Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Brutus_Maximus
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Real Reason To Why Women Dont Date Very Tall Men?Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
ehh? never heard that one ! have had opposite1
ohh that god you are a 6ft er, least if we date i can wear my heels!

& some said that with tall/big men they feel "safe"
 Strider886
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Real Reason To Why Women Dont Date Very Tall Men?
Posted: 4/6/2011 5:21:05 AM
Very strange thread, I would have said it's the opposite way around now......

Does this suggest an amount of social/media influence in who we want to date?
 Marmite baby
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2011 12:25:08 PM
OK As a fifty year old woman I wouldn't look at your profile usually. but the friends would really put me off. Decades ago I would have thought I could stay friends, coped with an open relationship, but learnt the hard way that I can't. Perhaps young women have more sense now! You come across as v eligible and a challenge.Great marketing untill YOU get burnt.
 PrincessLina
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2011 2:30:58 PM
im also 5ft 2 and the tallest guy i dated was 6ft 4.. frankly I love a man taller than me;)
 Krustybird
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2011 12:04:39 AM
Harrumphh because all the tall men passed me by . My partner is 5 foot 9, I'm 6 foot in my bare feet (although at my last hospital visit the nurse managed to add an inch and a half?).

I've rarely if ever been out with a man taller than myself and never been out with anyone who could top me when I was in my heels.

So perhaps the question could be turned around to why do tall men overlook taller women?
 ObjectStupidity
Msg: 123
Posted: 4/22/2011 3:50:56 PM
Never had a gal turn me down due to me height...
Although i do draw the line at little dumpy gals...no point standing her on a milk crate if i cant get me arms round here
 oct791
Msg: 124
Posted: 4/27/2011 4:28:51 AM
I'm 5'2 and I prefer tall men, about a foot taller then me. My dates are usually 5'10 to 6'2, 6'2 being just right for me.

10 years ago, I dated someone who was 6.11 (2.10m) yes, I came up to barely above his belly. We dated for about 2 years.

Yesterday, by chance I met someone who is 6.10. We had met online and had hit it off before I realized how tall he was. He had sent a picture called 7feetofsexy, and I was like, OMG, you're that tall! But did I say um, cancel the date? NO. We met, we hit it off, we're seeing each other again.

Do we look silly? hahaha yes. But is he fun, intelligent and great in bed? yes, yes and I dont know yet, but everyone's just rightwhen you're horizontal LOL

what are the chances that I'd end up with two very tall men? well , aside from my obvious charm and wit, I dont know. It's not something I plan or look for, it happens. Will it work, well, who knows? meanwhile, i'll enjoy the company and wont have to worry about getting lost at the mall or grocery as I'll know where he is every minute looking over the aisles LOL.
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2013 1:58:51 PM
Brick Navi. . 4. . How vulgar. . .
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2013 7:07:42 AM
My date last night was apparently 5'7" hmm. But it didn't matter as I ended up having a great time, no point in being tall if you don't have anything else going for you!
 scareymush
Msg: 132
Posted: 7/29/2013 7:41:46 AM

Brick Navi. . 4. . How vulgar.

I found her post very enlightening...I've often wondered what it must be like, I'd need to meet a man over 6'10" to understand though.

Where I live there is a fair amount of very tall men particularly 18 year olds and those in their twenties - they grow them very tall over here all of a sudden - it's almost like living in the land of the giants. Although they are tall they are still in proportion as in they don't have overly long limbs or look awkward and too lanky.

my son is 6'5" and certainly has a lot going for him and yes it's true, he has lots of girls chasing after him.
 Lorri55
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2013 12:01:55 PM
The men in my family are all pretty tall....my 6 foot 4 son has had two tiny wee girlfriends, it hasn't been too much of a problem for him
Mind you his second cousin, all 6 foot 10 of him, can find life a bit difficult at times, the comments he gets from complete strangers!
My niece is 6 feet tall......got herself a 6 foot 4 husband....we are keeping a beady eye on her 3 daughters!!!
Me? at 5 foot 6 or 7 (depends on who measures me) , I prefer a taller man :-)
 bmore_goat
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2013 2:38:20 PM
I actually had a couple of women tell me I'm too tall for them. I'm 6'6 and when I went on a couple of dates awhile back, there were women that said they didn't believe I was really that tall (why would I lie about being 6'6, maybe if I were 5'10 and fudge the inches to be 6')
But these women are the exception and not the rule. Dated one woman that was an even 5 foot. Current GF is 5'2.
For the record, I don't actively seek out shorter women. These women had always approached me first.
 house_full_of_bullets
Msg: 137
Posted: 8/1/2013 4:25:24 PM

I am 4'10" and really dislike dating anyone under 5' 11.

In my experience shorter men are hard work, I do believe short man syndrome exists.

I'm "only 5'11" " and I certainly don't have short man syndrome - and neither does anyone who is my height. On the whole, I'd say I'm pretty comfortable with my stature. Must be the men in your area.
 house_full_of_bullets
Msg: 146
Posted: 8/4/2013 5:35:40 AM
^^^The question is "why". At 5'3" why do you choose someone that much taller than you? (Not that 7 inches is a huge amount) But in this thread it seems the shorter the woman is, the taller her mate needs to be. For women a little taller - say 5'6" and above, it's not as much of a concern. As long as their mate is taller by a couple of inches, they're fine with it. Odd.
 malinhead
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2013 7:33:57 PM
I always thought that women didn't want to date SHORT men??
 malinhead
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2013 7:36:10 PM
Just maybe it's all those piercings you have??
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2013 2:09:10 AM

I always thought that women didn't want to date SHORT men??

We don't want no short d1ck men
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2013 1:37:43 AM

.now here I am engaged to a guy who is 5ft8 :D
(...and yes Rose and Notts,you can both be bridesmaids.

Aw congratulations Pops! Nice to hear some good news for a change. When is the big day?

You really wouldn't want me as a bridesmaid though, I'd get drunk and try and shag the best man.
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2013 7:38:36 AM

Thanky you Rose! :D It's next year in St Lucia.It's ok to shxg the best man,he's hotter than a sack full of chillies (but obviously not as hot as my intended) though I suspect Notts might like the look of him too and fancy a shxg haha!!!

ST Lucia sounds amazing!!! So does the best man ;)
 bmore_goat
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2013 11:35:01 PM

All women, may i stress again .....All women adore tall men and i have never known a women not go out with a bloke for being too tall

Not true, when on a date with one woman, she broke it off and said I was too tall.

I'm 5'11" and love tall men but they always seem to prefer short(ish) women.

I would love to find a tall man to date, unfortunately they all seem to want short women lol

Not entirely true. However it seems the shorter women actively pursue me.
One GF was only 5'0 and when we first met at a nightclub, she was buying me drinks.

Current GF is 5'2 and she walked up and introduced herself to me at a party.
 daver987654
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2013 1:42:55 AM
Was that following JV's advice?
 CharlotteFlake
Msg: 177
Posted: 11/7/2013 2:12:03 PM
Are you kidding me? Really tall guys are such a turn on!
 scareymush
Msg: 181
Posted: 11/21/2013 9:10:14 PM
^^^^you might not want to read this but I think you're current avatar makes you look kind of horrible..you should change it to a better image.

I'm with pollygraf..I prefer men who are short-ish....I'm not impressed by height at all in a sexual attractiveness sense...I much prefer men to be my height, I like being on an equal footing with them and genuinely find men who are my height and build plus dark haired and blue-eyed very very attractive....I wouldn't deliberately find a fair haired man attractive and I wouldn't find a man shorter than me attractive either and I definitely don't find men who are too tall or too big attractive also...but I'm 5'10" so I must desire a man who is between my height and maybe 6' 2" to make me feel at ease....and apparently that is tall?
 ObjectStupidity
Msg: 188
Posted: 11/22/2013 1:41:11 PM
Never had a problem dating the ladies..an im 6ft 4.....

If some Doris has a problem with us tall blokes then its her tough luck....let her stick with the Jimmy Krankie lookalikes!
 Jo van
Msg: 189
Posted: 11/24/2013 2:47:46 AM
Maybe they just got sick of hearing the "while you're down there" requests...?
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >