Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 grizzelda
Msg: 3
view profile
History
sacrificing your ideals for casual sex....Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Vinny you know the answer and you know what is right for you and what is important, not anyone else. Dont go around with the thought that if you have sex with someone it might turn into something, that is risky on so many levels to you and your partner adn most likely will cause you more confusion. We all want sex and many of us are not looking to just get off with just anyone. Your values fly in the face of what you are being bombarded with every day. Keep the faith, you will find her and it will be worth it even if she doesnt end up being the one you spend the rest of your life with.
 §püngl䧧
Msg: 7
sacrificing your ideals for casual sex....
Posted: 7/17/2007 2:23:09 PM
Vinny..I've been holding back from having a sexual relationship for different reasons..but the more time that passes by, the more I get the same feeling you do. To be honest, haunting the forum boards as much as I do is helping me gain new perspective, and helping me get over my personal stumbling blocks. All hail to finding a comfort zone you can live with!
 Fun_Jess
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/17/2007 6:15:32 PM
sort of...................

I sometimes think I just need to get out there explore and have sex, there is no big deal, i say it outloud, I just want to have fun...........but then i never do, inside it doesn't make me feel good though i wish it did......

some people can and some people can't, sounds like you can't either.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2007 8:21:21 PM
Vinny, stop making the women #1.
Make 'em work for it.
A female nurse told my mate the truth: Women aren't worth it.
So...if you want to have sex, have sex.
If you want to wait for something special, wait.
But stop whining, and be a man.
Do you really think you have so little to offer that a woman doesn't think you're worth it?
If a woman is offered a Ferrari for $1 from a billionaire because he has too many, and she turns it down, because she doesn't notice the logo, does it make her smart?
Start realising your own worth, and act like it. If the next woman isn't interested, then who knows? You could be with Courtney Love. Then that woman will be kicking her heels. But who cares? You'll be with Courtney Love.

Lol.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/17/2007 9:04:37 PM
~OP~ You know, I've wondered about this very topic. For me, casual encounters aren't an option, but I certainly don't believe everyone should live as I live. I think, for me, I need the closeness that comes with intimacy with someone special much more than the sex itself. There have been times however, when I thought "obviously he's not out there, so why not?" Then I remember "why not" ~ I think I'd be unable to feel good about casual sex after the fact. I'd rather feel good about my decisions than having guilt that I didn't wait. But that's just me ~ if you feel that the other way may work for you ~ give it a try. It just might be something that works for you. JMO
 Sweetlilmeee
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/17/2007 11:23:28 PM
I really can't make that much sense of how your feeling. If your looking for love just try and make connections with people and then let the relationships progress as they will, let sex take a backseat to it. If you can. Or if you'd rather freaking Aye! get laid then go for it just make sure the girl knows its all in good fun.
 nipoleon
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2007 11:07:02 AM
Casual sex IS my ideal, damnit.
Why do you want to ruin my playboy fantasy ?
 hockeymedicine
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2007 8:25:44 PM
any relationship i have entered into solely from sex has failed horribly. so you meet the randon chick at the bar, go back to your place and ****. well, you know **** all about her, and chances the only things you have in common are that you like to drink and make poor decisions. and when you wake up in the morning and the creature from the black lagoon is lying in bed next to you, that will become abundantly clear.
casual sex has its place, and if thats what you seek, thats what youll get. but for casual sex to take a toll on your mental health, you have to have the moral lattitude. its definitely not for everyone!
 Mzzzy
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/25/2007 9:30:03 AM
Passing along the words of my gurl Janis.."If someone comes along..they gonna give ya some love and affection..I say..get it while ya can."
 vhdc
Msg: 51
Posted: 7/25/2007 10:02:57 AM

i think i simply need to get laid so i can get on with my f ucking life....has any 1 else ever felt this way?
Just be prepared for whatever consequences follow.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >