Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women, what do you want from men other than money ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blue eyed nurse
Msg: 426
Women, what do you want from men other than money ? Page 18 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
LOL LOL, who needs a man for money, I sure don't. I am just looking for a real man, who doesn't feel threatened by a woman who makes her own money....lol
but, now if i could get the package deal, it would be, a man who is honest, open minded, fun loving, and one who can hold a conversation, and laugh...and oh, yeah one that enjoys sex.......
 Synnie
Msg: 427
Women, what do you want from men other than money ?
Posted: 3/24/2010 7:26:44 PM
What makes you think that women want men for their money anyways? (unless she's a gold digging skank who doesn't know how to spell the word job)

Why is it so hard for alot of men to fathom being used for sex or companionship? Kinda like a man saying "she gave me head, she must want something"... c'mon now.. NOT ALL WOMEN want much less need your money.

I dont want your $$... I have my own and I'm proud that I bust my ass everyday to earn it the legal way. The most you can do for me is offer me companionship (not a bootycall) because my vibrator cant hold me or talk to me (although it sometimes makes me laugh)...
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 428
Posted: 3/25/2010 7:41:38 AM
^^^We'd prefer a guy who can pay his own bills/expenses, as we do. If we make more than he does and he can't keep up the spending with travel, etc - then that's what our friends are for. Men don't have to have every single thing in common, we can date at their income level - it's a win win, as we save more money.

So it's not necessarily right a woman expects you to spend what she does, same as it's not fair for a man to expect a woman to spend what he does. If you were dumped because you didn't piss money on everything, you were better off. *shrug*
 Juste moi Danielle
Msg: 429
Posted: 3/25/2010 9:19:12 AM

In my experience, women don't necessarily want the guy's money, but they still want him to have money.

As opposed to what, rocks? How do you propose that a man OR anyone for that matter feed, clothe and shelter themselves if not with money?

mibra
Msg: 430
Posted: 3/25/2010 12:34:13 PM

As opposed to what, rocks? How do you propose that a man OR anyone for that matter feed, clothe and shelter themselves if not with money?

I am wondering how many men married poor women actually I mean those in poverty... In that group, most are women (single mums). Some guys may have more excuses not to date them. But I know if I didn't have enough money to spend on myself, I would look much older and uglier than now I am (probably pretty grumpy with poor health due to the living stress)... I wouldn't even get a guy's attention when walking in the street One of my high school classmates married to a rich man when she was 20 and now she's a single mum with 2 kids (got dumped). She once was the prettiest girl in the class! So? Now she looks like at least 10 years older than me. Again YA maybe there are lots reasons to fall into that category but I know people won't care about it at all... The fact is we are living on today and the future... There is no fairy tales. We all have to be realistic
 Juste moi Danielle
Msg: 431
Posted: 3/25/2010 1:26:15 PM

I love watching women fumble and mumble over this issue they try to avoid it the best they can over and over again.

Show the posts where "women fumble and mumble" and where they "try to avoid" this issue.

Women really need to stop LYING about this issue and just come out and admit it.

Again, show the posts where women are LYING. What exactly would they be lying about anyway? That money NOT rocks is what they as well as most people pay their rent/mortgage with?

As the guy above said they might not specifically want a guys money but they still want him to have a certain amount which is really the same thing.

Have I landed is some far away land where money is not the currency that is used to buy what we need to survive???????? Or maybe it's just men who don't need money? Help me here....how does this work? Women should NOT want or need a man to have his OWN money or else they are LYING HYPOCRITES....is that it?

Wow...I wish I could say nice planet but it sounds too much like Earth if you ask me;).

Rarebird76
Msg: 432
Posted: 3/25/2010 1:50:54 PM
No money....no honey.
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 433
Posted: 3/25/2010 2:03:10 PM
^^If that excuse works for you...
Danielle, I think we're reading posts from men who've been rejected for reasons they don't want to share or admit to themselves, so saying it was because they're not wealthy is an easy out.
I mean, they wouldn't want to say it was because they had a lousy personality or were boring in bed, would they? Then they'd have to take responsibility for the rejection. Blaming women is just soooooo easy...
 Rarebird76
Msg: 434
Posted: 3/25/2010 2:47:59 PM

^^If that excuse works for you...
It's not an excuse. Not too many women want a relationship with a broke guy do they? That's my main problem is I'm broke. I have basically all other attributes wanted. So by deduction what is the thing that is left? That's correct: no money. It's just facing reality is all. I'm not 'blaming' simply stating the obvious. That's just how things are...how the cookie crumbles or (insert your favorite related idiom here). I'm past bitter.....past any hate. I have accepted reality. It's fine.
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 435
Posted: 3/25/2010 3:19:48 PM
^You honestly think the poor don't have relationships?
Sorry, It IS an excuse and a really lame one at that. What other attributes do you think women want? Are you kind, are you interesting, do you have hobbies, do you contribute to the world around you? Are you a generous lover? Do you have friends who care about you? Do you actually try and give of yourself to people?
No money/no honey is a cop-out and it ain't gonna help you evolve and grow to just blame women and not take any responsibility yourself.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 436
Posted: 3/25/2010 4:30:42 PM
^^If it takes money to attract women, then clearly you come up short in other departments, OR you go after women who look for money first and everything else second. This does not mean that all women want money, just the ones you happen to deal with. Period.

I am self sufficient, and most if not all my friends are as well. We won't date anyone else who isn't because we simply can't identify with it in a relationship - we prefer someone who takes care of themselves. Call us picky. I don't care if a guy has more money than I do, or less money than I do - I just care that dating him doesn't cost me anything - because dating me doesn't cost anything. That's the end of it.

If you have a debate about that, then you're just looking to argue. And "eh, it doesn't matter what women say because they are all XYZ and won't admit it here" isn't a response unless you can back it up with facts other than your own personal experience.

P.S. If all women who roam the face of the earth want this much money - how should we qualify the threads from men who say all women want to do is date/chase around jobless deadbeat ex cons who treat them like crap and ask why that is?
 =jinx=
Msg: 437
Posted: 3/25/2010 4:37:45 PM
Some people take great comfort in wallowing in delusions about why they aren't getting what they want in life.

Alas, we can't pull these guys out of the quicksand of their own making. On the contrary, they want instead to suck others down into their distorted "reality."

It's best not to feed them.
 katt_411
Msg: 438
Posted: 3/25/2010 5:00:32 PM
WHAT?

You mean there's more than money??

....awesome.
 sweetness-one
Msg: 439
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2010 5:05:39 PM

As the guy above said they might not specifically want a guys money but they still want him to have a certain amount which is really the same thing.

If by "a certain amount" you mean, women like myself expect a man to be self-sufficient and able to pay his own bills? Then I agree with you. Frankly, I don't see why this is an unusual concept; I've been doing so since I was 18, so I don't see why a grown man can't accomplish a task that an 18 year old could do. Further to that, if it bothers you so much, nobody but yourself makes the choice for you to date women whose income is less than yours, so that's on you entirely. ("You" being general in this case, for any man who complains that men don't have a problem dating women who earn less. Nobody asked "you" to, and "you" all have the choice to do otherwise if you would prefer).

What do I want from men other than money? Well, first off, I don't want anything from "men" in general, beyond basic courtesy and respect. From "a" man or "my" man?

I would like kindness, compassion, understanding, patience, genuineness, loving, caring, laughter,all qualities I can share with him as well. Knowing he's okay with either of us feeding the other mushy peas when we're a hundred and two, still laughing together even if we only have two nickels to rub together, being at a rotten company party listening to a complete boor telling horribly boring stories but managing to lock eyes and both *know* we're inwardly about to bust a gut laughing at the azz in question, and just "getting" each other. Knowing even during a bad day kvetch, he has my back, and vice versa. Knowing that nothing shared ever leaves the room. Being at peace with each other, and completely sympatico.

It's great when it happens.
 Juste moi Danielle
Msg: 440
Posted: 3/25/2010 5:10:57 PM
Blaming women is just soooooo easy...

I know FFS and quite frankly, I'm sick of it...the sad part is that I don't detect in Mr. Rarebird the same bitterness that I see in others...instead, what I see in his profile/posts is more like resignation...there's a sadness beneath the words that comes through loud and clear (to me)... which compounds my own sadness even further because I see the vultures circling him, wanting to finish killing his soul and spirit instead of bolstering him up so he can fly high and proud again...in the end, I think that causes me more sorrow than all the bulhshyte they spew about my gender...how dare they kick one of their own when he's down just so they can score one more for the team. Ugh.

I might have answered this already under this or another nic but here it is again...the question is MOOT because those who are convinced that money is what's important to women will not be convinced otherwise and those who know differently don't need convincing.

REDDRAGON.
Msg: 441
Posted: 3/25/2010 5:11:51 PM

I would like kindness, compassion, understanding, patience, genuineness, loving, caring, laughter,all qualities I can share with him as well. Knowing he's okay with either of us feeding the other mushy peas when we're a hundred and two, still laughing together even if we only have two nickels to rub together, being at a rotten company party listening to a complete boor telling horribly boring stories but managing to lock eyes and both *know* we're inwardly about to bust a gut laughing at the azz in question, and just "getting" each other. Knowing even during a bad day kvetch, he has my back, and vice versa. Knowing that nothing shared ever leaves the room. Being at peace with each other, and completely sympatico.

and a "penis" it would help if he had one.

*discuss size at your own discretion"

but what ever you do leave me out of it.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 442
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2010 5:15:12 PM
I actually do think some of these fellows have a point.

WIP has said she pays her own way and if a guy can't afford to do something she can do, oh well, that's why she has friends - she'll go do that activity with her friends and catch him later. Not ALL women think that way. Some women most definitely want a man who can afford to do xyz with her - if he can't, she'll not date him.

There are some who go further than that and expect that he will finance part of her activities.

Further, looking at my former dating pool, there is often an imbalance in disposable income. A man who made about the same amount as I did quite frequently had less cash available for recreation because he had the expense of child support or spousal support. Some women are absolutely ok with picking activities that fit in each others' budgets, others expect his budget should match hers.

Although we now have roughly 1/3 of relationships where the woman is the higher income earner, that has been a very slow turning bus. The vestiges of "male traditional breadearner and date payer" are still very much in evidence. Not all women believe dating expenses should be shared, even fewer women are willing to pay someone else's way (even some of the time) and plenty of women still feel it's very much the guy's responsiblity to pay their way.

So, yeah, I get their point.
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 443
Posted: 3/25/2010 6:33:47 PM
For goodness sakes, go back and read the women's posts here. Or are you another one of those Pof male posters who tell us we know nothing about our own gender?
YES, there are women who are looking for men with money, just as there are MEN LOOKING FOR WOMEN WITH MONEY.
Dont' generalise and don't make excuses - get a grip and start acting and looking like you might actually be a little fun to hang around with...bloody hell..
 emmmjay
Msg: 444
Posted: 3/25/2010 6:36:39 PM

WIP has said she pays her own way and if a guy can't afford to do something she can do, oh well, that's why she has friends - she'll go do that activity with her friends and catch him later. Not ALL women think that way. Some women most definitely want a man who can afford to do xyz with her - if he can't, she'll not date him.

Well, there is some truth to this, and I won't apologize for wanting a guy who can support himself in a similar lifestyle to mine. In the last few months I have met two otherwise attractive men who literally could not afford their own home. That might be acceptable when you are 24, but not when you are 44. Having a room mate because you can't afford the full price of renting an apartment in a smallish city is a huge turnoff.

I was on a coffee date with a seemingly nice enough man, and I happened to mention that my teenage son works at a popular Chinese buffet restaurant. He volunteered that he had never been there because he wouldn't pay $16.99 for dinner, when he could cook just as well at home. At first, I thought he just had a problem with paying good money to eat out (a lot of people don't see the point of that), but no. By the end of the conversation he told me how much he hated his job, but especially his pay. At fifty years old, he was making about four bucks an hour over minimum wage. He also complained ( it was more of a tirade, really) that he had no benefits and no retirement plan either. I have a good job with benefits and a retirement plan for myself. I am looking for a partner who can say the same.
 mibra
Msg: 445
Posted: 3/25/2010 6:52:53 PM

Danielle, I think we're reading posts from men who've been rejected for reasons they don't want to share or admit to themselves, so saying it was because they're not wealthy is an easy out.
I mean, they wouldn't want to say it was because they had a lousy personality or were boring in bed, would they? Then they'd have to take responsibility for the rejection. Blaming women is just soooooo easy...

I guess that could be.... some were not good in the bed at all and got dumped hahaha...
 mibra
Msg: 446
Posted: 3/25/2010 6:56:41 PM

I was on a coffee date with a seemingly nice enough man, and I happened to mention that my teenage son works at a popular Chinese buffet restaurant. He volunteered that he had never been there because he wouldn't pay $16.99 for dinner, when he could cook just as well at home. At first, I thought he just had a problem with paying good money to eat out (a lot of people don't see the point of that), but no. By the end of the conversation he told me how much he hated his job, but especially his pay. At fifty years old, he was making about four bucks an hour over minimum wage. He also complained ( it was more of a tirade, really) that he had no benefits and no retirement plan either. I have a good job with benefits and a retirement plan for myself. I am looking for a partner who can say the same.

Are you kidding me? He even was not willing to pay $16.99 for a buffet? Oh my! Now I know why I was called as high-maintenance woman ... I haven't met a man who complains that much... Probably they never dare to complain in front of me.
 A Religion Of One
Msg: 447
Posted: 3/25/2010 6:58:49 PM
emmajay are you so perfect? Women like you prove my point, money is the MAIN thing you care about. So if this guy was great it every other way, the money thing would STILL be holding you back. This is a perfect example of what I'm trying to say and how most women think. Never any benefit of the doubt, never any just go out with a guy and give him a chance and go on some dates. It always boils down to the guy not having enough money. Romance can go to h**l forever.

Why don't you just STFU! and go out there and make some more money. You're obviously obsessed with money, so do something about it, rather than p*ssing and moaning about it here.

What a girly man.
 mibra
Msg: 448
Posted: 3/25/2010 6:59:49 PM

emmajay are you so perfect? Women like you prove my point, money is the MAIN thing you care about. So if this guy was great it every other way, the money thing would STILL be holding you back. This is a perfect example of what I'm trying to say and how most women think. Never any benefit of the doubt, never any just go out with a guy and give him a chance and go on some dates. It always boils down to the guy not having enough money. Romance can go to h**l forever.

I don't think that guy is good for emmajay.... Maybe he seems good enough but it doesn't mean he is really good. I can not see anything good between them (from his complaints, his attitude and the difference of values). I think she deserves a better man.
 mibra
Msg: 449
Posted: 3/25/2010 7:00:55 PM

Why don't you just STFU! and go out there and make some more money. You're obviously obsessed with money, so do something about it, rather than p*ssing and moaning about it here.
What a girly man.

Hahahaha... LMAO
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 450
Posted: 3/25/2010 7:47:20 PM
At fifty years old, he was making about four bucks an hour over minimum wage. He also complained ( it was more of a tirade, really) that he had no benefits and no retirement plan either. I have a good job with benefits and a retirement plan for myself. I am looking for a partner who can say the same.

Women like you prove my point, money is the MAIN thing you care about. So if this guy was great it every other way, the money thing would STILL be holding you back.

THE GUY WAS NOT GREAT IN EVERY OTHER WAY!!!
He complained - tiraded - to a stranger about how poor he was.What the hell was she supposed to do about it? Give him some cash?
Complaining and whining how crappy your life is because you're broke is NOT FUN. I don't want to listen to it from a stranger on a date. I want to enjoy myself. Why on earth do you guys think it's about money?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women, what do you want from men other than money ?