Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > simple question - do you believe in a god?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 goldfishxyz
Msg: 276
simple question - do you believe in a god?Page 12 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
As the Bible says " The fool saith in his heart there is no God". Or more appropriately science cannot answer everything. Look up christian science on google to prove this. Read the short book of Ecclesiastes in the bible to find the meaning of life.
 daddy-day-care
Msg: 277
view profile
History
simple question - do you believe in a god?
Posted: 11/27/2008 5:52:35 PM

Relax grasshopper..., just show me the evidence.

look around
 goldfishxyz
Msg: 278
Posted: 11/27/2008 9:21:13 PM
Yes, Look around, there is absolutely no way this planet and humans could have occured by just random chance of accident.

There is little or no prove for evolution. Think about it. Never in human history has there been matting between 2 different species been succesful. A dog and cat have sex and nothing. A horse and donkey have sex and make a mule but then the mule is infertile. Most mutations tend to be infertile and short lived.
 Tah,
Msg: 279
Posted: 11/28/2008 9:34:08 AM
Would the creationists theory be an acceptable challenge to DNA evidence in court?
 goldfishxyz
Msg: 280
Posted: 11/28/2008 2:12:02 PM
Just remember that evolution is just a theory and has very little real proof. Just as believing in god is a religion so is evolution as both require believing in things you cannot prove. Why cannot these scientists be honest and acknowledge that evolution is a religion and thus should not be tort in schools.
 likes_a_laugh
Msg: 281
Posted: 11/28/2008 2:36:21 PM
Yeah, a course I do.

It's a bit like in Mad Max 2: "When all that's left is one last chance, pray that he's still out there ... somewhere!" ...

I believe, it's part of who I am. No explanation necessary.
 hilly1971
Msg: 282
Posted: 11/28/2008 7:09:42 PM
A dog and cat have sex and nothing
Dont you be letting my dat or my cog hear you saying they are nothing!

Seriously though I find it a lot more sensible to believe that things have evolved rather then the thought that a virgin took one from god (or not apparently) and 9 months later there was a kid! The only thing we have to "prove" this idea is a book that realistically could have been written by anyone with a good imagination.

I guess if creation is a religion and is not fit to be taught in schools then nor are any religions?? Sounds ideal to me actually.

Now im off to part the waters of my dam ,cos I can see the Jehovahs at my front gate. I have been waiting with baited breath for the new edition of watchtower.
 smoranean
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2008 8:42:14 PM

1) Evolution is defined as: Change in the genetic composition of a population during successive generations, as a result of natural selection acting on the genetic variation among individuals, and resulting in the development of new species. [The Free Dictionary]

It is not the interbreeding between unrelated species. As the definition suggests it is a series of minuscule changes affecting the genetics of a generation of species (not an entire species on a global level!) until a new species is formed, typically as a result of a changing habitat.

If you wish to see evidence of this then look at the different races of human beings, or go to a dog show and look at the different breeds of dog. Dogs that are alive today would not survive if left in a world without people: the only dogs that would survive are the ones most similar to wolves and would evolve as their habitat demands it. There are also plenty of fossilised remains of extinct species that show evolution in progress.

So, as you can see God did not place each animal in a habitat that can accommodate it - the animals evolved to live in their specific habitat.

2) Earth and humans did develop due to chance. Particles in the universe collided in to each other forming matter which collided in to other matter until planets and stars developed. Eventually Earth was formed and was stable enough to sustain life. Single cell organisms were the first forms of life on Earth and they evolved in to larger species which eventually evolved in to monkeys who eventually evolved in to humans.

Sometimes angiosperms make me wonder whether God was there at The Beginning (aka Big Bang) or only came onto the field in the final quarter, but could it be possible that evolution might have been God's idea?

I'm not sure how to see the two concepts as exclusive, because all science seems to teach me is how long it takes us to work such simple things out and how much I'm never going to know for certain nor probably want to anyway. I reckon Darwin wrote it down fairly well to start with, not that it hadn't already been written before, in various styles.

I like both ideas! What's wrong with that?
 ~Pedro Sanchez~
Msg: 284
Posted: 11/28/2008 9:35:00 PM

Sometimes angiosperms make me wonder whether God was there at The Beginning (aka Big Bang) or only came onto the field in the final quarter, but could it be possible that evolution might have been God's idea?

I'm not sure how to see the two concepts as exclusive, because all science seems to teach me is how long it takes us to work such simple things out and how much I'm never going to know for certain nor probably want to anyway. I reckon Darwin wrote it down fairly well to start with, not that it hadn't already been written before, in various styles.

I like both ideas! What's wrong with that?

Actually, that's a good point there smoranean, why we haven't considered anything like that....maybe the creator is a highly evolved human race sometime in the future and created the big bang at the time when they could conduct a controlled explosion in the universe. Maybe that highly evolved human have done away with diseases and death and obtained immortality status as well as his friends but some of them were bad to the core and this highly evolved human said nope...gotta find a way to filter the immortality club....I should go return to the past with my dandy De Lorean and start afresh but this time only the goodie-two-shoes can join my immortality club....um, hang on, that'll be too hard....how about they just give me credit for solving all of life's mysteries...yep, that's it...me...a highly evolved human will be known as god! If they call me god and publicly declare it, then I give them the code word....e=mc2.

I don't have a problem calling a highly evolved human (if indeed that is the case) as God, after all, we call them musos who can pluck and use a tremolo bar as rock gods!
 moffassa
Msg: 285
Posted: 11/29/2008 12:49:05 PM
Hello!
I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
Believing in God comes natural and easy for me because is something that I learned at home . My father and grandmother were people of faith(not religion), and accepting the good and the bad as they came.
Just to let you know that in this world there is a devil and his followers (bad angels) that causes us grief.
Now , you might ask: Why God of love allows this devil to do so many nasty things? Because He is Not in Full control . That is Why we have to pray for God to Intervene in our life and save us from harm as much as he can.
However, pain and sorrow help us to grow strong , with good character to reach out to others. Have faith . Its free. Moffassa
 HeyJenny
Msg: 286
Posted: 11/30/2008 12:01:10 PM
Hello
Yes I absolutely believe in God, there is only one. I believe because I have faith that God exists. Some people need to witness a miracle and then they believe. If you want to ,you can go to Youtube and search miracles or religion, that type of thing. There's quite alot on various subjects that might enlighten you. Just because we believe in something does not make us all "nuts" although there are some out there who have twisted views.
Unfortunitely some things will be a mystery until our deaths. This Earth is NOT Heaven and horrible things happen all the time. Sometimes God or anjels,etc. intercede for us, maybe because it wasn't our time to die. Other times innocent people suffer, this is a mystery. I do know that God gave us free will and because He did, we get to choose how we react to what life throws at us.
I am so sorry about your friend. Hopefully she can find peace.
Also,be respectful of other people when you do question, but questioning may be a good start for you.
Jenny
 daddy-day-care
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2008 2:28:58 PM

It is not the interbreeding between unrelated species. As the definition suggests it is a series of minuscule changes affecting the genetics of a generation of species (not an entire species on a global level!) until a new species is formed, typically as a result of a changing habitat.

If you wish to see evidence of this then look at the different races of human beings, or go to a dog show and look at the different breeds of dog. Dogs that are alive today would not survive if left in a world without people: the only dogs that would survive are the ones most similar to wolves and would evolve as their habitat demands it. There are also plenty of fossilised remains of extinct species that show evolution in progress.

yes fact

2) Earth and humans did develop due to chance. Particles in the universe collided in to each other forming matter which collided in to other matter until planets and stars developed. Eventually Earth was formed and was stable enough to sustain life. Single cell organisms were the first forms of life on Earth and they evolved in to larger species which eventually evolved in to monkeys who eventually evolved in to humans.

pffffffft ....................good to see you have faith brother
and you think religon has holes in it!!!!!

I had the same theary for a long time but after a few personal miracles pffffffft no way
I'll go for the helping hand from the big man upstairs, as we all need it at times.
 smoranean
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2008 6:32:04 PM

In terms of probability, the concept of a God existing (especially in religious terms) is so low that it's not even worth considering.

Life exists simply because it can and works on a trial and error system. There's no deep meaning behind anything. Why is the universe here? I like to think that absolute nothing cannot logically exist without a comparison and vice-versa.

That's the fundamental error in your logic. Scientists and mathematicians seeking proof of God are rather like the drunk searching for his lost car keys in the street, who, as the analogy proclaims, searches under the street light because he cannot see in the dark.

One of the first steps you must take in your quest for salvation is to let go your scientific understanding and linear thought processes, and realise that there are very good reasons why you are not permitted to have that coveted proof.

It's just a matter of expanding your thinking outside the limitations of science. Children do it effortlessly, but some grownups seem to develop a phobia about it as the progress through their education to rather cycloptic outcomes. What the psychos would probably call it if they weren't so embarrassed by the thought of it (as it applies to themselves more than anyone) is Scientific Mind Disorder (SMD). How about that for a new mental eccentricity to keep the industry in the money?

Sometimes this same argument goes round in such circles with scientific athiests incapable of thinking outside their learned limitations that we might as well be writing in Braille, but I hope some people might get the message without having to find out the hard way. Life is a bit of a trial and error system isn't it?
 1NSATIABLE
Msg: 289
Posted: 11/30/2008 6:54:06 PM

This Earth is NOT Heaven and horrible things happen all the time

ive often considered the possability its hell................
 lyingcheat
Msg: 290
Posted: 11/30/2008 10:22:59 PM

Yes, Look around, there is absolutely no way this planet and humans could have occured by just random chance of accident.

Yeah, the chaotic randomness and complete lack of order that fills the entire known universe is just some kind of aberration. God was tired I guess, or ran out of time maybe, after setting up the only really important bit, and creating the only thing in the whole universe with any meaning or importance, Earth of course, with us on it!

So He must have just left the rest of it, and then never got around to straightening it out. The universe is sooo obviously just a decoration anyway that God made for us to look at sometimes, at night.

I don't know how anyone can seriously think "this planet and humans could have occurred by just random chance of accident.!!" hahahahaa
Mind you, people will believe anything! Even in FairyTales and other crazy stuff too, so it's no surprise there's a few deluded individuals who just can't understand how God got the upper hand over Apollo, Jupiter, Ra, Yahweh/Jehovah, Axalotyl, Memsahib, Joseph Smith, Pataks, MumboJumbo, Dos Vadanya, and all those other outrageous imposters and crackpot voodoo peddlars.

It's perfectly obvious that God, without even using any tricks, like a magic wand or something dumb like that, or throwing a curtain over it so no one could see it was just mirrors, but right out in the open, Viola!! Or maybe Voila!! So the French people would know to get started, then He must have said it in all the other languages I suppose, otherwise we'd all still be just standing there at the beginning of time, wondering what to do and maybe getting a bit bored but too afraid to say anything. hahahaa So He must have said, like Hey Presto! Abracadabra! And maybe Surprise! So we'd all get a move on and start honouring Him and building churches and other important stuff that He'd planned all along we should do.

There is little or no prove for evolution. (snip)

Unlike the loads of actual proof for the existence of Virgin Birth and other amazing God stuff, like living in Heaven or going to Hell like everyone is going to who isn't a member of my particular sect, being the only True one 'n'all.
Yup, me and God'll be laughing at you suckers writhing in torment for eternity.

So if ya don't want your guts sucked out through your bvmh0le and fed to burning demons while standing on your head in 20cm of boiling excrement as a thousand tiny devils poke you right in the eye with freezing cold blunt needles and laugh while they're doing it until the end of time, when God just presses the reset button, and they force your guts back in the same way they came out, except now they're pretty hot.
Well you better get on your knees and Thank God for being such a kind and merciful and loving benevolent papa up in the sky who's looking out for you all the time. Because think of the mess we'd all be in, Christians I mean, all us Christians would be in because the other 3 or 4 billion don't count, if God wasn't helping us out?
 smoranean
Msg: 291
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2008 10:45:14 PM

Because think of the mess we'd all be in, Christians I mean, all us Christians would be in because the other 3 or 4 billion don't count, if God wasn't helping us out?

We don't have to think very hard, eh? Just look at the mess outside in the street, or watch the tv news tonight - what a goddamn mess we've made of this garden!

Trouble is, so many of these homo sapiens have too much pride to ask for God's help so it's no wonder we've ended up in such a hellish state as this as a planet. We won't get very far unless we all pull our weight, but there are so many slackers who couldn't give a damn about it, so I guess we communally get what we ask for.

See it now on wide-screen high-definition television at a department store near you!
 IzzyB73
Msg: 292
Posted: 11/30/2008 10:53:19 PM

So if ya don't want your guts sucked out through your bvmh0le and fed to burning demons while standing on your head in 20cm of boiling excrement as a thousand tiny devils poke you right in the eye with freezing cold blunt needles and laugh while they're doing it until the end of time, when God just presses the reset button, and they force your guts back in the same way they came out, except now they're pretty hot.

and I can imagine you would be joining them ?????? for eternity I can just see it now eternity in hell and your keyboard mocking you because no matter how much you try you would never be able to reach your keyboard to type your relentless sarcastic remarks of others belief systems
 lyingcheat
Msg: 293
Posted: 11/30/2008 11:03:10 PM

and I can imagine you would be joining them ?????? for eternity I can just see it now eternity in hell and your keyboard mocking you because no matter how much you try you would never be able to reach your keyboard to type your relentless sarcastic remarks of others belief systems

Thank you for the best wishes and kind remarks.

But ya know, talking of attacks on belief systems.... my comments were actually addressed to the topic of this thread, unlike yours.
 smoranean
Msg: 294
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2008 11:12:36 PM
But ya know, talking of attacks on belief systems.... my comments were actually addressed
to the topic of this thread, unlike yours.

Just go back and edit all the rubbish out and type NO instead then. That's the answer you're having so much trouble trying to get across.

Q. Do you believe in a god?
A. NO.

Easy if you try real hard isn't it?

I honestly thought you were trying to wax satirical, but it did get a bit disjointed and repetitive throughout the paragraphs so I don't recommend you submit it to the comedy publishers without a little more work on the general flow.
 1NSATIABLE
Msg: 295
Posted: 11/30/2008 11:31:24 PM
i cant see atoms.....but scientist have pictures
i cant see dna........but scientist have pictures

i cant see ghost's..but non scientists have pics
i think i met an angel...but forgot to take a pic

i prefer not to see blood..... but i bleed
i prefer not to see sewage... but i s--t

some believe in a god...as they feel they know him
some believe in a god......because they fear not to

some dont believe in a god...as there yet to know him
some dont believe in a god...as there yet to see the pic

those asking if theres a god why do's he let bad things happen
try asking god .... i did once ...wish i hadnt...i believe he answered just not how i anticipated he would (verbally)
 lyingcheat
Msg: 296
Posted: 12/1/2008 12:15:48 AM
I honestly thought you were trying

to quote

But couldn't... um.... pull it off, so to speak.

Why are you attacking my belief systems? Do you feel threatened? Your beliefs are shaky?
In the cold hours before dawn, do you secretly doubt? Think maybe, there is no god?
Else why would you expose yourself to ridicule?

And I wasn't "trying to wax satirical" by the way. I don't have to try! It's effortless.
But even if I was? I think I'd rather be me, waxing lyrical.
Than be you, wane king.
 smoranean
Msg: 297
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2008 12:22:08 AM

And I wasn't "trying to wax satirical" by the way. I don't have to try! It's effortless.
But even if I was? I think I'd rather be me, waxing lyrical.
Than be you, wane king.

Next time just answer NO to the question then and you won't come across as so offensive to some other people whose beliefs you mock and so comical in the eyes of the rest of us.
 smoranean
Msg: 298
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2008 3:02:19 AM

The most pathetic excuse that religion uses to explain the lack of proof of their God - in scientific terms - is when they say that it's His will he cannot be proven - just like you are saying Smoranean.

You've almost got it right there, but not quite. All you've done is capitalised a pronoun.

The first step that you must take from here is to lose your SMD (Scientific Mind Disorder).

I am not writing to you what you mistakenly insinuate at all, because you have given no reasons as to WHY you cannot have permission to prove God. It is beyond your understanding to comprehend those reasons why as long as you continue to think from such a linear mindset. The only way that a scientist can learn the reasons why such a thing would be very very bad would be to try it - to experiment. That is why it is not possible for the scientist to ever understand it. You would sacrifice less lives if you took the elevator to the top floor of a tall building and tried to prove by experiment that you cannot fly.

You must think unlike a scientist to have any possible means to get the message. It is your choice to not believe in a god or God, but it is not your right to try to inflict your own lack of understanding on others.

Therefore, just say that you do not believe in a God, for that is all that you need to do. If I am asked whether I believe in snow in Perth, I can answer No, without trying to insult the people a little older than I who HAVE seen snow in Perth. Just because I am ignorant does not give me the right to tell other people that they are wrong when I don't know what I am talking about because I am actually admitting that I know nothing about snow in Perth by stating that I don't believe in it. It is of nobody's interest to learn WHY I don't believe in snow in Perth, but if someone DOES believe that it can snow in Perth, then that might beg the question of WHY? If I don't believe, then there is no need to elaborate on the reasons, because there is no need to have a reason not to believe in anything.

That is why this same old debate continues so pointlessly. If you can't accept that you just don't understand the truth while you continue to blind yourself with science, then maybe you should stop trying to antagonise those who DO understand and possess the cognitive requirements that you lack.

Silliest religion of all is atheism, but that's just my opinion, so please don't be offended you rascally athiest you!

IzzyB73
Msg: 299
Posted: 12/1/2008 3:05:08 AM

You speak of psychopaths while disregarding the fact that most psychopaths are religious. Hitler is a good example

and it was reported that hilter had syphillis ( hense going mad ) so i dont see what your point is there .... I am sure there were and are just as many psychopaths that were and are not religious nuts but hey I could be wrong
 lyingcheat
Msg: 300
Posted: 12/1/2008 3:58:36 AM
There's inconsistency here that you could drive a truck through. All from the same poster.

It is your choice to not believe in a god or God, but it is not your right to try to inflict your own lack of understanding on others.

Said while trying to inflict your own lack of understanding on others.

Therefore, just say that you do not believe in a God, for that is all that you need to do. (snip) ...without trying to insult the people a little older...(snip)...If I don't believe, then there is no need to elaborate on the reasons...(snip)

Said while, at great length, insulting others with elaborately tedious irrelevancies in an attempt to imply they are stupid, and wrong.

Just because I am ignorant does not give me the right to tell other people that they are wrong when I don't know what I am talking about

Said while telling people they're ignorant, and don't know what they're talking about.

If you can't accept that you just don't understand the truth while you continue to blind yourself with science, then maybe you should stop trying to antagonise those who DO understand and possess the cognitive requirements that you lack.

More veiled insults and now claiming 'special' knowledge?

Silliest religion of all is atheism, but that's just my opinion, so please don't be offended you rascally athiest you!

hahahaa What a kidder! None taken, you deluded oaf you. But please don't be offended by that, I mean it kindly.

Gosh! I'm corrupt as all hell but I can't compete with this!
I bow humbly to your breathtaking hypocrisy, exposing acres of buttock, half a yard of crack and letting one go in your honour.

And besides, I know better than to argue with blind fanaticism.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > simple question - do you believe in a god?