Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aanarchist
Msg: 114
Why do men act like they are always busy?Page 4 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Because if he makes himself too available then you WILL lose interest in him every single time. Don't believe me? When was the last time you dated someone who always made time for you? If that's not the reason then he might've lost interest and didn't have the heart to tell you so.
 YesALOLOMG
Msg: 115
Why do men act like they are always busy?
Posted: 11/27/2013 8:45:29 PM
Maybe cause they actually are...
 rosewood_girl
Msg: 116
Posted: 11/27/2013 10:46:28 PM
Drop him, I had a guy tell me he was too busy and didn't have time to talk, but yet I saw him on this site for hours on end talking to other women. He is lying to you. If a guy was truly interested, he would make time for you. I should of said something, and put him on the spot, but I didn't.
 greshamgirl30
Msg: 117
Posted: 11/28/2013 11:00:22 AM
maybe they have changed their mind and decided not to get to know you.
 elmuchoburrito
Msg: 118
Posted: 11/28/2013 12:18:03 PM
work, school, gym, translation projects, political side work, blogging and riding motorcycles
I am busy.
it is why I don't date. I have been told countless times to 'Go get a life' so I did.
and when I did - I found I didn't need dating. Just here for the spectator sport of it all.
 sweetpe4u
Msg: 119
Posted: 11/28/2013 1:01:57 PM
Anyone who tells you they are busy is not interested. If they were, they'd make time.
 PlentyofThis123
Msg: 120
Posted: 11/29/2013 3:40:24 AM
Let me ask this.

I wonder if there is something genuine about this IF you see this statement IN the dating profile.

"He must understand that I'm very busy with my career, children, college, etc and that I may not be available for you as much as you may be available for me."

Seeing something like that would discourage me from contacting this person though in the first place.
 sweetpe4u
Msg: 121
Posted: 11/29/2013 7:36:05 AM
^^^^ I would automatically dismiss anyone with that kind of disclaimer on their profile. Although they are being upfront, it is likely a MAJOR deterrent for most.
 PlentyofThis123
Msg: 122
Posted: 11/29/2013 8:22:16 AM

I would automatically dismiss anyone with that kind of disclaimer on their profile. Although they are being upfront, it is likely a MAJOR deterrent for most.

Yeah, it's like "Sorry, I'll put you near the scooping of the dead family gold fish out of the tank that went unnoticed for a week on my list of priorities in my life. I'll get to our lunch date as soon as I get a chance of getting around to flushing him." LOL

Right, at least at first complete one of those things you have going on in your life before even dating.

Wait until the kids get older, wait until you graduate college, etc.
 ae86drift
Msg: 123
Posted: 11/29/2013 12:39:05 PM
EASY
1. they probably think your not hot
2. Your not attractive.
3. Your too old.
4. Your not good looking
5. You seem so Desperate.

Otherwise they will go out with you anytime
Source : me hahahahaha
 sigungq
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2013 3:45:11 PM
I can't speak for others, but I'm usually busier than a one legged man in an a$$ kicking contest....... But that wouldn't stop me from dating........... If only I can find someone to date..........
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 126
Posted: 2/9/2014 10:41:22 PM

I start talking to someone or go out with someone and they act like they are oh so busy all the time. Why do they do this?

Because they've lost or are losing interest. Simple as that.

They act like they want to get to know you and say that but then act like they have no time to date.

Because they're not going to tell you how interested in you they are in exact words. Many times They don't know how interested they are in you.

What do you do in these cases, do you tell them from the start? I am busy as well but please this is nuts.

It's nuts if you Believe them, though too. :) Interest in someone is measured by priority. If they're more interested in doing all the Xs and Os of their routine day, including relaxing and doing other things they like to do -- over seeing you -- they're not that interested.

Some are actually really busy people. Those people won't think they're lying because they are actually busy. But that's not The reason why they're not seeing ya. In the moment, they're interested, but it fleets away because at the end of the day, no, they're not that interested. It will take someone who's a better catch to make them more interested and move them up the priority chain.

OR, like a decent % of them are -- are not really busy from day G -> Z. They just don't want to see ya.
 cooldog65
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2014 2:19:32 AM
^^^^^ Congrats on 10 years on POF. Did they acknowledge the milestone?

Back on topic...If somebody is into you, they always find a way to see you. It's that simple. You're welcome.
 Princess12524
Msg: 128
Posted: 2/10/2014 4:49:09 AM
If I was getting treated a certain way, I's think to see how I am contributing too this...

In that case, I'd stop doing online & change myself so as not to attract those situations into my life anymore.

online has too many "undateables" IMO...
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 129
Posted: 2/10/2014 3:17:45 PM
You have some people that have lots of free time and they just expect everyone else to have as much free time as they do. Be it due to lack of any hobies or a job where they get lots of time off. Or even make there own hours, Where they can take a few hours off during the day.
A lot of it is depands on your outlook what is free time and your life style as well.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 130
Posted: 2/10/2014 8:10:13 PM

^^^^^ Congrats on 10 years on POF. Did they acknowledge the milestone?

Yeah, I think I made Forum Addict hall of fame - lol.

If somebody is into you, they always find a way to see you. It's that simple.

Yes, or at least reach out to see you by setting up an aimed date to see ya, even if it's tentative.

Whether it be other dating prospects or work or kids trumping it all -- lack of interest is lack of interest.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 131
Posted: 2/10/2014 8:33:04 PM

You have some people that have lots of free time and they just expect everyone else to have as much free time as they do. Be it due to lack of any hobies or a job where they get lots of time off. Or even make there own hours, Where they can take a few hours off during the day.
A lot of it is depands on your outlook what is free time and your life style as well.

Yes, I always say if I am too busy for someone they may need to find more stuff to do.
 PlentyofThis123
Msg: 132
Posted: 2/11/2014 2:44:38 AM

Yes, I always say if I am too busy for someone they may need to find more stuff to do.

Not necessarily, they would just need to find someone that isn't too busy for them.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 133
Posted: 2/11/2014 4:40:07 AM

Not necessarily, they would just need to find someone that isn't too busy for them.

In my case I work a couple jobs, have a fairly decent social life and like to guarantee I get some alone time in my schedule (I used to work a third job, go to school full time as well and have been slacking off at the gym, so I am actually less busy than I used to be). The rest is free time to apply elsewhere. This is not a hugely packed schedule.

Most should have just about the same amount of things going on - if they don't, then they will find my schedule hectic. That won't be because it actually is.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 134
Posted: 2/11/2014 7:13:02 AM
^^^^^
+1

I worked 4 jobs until about 2 weeks ago. Now I'm down to 3 again, the ideal is to find someone who is just as busy or capable of being busy so he's not up my crack all the time.

Let's do one better, someone with enough money to take one of my jobs off my plate so that I can spend more time with him, lol.
 PlentyofThis123
Msg: 135
Posted: 2/11/2014 2:41:54 PM

I worked 4 jobs until about 2 weeks ago. Now I'm down to 3 again, the ideal is to find someone who is just as busy or capable of being busy so he's not up my crack all the time.

Ah, some people just work to live, others...live to work. ;-) Might want to find your match based on that. Though I don't see the satisfaction of working 4 jobs unless you're living beyond your means or paying off debts?

Of course, I work a basic 9 to 5 job, 40 hrs a week, I couldn't be happier. ;-) I wouldn't dare go beyond that to work other jobs, unless I had to of course.

I go out and socialize with my social circles, though, I do find dates through social circles as well...so thus a double benefit.
 activemelaney
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2014 4:15:42 PM
I find people who claim to always be busy just plain boring. yawn.

They have messed up priorities or incapable of organizing their life efficiently. I have never worked more than one job...managed to raise 2 daughters...go to the gym and have lots of time for my partner.

Each to their own but the 'busy' word in profiles was a turn off.
 PlentyofThis123
Msg: 137
Posted: 2/11/2014 5:20:18 PM

I have never worked more than one job...managed to raise 2 daughters...go to the gym and have lots of time for my partner.

Yeah, single people...with kids...are the ones that can actually claim to be "too busy" than those who don't have kids, however, they still capable of making time to date. ;-)
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 138
Posted: 2/12/2014 12:20:56 AM

Each to their own but the 'busy' word in profiles was a turn off.

^^^Agreed!
====

Because if you're too available her pea brain tells her you're not valuable

Take that back! I know you don't mean it.....unless it is a sweet-pea....?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >