Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Eggs, Any special recipe's ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 18
Eggs, Any special recipe's ?Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
kelly...sometimes what i will do is take a poached egg...spread a thin layer of alfredo on a piece of toast...a slice of ham next...put the egg on the ham...a bit more alfredo...then a sprinkle of paprika for color...any cheese sauce will work tho...doesnt hafta be alfredo...
 JustKelly70
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Eggs, Any special recipe's ?
Posted: 7/18/2007 6:01:28 AM
Sounds Yummy. Have to look for it, Likely don't have it here though.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2007 7:24:44 PM
Come on Genre, get with the internet lingo..lol, rolling on the floor laughing my azz off.
Was funny when i first started this internet stuff, first girl I chatted with, and ended up dating explained it all to me, I did'nt even know what lol ment at the time...lol
 JustKelly70
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2007 7:26:44 PM
Thanks rk, will do
 JustKelly70
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2007 7:31:06 PM
K, I'm likin the sound of that. Gotta love chilli.
I'll add an egg to stay on topic.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2007 7:37:36 PM
I googled rotel.. http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,rotel_dip,FF.html some nice dip recipes, Will have to ask around if we have it here, Fists? Seen it around?
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/19/2007 7:42:28 PM
no kelly...i even had to ask what it is...but...i live only a half hours drive from the U.S. border...i'll keep my eyes peeled next time i cross
 JustKelly70
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2007 8:36:27 PM
Thanks fists, I'll still look around, Iv'e been trying to find currie in a can, one I always liked, sorry I forget the name now, Chinese brand.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2007 8:53:48 PM
LOL, Fists bootlegging rotel from over the border, I'll buy. TBay's a bit far though. Purolator?
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 27
Posted: 7/20/2007 7:06:03 AM
it aint really bootlegging...you are allowed to bring x number of dollars worth of goods back on a day trip...
what i found totally unacceptable was...(in my drinking days)...you can buy a bottle of canadian whiskey cheaper stateside than you can in canada...even with the exchange rate it was still cheaper...go freakin figure
 JustKelly70
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2007 3:56:10 PM
With the exchange rate now its worth the trip, If you don't live too far from the border.
3 hr drive for me. Can you get me a dozen eggs and a jug of milk while your there...
 76Keith
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2007 3:08:52 PM
^^^^^^^^
Sweetntarty - basically, yep. Around Ranchero-keith, "garbage" frittatas are a weekend breakfast staple - just about anything can (and does) go in. . .
 kasey*67
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/24/2007 5:33:06 PM
Here is a recipe that you might like, I love it...

Baked Omlette

6tbsp butter
1/2 to 3/4 cups flour

1 1/2 cups milk

1 1/2 cups milk
6 eggs

I usually use a brick of cracker barrell old cheddar cheese (shredded)
and lots of black forest ham (you can use the deli vaccumed packed stuff, I do)--diced

melt butter in a pot--medium heat
add flour until blended (it will look like dough)
add the first part of milk and stir until it thickens, it will look really pasty...

then add the rest of the milk and stir until thickens again (might not be as thick as the first time)
reduce heat
add eggs stir until blended
then add ham and mix well

add about 3/4 of the cheese in and just stir until blended
pour into an ungreased casserole dish and add the remaining cheese on top
i usually put the dish on a cookie sheet first
bake at 350 for about an hour

enjoy!!!!
this is soo good, you can have it for lunch, breakfast, dinner, whatever!!!!!

Imagine_this
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/24/2007 11:34:53 PM
Mix them with oranges in a cup. Sweeten to taste.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Eggs, Any special recipe's ?Lady N
Posted: 7/27/2007 8:36:00 PM
I have one my dog loves, put eggs on the counter, and let them roll off by accident, Fido will love you for it, Please remove the shells while you can.:)
 JustKelly70
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2007 2:31:39 PM
Mine would eat it shell and all, They did break so I removed the shell's and let him at it.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2007 2:33:19 PM
I'm thawing some Venison Hamburger, Not sure what to do with it yet, Any Ideas with eggs??
 JustKelly70
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2007 10:16:07 AM
Ummmm, No they were'nt. He enjoyed it, He;s so frigin old nothin will kill him:)
 crazytracey
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/13/2007 5:06:32 PM
Egg salad sandwiches are great and so easy to prepare playsnice, Most of the egg dishes I was thinking of have been covered here. Omletes are a delight thats for sure.
 unicorn04
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2007 3:58:10 PM
yesa lik your recipe
 JustKelly70
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2007 4:02:21 PM
This is the one I use Playsnice..

Ingredients for deviled eggs
6 eggs
3 tbsp of mayonnaise
1 tbsp of Dijon mustard
salt and pepper
paprika

Hard-boil the 6 eggs.
Once the eggs have boiled immerse them immediately in a bowl of very cold water and leave them there until they have cooled down. This will ease the job of peeling the eggs.
Peel the shell from the eggs and then rinse the eggs under a running tap to remove any tiny bits of shell. Then, refrigerate the eggs for 30 minutes. This will firm the eggs up, keep the yolks yellow and make slicing the eggs easier.
Remove the chilled eggs from the fridge and with a sharp knife, slice the eggs in half lengthways.
Gently squeeze the edges of the egg half, to loosen the yolk. This should make the yolk pop out, in which case, place it in a medium sized mixing bowl. If the yolk does not pop out, it may be removed by using a spoon to scoop it out. Remove all 6 yolks and place them in the mixing bowl.
Mash all the egg yolks into tiny pieces with a fork.
Add the mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper and continue to mash and mix the ingredients together until a smooth paste has been formed.
Fill the egg white halves with the egg yolk mixture using one of the above techniques and finally sprinkle the tops of the eggs with a little paprika.
The eggs are ready to serve, although they may benefit from a few hours in the refrigerator, to allow the different flavours to blend together.
 diana411
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2009 2:10:04 PM
ok here it is this is called sicilian peasant breakfastin a fry pan add 1/4 cup olive oil fry 2 potatoes that have been diced when golden add 1 minced onion 3cloves minced garlic 1 pkg frozen peas cook till peas are tender then drop eggs on top add salt and pepper and cover cook a min or so until the eggs are just whitened over take off heat serve with buttered italian bread
 random_char_here
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2009 6:32:38 PM
How about creme brulee

I N G R E D I E N T S
2 1/2 cups heavy cream or 1 1/4 cups heavy cream and 1 1/4 cups light cream
4 large egg yolks, well beaten
1/4 to 1/3 cup superfine sugar

I N S T R U C T I O N S
Bring cream to a boil, and boil about 30 seconds. Pour it immediately into the egg yolks and whisk them together. Return the mixture to the pan and continue cooking without allowing it to boil. Stir the mixture until it thickens and coats the spoon. Pour the mixture into a shallow baking dish. Refrigerate overnight.

Two hours before the meal, sprinkle the chilled cream with the sugar in an even layer and place it under a broiler preheated to the maximum temperature. The sugar will caramelize to a sheet of brown smoothness. You may need to turn the dish in the grill to achieve an even effect. It is important that this step be done very quickly in order to keep the custard cold and firm and the top crisp and brown.

theres like million different variations of it this one came from
http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/recipe_cbrulee2.htm

Now yeh just need a recipe for egg whites :P
 Classic Chassis
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2009 7:20:23 PM
^^^you can freeze the egg whites in ice cube trays then transfer to a zip-lock bag for later. You could make an egg-white omelette loaded with onions, peppers, celery, bacon, ham or whatever you like.

If you want a dessert, here's a recipe from granny's 1932 cookbook as it appears. You don't have to scald the milk - I just heat it in the microwave until hot but I do sift the dry ingredients to blend. And this cake does taste like angel food - might be a touch heavier but it's good.

{b]Mock Angel Cake
1 cup granulated sugar
1-1/4 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2/3 cup milk, scalded
2 egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix sugar, flour, baking powder and salt; sift 4-5 times. While milk is scalding, beat egg whites with rotary beater until stiff but not dry. Add vanilla to egg whites while beating. Combine hot milk with dry ingredients and beat with a spoon until mixture is smooth; then fold in eggs whites with spatula. Spread carefully into a tube pan which has never been greased. A dry wax paper may be placed in the bottom of the pan if desired, to facilitate removal of the cake. Bake in a moderate oven (350-375°F) for 40-50 minutes. Invert cake and pan on a wire cooler and let stand until cold, about 1 hour. Loosen with a spatula or knife and remove paper from bottom if necessary.

Note: Let cake stand for 1 day before serving. Can serve with fresh fruit, whipped cream or drizzle with your favourite glaze.
 WickedSecret
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/14/2009 11:55:19 AM
These aren't special or recipes per say, just what keep the hoards happy on Sunday brunch whether we are home or camping.

Egg Cups (makes 12 individual cups)

12 slices bread, buttered
1T olive oil
250g diced bacon
1/2 finely diced red capsicum
1 finely diced tomato
12 eggs
125ml milk
1T shredded oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Pre-heat oven to 180C.
Saute oil, bacon & capsicum over medium heat for 3mins or til just softened.
Place bread, butter side down, into large muffin tins.
In a large bowl, combine eggs, bacon, tomato, capsicum, milk, oregano and wisk til combined.
Season with salt and pepper
Pour mixture evenly into bread cups and cook for 8-12mins or til cooked through.
Top with grated pecorino/cheddar/parmesan if you like.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Camping Eggs

As many eggs as each person wants
Tomatoes

Cut tomatoes into thick rings, remove centres, leaving ring in tact.
Place on greased tray and crach an egg into each ring, and cook til desired.

Told you it wasn't a recipe lol
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Eggs, Any special recipe's ?