Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fancynanci
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Over 45 Men, How should we dress? OK Ladies fire away!Page 3 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
I think a man is sexy in black...all black...black slacks, black shirt, black jacket, black shoes. Mmmmm yummy. I love that look.
 Angelnurse10
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Over 45 Men, How should we dress? OK Ladies fire away!
Posted: 10/4/2007 3:10:57 AM
Jeans and a polo shirt, or button down shirt
please don't wear the jeans cinched at the waist. ewww
jeans that are a little bit low rise and please wear a belt
 Xavery
Msg: 182
Posted: 10/4/2007 9:37:37 PM
It is always nice to meet a man who cares about his appearance. I think men should pay close attention to fashion trends. Women do! I also think it is important to dress comfortably. Black shirts and polo shirts always look nice. A black leather jacket with a white long sleeved tee underneath looks hot. Your clothes should match and your shoes should go with your attire.

Personally, I do not look the farmer look. Be careful when wearing checkered shirts.
 blondago56
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2007 8:45:21 AM
when i had 'that first date' with The Gentleman i'm dating currently, it was to meet at the Pizza place near my work(great! *gasp* i'll be rushed!) he was wearing a large White TShirt with a design on it (i was too busy looking at him. watching where i was walking so i wouldn't trip & fall),and his long gray shorts and white athletic shoes... Yum...i got to see his legs arms, and it's a wonder i ate my pizza and salad without dropping/spilling anything on myself.... (he could have been wearing a gunny-sack for all i care, i had talked with this man before, we never arranged a first-meet, it just faded, no biggie..then he called & we Both wanted to meet... ) *but a CLEAN gunny-sack would be preferred!)
 hugs53
Msg: 205
Posted: 10/9/2007 9:57:44 PM
who drresses in spandex now a day s. thats so out dated
 NatGoat
Msg: 211
Posted: 10/11/2007 9:41:13 AM
I just got a new grey suit . .
Now . . If I only had somewhere to WEAR IT . . !!!
A-h-h-h-h-h...no worries . . I still look good in my tight cut-offs . . !!! . .
 Zeanah59
Msg: 214
Posted: 10/13/2007 7:28:27 AM
For me, when a man takes me out on a date I'd wish for him to dress for whatever occasion we planned for. If it a casual dinner, then jeans and nice shirt is fine. A wedding or more formal event, then I'd hope he'd try to be dressed up in a casual suit or sports coat. In the summer, it's no big deal if he wears shorts and a tee.

My biggest complaints are.....muscle shirts, shirts with weird writing, white socks and dark pants, socks with sandals, ripped or stained clothing, dirty shoes, high top sneakers, out dated styles like skin tight jeans that looks like they have to peel them off.

I am kind of picky and I know that. I like a man who dresses with the current fashion for his age. Khakis never go out of style, they are classic. Polo shirts are also classic and will be around forever. But....I like the relaxed fit jean style, updated shirts and sweaters. A man who dresses like he did in the 70's & 80's is a real turn off for me. I have met all different kinds of men and I like the more classic, fashionable look. My daughters are even picky like me. Most women I know my age like a man who at least tries to dress to look good to meet you or to take you out. Suits are over rated accept for formal wear. A man in jeans and sport coat is a looker for me.

I met a rather handsome man and he dressed okay, but he had extreme potential to even look better. One night I told him if at anytime he wanted to update his look that I would help him. So...one day he said, "take me out and lets get my hair cut right and buy some clothes that are what you like to see me in." Well I jumped on that one! He looked great after we were done and in time he started to go out and would only buy certain clothing he knew he looked good in and that appealed to me. The only thing is, it backfired on me. Through time, he lost some weight and became even more picky about his look. I helped him and he looked so yummy! Then....other women started to see him differently...women who never gave him a second look before. They'd say how great he looked and how they liked his new look. After 4 years of being together and getting engaged, he was cheating on me with these women who thought he was not their type before I helped him "dress himself up." He sure looked good as I kicked his sorry ass going out my door and put all those new fashionable clothes on the porch for him to get out of my house.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 219
Posted: 10/13/2007 9:51:33 PM
....I have to say it again, jeans and a white shirt do for me every time.... if you care to complete the ensemble with a sports jacket and I'll be taking you out for dinner and drinks. Add a splash of Nautica or Velocity and I'll be taking those same clothes off later in the evening haha.

...maeflowers
 Zeanah59
Msg: 224
Posted: 10/15/2007 4:54:12 PM
Well Kahuna...I fell in love with him no matter what he was wearing. I was the one who loved him before his transformation that HE wanted. I suppose that was the big red flag to begin with for me. I don't feel there is anything wrong with wanting to look better by sprucing yourself up a bit. If women didn't primp and do their little beauty ritual, men would call them slobs or didn't care about themselves. I say...Tit for Tat
 t8karisk
Msg: 238
Posted: 1/12/2008 2:23:02 PM
There is absolutely nothing that gets to me more than a man in nice fitting jeans,a crisp white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up mid forearm, tucked in with a simple belt. Nice loafers or casual shoes, no sneaks. A nice watch, no neck jewelry, shirt open just slightly to leave something for the imagination.
Long briefs are a favorite because they accentuate the thighs, love male thighs, ummmmm
Keep the facial /head hair well groomed.
Last but not least, subtle sexy cologne, ummm nothing like a nice smellin' man. Will make the ladies heads turn thats for sure.
Hmmm come to think of it all my long terms have had this look on their own and carried it off very well indeed! ahhhh the memories!
 brunett27
Msg: 240
Posted: 1/12/2008 6:35:50 PM
I'd think men at this age would be less into the latest fads. That doesn't mean you would want to look totally out of style, but you also won't be keeping up with the teen agers and young college students. Anything neat, clean, and age appropiate, would probably be fine. Also keep in mind your height and weight , and the colors you look best in...
 Singlemale1962
Msg: 241
Posted: 1/12/2008 6:37:48 PM
Admittedly I love a woman in a dress. Something feminine about that. But thats just what I like
 Moonchild51
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2008 9:13:02 AM
How about just being clean? That is what I call impressive.
Definately no socks/sandals. No track pants( I don't wanna see your all before I know ya)! lol
 MacKevinized
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2008 9:28:27 AM
Dress like a doormat....

Errr. I mean find out exactly what the woman you're targeting likes and deress like that, even if it means wearing something uncomfortable. Find out what she likes to eat and smell, dye your hair the color she likes and only say stuff she wants to hear.

Find out what she hates and avoid any tendancies you may have that are like that. Talk quiet if she doesn't like loudness and talk loud if she doesn't like quiet.
If she likes to talk a lot, don't say anything except uh huh and if she's quiet, make sure every thing you say proves your non judgmental.

It's important to have her think you're caring and intutive so ask her if there's anything wrong cause she looks a little bewildered. Even if she's smiling and looks like there's nothing wrong there's something wrong with everyone so eventually she'll give it up and you can say "I'm so sorry you had to experience that!" Really practice saying that and looking hurt if she doesn't comply with some sad story.

That's how she got duped before, it'll probably work again.
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 249
Posted: 1/29/2008 1:57:22 PM
I might have to rethink the latest fashion statement I've been trying to make. I'm not sure its going to catch on from what I have read and I put so much time into it. All this time I thought women liked guys who are unique. What is more unique than sweat pants with a speedo worn on the outside and a tie died teeshirt? I must admit that I do agree that sandals with dark socks is just way too tacky thats why I wear white socks and sandals with that outfit.
 northernmiss2007
Msg: 250
Posted: 1/29/2008 2:35:29 PM
....jeans look great with a nice shirt and jacket. I like that look on a man. very sexy
 fancynanci
Msg: 251
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2008 4:45:12 PM
For me? Wear some black slacks or jeans...a black long-sleeved dress shirt, and some black shoes or boots. I can't resist a man in all black - such a yummy look!
 Miss W
Msg: 252
Posted: 2/22/2008 4:55:10 PM
I would like to add to message 277's points on hygiene and say nose hair. Gentlemen, please please please keep it trimmed. Looking at it is gross enough to gag a maggot. I will add more insights when I have time.
 rustytraveler
Msg: 255
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2008 10:51:41 PM
Sweet and clean is always best .

Don't care what they wear as long as it fits and isn't their size from 1998 on the 2008 chassis.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 257
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2008 6:17:35 AM
^^^^Perhaps you are not moving in the right circles?
I always take great care to make myself look good for the man I am to meet. Nothing wrong with that. I think men appreciate the fact that you took the time to look good just for them. Shows them you think they are worth the added effort. And when a gal sees the apprasing look in his eyes? It is all more than worth it!
 c_deacon
Msg: 259
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2008 7:49:51 AM
"Speedo's" on men over 25 are the same as women wearing "Spandex" past 30 as well.......neither gender seems to be able to pull it off well, except for the few that for some reason would look good even in "burlap"........

I will keep my "speedo's" on under my nylon swim pants or shorts when out scuba diving, and very carefully put my wet suit on without hopefully having to much attention directed towards me as I slip my pants off and wet suit on.......

Jewelry is similar to other body attire, like tattoo's, and should be done in moderation, and always have the ability to only share it when you care to. Seeing a man with jewelry from head to toe, is like seeing a woman with a belly ring that has a big belly......all it does is draw attention to specific areas for all the wrong reasons.......

I say "dress for success", and that goes for in and out of the board room......

Just my opinion.......
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 263
Posted: 2/23/2008 10:50:02 AM
...Most people are going to dress in what they feel looks good on them regardless of what others think anyhow. I've watched some of those makeover shows and when they do up-dates, most of them are back to dressing the way they were to begin with....I've used this analogy before but its like the American Idol tryouts...no amount of talking is going to convince some that they just can't carry a note. The same applys to "What to wear".

...maeflowers
 seatide
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2008 11:54:28 AM
For as long as a man is dressed in a clean and presentable attire, I really don't care what he wears, it's only superficial. But I do care that when he takes it off, his birthday suit is in an excellent condition.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >