Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 moraima
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Over 45 Men, How should we dress? OK Ladies fire away!Page 2 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
"we all dress different in youth as they do now."

I only wish that people of both sexes would grow with the passing of time. Most seem to stay the old same old same old. Yuk!
 moraima
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Over 45 Men, How should we dress? OK Ladies fire away!
Posted: 7/14/2007 10:08:26 PM
"Real cowboys don't wear boots any more!

They wear pink tennis sneakers!

Just to make shure, folks don't mistake 'em, fir truck drivers. "

We are light years distance wise in this big old earth.

I suggest that everyone dress for the audience that they are dating. There are a few folks that live in areas where they are a major minority to where the rest of the people are, and just don't get it.
 moraima
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2007 6:54:19 AM
"there are many women who love the hint (the keyword here is "hint") of a hairy chest. "

Of course it depends what location you live in. Styles move more slowly into certain areas.

Twenty years ago I would have enjoyed the "hint of a hair chest. Today, the style for a man's body is more muscular and clean shaved. Today, I like that much better.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 108
Posted: 7/15/2007 7:12:17 AM
Muskoka ~~ ROFLMEO! Belts that have the word JOY written on the belt buckle I actually married a man who owned and wore such a belt. . . . It was virtually the ONLY belt available in China at the time. It took him about a year to get rid of it. I never said ONE word to him about it. . . .

*mae* flowers
Msg: 113
Posted: 7/15/2007 8:56:53 AM
...I hope you guys are taking notes, looks like most of these ladies know exactly how they want to see a men dressed....or undressed, as the case may be....this being stampede in Calgary I have seen a lot of western wear...there is just something about seeing a man in jeans and a cowboy hat that is so darn sexy, too bad its only 10 days out of the year haha.

...maeflowers
 Imagine1947
Msg: 117
Posted: 7/15/2007 4:27:19 PM
Great thread!
When I see a guy wearing socks with sandals, I think he probably doesn't want his feet viewable for some reason...a better solution would be to take better care of his feet! Duh. Deal with the athlete's foot problem, get the pedicure, etc etc. Same with facial hair...I think that some men wear it to cover up a skin problem that could probably be taken care of with a couple of visits to a dermatologist -- a much, much better idea than a hairy cover-up!
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 121
Posted: 7/15/2007 11:19:12 PM

Maeflowers, I am so with you on the jeans and cowboy hat!!! Okay, my two cents...well fitted worn jeans, nice v-neck shirt with a little chest hair showing, sports jacket.... mmmmmmmm. Or some well fitted shorts... well fitted being the key... and BLACK... god I love a man in black! And scent... some nice sexy subtle scent!!

Absolutely no socks with sandals and silky boxers.

...Now my turn to agree with what you've added...I too like sneaking a peek at the chest hair, so sexy. And when they dress in all black "ooh la la"

...maeflowers
 cdt123
Msg: 140
Posted: 7/18/2007 8:06:52 AM
For me, a clean, well dressed, well mannered, nice guy is a big turn on. Please don't over do casual. Dress appropriately for the occasion. Cologne is nice. Put in some effort. Go shopping on occasion and update. Don't get stuck in a time warp. Ask for help if you need it. Be yourself, but is dressing like a bum really the impression you want to make??? Please no more torture.:frustrated: Please dress like the woman is worth it. And better yet, dress like you're worth it ! Confucius say: " Man who dress like bum...very foolish bum." I think I speak for a majority of women. Men, you can do this.
 repartee
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2007 11:13:19 PM
Definitely no ties or polo shirts. Short, iffy

Collarless shirt, trousers, jeans okay.
 tmtravlr
Msg: 151
Posted: 7/25/2007 4:51:22 PM
Oh God, I hope that's him: Wearing a blazer, pants with creases ironed in them, a nice button down shirt. jeans okay as long as above criteria are met. In Florida where I live, the blazer would only be required when humanly possible to wear one.
Oh God I hope that's not him: Ball cap and NASCAR shirt, camoflage, short pants, sandals with grunjy feet, clothes that were unironed so they looked like they were slept in. Stupid sayings of any kind on a Tshirt. Piercings in the face that looked like fishing tackle unless you just got off a deep sea fishing boat that hit ten foot swells and hadn't had time to go to the emergency room. one last one, nix on the Trump style comb over. no hair at all would be more attractive.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 152
Posted: 7/25/2007 11:23:28 PM

jeans, cowboy boots and a white t-shirt

...uh hmmm. * as she lets her imagination run away with her*

...maeflowers
 Girlflower
Msg: 154
Posted: 7/26/2007 5:53:03 AM
Well I thought his thread was asking MEN how we ladies should dress... Duh... I like a man in a nice low riding thong... lol.... rotf!!! No really he should only be clean and comfortable... Florida a nice pair of shorts (no cutoffs) boat shoes.. and a Polo Shirt tucked in ..with a collar... Jeans if it's evening.. but alas around here the guys are in jeans, sleeveless Harley Davidson Shirts showing off the newest tattoo.. and a dew rag.. and boots.. but they too look kind of cool .. and the guys with "Bikes" do seem to get a lot of attention! As long as a man shoes he's taken the time to be clean, wear clean clothes and hides his high heels for a surprise later... it's alright by me...
 Girlflower
Msg: 155
Posted: 7/26/2007 5:57:00 AM
OOPS PS... loads of Cowboy types here!!! Just as long as they tip it at me.. and remember never to wear the hat inside... Yippee IooooooO Ky AAAA!!

Hum that reminds me there is Bluegrass tonight at Marshlanding... that's where the Ranchers go on Thursday Nights... hum it's a thought!

Girlflower
 c_deacon
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2007 9:04:21 AM
I dress how I feel and for the occasion........

I do wear "cowboy" boots often because I know their true purpose as a son of a rancher/farmer. I wear Harley boots because I like the durability of them and their looks when riding. I wear "deck" shoes often as well and seldom put socks on when wearing them.

There are times that I need to dress up for work or other activities, and I own numerous suits, sport jackets, ties, shoes, slacks, and shirts. I prefer jeans, a t-shirt, my Harley gear, and "flip flops" when around the house or water.

I would have said "thongs" but some of you would have gotten the wrong impression.........lmao......

OT.......What really determines what you can wear will be how you look in your clothes because no matter what is said........."the person will make the clothes", and if you are thin and trim, taller, and have symmetry, you can wear anything and look good and in place.

Just my opinion......
 *mandrake*
Msg: 162
Posted: 9/20/2007 9:08:14 PM
For me? I just wear a loin cloth most of the time...when I am not wearing that....I am naked! Woohoo!
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 163
Posted: 9/20/2007 9:41:33 PM

I would have said "thongs" but some of you would have gotten the wrong impression.........lmao......

... If you want to wear a thong and if you look good in a thong, who am I to argue...but wrong impression, ....let me be the judge of that....of course I'll need a pic.

...maeflowers

NatGoat
Msg: 164
Posted: 9/20/2007 9:44:45 PM
As long as I get to wear my Tie-dyed Jockstrap . .
Dress me the way you LIKE . . !!!
. . .. .. . .
 orchidtigress
Msg: 165
Posted: 9/20/2007 10:26:19 PM
Suit jacket but loose fitting, white shirt, nice pants and a great belt and pair of shoes. ..and of course a nice smile!Semi- casual look- so you appear well put together but that it did not take a lot of effort. : )

ps..and a good cologne!
 moraima
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2007 7:32:28 PM
^^^A tank top requires a good toned body.

Dressing for your body type is important.
 *mandrake*
Msg: 168
Posted: 9/22/2007 7:36:29 PM
I think nudist fits my style best!
 selfsong
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2007 12:41:25 PM
Funny, I dress the way I want because I know I am not my clothes. Sometime I look down and find myself dressed as a slob and others times with a tie and not once has it made any difference on how I feel. Most of the times I wear Polo or tee shirts shorts or jeans but I do dress up fine.

Now if someone wants to judge me by what I wear great, I love weeding out the short sighted. I know in myself that it is the PERSON I am interested in and yes on that level of attraction there needs to be some chemistry but in my heart I do not judge the outer.
 love_lorn
Msg: 171
Posted: 9/23/2007 12:50:16 PM
I dont think how you dress should be an issue....just be yourself thats what we women want..no fake men, or not for me that is..
 flowerforce
Msg: 174
Posted: 9/27/2007 12:02:31 PM
Hi Artz
For a casual date a pair of jeans and a nice shirt.
For dinner out a nice pair of slacks and a nice shirt and a sports jacket.
No sneakers or running shoes please.
For formal occasions a Tux or a suit will do.
If you are balding get rid of the comb over. If you are not balding get your hair styled properly.
I am not particular to facial hair but if you must, have it well trimmed.
Get rid of the "few extra pounds." Try weight watchers Good healthy eating . My brother lost 30 pounds and looks terrific!
If you are unsure how to dress go and talk to someone at a clothing store. Or try "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" a program about four gay men who tidy up Straight men. Or a gay friend if you have one.
I have no stories about poor dressers or unkempt men but I am not very attracted to men who do not present themselves well.
 flowerforce
Msg: 175
Posted: 9/27/2007 12:07:21 PM
Hi Artz
For a casual date a pair of jeans and a nice shirt.
For dinner out a nice pair of slacks and a nice shirt and a sports jacket.
No sneakers or running shoes please. Loafers are good.
For formal occasions a Tux or a suit will do.
If you are balding get rid of the comb over. If you are not balding get your hair styled properly.
I am not particular to facial hair but if you must, have it well trimmed.
Get rid of the "few extra pounds." Try weight watchers (good healthy eating) and exercise. My brother lost 30 pounds and looks terrific!
If you are unsure how to dress go and talk to someone at a clothing store. Take a woman friend when buying clothes. Or try "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" a program about four gay men who tidy up straight men. Or a gay friend if you have one.
I have no stories about poor dressers or unkempt men but I am not very attracted to men who do not present themselves well.
 flowerforce
Msg: 176
Posted: 9/27/2007 12:19:34 PM
Sorry for the double post
Two more things. Silk boxers-Yum
and go easy on the scent most men's scents are very strong and overpowering. If I can smell you before I hug you your scent is too strong.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >