Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > simple question - do you believe in a god?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Highett47
Msg: 526
simple question - do you believe in a god?Page 22 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
There is no proof that any of this happened. It's just another blatent lie by those who want you to believe. If you believe in a virgin birth you will believe any of the crap they tell the Faithful. Get real.
 CavesBeach
Msg: 527
view profile
History
simple question - do you believe in a god?
Posted: 3/5/2009 12:13:29 AM
I think every one is ignoring the much bigger question.....

Does your god believe in you.?

I know there is something out there, and i sincerely hope i have done enough.

not just so I get into some sought of heaven or hell (hell sounds better to me, except the fire stuff)
but so that i feel I have done what i am suppost to do here.
make kids, surf, fly high, get drunk, play music, pay tax, love, hate, travel OS and play wiffle ball naked are all checked off my list but i think theres more to it than this.

but if there is no god then I'm off the hook..

still reckon my answer is best.. = no its not a simple question
 qldblue
Msg: 528
Posted: 3/5/2009 2:16:33 AM
Re Message 558, you scoff at a virgin birth but it can happen as there is documented evidence of women being pregnant without actual intercourse happening and not from IVF.

Yes the hyman on these women was still intact, Crap you say but non the less still true.

What caused the pregnancies was something so simple it could be considered laughable, apparantly these women shared bath water after a male had a bath and some tricky little sperm survived long enough to impregnate these women.
Not an everyday occurrance I admit but they ended up pregnant just the same.

So can a virgin birth happen yes but can a virgin birth happen over 2000 years ago possible, I can't answer that as I wasn't there.

Do people who don't believe in a god still take those holy days off?, you betcha sweet bippy they do, not bad for people who don't believe but I bet you still exchange gifts at those times.
 robw23
Msg: 529
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2009 5:37:54 AM
jeez, i cannot believe this post of hypocrites+ god botherers have stretched this out for 23 pages!!!! just goes to show i suppose, folk will fall for anything if they are belted with it for long enough!!!!! sheesh, get a life!!!!!
 qldblue
Msg: 530
Posted: 3/5/2009 10:42:57 PM
Yes 63, you are right in that most of our holy days are replacements for the ye olde pagan days but we don't have 25 December off because it is the winter solstice do we.

My point is that people who profess their non belief in a god or religeon are quite willing to have the newer holy days off even if they call them family days.
 ~luvUlongtime~
Msg: 531
Posted: 3/5/2009 11:26:03 PM
^^^^ I'm quite willing to have a day off for any reason whatsoever. Even for the Queen's Birthday, and I never even buy her a present.
 hilly1971
Msg: 532
Posted: 3/6/2009 1:46:20 AM

Do people who don't believe in a god still take those holy days off?,

Of course they do...would be silly not to really. Personally I dont believe, but if it gets me a day off work then I will celebrate anything. Bring on "Jesus' first step" Day or "The lords first poo on the potty" day I reckon.

I might be non-religious but im not stupid .
 Beachippy
Msg: 533
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2009 2:26:45 AM
what if "God" came back?.. who would he recognise as his adherents, those who've traded on his name?...

according to "legend"... Moses saw him... sorta... got the 10 commandments and so forth..mmmm

funnily enough the only one he specifically asked them to remember was "remember the sabbath day and keep it holy"... work 6, rest one... sounds simple enough for an agrarian society.

so the sabbath is basically Saturday , nas pa?,,, not SUNday (being day one, not day 7).. let there be light, yada yada...

so?, what haven't the "christians" changed ?... or forgotten... or confused...
nowdays ..Islamic people go to the mosque on Friday...
and the much aligned jehovas, jews, adventists and some others.. do Saturday... the sabbath of old,,
at least one out of the 3 read the script correctly it seems... and at their own expense through the ages suffering persecution and worse?..
. it was the Romans who first denied sabbath worship, to crush "real one God sabbath people" as they themselves and society at large worshiped the sun(out of egypt)... as does the Pope...and christianity to this day...
IS(IS of egypt)+ RA(sun) = EL ( new god)... israel.. derrrr.. (Singo could have done that ie, KFC the new chicken,lol...)

NOT being connected to any religous group myself ,now or in the recent past,... I wonder why some don't even follow the "God" the profess to know... or their own book of guidelines to "God".. or deny history for that matter....

I'm just hoping the mothership will be big enough for "blokes like me",lol.... hey! even an aisle seat next to a sweaty garlic eater w0uld be cool... no movie even...

if armageddon was the alternative.. and "God" did come back to save his precious creations..

myforumsite
Msg: 534
Posted: 3/6/2009 3:07:14 AM
Re Message 558, you scoff at a virgin birth but it can happen as there is documented evidence of women being pregnant without actual intercourse happening and not from IVF.

Qldblue - I am more than happy to be proven wrong. You said this evidence was documented? Please provide the link to the evidence so that I can have a look. Thanks.
 soulmate08
Msg: 535
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2009 3:15:11 AM
Yes there are........ it seems 2 distinct G-Ds from' the original'..... To the ....change once the gnostics and romans added their parts..
The original followers of yeshua who' was jewish'... were called nazarenes...
Once Paul, got involved.. christianity evolved... They were 2 seperate groups..

Original teachings.. after the flood... Noah was given the noahides.. the 7 laws...
It touches on it briefly in the christian bible 'in genesis'.. but going back to original teaching.. is where you find them.... the christians donot seem to teach them.. nor list them all in genesis.. ... you can find then from the jewish .. teachers...

Noah was a gentile... It wasnt until, later ...
a group... lead by moses become G-Ds people... they were given the 10 commandments...(not sure what part of the bible.. but somewhere when they were wandering they became G-Ds people..
So everyone.. (based on the teachings) are gentiles.. (unless your jewish)... from the original religion.. gentiles can or not .... follow the noahides... .. (dont take me word for it... im trying to remember ..long ago studies here)
I think our western nations are sort of set up on the noahides..
Gentiles are not bound by the sabbath.... It was a special day for the jewish people and G-D... .. but Im no expert on the religion... But its easy .. these days.. to check things out.. from original sources.. and how they taught....

?, what haven't the "christians" changed ?... or forgotten... or confused...
nowdays ..Islamic people go to the mosque on Friday...
and the much aligned jehovas, jews, adventists and some others.. do Saturday... the sabbath of old,,
at least one out of the 3 read the script correctly it seems... and at their own expense through the ages suffering persecution and worse?..

yes.. and it's the difference between religion/theology and G-D..
one does not equal another..
so paganism..gnosticism etc.. do change.. the original..

peace
 Beachippy
Msg: 536
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2009 4:51:23 AM
duality indeed... the bible exhibits duality in "god"..

like god is so pi$$ed off with adam and eve he casts them angrily out with all sorts of curses... to their fate..
yet "another god". soon after. teaches man about skins and fire and other survival techniques on the planet ...
again , later, one god gets awfully Pi$$ed off again with "his?" creation and wants to wipe out all these humans,,,with a massive flood...
oh.. but "another god" warns Noah and teaches him to build an ark to save stuff...

like which "God" is actually running the show?... the hater or the lover?..

surely they can't be the same? ...

the enki/enlil description by the much, much,earlier Sumerians.. the inventors of writing and recording events,, seems more than likely really... than later compilations of old rumours and half truths,,, most of which originates from within Sumerian sagas...

their "epic of gilgamesh" is thousands of years earlier than any "christian" writings.. yet contains many of the common themes contained in the bible...

and history is written by those with the guns at the time, the winners... eh?.. and they get to burn the old books too.. eh?

*Imogine*
Msg: 537
Posted: 3/6/2009 6:11:39 AM

So, you say everyone has the right to believe and you won’t condemn them for it, yet you agree with the statement that its not ok NOT to respect god? Therefore you are condemning those that don’t believe. It has to go both ways – if you respect everyones right to believe then you must also respect everyones right not to believe.

I, as a mortal human being that will probably die at 70 to 80, do not have the right to judge anyone or condemn anyone for their chosen belief's. For example, I don't particularly like chocolate or wine, but I won't condemn you because you do.

I hate to burst your bubble Blue but those holy days aren't of christian origin. Easter is an old pagan ritual that gets its name from female fertility and the female hormone eostrogen.

I would like to see evidence of this, or is it something you got from Hethan.com. How would you explain that Good Friday was also the day that Jesus was slain for our sins? And that Easter Sunday he rose from the dead? I would like to know of just one mortal human being who did that. Wouldn't this just be a matter of coincidence?

Then there's Christmas itself. I'm not sure when exactly Christ was born but I think the orthodox religion pins it at the 14th of January.

Oh wow, one of my friends is also born on the 14th January, does that make her Jesus' twin?

The calendar we all use world wide, the time of the day (non daylight saving time, this is defying God) is a calendar built on the time of Jesus. Are you also going to defy this?

Yes I take those holidays off, but to me they are family days and I revere my family above all else, including any and all gods.

Well I think every day with my family is a special day, it doesn't need to be Christmas or Easter, it could be today.

I wonder how many people celebrate the birth of Allah in Australia? He is a God too you know. Haloween is celebrated in USA, which I find ironic because USA is the leading Christian fellowships in the world. Isn't Haloween a day for the Devil? He is also a God.

Everything you see, everything you touch, everything you smell is a creation of God. Even your children are. If God did not want you to have them, you wouldn't.
 ~luvUlongtime~
Msg: 538
Posted: 3/6/2009 6:18:02 AM
Do people who don't believe in a god still take those holy days off?

The only 'days off' we get that are religious (or 'holy days') are Christian holidays. This is unfair and I demand time off for Jewish, Islamic, Hindu and Jedi days too. After all....

Roses are redish
Violets are bluish
If it wasn't for Jesus
We'd all have been Jewish

Oy vey!

So, anyway, this is basically how it all went down folks... I didn't write it, it's been translated from some ancient scrolls I found on Google.

Genesis 1
In the beginning God created Dates. And the date was Monday, July 4, 4004 B.C.. And God said, let there be light; and there was light. And when there was Light, God saw the Date, that it was Monday, and he got down to work; for verily, he had a Big Job to do.
And God made pottery shards and Silurian mollusks and pre-Cambrian limestone strata; and flints and Jurassic Mastodon tusks and Picanthopus erectus skulls and Cretaceous placentals made he; and those cave paintings at Lasceaux. And that was that, for the first Work Day.

And God saw that he had made many wondrous things, but that he had not wherein to put it all. And God said, Let the heavens be divided from the earth; and let us bury all of these Things which we have made in the earth; but not too deep. And God buried all the Things which he had made, and that was that. And the morning and the evening and the overtime were Tuesday.

And God said, Let there be water; and let the dry land appear; and that was that. And God called the dry land Real Estate; and the water called he the Sea. And in the land and beneath it put he crude oil, grades one through six; and natural gas put he thereunder, and prehistoric carboniferous forests yielding anthracite and other ligneous matter; and all these called he Resources; and he made them Abundant. And likewise all that was in the sea, even unto two hundred miles from the dry land , called he resources; all that was therein, like manganese nodules, for instance. And the morning unto the evening had been a long day; which he called Wednesday.

And God said, Let the earth bring forth abundantly every moving creature I can think of, with or without backbones, with or without wings or feet, or fins or claws, vestigial limbs and all, right now ; and let each one be of a separate species. For lo, I can make whatsoever I like, whensoever I like. And the earth brought forth abundantly all creatures, great and small, with and without backbones, with and without wings and feet and fins and claws, vestigial limbs and all, from bugs to brontosauruses. But God blessed them all, saying, Be fruitful and multiply and Evolve Not.

And God looked upon the species he hath made, and saw that the earth was exceedingly crowded, and he said unto them, Let each species compete for what it needed; for Healthy Competition is My Law. And the species competeth amongst themselves, the cattle and the creeping things; and some madeth it and some didn't; and the dogs ate the dinosaurs and God was pleased. And God took the bones from the dinosaurs, and caused them to appear mighty old; and cast he them about the land and the sea. And he took every tiny creature that had not madeth it, and caused them to become fossils; and cast he them about likewise. And just to put matters beyond the valley of the shadow of a doubt God created carbon dating. And this is the origin of species. And in the Evening of the day which was Thursday, God saw that he had put in another good day's work.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness, which is tall and well-formed and pale of hue: and let us also make monkeys, which resembleth us not in any wise, but are short and ill-formed and hairy. And God added, Let man have dominion over the monkeys and the fowl of the air and every speices, endangered or otherwise. So God created Man in His own image; tall and well-formed and pale of hue created He him, and nothing at all like the monkey.

And God said, Behold I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of the earth. But ye shalt not smoketh it, lest it giveth you ideas. And to every beast of the earth and every fowl of the air I have given also every green herb, and to them it shall be for meat. But they shall be for you. And the Lord God your Host suggesteth that the flesh of cattle goeth well with that of the fin and the claw; thus shall Surf be wedded unto Turf.

And God saw everything he had made, and he saw that it was very good; and God said, It just goes to show Me what the private sector can accomplish. With a lot of fool regulations this could have taken billions of years. And the evening of the fifth day, which had been the roughest day yet, God said, Thank me it's Friday. And God made the weekend.

soulmate08
Msg: 539
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2009 4:15:23 PM

like god is so pi$$ed off with adam and eve he casts them angrily out with all sorts of curses... to their fate..
yet "another god". soon after. teaches man about skins and fire and other survival techniques on the planet ..

The ot of the bible is based on the torah and the G-D of the torah....
Their interpretation of the adam and eve story.. and G-Ds reaction... is very different to the story theology teaches christians about it...
ie..jewish adam and eve...1 G-D
2.christian version of adam and eve.. = Different type of G-D
so based on your eg of that' G-D' it would appear he had duality from a christian point of story..

I would like to see evidence of this, or is it something you got from Hethan.com

Its quite well known for those that look for truth of origin in cultures/philosophies and religions etc...
Ok I found a source, citing from the original christian teachings.. and how they came about...http://www.gospelway.com/church/holy_days.php

Respecting... that its not from a heathen point of view...
Now Im only giving the easter one here..b/c its very long... but on this site ..you can also learn.. how paganism and early christianity... co joined...
The Term "Easter"
"The word Easter is derived from that of the Saxon goddess Eastre, the same deity whom the Germans proper called Ostara, and honoured ... as the divinity of the dawn" - Catholic Dictionary, p. 283.

"The Eng. word comes from the AS Eastre or Estera, a Teutonic goddess to whom sacrifice was offered in April, so the name was transferred to the paschal feast" - International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 889.

"According to Bede, the name Easter is derived from Eostre, an Anglo-Saxon goddess whose festival was held in the spring." - Baker's Dictionary of Theology, p. 175.

"The English word 'Easter,' however, corresponding to the German Oster, reveals Christianity's indebtedness to the Teutonic tribes of central Europe. Christianity, when it reached the Teutons, incorporated in its celebration of the great Christian feast day many of the heathen rites and customs which accompanied their observance of the spring festival" - Encyclopedia Britannica, Vol. 7, p. 859.

It will also show you.. the difference between whats actually in the bible.. and what religion added.. in tradition... which does not come from the bible..

How would you explain that Good Friday was also the day that Jesus was slain for our sins?

This once again is not biblical, that he died on a friday.... that is a religion assumption .. and taught as fact..(and is against biblical teaching...) Those who based their religion upon jewish ways... assumed he died on a friday.. b/c it mentions he had to be taken down before the sabbath..(it actually shows the ignorance for the jewish history/religion and culture..otherwise they would celebrate jesus death on the right day)
The bible does not say he died on a friday.. at all.

The bible says...
He was arrested on passover.... Now this is where its important.. to go back in history.. the time/beliefs..age etc customs/culture to get a true and accurate version of events,... not just follow a theological/religious tradition..

So at passover.. jewish have special sabbaths...
Truly if you read your bible where he was arrested...
research what passover was.. remember jesus was jewish and was celebrating jewish tradition...

Now this is where it gets tricky...1 of jesus prophecy .. to his disciples.. was..(cant quote the scripture).. that like jonah.. he would be in the earth for 3 days then rise...
this is a fundamental.. prophecy in proving the rising again..

so if someone celebrates/believes he died on friday..rose on sunday morning.. then they do not believe what the bible teaches.. ie be in the earth 3 days...
that does not make jeus a fake... but it makes easter a fake..of the true jesus..
so on passover.. and the special sabbath.. jesus. could of been crucified on the day before the special sabbath.. and been in the ground.. until sunday morning.. hence being in the ground for 3 days..
he from the bible if what jeus is quoted as saying is true in the bible..
could not of died on a friday.
religion contradicts alot of the bible...

Oh wow, one of my friends is also born on the 14th January, does that make her Jesus' twin?

the bible shows you he was not born on december..(once again its a religious theology not a biblical 1) if you check out that link above.. you will find why christians celebrate that date..

Christmas is: "The 25th of December, on which the Church celebrates Christ's birth" - Catholic Dictionary, p. 161.

"Christmas ... the anniversary of the birth of Christ, and its observance; celebrated by most Protestants and by Roman Catholics on December 25 ... The word Christmas is formed of Christ + Mass, meaning a mass of religious service in commemoration of the birth of Christ" - Zondervan's Pictorial Bible Dictionary, p. 162f.

Origin
"In the East, and later in the West, Christ's birthday was observed on January 6th in connection with his baptism, a day on which the pagan world celebrated the feast of Dionysus, associated with the lengthening of the days ... In Rome, December 25th is attested as the day of Christ's birth in 336. It was introduced perhaps by Constantine the Great who evidently chose the day because of the popular pagan feast of the sun" - Baker's Dictionary of Theology, p. 117.

"The first mention of its observance on December 25 is in the time of Constantine, about A.D. 325" - Zondervan's Pictorial Bible Dictionary, pp. 162f.
Remember jesus was verified by astrologers.(means wise men). yes your versions will say astrologers...in early manuscripts.. they would of been babylonians... (who mapped the sky, back then)
the bible does not say there were 3.... check your bible.. that again is a religious tradition/belief..

if you go back to astronomy.. which maps ancient skies as well. there was an event... where alot of planets lined up.. the king planets.. signifying kingship... it was in the constellation of aries.. the lamb.. which also is israels sign...
jupiter was very apparent.. and shone like a morning star... in other words. it could be seen after dark.. in the sky... it is this astronomers..(not astrolgers) say is accurate could be followed.. hence verifying scripture... I forget the year.. but it was sometime in april..

The calendar we all use world wide, the time of the day (non daylight saving time, this is defying God) is a calendar built on the time of Jesus. Are you also going to defy this?

When the romans took over alot of the world... they enforced the christian calander...
they also owned uk.. we are part of uk.. and a christian calander...
so no.. not the whole world follows the christian calander... in fact.. the jewish calander the new year starts in september I think?.. and Im not up to date what year it is for them....
once again.. this is where alot of the intepretations of dates etc got abit hazy/wrong.. b/c
people try to work out bible predictions feasts etc.. from a christian calander.. not the jewish calander...

people either desire truth or they dont..... the bible says donot follow the tradition of men.. with false teachings etc..
its up to an individual to find out if they follow the bible teachings.. or teachings of a religion losely based on the bible..

and this is where the people who know this history/ .. have trouble believing.. the religion version..
and the problem with that.. is underneath all that.. you can find yeshua did exist.. etc..
that is why if you study this.. you will find whats termed the historical jesus..(yeshua) and the mythilogical jesus.( the one catholics based their belief on )
when someone wants to know the truth of what they believe.. it only strengthens .'.real faith.'.
seperating the wheat from the chaff... so to speak.. truth from falseness etc..

peace
 ~Pedro Sanchez~
Msg: 540
Posted: 3/7/2009 2:05:14 AM
I've skipped much on this thread...apart from those forumites who actually profess to have sincere beliefs from either sides of the fence, nothing wrong with agreeing to disagree...very civilised I might add. I do not have it in me to disrespect people's beliefs considering many before me (say a few thousand years worth) have died holding on to their faith or lack of it. Trampling on those is the highest form of arrogance in my mind...some people just have it in them, built in. Cringe-worthy stuff.

The beauty of it all really is that abrasive commentary make it glaringly obvious of the lack of some foundational knowledge of whatever position they've taken. I am betting they haven't read much on their chosen side of the fence and based all their arguments on a 'feeling'. Well, Judge Judy Sheindlin would have a field day on that wouldn't she??? Imagine turning up in court with nothing but a feeling ( I don't feel like I committed murder, I don't feel I have severe bad taste in everything or imposed it on to unsuspecting individuals...). I'm sure she'd throw the book at them and hopefully, the little Gideon's version and not the full leather bound version with old, new testaments plus apocrypha and concordance.

I've chosen my side in that I believe, just...barely...and frankly how could I not really? Yes, I've read the God Delusion too. Some would say that I have chosen to be simple....not very cool at all. Maybe so. There are believers simple and scholarly and there are unbelievers who are just as simple and as scholarly. My quarrel is not with the Elohim, but on religion as a whole. On average, I pray once maybe in 3-5 years....usually when I am in shit, shit and deep shit. Even then, its pretty short....an admittance of hopelessness and surrender really...' G-d bail me out will You? Just this once? Cheers Big Ears.' I don't usually pray even when my heart's broken in a thousand pieces....pfffft...some of us just don't like abusing the privilege. Nor would you see me with my hands up in the air (apart from the occasional double finger) singing hallelujah, buying the latest feel-good WWJD book, going to church on Sundays, midweek and on special occasions ('cept Christmas....but only to keep a child's promise and a memory). Nothing wrong with those things of course, but to me, it points to an organised form of religiosity...I cringe at that a fair bit.

A bit wary of overly zealous believers, especially when their words outweigh their actions. Same with unbelievers whose sole motivation is to be abrasive, and wear their ignorance and contempt as some sort of acceptance badge for the tragically hip, suave and the ultra cool(Gold Member?). I don't mind thumbing my nose with some sort of authority figure...that's punk for you....but G-d? Wow....I draw that line in the sand...cool maybe, let's hope cool enough for hell in winter. But then no such thing as hell, right? I can hope, cos frankly, I've done bits of umm, shameful stuff.

I've got to say, its only my belief in a higher power that stops me from turning into Dexter or Patrick Bateman (American Psycho). G-d give me strength....for one forumite in particular...I feel a strangling urge coming on too strong...
 artylime1
Msg: 541
Posted: 3/7/2009 3:20:01 AM
I believe that Karma will get you if you turn into Dexter or Patrick Bateman. Maybe not instantly, but in the end the inevitable will happen, maybe not even in this life...

We are all destined to feel what it is like to experience what we dish out.....
 ~luvUlongtime~
Msg: 542
Posted: 3/7/2009 5:36:30 AM
I've got to say, its only my belief in a higher power that stops me from turning into Dexter or Patrick Bateman (American Psycho). G-d give me strength....for one forumite in particular...I feel a strangling urge coming on too strong...

Don't strangle me Pedro, it'll make angels cry.

It nice to know the belief in a god stops people doing evil stuff. The Bible is full of laws. Don't do this, that or the other, or else He will know and He will be very angry. The ignorant masses weren't likely to respond to don't do it because it's not very nice.

There's a whole section written in the Bible, with instructions, directly dictated from God supposedly, on what to do if one's penis starts oozing. 7 days and 7 nights of no nookie, wash with salt water, etc. Well, you couldn't very well tell the peasants about germs could you? Just say, God said do it like this or your sheep will all die, or something. Don't commit adultery, don't kill anyone, wash behind your ears... or you'll go to hell. Some people are so thick they can't work out good and bad for themselves. Same applies today.

As Maxwell Smart might say, if only god could be used for good instead of evil.

(Has anyone ever noticed that good, is god with one less 'o' and evil is devil with a 'd'? Spooky!)
 Faux Pa
Msg: 543
Posted: 3/7/2009 6:59:14 AM

. . . many before me (say a few thousand years worth) have died holding on to their faith or lack of it.

Yes . . and I wonder why we still see it today. A comment on mans progress, no doubt.

I've chosen my side in that I believe, just...barely...and frankly how could I not really?

Time to get off the fence Father Pedro.

But maybe it's about faith alone . . and faith was once described to me thus:

"Leap, and the net will appear"
Sooo . . are ya feelin' lucky, Father?

(Has anyone ever noticed that good, is god with one less 'o' and evil is devil with a 'd'? Spooky!)

Haha . . love your work, but gaaawd . . . let's not start that again. Begin reading at Message # 84 and all will be revealed.
 ~Pedro Sanchez~
Msg: 544
Posted: 3/7/2009 4:38:03 PM
Don't strangle me Pedro, it'll make angels cry.

No darling...no can do. You know long legs and slender necks are my weaknesses.

Time to get off the fence Father Pedro. But maybe it's about faith alone . . and faith was once described to me thus: "Leap, and the net will appear" Sooo . . are ya feelin' lucky, Father?

But I am off the fence Popsicle....not straying too far though, just in case there is a rampaging bull around the corner. Don't want to be caught with my pants down in the middle of the field (doing one of two things....streaking across or doing the business). Err, I am still on baby steps so I should say with Huggies down instead of pants down....the blue not the pink one. I do feel lucky, but I am not wearing anything red (especially a red nappy and a cape) just at the minute. I ain't leaping anywhere without a parachute...or at least some water in that bucket. Just some standard applicable universal law, is all.

For myself, I do have a yearning for the infinite....the bleakness offered by being agnostic or an atheist is not a very inviting offer...sorry, but no thanks, I'll take the free dinner and the pinot gris though. Why bother with laws and abiding in those silly rules? Is it not ingrained in us (somehow coded in...that's another mystery right there) to have a sense of justice? If there is no after-life, then there's no ultimate justice, no? Just a quiet nothingness where everybody is asleep, nobody is snoring, or wanking, and you lie there conscious or unconscious of the fact that you're awake but can't get up and turn the lights on and make tea. Might as well give up and lead a hedonistic wanton lifestyle now (and the occasional murder spree for people you don't like...such as the taxman, the divorce lawyer, the odd accountant who shits me no end, those couple happily madly inlove over there - how dare they be happier than me). Although I am sure that in itself is an empty pursuit. From experience (except the murder part).

I've seen some pretty disturbing stuff (like most of us here...maybe), machete'd bodies of men, pregnant women and children, incredible injustices that for me denying the existance of G-d, means someone is getting away with murder and will continue to do so time and again, unless caught - but even then what? Without being a party pooper, I do have a sense of justice in me and a sense of eternity (don't ask me to explain...I can't). Meanwhile, I live just like any run-of-the-mill atheist or agnostic....no better than they (but somewhat teeny-weeny bit better off, if there be a G-d or life eternal at the end of the course on the account that I acknowledged the existence of a Big Boss, not that I am an ass kisser or anything - only certain asses - shaddap a certain individual, may I bring to your attention Pedro Sanchez' Official Secrets Act ratified February 27th 2009? Thank you).
 qldblue
Msg: 545
Posted: 3/8/2009 1:44:13 AM
Re message 570

All you have to do is type virgin births and you can then take your pick of what link you want to look at.

Have fun
 *Imogine*
Msg: 546
Posted: 3/8/2009 8:14:00 AM

All you have to do is type virgin births and you can then take your pick of what link you want to look at.

Or you could try a search on the Immaculate Conception. Also full of good reading. Some of the articles I have read don't just speak of the Immaculate Conception of Jesus.

Why is it, or so it appears to me, for something that is viewed as a myth, have so much proof of why it is a myth, when all one has to do is get a copy of the Holy Bible to find the truth about all these misconceptions.
 Trulio
Msg: 547
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2009 8:09:56 PM
Just pull down your pants.

There are secrets and then there are secrets. There is a Toronto writer -
cannot remember her name -who wrote a book called 'Authentic Passion'. I am
not sure if it is in her book or not or if it is in an article in the Utne
magazine, but there is something contemporaneous: the
relationless relationship. To have a relation implies a lack of
individuality, a freedom to be who one is.

The implication is, based on the Utne article, is that a relationless relationship means that when the other speaks, it is not from the other mouth, but that is, the words are spoken by
'my mouth', in those are my words.

She is my mouth, and we are one not two. She is my partner, she is part of Me. There is no dualism in a relationless relationship, there is the union of wills, minds, etc., so
inferred there is silence in knowledge, there is no need to relate separate
needs, perceptions, etc. There is a sense of 'bi-polarity' but not of
uniqueness or seperate independent egos. If there was there would be no true
marriage of minds, and intertwining of hearts.

By the way,she is asking a question of you. She is sincere, you are the
only one it seems that communicates with you. Don't you think you should wish her well
now that you have learned about her recent illness? I think that she admires
much the content of your thoughts, and she is not just using you as her mole
to uncover information that she could not find herself.

She appears to be attracted to you, albeit in an almost unholy way.

I wrote once a letter to a woman but never sent it. In it I said:

"You move the air that pleases me...Rosi, it snowed last night a bit. It
felt cold last night. In the dark, it was just you and me, I am talking to
my cat. There wasn't a sound, I am slowly becoming blue. Nina Simone sings
"he presses his fingers to my lips, keep still in the dark, soon he will be
gone, and to be missed. Born in the dark"

My understanding is confirmed in the first person declaration. You Rosita
move the air that pleases....Now if I were to observe this in myself, then
what would stop me from observing this in something, someone elsewhere?

Perhaps what I am saying is that perhaps you move the air that pleases
someone else...and you make them blue. Where there is strife there is love,
where there is strife there is possible friendship. Like only knows like, it
recognizes it-self in everything.

Empedocles said that love is the basic force in the universe and Aristotle
said of his view that his was, Empedocle's view, the most consistent view
of the universal substance contained in the universe. Why might you ask.
Well the answer is not hard, but easy according to Aristotle and Empedocles.
The answer is that love is an act and it attempts to unite, to bring into
one. Love gathers everything into one [Empedocles]. What was apparently
divided, perhaps the individual, or the individuals from each other in a
transcient dis-grouping, is now gathered together. That which is alike cannot
be gathered together since it is already one. Take heed...
 ~Pedro Sanchez~
Msg: 548
Posted: 3/8/2009 8:59:31 PM
Take heed...

Si, si....claro, claro. Muchas gracias mi hermano. Thanks also for the Sarah Bonnyman cobalt blue pottery. Love it...part of the daily routine, and I'd sure be lost without it.
 dimeadozen
Msg: 549
Posted: 3/8/2009 9:20:29 PM
^^^Message 585 is a tad too profound for me. In the words of the great guru, "Please explain!!"

Is it supposed to be in this thread?
 Robe63
Msg: 550
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2009 10:08:13 PM
My sweet lady...GOD is here. I lost my dad at 13 and had to go to work...I have raised 4 beautiful children, payed about $200,000 in child support, been stabbed twice and shot at three times and I am still alive...go figure...I BELIEVE>>>
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > simple question - do you believe in a god?