C & an RPR. Anyone who objects is ignorant and/or emotionally immature.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > STD Paperwork?