Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > Between Worlds      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Alyosha
Msg: 161
Between WorldsPage 7 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
I love the quiet, confiding way this unfolds until, in the final verse, it just rises as effortlessly as dreams do.
 Alyosha
Msg: 163
Between Worlds
Posted: 12/26/2007 4:50:29 AM
Oh God, what a bleak ending! What a scary ending - to such a magnificent poem, such a tight wonderfully economical poem!
 Alyosha
Msg: 165
Between Worlds
Posted: 12/26/2007 12:03:21 PM
Wow! There is a wonderfully serene, hymnlike quality to this. Notwithstanding the reference to the/an absent one, it is a song of thanksgiving.
 offroadjeep
Msg: 166
that is great
Posted: 12/26/2007 12:21:15 PM
thats great and if you will alow me to ad one this is what it is

Heart ache

I hear of friends saying that they are afraid of tacking a chance on a relation ship because of being afraid of getting hurt well here is what I think over the years are hearts have been broken. How can they not brake when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody comes in to your life and changes every thing? But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect .so we need to feel blessed to have lived long enough to have loved and lost. And to have shed some tears and smiled with love and excitement of having a new person come into are lives. So many have never laughed, and so many have died before they had the chance to experience love and laughter, and heart ache. As we get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what people think. And have even earned the right to be wrong. So to have loved and to have lost is what has made me a better person for it. I will not waste time worrying about what could have been, or worrying about what will be. May your friendships never come apart especially when it’s straight from the heart?
 offroadjeep
Msg: 167
friendship
Posted: 12/26/2007 12:25:29 PM
THE MIRACLE OF FRIENDSHIP

THERE'S A "MIRACLE CALLED FRIENDSHIP"
THAT DWELLS WITHIN THE
HEART
AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW
IT HAPPENS
OR WHEN IT GETS ITS START...
BUT THE HAPPINESS IT
BRINGS YOU
ALWAYS GIVES A SPECIAL
LIFT
AND YOU REALIZE THAT
FRIENDSHIP
IS GOD'SMOST PRECIOUS
GIF
 offroadjeep
Msg: 168
i wrote this for a dear friend of mine
Posted: 12/26/2007 12:30:12 PM
TO A FRIEND
When I first heard your voice it was like a whisper from above, I felt the

Excitement and joy run threw my blood.

I did not know what to say or do, I just wonted to be close to you.

As we shared lives stories I came to see, that you were the one meant for me.

So as I stop to Neal and pray I ask that you except me on this special day

For the man that I am and the one that will love you to the end

And love I will show you agean and agean

So I ask you to smile with me and lets begin , and pray together that this won’t end.

As I hope to some day make you my wife lover and friend.

With my love Johnny
06/20/07
 Alyosha
Msg: 170
Between Worlds
Posted: 12/27/2007 5:53:02 AM
This is you, D., at your VERY best! The lyricism, the splendour of the details!, the humour of looking for "a tapas bar with a bad reputation". I'm reminded of a much earlier poem of yours, shortly after your arrival in London, where there was a memorable detail about someone's glasses.
 Alyosha
Msg: 175
Between Worlds
Posted: 12/30/2007 4:29:53 AM
Wow, D., what a brave poem, what a gutsy statement of your personal credo!
Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > Between Worlds