Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 circle-circle
Msg: 453
Guys don't want to be just friends, but girls do, why is that?Page 9 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
You are in the friend zone, and got there by ignoring her basic desire for friendship with you, and nothing else. Then you decided to wait it out in hopes that something would change, but she has already made up her mind, and will not change it. So you are waiting around uselessly and hopelessly to see if things changed. I am sure she will come by or call you with some other guy one day she is really into, or you will catch her making out with some guy at a party or out on a date...take a hint if you are in the friend zone and spare yourself the heartache. Girls do want to date some guys and be friends with others...just because you feel attraction doesn't mean that she does. Too many people assume if they feel something, that this automatically means that their feelings will be reciprocated. Otherwise the person (who was never interested) 'broke their heart'...
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 454
Guys don't want to be just friends, but girls do, why is that?
Posted: 10/16/2012 3:39:29 PM
I'll never understand this, if she hasn't asked you out, slept with you, kissed you..SHE IS NOT INTERESTED...lol
 the_biggavell
Msg: 456
Posted: 2/19/2013 5:15:52 AM
I dont understand how this could have gone on so long.

Guys do NOT want to be friends with you ladies.. its quite simple.. we want some ass.

the only way you qualify being a friend to us is if we dont like you, and cant fathom being attracted to you. In essence, that makes you an ugly b.itch, or we think of you as a sister, mother.

Women not understanding this, forces guys to go to our lowest level of being-- lying.

And we will lie to get some ass, so sure we can be friends, so i can manipulate you into giving up what you hold dear, ****.. and after making me wait so long, and its not even good??!! I leave your ass.. thats why ladies you get heartbroken and ****ed up!!! Cut out this friendship bullshi.t. we will act as friends for years!!!!

Its such a cruel thing social contracts have done.. because you want love before you give sex, but a guy is only willing to love you after he gets sex! And the love we give you is equivalent to your pus.sy. ----when its not really that special!

If you. Find yourself attracted to a guy, put it out there. You already know what he wants, if hes talking to you, at the root of it... its to find out if he can get some ass.

This could be general knowledge by now.. ladies why dispute this?? When youve had a number of men confirm this to be true??

women are just not interested in about what a man is from a man, and having the humbleness to ask.

Im very passionate about this stuff. Im not into seeing people unhappy when it comes to finding a significant other, and in relationships
 rockstar_ocnj
Msg: 457
Posted: 2/19/2013 7:41:02 AM
Guys will be friends with women. We do it all the time.

You're looking at a dating website. Ofc most people on here are going to be looking to date, not just be friends, that shouldn't come as a surprise.
 Proteaus
Msg: 458
Posted: 2/19/2013 9:35:01 AM
When a woman places a man into the so called friend zone it is because she think he will be useful to her .I have seen men in the friend zone jump through hoops trying to impress the woman who friend zoned them in an attempt to get her attention .All the while she just smiles and continues to use that man . I will never entertain the notion of being friend zoned . Only women I know that I consider friends are family . Only have room for one non family woman in my life as a S/O . Unfortunately finding a one man woman in this day and age is rather difficult . Seems they all just want to play the field .
 nirvanawithu
Msg: 459
Posted: 2/19/2013 12:19:50 PM
Because it's human nature to want it all with as least effort as possible, and society has made it quite easy to lessen a man's value. How many times have you heard "I don't need a man, but I enjoy the company of one"

Quite simply, many women don't want to "put up with us". They usually have plenty of attention from guys on social media or dating sites to interact with; a large percentage have a dog or cat for real life companionship; sexual gratification comes from a fresh pair of batteries, and most repairs or other things are just a phone call away.

If they feel they're putting too much effort into a relationship or become tired of working to keep it alive, you are easily replaced in most regards. Labeling you as a friend means she wants the benefit of you in her life while telling you at the same time to forget about being a man.

That's NOT a fair trade...
 rockstar_ocnj
Msg: 460
Posted: 2/19/2013 12:32:12 PM
I think a lot of you are confusing being friends with being in the friend zone.

A guy and a girl can be friends without that attraction. There's tons of cases of that out there. It all comes down to how social of a person you are.
 jjoenyc73
Msg: 461
Posted: 2/19/2013 12:52:52 PM
There is no reason to be friends with them. Guys hang out with guys to DO stuff or chase women. Unless she will be your wing-women there is no point. That being said, they friend zone us and we friend zone with benefits. Anything else is usually a waste of time.Most friendships are based on mutual Using of the other person otherwise their would be no friendship. It can be for conversation, to hang out, etc but the dynamic is still there. In these cross gender relationships the guy generally gets used for emotional support same way a women chats up her women friends. Unless shes making him sandwiches(that's what 1 night stands are for) what the hell is the guy getting?lol. Nothing.
 bottleguy
Msg: 462
Posted: 2/19/2013 1:09:50 PM
I mostly agree with jjoenyc. I find the stuff women talk about to be painful. Seriously, I wanna just get up and walk away. I have little or nothing in common with most women so why waste my time talking to them unless I'm trying for a little something extra.
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 463
Posted: 2/19/2013 1:16:09 PM
These types of women want to be "just friends" with you because that gives them free reign to bang all the losers/douchebags/dbds they can find, sometimes getting knocked up by one of these winners, and then they can still be "friends" with the nice or good guys.

Meaning= they dont like yiu enough to actually want a relationship with you(usually because you're "nice",) and that would mean they would have common sense, and actually be smart. But often times, no, they want to be friends with you, while theyve become the village bicycle, and then later cry and whine about how they "cant find good men".

Consider yourself lucky, you've dodged a huge bullet.
 ksayer1
Msg: 464
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2013 4:39:18 PM
Wow you guys on here who have no women friends have no chance at having a good lasting relationship. You are only thinking of your needs and have no clue what a real relationship is. Good luck with that.
I have a lot of male friends and it isnt because i am ugle or they have never been attracted to me or because i need them to do stuff around my house. I guess we ''use'' eachother because we make eachother laugh, listen to eachothers problems, i give them wife/gf advice and they tell me to be patient and dont give up on men lol!! when they r single i have played ''wing man'' we really are friends and half of them have shown interest at one time or another, a couple are x's. I think this may be a good question to ask the next guy i date. If he doesn't have any female friends i just might steer clear of him.
 wonderland013
Msg: 465
Posted: 2/19/2013 6:34:42 PM
^^^^ good luck to anyone who believes that crap.. guys should stay clear of women who believe this.
 rockstar_ocnj
Msg: 466
Posted: 2/19/2013 6:59:09 PM
^^^ Do you ever wonder why you're single?

You guys don't get it.

The friend zone is where guys who are rejected go when she's not "mean enough" to be honest.

But a guy and a girl who have a mutual lack of sexual attraction to each other, can easily be friends with each other. Most of my friends are girls. There's never been a single thing that's happened with any of them like what you guys seem to think happens.

If you're a guy, and you're incapable of honestly being friends with a girl. Dating should be the last thing on your mind...
 Proteaus
Msg: 467
Posted: 2/19/2013 7:16:10 PM
The woman will use such a man for whatever she can get , out of her so called male friend. I have heard women talking about their friend zoned men as if they were servants .Maby you can be a friend but I am sorry I can not go that route .Besides I figure there are plenty of other men that can be a woman's friend to be useful to her . Far as I am concerned that can pack that friend zone bs .
 rockstar_ocnj
Msg: 468
Posted: 2/19/2013 8:02:12 PM
Friend zoned men and friends aren't the same thing.

There's a huge key difference: She actually wants to do things with her friends, the friend zone is just for when she needs you. They are NOT the same thing. Friends are actually a part of her life, the others aren't.

Tell me, when my friend takes me out, and she pays for an expensive dinner for me. Or when another friend gave me 2 tickets for a concert so I can bring a girl on a really cool date... How were they using me? Especially when I did nothing but gain in those situations?
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 469
Posted: 2/19/2013 8:54:23 PM

^^^ Do you ever wonder why you're single?

You guys don't get it.

The friend zone is where guys who are rejected go when she's not "mean enough" to be honest.

But a guy and a girl who have a mutual lack of sexual attraction to each other, can easily be friends with each other. Most of my friends are girls. There's never been a single thing that's happened with any of them like what you guys seem to think happens.

If you're a guy, and you're incapable of honestly being friends with a girl. Dating should be the last thing on your mind...

Careful, a feminist might come by and get all angry and bitter with you about your response. Oh, and claim you;re a "woman hater", that's another term they love to throw around. Spot on otherwise.
 ksayer1
Msg: 470
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2013 9:21:42 PM
I am friends with men when there was mutual sexual attraction but for one reason or another i was not going to date them. Real friends, not ''friend zone'' or paint my kitchen friends, i have never done that.
I don't see a bunch of woman haters in here but a lot of fragile egos.

Next post down,
Hahahahah!hehehehe! Guess i have been doing this wrong hahaha!
 1WishList
Msg: 471
Posted: 2/19/2013 9:28:22 PM
We're slaves to the attention, knowing full-well that these men only want to bed us, all the while pretending we have no clue about this.
It's a complete ego massage and we love it.
WE are in control and YOU are not.
Accept it.
Now, choose to hang around or choose Not to.
But, know the ways we women work these situations and deal with it.
Capisci?
 tooborednow
Msg: 472
Posted: 2/19/2013 9:47:50 PM

But a guy and a girl who have a mutual lack of sexual attraction to each other, can easily be friends with each other.

Sexual attraction isn't an absolute.
If it was I'd still get sexually excited by the same people I did when I was 9 (I don't).
You change, they change, perspective changes.
Human beings are opportunists.

How many forums, movies, or personal stories have you come across asking/saying "we've been friends for so long but I'm starting to get this vibe they want more," or, "I fell in love with my friend, how do I get them to want more," or, "this one night, I was feeling low and my friend was consoling me, and there was alcohol involved, one thing led to another and it just happened!"

A guy and a girl who have a mutual lack of sexual attraction to each other can easily be friends with each other for awhile, it will always have a shelf life.
After the age of puberty their bodies and psyches are going to adapt to the situation in order to try and fulfill the basic fundamental of being human. Mating and procreating.
How many times have you heard "don't date your coworkers?" How about company relationships are forbidden? Don't shit where you eat? How many sexual harassment videos, seminars, workshops have you had to go through?
What is still the number one place to meet your mate? Work.

If something always has a shelf life, when does it run out? Relationships don't have a "best when used by" date.
At any moment, at any time, under any circumstance the motives of one or both people in the relationship can change.
The behavior may be the same, but there may be ulterior motives pushing towards one outcome, with it slowly devolving into all sorts of problems.

If someone denies it, forces themselves to look at the other person as a friend, only a friend, stuck in a friend "zone" come hell or high water, then they are ultimately using the other person as an extension of their own ego, as a means to promote their social image, group hierarchy. They aren't really friends in a traditional sense of emotional closeness and support, although they may give the appearance of such. They are simply sticking their head in the sand to live up to a socially trained ideal, using the other person to validate it, and hoping for the best.
In which case they are manipulating a facade in order to maintain an illusion, which people have random success at keeping up, and leads to all sorts of other problems.

Some men would prefer avoiding the devolving into all sorts of problems, so do not wish to stick their heads in the sand to take the short term opportunity of female "friend," preferring to avoid the situation altogether.

when my friend takes me out, and she pays for an expensive dinner for me. Or when another friend gave me 2 tickets for a concert so I can bring a girl on a really cool date... How were they using me?

By offering evidence to support their own image of being "good" people.
By fulfilling social obligations and the social contract of any group.
There is always the possibility they are doing this because they want you to change your mind on how you see them, they may not be aware of it themselves. In that case they aren't "using" you so much as using your relationship to foster more positive associations towards them and possible obligations to them for what they "really" want.
 wonderland013
Msg: 474
Posted: 2/19/2013 11:15:53 PM
nah lol real men arent friends with women.. they are dating them..

go read another dating book haha.
 bluefish7070
Msg: 475
Posted: 2/20/2013 12:01:08 AM

the only ones who are slaves are the ones that allow themselves to be slaves.

if you get your kicks from having such men around, you are a sad excuse for a human being.
and so are those men around you.

hai capito?
 RussArtLover
Msg: 477
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2013 4:07:32 AM
Most of my friends for the last 20 years are female. Best move I ever made. Keeps me out of a lot of trouble :)
Try it. Make up your mind you're never having sex and mean it. Go workout together, learn to cook something besides frozen diners. Let one pick out a few clothes next time you need a shirt. Your girlfriends will thank you.
 ksayer1
Msg: 478
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2013 5:22:36 AM
Handlesit, if you took ''sex'' out of your post you would be describing possibilities of any friendship.
For you men who have no reason to be friends with a woman, what do you do outside of having sex and how many women have left you stating ''you dont meet their needs?''

Men seem to feel like they shouldn't have to control the urge to have sex. Or that sex should be the primary ''goal'' in a relationship. Women are sexually attracted to their guy friends often, but there are more important reasons then sex to choose not to date them. If sex is all you have to offer eachother it is going to be short lived anyway.
 ksayer1
Msg: 480
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2013 6:22:04 AM
^^^^^^^^^^
''i dont recall her saying i didn't meet her needs in any way''

Um ya right.
A. You didn't listen
B. You didn't care
C. She did you a disservice by not telling you
I wonder how many of the men who won't be friends with women on here broke up because
A. She stopped having sex with you
B. She cheated on you (no one should ever cheat people should grow up and end it, but women usually cheat because they find someone who she feels better meets her mental and emotional needs, not from a lack of sex)
C. You are still scratching your heads wondering why she ended it because you were happy, so why wasn't she?
 rockstar_ocnj
Msg: 481
Posted: 2/20/2013 7:10:51 AM

A guy and a girl who have a mutual lack of sexual attraction to each other can easily be friends with each other for awhile, it will always have a shelf life.
After the age of puberty their bodies and psyches are going to adapt to the situation in order to try and fulfill the basic fundamental of being human. Mating and procreating.

Still... Doesn't mean a guy and a girl can't just be friends, where the guy ONLY wants to be friends.

Argue all you want, but I'm proof that what I'm saying is true.

There's way more to life than sex. Go get laid, maybe once you have sex off your mind you can learn how to be friends with people.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >