Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 -morticia-
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Pet's NamesPage 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
hmmm, had fish called Othello and Bobby as they were black moors...
Currently got two dogs, one called Parker after the Thunderbirds character as the accent would quite suit him mu'Lady, and another called Marni after the Hitchcock film (or my fave brand of shoes... depending on what day it is )

-M-
 Miss Leesa
Msg: 20
Pet's Names
Posted: 7/12/2007 12:10:47 PM
I have a Jack/ Corgi mix named Buddy, I have had a cat named Snickers, a Newfy named Kara, a Hamster named Xenia, another dog named Lai and so on... I grew up on a farm and we had many animals as I grew up but now I just have my Buddy who is a rescued pooch, whom I adore.
 Nienna Telrunya
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Pet's Names
Posted: 7/12/2007 1:12:12 PM
I had 3 dogs called Tigger, (a grey lurcher named by mum) Dane, (king charles spaniel original owners called him Captain, or tain for short, so we changed it a lil bit), and Bonnie (a Collie named by my then 6 yr old bro) but all sadly departed now.

Im getting a kitten in a few weeks, and im thinking of either Falan, (which means Hunter in Sindarin, ) or Lavan which means Animal. We think its a female, and shes black. Any ideas guys??
 bootielicious
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Pet's Names
Posted: 7/12/2007 2:39:48 PM
I had a bit of an obsession with goldfish when I was a teenager and had 8. I didn't know what to call them all and since they all looked the same I called them... 1t, 2t, 3t, 4t, 5t, 6t, 7t & 8t. Now I have 2 cats. It was only supposed to be 1 but my son fell in love with a different one to me so we got both. He called his 'Hearty' because he said it would break his heart if he couldn't have it. (Hard to resist coming from a 3 year old) and mine is called 'Tibby' as we got her from Tibberton rescue centre. They're both 11 now and still as loveable as ever
 tiggerthetrigger
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Pet's Names
Posted: 7/16/2007 7:38:17 AM
i got a sprocker spaniel called bailey cos his patches are the colour of baileys irish cream and a six month old cat called loki and he really lives up to his name (the god of mischief) also had a springer called millie and another cat called definatley delicious but she was called d d for short used to have 2 goldfish called puddles and splosh many years ago i had couple of ferrets called musky and stinker as you can tell i am an animal lover and the list goes on but i wont bore you with any more lol
 Leigh AKA PL
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Pet's Names
Posted: 7/16/2007 7:53:28 AM

I have a small, jealous, female tabby whom I call...CAT!

original I suppose lol lol

as a child I had a Tebetian Lassarapso called Tarim,he was a beauty

I now have a 12 week old ginger tom called Toffee,awwww
 Bluespike
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Pet's Names
Posted: 8/24/2007 8:51:09 AM
I have a cat called Spike, A plastic crocodile called Clive and a bishop called .. erm Bishop??

I had a pet spider called Wilf once. He used to run across the floor every night at 10pm then back again at ten past 10. I went on Hoiday one summer and left him in the so called capable hands of my daughter (who cant stand creepy crawlies) I returned home a week later to find an upside down saucepan in the middle of the floor with the sunshine blasting through the window. Needless to say, he didn't run any more ...

This was my first and last pet spider :(
 Get Ur Dun
Msg: 47
Pet's Names
Posted: 8/24/2007 9:48:11 AM
I have 4 horses..... Brandy, Duke, Paint, Storm (he's the one i'm breaking right now, crazy)
In my Family we have 4 Dogs-> Raskal(little shit), Tasha (puppy... just got her and she's not house broke very good yet grrrrr....), Kokanee (she's the **** of the house, hates other dogs....) , Fetch (My brother just got this dog and that is all he knows to do Fetch, he does it all day and gets mad at you if you don't through for him)
One Cat her name is Mystic (crazy cat... steals my pillow evernight and attacks me If I try to get it back,,, I call her Beast!! )

By The way, I live on a farm!!
 pantsonfire
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Pet's Names
Posted: 8/25/2007 1:22:12 AM
Right now I'm down to just 1 German shepherd called Hrólfr (pronounced Rolf) Kinda named after Rolf Harris but it also means famed wolf in German so it worked on both the intellectual level and the typical dumbass name level..
Then there's Missey Hissey our snake, she's a sweetie..

Have had ..
Schnapps, A GSD
Bonnie and Clyde, cats
Peaches, Pebbles, Poppy, Ruby, Minuet, Roxanne, Herbert and a few others, all rats
Bella and Fizz, white rabbits
Twix and Smartie, spotty rabbits
Bloo, a lobster
Chunks, a land crab
Squidge and her minions, about 27 mice lol..
and Engelbert Humperdink a weenie likkle goldfish ..
 London Lass 59
Msg: 56
Pet's Names
Posted: 8/25/2007 2:17:06 PM
I used to have two cats, sadly they have both passed away. They were both long haired tabbies. One was called Charlie, the other I named Ozzie. I had been watching the "Osbournes" on tv one night, and was always hearing Ozzie shouting "Sharon, I can't find the f-ing cat" My cat was always going missing, so it seemed the perfect name to give him!
 dinky41875
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Pet's Names
Posted: 8/26/2007 4:15:41 AM
my cats called pixie,,,,,,,,,half siemees half mut,lol, but shes so cute,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
previous names was mojo 4 my goldfish sam for my old dog which funny i ended up calling my child,
 pantsonfire
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Pet's Names
Posted: 10/27/2007 6:17:12 AM
Just bought 3 tarantulas...
A Chile Beautiful called Spudz
A Chile Rose called Spunky and
A Pink Zebra called Mashed

LOL That's what happens when you leave the naming to your kids...
 sassy_1974
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Pet's Names
Posted: 10/27/2007 8:47:06 AM
Two cats-Precious and Nessy. One german shepherd called Woody and a cavalier king charles pup called Daisy.
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Pet's Names
Posted: 6/17/2013 4:51:29 PM
I would call a cat Mrs. Danvers, should I ever have one which is not pre named. . . If a bloke called me by an animal name or a colour, i would have to steer him in the direction of love and respect. . . . Or overboard if he thought I was wrong!
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Pet's Names
Posted: 6/18/2013 9:25:09 AM
^^^ no danger of forgetting names there mysti hahaha :O)
 fleursky
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Pet's Names
Posted: 6/18/2013 11:25:52 AM
I have only two cats now called Bella & Sky (mother & daughter).
 DanceFiendStrapS
Msg: 114
Pet's Names
Posted: 7/6/2013 11:58:04 PM
I would love to have a Boxer dog and call him Reginald Barkington the III :D
 doc50
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Pet's Names
Posted: 7/11/2013 5:20:05 PM
i have a corn snake called dave after a so called friend off here, suprized there are no cooking fats or was ours unique?
 Jo van
Msg: 118
Pet's Names
Posted: 8/25/2013 3:24:40 AM
^^^ Strangely, I had a friend (now deceased, in 2008) who also had a "rescue rottweiler" called Rocky, I think that most of them have "hard-sounding" names like that.
His lodger, a nice woman, came home with an Indian meal, while he was out, and Rocky decided it was for him, so he almost gnawed the woman's breast off, she was lucky to survive, the dog weighed about 14 stone.
It was put down.
The woman sadly took her own life, just a couple of years ago.
There's a nice happy story for a sunday morning.

OT
I have no pets now, believing it to be a bourgoise decadence to be feeding a pet because it amuses you, while half the human population starves. But it's JMO

I had a newt called Monty when I was 10.
I don't think anyone's ever been killed by a newt.
 Jo van
Msg: 122
Pet's Names
Posted: 8/26/2013 4:12:10 AM

he would have to have a short one though... ive only got small hands.

My name is Jo, and I've got a short one,
and I like a woman with small hands.
So win/win there.

ObjectStupidity
Msg: 123
Pet's Names
Posted: 8/29/2013 5:18:14 AM
Our horse is called 'Trooper'..... 16.2hh Hispano...

Labrador was called 'Elsie' after one of my bikes...but we lost her awhile ago...replaced her with another black male lab....cant repeat his name on here!
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Pet's Names
Posted: 8/30/2013 2:08:24 AM
My last two cats were Pat The Cat and Elmo, which was short for El Moggo, The Cat From Hell. He wasn't of course; he was a softy, although he terrorised his sister.
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Pet's Names
Posted: 8/30/2013 3:07:37 AM
We had a cat called Puss
 Lorri55
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Pet's Names
Posted: 9/5/2013 12:47:47 PM
My 15 year old cat is called Smokey.....after my childhood cat
her (nearly) sister was called Sweep after my ex-husband's childhood dog
Sadly Sweep came acropper (spelling?) a few weeks back :-(
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Pet's Names
Posted: 1/4/2014 2:54:22 AM
As a kid of about 7 I had the most amazing budgie. It loved to be with people, so nosy it wanted to read my comic with me, walked around the table to see what people were eating and hopped on my shoulder to go to the kitchen. Sadly it only lived about a year.

My Mum bought me another absolutely beautiful white one as a replacement. What a **stard. Changing it's food or water meant wearing chainmail gloves. We used to let it fly around the room. It would sit on the curtain rail lying in wait for whoever came in the room and attack them. I was tempted to let it fly away but was concerned the local wildlife would have been decimated.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >