Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ingridtu
Msg: 94
Why do women include pics of pets?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Wow, I just joined in on this "Cannine Caper" bit. Why all the protesting over a male's shattered Ego. I thought this was the 21st Century..ingridtu
 ingridtu
Msg: 95
Why do women include pics of pets?
Posted: 6/3/2005 9:35:10 PM
Another verse in the book: "What men don't know won't hurt them." by S. Weltime.

MMMMMMM ingritu
 Nicole11
Msg: 96
Posted: 6/3/2005 9:44:46 PM
I have pets but people were complaining that I had too many soccer pics. I love my soccer. There is nothing like kicking butt in soccer. I hold it dear to my heart. Its like my pet poodle. So when I absolutely had to update and put up pics it was painstaking.
Nikki

tim49250
Msg: 97
Posted: 6/4/2005 9:18:44 AM
I know what you mean, I have pictures that I've had a little trouble with and it really is worth it to have them posted so you can send them to your friends. I think it's cool that you don't mind saying that you think a lot of men, even if perhaps you think of these guys as pets. Most of the time we just appreciate being noticed by you gals and petted, of course.
 smilincaligal198
Msg: 98
Posted: 6/7/2005 12:54:53 AM
cause hes by baby. why do guys put pictures of cars in theirs lmao
 TriniSteeldrum
Msg: 99
Posted: 9/20/2018 7:54:06 AM
Amen! On everything, especially about the defensive tone. Part of that, I think, is that social media has coarsened many of us.
I found a lot of the answers here to be dishonest. Also, I do see it as a bit of a red flag. I've noticed a link between the anthropomorphizing and overt "nurturing" of animals and some serious personality disorders. (Watch how many people will interpret that as, "if you love animals, you're crazy," which is not at all what I'm saying.)
That you have pets and love them is fine, but I'm not interested in marrying or dating them.
I also find it troubling that while so many women lead with complaints about men and what the DON'T want, a man gets skewered for asking a simple question.
As far as posting pics of your kids, I just find that unwise. I just need to know that you have children and they are part of the deal. If I care what they look like, I'm probably a guy you shouldn't let into your world.
Just my opinion. We're all just trying to wade our way through this.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2018 8:26:15 AM
a pic [one] of YOU with your pet is fine if you have several others. your dog for your main pic is out! if your dog is the center of your world, by all means state that but not many will date YOU because they like your dog. don't date pets or kids and every pic being a group photo makes me wonder if I have to sleep with all of them.
 siisaa
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2018 10:43:04 AM
Because they want to. I've seen it in men's profiles too. If it bothers you so much, bypass their profiles. Keep it simple, stupid.
 ksuser
Msg: 102
Posted: 9/20/2018 8:25:27 PM
"Why do women include pics of pets"

Why not?
Has anyone seen the pic of the man in the hospital with his big horse size dog in the bed with him. Wooo, so romantic. Listen I have no idea, but I've seen allot of other things that had me wondering as well. Like the big deer with the gun shot to the head. Or the creepy man who is holding a child on his lap, with a big smile. I see so many men who smile, and it's very unnatural looking. I wonder why?
I guess cause we can, and some really like to include things that are important to them. So, do what you want. You bet someone will have something to say about it.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2018 8:01:00 AM

Because they want to. I've seen it in men's profiles too. If it bothers you so much, bypass their profiles. Keep it simple, stupid.
a pic 'with' their pet can mean anything from they have a pet to their pet is their life. a pet lover should express that. my comments are for multiple pics of 'just' the pet. I see plenty of profiles without ever showing themselves and when scrolling threw and the main pic is their dog, I do just bypass. we all have hobbies and interests and if it is a huge part of your life, show it but pets, kids, deer heads and cars should be secondary and YOU should be primary.
 siisaa
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2018 10:06:48 AM

we all have hobbies and interests and if it is a huge part of your life, show it but pets, kids, deer heads and cars should be secondary and YOU should be primary.

Ideally, yes, we should all be primary before a person's hobbies but we have to earn that place in a person's life, and vice versa.

Re: online dating, some guy I've only met a few times is not going to come before my beloved hobbies or pets. If we continue dating and become a long-term couple, then their place in my life would be prioritized. A person's children will always come first, and if they did put me before their children and we're only just dating, I'd question their parenting and judgment.

You cannot expect to the primary when you're practically strangers, which is the case when browsing profiles and even if you do go on a first meet.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2018 10:21:48 AM
primary/secondary in your profile, not your life. while all those things may be important, they have very little to do with the first date. more so as dating continues. sure, it is important when seeking a LTR but the person has to be who you fall in love with and them liking your dog should be secondary.
 hemingway234
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2018 5:21:37 AM
Wait a minute, I think I have a hairball!!
 oldwxman
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2018 5:26:08 AM
Dissenting opinion:

I have my Tiny Kitty front and center. I believe the mythology that says cat people and dog people can't get along. Heaven help the cat guy who pairs up with a girl and her canary! Seriously though, certain pets attract certain turns of mind.
 curvylady1965
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2018 8:02:40 AM
I have a cat, dogs, birds and a rabbit under one roof. Somehow, everyone gets along.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2018 8:21:25 AM
"I have my Tiny Kitty front and center." but you are still in the pic!
 ssm508
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2018 8:46:41 AM
I think the primary picture should just include that person. I don't care if the secondary pictures have pets.
 hemingway234
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 5:07:15 AM
Hereeeeeee kity-kity-kity-kity-kity-kity-kity-kity-kity-kity-kity-kity-kity-kity-kity-kity-kity-kity-kity-kity-kity!

That was my cat-call!
 captainkitty1
Msg: 112
Posted: 9/24/2018 5:50:01 AM
I would rather see a picture of a guy with his cat or dog, than a bunch of bathroom mirror or car selfies. Keep posting the pet pics every one :)
 Seahorse_Jockey
Msg: 113
Posted: 9/24/2018 6:13:57 AM
Someone posting pictures with their pet(s) or having separate pictures of their pet(s) will help to weed out people who are anti-pet, or people who don't like a specific type of animal, and the people who have allergies to animal fur..
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 3:54:08 PM
My kittens are beautiful. I would rather look at them than most 2 legged animals.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >