Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Sex before love      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tdh46
Msg: 2
Sex before lovePage 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Maybe they are just blinded by those pictures in your profile.....The ones you have with that JBF look. If you want guys to take your act of virtue seriously maybe you should start putting up pictures in your profile that better reflect this.

Wanting to have sex when you are ready later in life is a great thing. But those pictures in your profile is sending a very different message. You might want to look into that.

Maybe take that line out of your profile that say.....
First date.
"maybe a carnival..... You win me a prize and i am yours"

Just my opinion, but you might be sending mixed signals with the pictures and words in your profile.

angel_isthesweets
Msg: 3
Sex before love
Posted: 7/8/2007 2:29:27 PM
Ya I guess that is true. They are modeling pics but I do have face shots there too. I am of South American decent and people are not uptight about dressing skimpily there. However, that still doesn't excuse the lack of respect.
 angel_isthesweets
Msg: 4
Sex before love
Posted: 7/8/2007 2:30:40 PM
maybe a carnival..... You win me a prize and i am yours was suppose to be cute not sexual. You know, funny.
 ajiadog
Msg: 5
Sex before love
Posted: 7/8/2007 3:00:06 PM
Ya I know guys are jerks. Your pics are fine.There is no reason why a women cannot wear a bikini without gettin herrased and treatin like she is a whore. Yes the obvious is true that we are all sexual but there are limits that real respectful men obide by. Unfortuanately most men act with there penis as apposed to there brain. Don't let anyone dictate what you wear and how you choose to live your life. staying a virgin is a great and noble choice and honestly you have plenty of time for that later. Just keep in mind that any guy that can't understand that is not the right one for you.
 ajiadog
Msg: 6
Sex before love
Posted: 7/8/2007 3:47:57 PM
Why is the girl gone wild look so important. Still doesn't excuse men actin like animals. I suggest you do what you want just learn to weed those people out. Ya like I said there are alot of pervs on here so be careful.
 ajiadog
Msg: 7
Sex before love
Posted: 7/8/2007 4:18:07 PM
It seems like everyone is missing the point here. just because someone has on a bathing suite does not mean they are sex starved or using it to attract guys for sex. I am in a bathing suite in my pics and not trying for that at all regardless of what people think. for myself i am just happy with my body and the way i look and that should be good enough for people. just because some of you guys get indecent thoughts by looking at a women who is not afraid to look the way they want does not mean that, that is what they are looking for. I think you guys who say that should check yourself.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 8
Sex before love
Posted: 7/8/2007 5:31:08 PM
~OP~ Dress how you feel comfortable. I didn't see anything that screamed, "I'm here for sex only." You're beautiful, dress how you choose.

As for why your bf kissed someone else ~ because he was an idiot. It has nothing to do with you. It has to do with him. Nick Lachey waited 3 years to have sex with Jessica Simpson....I think it's possible for men to wait for something they truly find worthwhile. He did you a favor, you can move on to someone who will respect that trait in you rather than screw you over and then place blame on your moral standings. JMO
 tdh46
Msg: 10
Sex before love
Posted: 7/8/2007 6:37:03 PM
The Ops profile seems fake to me for some reason, It was made up just a few days ago and the Op is already very busy in the forums.... Not one of the OPs pictures are taken casually, they are all professionally done as if they were downloaded straight off the internet or something. The Op claims to be a "model" but i am just not seeing her on the runways of Paris, so i have to ask...What kind of model?.

Then there is the issue of her claiming to be a virgin, and even that's not adding up. I hope i am wrong but if i had to hazard a guess i would say that the Ops profile is totally fake and put here on pof to catch some guy that's attracted to 18year old "virgins". If i was a cheater living in the Ops area right now i would be very very careful about sending any e-mails the Ops way. Could be a very conniving and clever girlfriend behind that fake profile
 Double Cabin
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Sex before love
Posted: 7/8/2007 9:14:54 PM
We are not monogamous by nature and at 18 and full of testosterone why would a young man hang out in a dry dairy?

You want a virtuous man? It's not about an uptight culture, it is about what is provocative in any culture. If you want an abstainer put on some clothes. Just MHO, sorry.
 ajiadog
Msg: 12
Sex before love
Posted: 7/8/2007 11:00:45 PM
I think that the worst thing is that are guys who still condone this behavior. Maybe they are the wierdos on here and might be spending a little to much time n here.
 diamond_coach
Msg: 13
Sex before love
Posted: 7/9/2007 6:38:19 AM

...I second that notion. She's a guy! And he's having a good laugh...
 packagedealx3
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Sex before love
Posted: 7/9/2007 9:17:23 AM
Ajiadog, it is not the bikini, it is the suggestive look on her face that could be attracting the wrong type of guy. Many guys also subscribe to the notion that a woman is being coy when she says no. Consequently, you combine that little myth with the photos suggesting that she is far from innocent....

Pictures are meaningless but these profiles are advertisements. If you want to attract something in particular, you should skew your pictures, what you say, etc. toward that. You meant a comment to be cute and it is but there are a lot of guys that put a sexual spin on everything, and this is not limited to the young and ultra-horny.

If you decide to retain your profile as is, then you probably need to do a better job of screening potential dates to make sure they are clear about what you want and so you are aware of what they want. And btw, you X didn't kiss someone else because you were not having sex, he did so because he is a cheater.
 curlygrl
Msg: 15
Sex before love
Posted: 7/11/2007 6:15:25 AM
It seems like everyone is missing the point here. just because someone has on a bathing suite does not mean they are sex starved or using it to attract guys for sex.

Yeah well very nice of you to state this but for some reason when a woman here puts
up a picture like I have and the OP has- well all hell breaks loose. We are accused of the very thing you are stating that people are missing the point over. To some - and
I use that very loosely - the picture does matter. People pretty much put their
swami turban on and can pretty much predict your lifestyle, carreer choices, fidelity
in relationships and so on by one stinking picture.
OP - your pictures are beautiful - live your life with your convictions- not someone
elses. Always believe in yourself and your choices, not someone elses. Have your
own mind and dont listen to anyone- listen to yourself, it will never steer you wrong.
As far as your boyfriend kissing someone else - well, he blew it.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Sex before love
Posted: 7/12/2007 7:45:19 AM
Men will hit on anyone with a nice face, and an attractive body, and if they have slept with enough women, they can gauge a woman's body by the way her clothes hang on her body.

Every young woman just needs to be aware that most men who only want sex will chase the attractive women first, and lie to them. so you have to sift through a lot of men to find one who treats you right.
 tdh46
Msg: 17
Sex before love
Posted: 7/12/2007 8:11:45 AM
There you go again, blasting men scorpio. Will you ever stop with the all men are pigs and only after sex routine...That is all men except for the "nice guys" ?...

There really has to be a damn good reason why the "bad guys" keep getting the booty, while you just whine about it, don't you think?
 scorpiomover
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Sex before love
Posted: 7/12/2007 8:36:56 AM

There really has to be a damn good reason why the "bad guys" keep getting the booty, while you just whine about it, don't you think?
Both my brothers told me. They both lied to women that they were rich, and told lies about any guy who the girl liked to make out that he was a scumbag. Then they pushed the girl into sex. It's not hard to tell a woman that you're an airline pilot, and then ignore it when they say "no" repeatedly, especially when you're walking them home on a dark night, or they're in your car, and you drive them somewhere. She can't get out of the car if it's moving at over 30 mph, and then it's too late.

I actually agreed that OP's profile is probably fake. But are you suggesting that we all ought to say "caveat emptor", and that if a woman is taken advantage of by men, that she should know better and that it's her fault? If that's the case, then it's also men's fault when they marry gold-diggers who take all their money and kick them out of their own house. I know quite a few men who were taken in like that. Maybe you should blast those men for falling in love.

If this profile is real, then she's 18, not 38. I don't blast the 18-year-old girls because no-one thinks they are mature enough to know better. But I DO blast the 38-year-olds because they usually DO know better, and are putting on an act, to get another sucker to fall for their act.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Sex before love
Posted: 7/12/2007 11:20:46 AM

They lied to you when you were kids, and they're lying to you now.
I've met some of the women who know them, and I know when they were lying. If you know it all, then you don't need a dating site.

Women have a built in BS detector, and just because some are easy, doesn't mean you're their first choice.
Tell that to all the men with a rented BMW. Actually, why don't you just list all the women who've never been played. I read the forums and the number of women who actually say they've never been played is very few indeed.

You couldn't "blast" your way out of a wet paper bag. And a 38 year old chick would UFC your ass, and make you cry like a little b!tch as you tried to climb over the fence.
I'd like to meet the woman who can make me cry through physical violence. Considering the fact that I didn't care when my jaw broke, or when I dropped 150kg on my leg, or when I've been punched by guys twice my size and twice my strength, she'd have to win the UFC first.

Pick on someone your own size. Better still, pick on me. You're 5'9", and I'm only 5'5". You can hit me all you want, and it won't faze me. But if I even try to hit you, run. I've never had to hit someone more than once, because they were on the floor, holding themselves like a baby, when I did.
 angel_isthesweets
Msg: 20
Sex before love
Posted: 7/12/2007 2:50:18 PM
sorry to sound like a prude but i've just checked your profile and you don't look like someone who doesn't put out

What does someone who puts out look like? I didn't know there was a specific look unless you are saying that i look like a slut. I am not a slut or think that I dress like one. I see alot of other girls in bathing suites on here and I don't hear anyone calling them sluts. It's unbelievable the kind of cruel remarks I have been getting just for asking my opinion on my own values. I didn't ask to be judged by my pictures just wanted to know what people thought about not having sex till they were in love or married. Fro all those who said my profile is fake, i put a normal pic up of me and my friend. Didn't realize people really wasted there time putting up fake profiles. I wouldn't know why they would do that. Just proud of my pics and wanted to display them. Not emberassed or ashamed no matter what anyone says. Come to the conclusion from remarks that I will be what i want to be and if people don't like it than that's there problem. and as for perverts on here, i think i am learning how to weed them out.

and to be on 66 members favourite makes you sound like some sort of attention seeking player

as for that, I can't really control who's favorite list i'm on. I have never talked to over half of them and if they want me there than that's ok.
 NYC
Msg: 21
Sex before love
Posted: 7/12/2007 4:53:10 PM
You are not wrong, you are absolutely right. The one that truly loves you, will wait.
 curlygrl
Msg: 22
Sex before love
Posted: 7/13/2007 7:54:26 AM
What does someone who puts out look like? I didn't know there was a specific look unless you are saying that i look like a slut. I am not a slut or think that I dress like one. I see alot of other girls in bathing suites on here and I don't hear anyone calling them sluts.

Sweetie- dont defend yourself from people who say you "look like a slut" -these types of people needs to look in the mirror -Listen - people will say what they want and do what they want. I know its hard to ignore but really you have too.
I have been told my pictures make me look like a slut and I would never be faithful
and so on and so on. Just ignore it. Alot of hurtful people here. Its your choice
to save yourself for someone special. You are beautiful and he truly gets a prize.
Listen to BLONDBLUEYED too - she tells you the truth - ignore it.

curlygrl~
 jimgreen
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Sex before love
Posted: 7/24/2007 10:29:36 PM
Sometimes love comes out of sex first!
 Ezy_Phix
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Sex before love
Posted: 7/25/2007 1:54:36 AM
"Chocolate is great but sex won't rot your teeth!"

All joking aside you're just putting all people in the same catagory. Meaning not all people think the same and you are getting yoruself confused over that. Just because some guys you're interested in wants sex don't mean all guys do. Aaaand you're also getting yourself upset that the guys you're intersted in are not they way you want them. It's just unfortunate they are not of your taste but there will be guys the way you want if you just wait. It's just like fishing (appropiate this site name is to do with fishing) just because you drop a line in don't mean you will instantly catch the biggest fish the first time or every time.
 Mzzzy
Msg: 25
Sex before love
Posted: 7/25/2007 9:26:45 AM
This might sound kinda rude hun..but if ya wait for true love..ya might get cobwebs in that thing..get it while ya can..I say
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Sex before love