Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 doc50
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Pet's NamesPage 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
i have a corn snake called dave after a so called friend off here, suprized there are no cooking fats or was ours unique?
 Jo van
Msg: 118
Pet's Names
Posted: 8/25/2013 3:24:40 AM
^^^ Strangely, I had a friend (now deceased, in 2008) who also had a "rescue rottweiler" called Rocky, I think that most of them have "hard-sounding" names like that.
His lodger, a nice woman, came home with an Indian meal, while he was out, and Rocky decided it was for him, so he almost gnawed the woman's breast off, she was lucky to survive, the dog weighed about 14 stone.
It was put down.
The woman sadly took her own life, just a couple of years ago.
There's a nice happy story for a sunday morning.

OT
I have no pets now, believing it to be a bourgoise decadence to be feeding a pet because it amuses you, while half the human population starves. But it's JMO

I had a newt called Monty when I was 10.
I don't think anyone's ever been killed by a newt.
 Jo van
Msg: 122
Pet's Names
Posted: 8/26/2013 4:12:10 AM

he would have to have a short one though... ive only got small hands.

My name is Jo, and I've got a short one,
and I like a woman with small hands.
So win/win there.

ObjectStupidity
Msg: 123
Pet's Names
Posted: 8/29/2013 5:18:14 AM
Our horse is called 'Trooper'..... 16.2hh Hispano...

Labrador was called 'Elsie' after one of my bikes...but we lost her awhile ago...replaced her with another black male lab....cant repeat his name on here!
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Pet's Names
Posted: 8/30/2013 2:08:24 AM
My last two cats were Pat The Cat and Elmo, which was short for El Moggo, The Cat From Hell. He wasn't of course; he was a softy, although he terrorised his sister.
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Pet's Names
Posted: 8/30/2013 3:07:37 AM
We had a cat called Puss
 Lorri55
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Pet's Names
Posted: 9/5/2013 12:47:47 PM
My 15 year old cat is called Smokey.....after my childhood cat
her (nearly) sister was called Sweep after my ex-husband's childhood dog
Sadly Sweep came acropper (spelling?) a few weeks back :-(
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Pet's Names
Posted: 1/4/2014 2:54:22 AM
As a kid of about 7 I had the most amazing budgie. It loved to be with people, so nosy it wanted to read my comic with me, walked around the table to see what people were eating and hopped on my shoulder to go to the kitchen. Sadly it only lived about a year.

My Mum bought me another absolutely beautiful white one as a replacement. What a **stard. Changing it's food or water meant wearing chainmail gloves. We used to let it fly around the room. It would sit on the curtain rail lying in wait for whoever came in the room and attack them. I was tempted to let it fly away but was concerned the local wildlife would have been decimated.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >