Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Eggs, Any special recipe's ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 random_char_here
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Eggs, Any special recipe's ?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
How about creme brulee

I N G R E D I E N T S
2 1/2 cups heavy cream or 1 1/4 cups heavy cream and 1 1/4 cups light cream
4 large egg yolks, well beaten
1/4 to 1/3 cup superfine sugar

I N S T R U C T I O N S
Bring cream to a boil, and boil about 30 seconds. Pour it immediately into the egg yolks and whisk them together. Return the mixture to the pan and continue cooking without allowing it to boil. Stir the mixture until it thickens and coats the spoon. Pour the mixture into a shallow baking dish. Refrigerate overnight.

Two hours before the meal, sprinkle the chilled cream with the sugar in an even layer and place it under a broiler preheated to the maximum temperature. The sugar will caramelize to a sheet of brown smoothness. You may need to turn the dish in the grill to achieve an even effect. It is important that this step be done very quickly in order to keep the custard cold and firm and the top crisp and brown.

theres like million different variations of it this one came from
http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/recipe_cbrulee2.htm

Now yeh just need a recipe for egg whites :P
 Classic Chassis
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Eggs, Any special recipe's ?
Posted: 7/13/2009 7:20:23 PM
^^^you can freeze the egg whites in ice cube trays then transfer to a zip-lock bag for later. You could make an egg-white omelette loaded with onions, peppers, celery, bacon, ham or whatever you like.

If you want a dessert, here's a recipe from granny's 1932 cookbook as it appears. You don't have to scald the milk - I just heat it in the microwave until hot but I do sift the dry ingredients to blend. And this cake does taste like angel food - might be a touch heavier but it's good.

{b]Mock Angel Cake
1 cup granulated sugar
1-1/4 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2/3 cup milk, scalded
2 egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix sugar, flour, baking powder and salt; sift 4-5 times. While milk is scalding, beat egg whites with rotary beater until stiff but not dry. Add vanilla to egg whites while beating. Combine hot milk with dry ingredients and beat with a spoon until mixture is smooth; then fold in eggs whites with spatula. Spread carefully into a tube pan which has never been greased. A dry wax paper may be placed in the bottom of the pan if desired, to facilitate removal of the cake. Bake in a moderate oven (350-375°F) for 40-50 minutes. Invert cake and pan on a wire cooler and let stand until cold, about 1 hour. Loosen with a spatula or knife and remove paper from bottom if necessary.

Note: Let cake stand for 1 day before serving. Can serve with fresh fruit, whipped cream or drizzle with your favourite glaze.
 WickedSecret
Msg: 42
Eggs, Any special recipe's ?
Posted: 7/14/2009 11:55:19 AM
These aren't special or recipes per say, just what keep the hoards happy on Sunday brunch whether we are home or camping.

Egg Cups (makes 12 individual cups)

12 slices bread, buttered
1T olive oil
250g diced bacon
1/2 finely diced red capsicum
1 finely diced tomato
12 eggs
125ml milk
1T shredded oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Pre-heat oven to 180C.
Saute oil, bacon & capsicum over medium heat for 3mins or til just softened.
Place bread, butter side down, into large muffin tins.
In a large bowl, combine eggs, bacon, tomato, capsicum, milk, oregano and wisk til combined.
Season with salt and pepper
Pour mixture evenly into bread cups and cook for 8-12mins or til cooked through.
Top with grated pecorino/cheddar/parmesan if you like.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Camping Eggs

As many eggs as each person wants
Tomatoes

Cut tomatoes into thick rings, remove centres, leaving ring in tact.
Place on greased tray and crach an egg into each ring, and cook til desired.

Told you it wasn't a recipe lol
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Eggs, Any special recipe's ?