Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Lottery      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blaqquesylk
Msg: 17
LotteryPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
good for you sayalla. A place for women and children would be awesome
 BergZ
Msg: 18
Lottery
Posted: 7/10/2007 9:03:49 PM

"You need a lawyer to protect you from the financial advisor and the greed of others."

Well said Love Akitas. I heard the best thing to do with a winning lotto ticket is:
#1 Put it in a safety deposit box.
#2 Talk to a lawyer ASAP.
#3 Find a financial adviser.
#4 Form a corporation and cash the lottery ticket in the name of corporation (I don't know the exact purpose, but I think it is to protect your identity, I think it also offers some legal protection if you are sued).
 mlm_mlm_mlm
Msg: 21
Lottery
Posted: 7/19/2007 9:42:00 AM
I would take the realistic approach....

first pay off all debt if there is any debt... then buy a house as a primary residence paying cash ( this leaves me with the income I would normally pay to interest, and give me more long term than a loan... in essence I would be the lender to myself).. I mean a regualr hgouse, not some fantasy house...
in an area I want to live.

then depending if I liked my job or not.... maybe get some education/ degree and change work if that is what I felt I wanted to do...
as a million bucks just isn't enough to retire on.

Then I would make sure I had reliable transportation... ( no fantasy cars)
with anything left over.. I would put 50% in CD's... for a little extra income.
50% in stocks, mutal funds for growth and the future.

Then I would just live life... and not focus on anything but enjoying it debt free and doing what I like.

OP, trust anyone? like who do you mean? friends? hell no ! LOL... your personal finances are personal and only between you and your broker. I would not tell anyone directly, just in that I would tell them which stocks and other financial items I wished to purchase in my trade phone calls.
The less people that know, the happier you will be.
;)
 kasandroid
Msg: 24
Lottery
Posted: 7/20/2007 1:23:16 AM
I would buy everybody on this SITE DENTAL DAM.
 blaqquesylk
Msg: 25
Lottery
Posted: 7/20/2007 11:20:33 PM
Very well said deluste
 Wolfie65
Msg: 26
Lottery
Posted: 7/21/2007 10:26:23 AM
Well, having won lotteries in Nigeria, Ghana, the UK, the Netherlands as well as on MSN, I can tell you it hasn't really made too much of a difference in my life.
Which may be attributable to the fact that I haven't sent them any of the requested 'processing fees'........
 vlad dracul
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Lottery
Posted: 1/23/2016 1:56:44 PM
I know yous shermans had a lottery the other week worth one and a half billion or something but we over the pond had a lottery worth £66 million.

Now there were two winners of said lottery. A Scottish couple from the borders won £33 million but no one came forward to claim the other £33 million.

So it was said that the other ticket was bought in Worcester down in englandshire. Still no one came forward. Until today......

"A woman has come forward to claim the £33m National Lottery jackpot - but said the ticket had been washed in a pair of jeans.
The unnamed woman went to a newsagent in Worcester with the ticket bearing the winning numbers, but the date and barcode are illegible, Natu Patel, who runs Ambleside News in Warndon said.

Camelot confirmed on Friday the winning ticket was bought in Worcester.

Newsagent Mr Patel said the woman was convinced hers was the winning ticket and was "rather nervous and frightened".
"She said to me it had been through the wash," he told BBC News.
"It was in a washed condition and so, of course, in a slightly poor state.
"But I think if Camelot have the ability to be able to break it down and check it, they'll do what they have to do."

Mr Patel said the only visible date was 2016 and the serial number and barcode had faded.
"We secured it on card and put it in a bag and I asked her to send it to Camelot as they requested," he added.

The ticket had the winning numbers 26, 27, 46, 47, 52 and 58.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-35391419

Hope she gets the cash though.
 komodo
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Lottery
Posted: 2/13/2016 7:09:07 AM
I never worry about a lottery win. As the odds of that happening are slim to none.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 29
Lottery
Posted: 2/13/2016 7:15:25 PM
blaqquesylk- I'm a realist, mostly practical in thinking, so after the initial joy and shock, having that kind of money would scare me a bit.
So, after claiming the prize, I would NOT allow photos to be taken of me, nor would I give permission to share my name and say that I won.
I would hire a good attorney and keep them on retainer, considering the sue happy world we live in.
Next, I would only tell those closest to me and NO one else.
What would I do with it?
Pay off all my debt, help my children and other family and close friends, set aside money for my grand children's education, buy a nice car, a house on the water, travel, pursue my dream of flipping houses/invest in real estate and donate a LOT to charity. Namely The American cancer society, the salvation army, and charities that help the homeless, the hungry, domestic violence survivors and veterans.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 30
Lottery
Posted: 2/15/2016 9:35:29 AM
They might be "happy" for a few weeks or months..then most likely would regress back to their usual or "normal " level of (un) happiness.

If one is a sad sack, winning the lottery is unlikely to make every day full of sunshine. .
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 31
Lottery
Posted: 2/15/2016 9:40:43 AM
The fine print, legal stuff on MOST lotteries REQUIRES that you submit to the publicity, publication of your name..eyc. typically one CANNOT collect in a "nominee " name such as a corporation or trust.

People have tried, unsuccessfully.

You really think the Lottery Corp. Is not going to maximize publicity?

to goad millions more to plunk down $$ hundreds of millions for their one in a billion chance?. Or whatever the very long odds. .
 gtomustang
Msg: 32
Lottery
Posted: 2/15/2016 10:12:47 AM
Some poll figured out that if one made more than $62,000 and some change per annum, they couldn't buy happiness. That was enough to cover the basics in life, and some luxuries to sweeten things up. After that, you started getting problems with money, indecision from the number of choices you could now afford, etc. A large factor, tho, is your state of mind. For example, I was able to retire early and many said I would be bored and looking for something to do. but I have hobbies and interests, so now I have the time for them. there are some times I do sit around, that could either be labeled boredom or "recharging the soul batteries". But I can understand how some people would be like Ben in the movie "The Intern" and have to be around people and have a purpose.

At the risk of being a snob, I've seen people who were ruined by a windfall (named from a colonial agreement that if a kingswood fell due to wind, the propertyowner didn't have to turn it over to the king to be used as a ship mast), b/c they never really grew up thinking like a wealthy person. the money just burned a hole in their pocket. they spent it, to spend it. retail therapy, writ large.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Lottery