Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 strollinbella
Msg: 317
Over 45 Men, How should we dress? OK Ladies fire away!Page 5 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
I love to see a man in a nice, well-fitting, untorn pair of jeans, along with a polo shirt or dress shirt.

By the way guys, the scent of Safeguard soap lcatches the attention of more than one lady I know, including me!

Unless you have rock hard abs and flab-free arms, please, please, please do not wear muscle shirts.

Knee socks with sandals are a real no no, as are bermuda shorts worn with socks in sandals.

Sorry guys, but I am one lady who is repulsed by the whole "beer-bellied, shirtless guy behind the wheel of a car" look.
 ~Azul Ojos~
Msg: 321
Over 45 Men, How should we dress? OK Ladies fire away!
Posted: 8/28/2008 4:10:58 PM
Tastefully please..... Linens in the summer, casual with soft leather loafers (no socks). Nice fitting jeans with a shirt for going out or t-shirt for hanging......Please no polo shirts.....they are stuffy... Don't wear socks with sandals... and please don't go on a date with tennis shoes on... Nice jacket with jeans is neat and a crew neck t-shirt... mmm sexy!

Thats what grabs my attention.
 Rosefocals
Msg: 322
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2008 1:22:30 AM
This is such a fun forum, thanks for starting it.
One of my favorite men wears socks with his sandals and I think he looks great wearing them, in fact in anything he wears: t-shirts, jeans, dockers, cargo shorts, baseball caps all look good when he wears them. How one feels about a person makes all the difference in how that person appears. On a first date, unless they are dressesd in something as glaring as a clown outfit, I would tend to ignore what they are wearing and focus on the person....and NO, ladies don't try to change them later,...
 jst62
Msg: 323
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2008 2:58:37 AM
Never Flip Flops-unless you are going to be at the waterside in some form or fashion! Smell Good-VERY IMPORTANT-clean smell or cologne doesn't matter. NO scruffy face. VIP-Check your back side in the mirror, if you have jeans on-does it look like you have a load in your britches?????Snug fit-yumm-as long as you've not got -love handle over hang and you can breathe after eating. A suit?- too interview like, I agree.(unless advance notice) Hats OFF- you can't hide it forever ! I always liked the Dockers/Chambray Shirt-just a thought. OH yes- Nice clean sneakers are acceptable as well/For a casual time.
 strollinbella
Msg: 326
Posted: 9/17/2008 3:55:44 PM
Just thought of something else. Please do not wear your ball cap backwards, unless of course you are playing ball.

Cowboy boots are good with any outfit...other than shorts of course. JMNSHO.

Flip flops are ok for casual times.

When I made the point about socks with sandals, I indicated that it was unappealing to me if this was done with shorts. I myself have been known to wear socks in sandals with casual pants.....not jeans though.
 carson72777
Msg: 327
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2008 9:44:54 PM
I wear golf shirts ,on dates and have had many complments,todays shirts are 1 colour bright,if your talking plaid well your mind or whoever is wearing them doesnt realize this is 2008,not 1978,plaid went out 30 yrs ago..lol dont forget your bellbottoms with that plaid shirt..lol but then again thats only my opinion .
 texasbaby
Msg: 329
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2008 7:53:16 AM
I got a huge laugh when I found this thread, made me remember something funny about my step-dad.
I was parked at our small town post office one morning and noticed an elderly man going in ~ he was wearing too short, loud, ugly, plaid slacks and an awful striped shirt, with suspenders. On his head was a winter hat,, the kind with ear flaps...
When I saw him, my first thought was, Good Lord, what was wrong with the woman who let him leave the house like that!
In just a short time he came out and I could see his face.. He was my Mom's husband!

Please guys, avoid outfits like this,, people will laugh at you.

tb
 rdcnorm
Msg: 332
Posted: 9/18/2008 2:47:45 PM

Please guys, avoid outfits like this,, people will laugh at you.

Do you know what I like about life and who I am,, I really don't care who laughs,,
As a guy,, I'll dress according to how I feel at the time,, and dress appropriately for any occasion,, yet there is always some one who my not like my look,, and that OK with with me,, the point is,, I never dress to impress,,
 ankkka
Msg: 333
Posted: 9/18/2008 3:06:54 PM
Well...rdcnorm...

who you try to seduce with your half/half dress up?
 rdcnorm
Msg: 334
Posted: 9/18/2008 3:14:35 PM

Well...rdcnorm...

who you try to seduce with your half/half dress up?

We talked about seduction in another forum,, I can not be seduced,, nor can I seduce a woman,, it takes a willing person of sane mind,, to fall pry{ willingly}to true art of romantic seduction.
 texasbaby
Msg: 335
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2008 4:41:41 PM
Well hon, I think my Mom still has the plaid pants,, they got no takers at the last yard sale,, so, if ya want em,, we can let them go cheap...

tb
 rdcnorm
Msg: 336
Posted: 9/18/2008 6:08:47 PM
sorry,,, the only plaid you will see on me is a nice Irish woman..
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 338
Posted: 9/18/2008 8:52:29 PM
...I whole heartedly agree with the jeans and white shirt...ooh la la

...maeflowers
 rdcnorm
Msg: 339
Posted: 9/19/2008 5:41:17 AM

...I whole heartedly agree with the jeans and white shirt...ooh la la

Hi mae,, that is my style of dress,, but with work boots,, and going camando,,

hope all is well...
 amanda46
Msg: 341
Posted: 9/19/2008 9:20:05 AM
Dress pants and a nice shirt.No big flowers on the shirts. Sandles are fine, as long as your toes nails are not covered in fungus........Ewwww.....
Some light aftershave/colonge....................
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 343
Posted: 9/21/2008 9:38:19 PM

Hi mae,, that is my style of dress,, but with work boots,, and going camando,,

hope all is well...

...Ahhh Norm, you have nothing to worry about, I think your one of those guys that can wear anything and look good.....or not wear anything...but remember, if your the slightest bit unsure, send pics and let me be the judge

...maeflowers
 rdcnorm
Msg: 348
Posted: 9/26/2008 4:13:29 AM

...Ahhh Norm, you have nothing to worry about, I think your one of those guys that can wear anything and look good.....or not wear anything...but remember, if your the slightest bit unsure, send pics and let me be the judge

Thanks mae,,,Just pictures,, I thought I'd remove from storage my old dancing cloths,, they are all made with velcro for a quick rip away,,although they are costumes,, you set the stage,, I'll bring the music..

OT.. this time of year it's the layered look,, long sleeve henley top, with two shirts, carhart jacket..
 printer2
Msg: 351
Posted: 9/28/2008 10:06:17 AM

Dress pants and a nice shirt.No big flowers on the shirts.

Ok I deleted the picture with the Hawaiian shirt. Oh damn there is another one.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 355
Posted: 9/28/2008 11:18:10 AM
When a woman starts to dress me I know I'm in trouble.

...NO......when a woman starts to "undress" you..... then your in trouble.(lol)

Funny story....we have this guy at work who always looks so put together, he looks great. One day he came to work looking a bit rumpled, mismatched and we just kinda gave him the once over....he gave us a great big smile and proudly said " I dressed myself this morning"

...maefowers
 Moonchild51
Msg: 356
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2008 11:52:35 AM
^^Cute story Miss Mae! lol
My ex was a fabulous dresser. Plaid lined hunting jacket, sloppy t-shirt, track pants, plastic sandles and white socks. He really dressed to the nines to mow the grass cuz instead of the sandles, he wore green hunting booties! lmao

OT: Any man who is wearing clean clothes, smells good and is minus the track pants when in public works for this gal!
 lilmopeep
Msg: 368
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2008 7:48:39 PM
"Oh I hope that's him!"... casual slacks, button down shirt (no tie necessary), belt (not rope, nice leather but NOT with a huge gaudy buckle!), unobtrusive socks (NOT white), and clean casual (unscuffed!!!) shoes. Maybe a nice leather jacket, and it goes without saying that ALL of the clothes coordinate and FIT properly. A nice smelling cologne to top it off.
A classic look.

"Oh I hope that's NOT him"...ill fitting, unkempt clothing of ANY kind. TOO SHORT PANTS pulled up to the ARMPITS with WHITE socks...you get the picture, and it isn't pretty!!!!!! BODY ODOR or BAD BREATH and TEETH...UGH!!! Gaudy jewelry of ANY kind, from RINGS to NECKCHAINS. Big trucker wallet chains. Biker dress (black leather vests comes to mind, with tee shirt). Anything reeking redneck or non-professional
 temarie
Msg: 371
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2008 7:37:04 PM
Levis 501
boxer's
 Sirens Call
Msg: 372
Posted: 9/30/2008 7:59:36 PM
No Socks with Mandles!!

Just can't say it enough.

If I wanted to date a German tourist, I'd go to....Venice Beach!
 Sirens Call
Msg: 373
Posted: 9/30/2008 9:50:14 PM

Nobody noticed my socks until I started wearing my pants at nipple-height.

That's not your nipple.
 OldFolkie
Msg: 374
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2008 9:58:14 PM
I used to own a suit...I think the last time I wore it was 1987. The last time I wore a tie was 1988 (required as part of my uniform). Let's just say my style is "casual". But hey, I live in California now. If someplace requires a suit and tie to enter, I'll just go down the street, thank you very much.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >