Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women, what do you want from men other than money ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ItsMargo
Msg: 451
view profile
History
Women, what do you want from men other than money ? Page 19 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
I actually do think some of these fellows have a point.

WIP has said she pays her own way and if a guy can't afford to do something she can do, oh well, that's why she has friends - she'll go do that activity with her friends and catch him later. Not ALL women think that way. Some women most definitely want a man who can afford to do xyz with her - if he can't, she'll not date him.

There are some who go further than that and expect that he will finance part of her activities.

Further, looking at my former dating pool, there is often an imbalance in disposable income. A man who made about the same amount as I did quite frequently had less cash available for recreation because he had the expense of child support or spousal support. Some women are absolutely ok with picking activities that fit in each others' budgets, others expect his budget should match hers.

Although we now have roughly 1/3 of relationships where the woman is the higher income earner, that has been a very slow turning bus. The vestiges of "male traditional breadearner and date payer" are still very much in evidence. Not all women believe dating expenses should be shared, even fewer women are willing to pay someone else's way (even some of the time) and plenty of women still feel it's very much the guy's responsiblity to pay their way.

So, yeah, I get their point.
 whzcheatinwho
Msg: 452
Women, what do you want from men other than money ?
Posted: 3/25/2010 5:54:16 PM
No rarebird76 is correct, no money no honey is how it is. I'm not even broke and I still don't have enough money to attract women. Women try to act like all they care about is finding true love or something and men are the shallow beings on the planet holding back romance. It's all such a load of bs it seriously makes me want to hurl. Women need to stop lying and just admit money is what they predominately look at. They want a guy that can afford to fly them to exotic places, has a certain type of car, and has an expensive house. They don't care about personality at all which is why the divorce rate is so high. They marry the wrong men for the wrong reasons.

Keep feeding yourself that story, some day you might even convince yourself.
Like FFS said, take a look around you, lots of guys with less money than you have are dating, I wonder how they got so lucky? Maybe you are not attracting women because they sense that you are weak.

You are coming from a place of absolute weakness and attacking others to make yourself feel better and rationalize your lack of success is not attractive to those whom you are trying to attract. Women want strong, confident men, not weak, bitter, whining men who have a bad attitude towards women. A strong man would suck it up and move on, not lay on the floor p!ssing and moaning about how mean women are.

It's all such a load of bs it seriously makes me want to hurl.

DITTO!!!

Until women change and actually care about having things in common the divorce rate will continue to skyrocket and there will be a lot of unhappy women out there.

Ummm... actually that's why I don't even bother to try and date anyone on here...can't seem to find anyone with common interests. Lots of guys advertising their money, not so much the common interests though. I guess maybe they believe the same thing you do. Morons....

FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 453
Posted: 3/25/2010 6:33:47 PM
For goodness sakes, go back and read the women's posts here. Or are you another one of those Pof male posters who tell us we know nothing about our own gender?
YES, there are women who are looking for men with money, just as there are MEN LOOKING FOR WOMEN WITH MONEY.
Dont' generalise and don't make excuses - get a grip and start acting and looking like you might actually be a little fun to hang around with...bloody hell..
 emmmjay
Msg: 454
Posted: 3/25/2010 6:36:39 PM

WIP has said she pays her own way and if a guy can't afford to do something she can do, oh well, that's why she has friends - she'll go do that activity with her friends and catch him later. Not ALL women think that way. Some women most definitely want a man who can afford to do xyz with her - if he can't, she'll not date him.

Well, there is some truth to this, and I won't apologize for wanting a guy who can support himself in a similar lifestyle to mine. In the last few months I have met two otherwise attractive men who literally could not afford their own home. That might be acceptable when you are 24, but not when you are 44. Having a room mate because you can't afford the full price of renting an apartment in a smallish city is a huge turnoff.

I was on a coffee date with a seemingly nice enough man, and I happened to mention that my teenage son works at a popular Chinese buffet restaurant. He volunteered that he had never been there because he wouldn't pay $16.99 for dinner, when he could cook just as well at home. At first, I thought he just had a problem with paying good money to eat out (a lot of people don't see the point of that), but no. By the end of the conversation he told me how much he hated his job, but especially his pay. At fifty years old, he was making about four bucks an hour over minimum wage. He also complained ( it was more of a tirade, really) that he had no benefits and no retirement plan either. I have a good job with benefits and a retirement plan for myself. I am looking for a partner who can say the same.
 mibra
Msg: 455
Posted: 3/25/2010 6:52:53 PM

Danielle, I think we're reading posts from men who've been rejected for reasons they don't want to share or admit to themselves, so saying it was because they're not wealthy is an easy out.
I mean, they wouldn't want to say it was because they had a lousy personality or were boring in bed, would they? Then they'd have to take responsibility for the rejection. Blaming women is just soooooo easy...

I guess that could be.... some were not good in the bed at all and got dumped hahaha...
 mibra
Msg: 456
Posted: 3/25/2010 6:56:41 PM

I was on a coffee date with a seemingly nice enough man, and I happened to mention that my teenage son works at a popular Chinese buffet restaurant. He volunteered that he had never been there because he wouldn't pay $16.99 for dinner, when he could cook just as well at home. At first, I thought he just had a problem with paying good money to eat out (a lot of people don't see the point of that), but no. By the end of the conversation he told me how much he hated his job, but especially his pay. At fifty years old, he was making about four bucks an hour over minimum wage. He also complained ( it was more of a tirade, really) that he had no benefits and no retirement plan either. I have a good job with benefits and a retirement plan for myself. I am looking for a partner who can say the same.

Are you kidding me? He even was not willing to pay $16.99 for a buffet? Oh my! Now I know why I was called as high-maintenance woman ... I haven't met a man who complains that much... Probably they never dare to complain in front of me.
 A Religion Of One
Msg: 457
Posted: 3/25/2010 6:58:49 PM
emmajay are you so perfect? Women like you prove my point, money is the MAIN thing you care about. So if this guy was great it every other way, the money thing would STILL be holding you back. This is a perfect example of what I'm trying to say and how most women think. Never any benefit of the doubt, never any just go out with a guy and give him a chance and go on some dates. It always boils down to the guy not having enough money. Romance can go to h**l forever.

Why don't you just STFU! and go out there and make some more money. You're obviously obsessed with money, so do something about it, rather than p*ssing and moaning about it here.

What a girly man.
 mibra
Msg: 458
Posted: 3/25/2010 6:59:49 PM

emmajay are you so perfect? Women like you prove my point, money is the MAIN thing you care about. So if this guy was great it every other way, the money thing would STILL be holding you back. This is a perfect example of what I'm trying to say and how most women think. Never any benefit of the doubt, never any just go out with a guy and give him a chance and go on some dates. It always boils down to the guy not having enough money. Romance can go to h**l forever.

I don't think that guy is good for emmajay.... Maybe he seems good enough but it doesn't mean he is really good. I can not see anything good between them (from his complaints, his attitude and the difference of values). I think she deserves a better man.
 mibra
Msg: 459
Posted: 3/25/2010 7:00:55 PM

Why don't you just STFU! and go out there and make some more money. You're obviously obsessed with money, so do something about it, rather than p*ssing and moaning about it here.
What a girly man.

Hahahaha... LMAO
 whzcheatinwho
Msg: 460
Posted: 3/25/2010 7:01:44 PM
They aren't morons they know how much money attracts women which is why some men with money flaunt it.

Well they may buy some women, but I guess if that's the quality of women they are looking for they get what they deserve, huh? Obviously they are not looking for common interests then either. So, that would make them equally despicable wouldn't it?

They know they can essentially buy their women and they aren't ashamed of it. Men with money never have a problem getting women which is just more proof of how much women love money

Maybe some lesser quality ones, but not all or any women. All they get from me is a no thank you e-mail, I'm living proof that your theory is so much BS. If we don't have some common interests we won't be dating ...or meeting.
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 461
Posted: 3/25/2010 7:47:20 PM
At fifty years old, he was making about four bucks an hour over minimum wage. He also complained ( it was more of a tirade, really) that he had no benefits and no retirement plan either. I have a good job with benefits and a retirement plan for myself. I am looking for a partner who can say the same.

Women like you prove my point, money is the MAIN thing you care about. So if this guy was great it every other way, the money thing would STILL be holding you back.

THE GUY WAS NOT GREAT IN EVERY OTHER WAY!!!
He complained - tiraded - to a stranger about how poor he was.What the hell was she supposed to do about it? Give him some cash?
Complaining and whining how crappy your life is because you're broke is NOT FUN. I don't want to listen to it from a stranger on a date. I want to enjoy myself. Why on earth do you guys think it's about money?
 whzcheatinwho
Msg: 462
Posted: 3/25/2010 7:57:12 PM
Yes, sounds like he wasn't great in any way - can't even get his life together and make it into something that he's happy about. If he's not happy with his life, why would anybody else want to be in it with him?

Nothing more unappealing than pathetic, weak, miserable men. Funny they don't understand that. No wonder some women would rather put up with an azzhats. Personally, if I can't find a guy on the middle ground, I'd rather just do without, it's a lot easier than putting up with either extreme.

Seriously, there is is a middle ground you know... it would be in your best interest to find it instead of wasting your time hating on women, that's pretty much not gonna get you anywhere but lonely.
 emmmjay
Msg: 463
Posted: 3/25/2010 9:07:24 PM
emmajay are you so perfect? Women like you prove my point, money is the MAIN thing you care about. So if this guy was great it every other way, the money thing would STILL be holding you back. This is a perfect example of what I'm trying to say and how most women think. Never any benefit of the doubt, never any just go out with a guy and give him a chance and go on some dates.

Like I said, I make NO apologies for not wanting to get involved with a man who cannot even afford to keep a roof over his own head at fifty years old. I will not backpedal on that , either. If this guy had been great (he wasn't) BUT he could not afford to rent an apartment at his age ,ummmm...NOPE, not dating him. It's just a crazy requirement of mine, that a man be self supporting.

I don't remember claiming to be perfect, but I AM solvent. It wasn't easy either BTW. I was born to working class people who were usually broke. When I was in my thirties, I lost almost everything I had ( except my kids) in my divorce. THEN I went to college at 37 years old. I ate a lot of cheap meals, drove shitty cars, and didn't have a vacation for almost 14 years. I certainly did not expect a man to overlook the fact that I was broke, and I would not have judged him at all if he did not want to get involved with me because of it.

I am NOT looking for a sugar daddy. I am NOT looking for someone to whisk me off on fancy vacations or buy me diamonds. I don't even want someone to pay for dates; I pay my OWN way when I go to a movie or out for a meal. The money is not the MAIN thing, but it is something, and whoever says money counts for NOTHING is either lying or wealthy enough (or so broke) that it won't affect her/him one way or the other.

I think she deserves a better man.

Why, thank you! I do think a man in my age range should be able to rent or own his own place without being dependent on roommates or family members.

grizzelda
Msg: 464
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2010 1:00:56 PM

They aren't morons they know how much money attracts women which is why some men with money flaunt it.

How much money does it take then? What is this magic number in your fantasy world that you need to have to attract women? Give me a hard number please....

Let me turn it around then. Why are so many men perfectly willing to date women that dont have any money? What do they think that an adult that doesnt have the ability to support themselves is acceptable? For all of the men that think women are ****es for not dating men that are financially able to support themselves and a decent lifestyle commiserate with their age, can you please explain why you dont find that unappealing in a grown woman?
 ItsMargo
Msg: 465
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2010 1:29:54 PM

Let me turn it around then. Why are so many men perfectly willing to date women that dont have any money? What do they think that an adult that doesnt have the ability to support themselves is acceptable?

My guess is the remnants of traditional male breadwinner is still kicking around in our collective psyches.
 Juste moi Danielle
Msg: 466
Posted: 3/26/2010 1:45:08 PM
Why are so many men perfectly willing to date women that dont have any money?

10) So they can shout on all the threads "See? Women are MORE shallow than men!" If I had a dollar for every time I read something to the effect that "Us men couldn't care less if you're a cashier unlike YOU women", my grocery bill would be paid for the next few months, possibly for life.

9) So that they can come here and accuse ALL women of being lazy, selfish golddiggers who took them to the cleaners because they now have to HELP support their (ex) wives/girlfriends while they get a career going because they have no means of support for themselves AND their children.

8) So that they can fulfill their self-fulfilling prophesy that women are evil.

7) So that they can keep the "upper hand" in the relationship.

6) So that they have control.

5) So that their ego or "manhood" is not threatened.

4) So that they are "da man".

3) So that they can biitch and complain to all their buddies how wimminz just sit on their fat azzes and eat bonbons all day.

2) So that AFTER the lazy no good biitch has popped a couple of kids which in their eyes and as said many times on these forums is nothing, let alone valued or appreciated, they can play their double whammy two for the price of one victim card (ie: my evil wife left nice guy me AND the biitch took MY kids from me like all biiitches do to ALL us poor men)...awwwwww.....

And the number one reason that a man dates a woman who has no money?

She's hot!

FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 467
Posted: 3/26/2010 2:33:39 PM
I'm sure there are plenty of women out there that don't have much money that are a complete joy to be with and spend time with. I would date them in a heartbeat...sure I might not end up marrying them but that's beside the point

Really? Beside the point? So it's ok to sleep with poor women, but not anything more. Maybe those women who've rejected you because of your low income weren't just looking for a bedmate?
I've never earned more money than any of the men I've been involved with, but I've held jobs with a great deal more prestige attached. Why? Why don't I earn as much as them? Could it be because they're men and they get paid more?
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 468
Posted: 3/26/2010 2:46:13 PM
^^That is just a ridiculous generalisation, but if makes you feel better that no one wants you because you're poor, what can I say to convince you that it's more likely your personality or looks? lmao....
\/\/\/\/\
Religion of One is right. Your biggest issue is your self-pitying attitude. Yuck.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 469
Posted: 3/26/2010 3:32:35 PM
I'm still waiting for a response to my post - which invalidates the argument that all women want is money - but I didn't think I'd get one.

I also would like someone to answer the question I asked - if all women go after is money how do you explain the many threads that get posted in here by men who have cars, jobs, houses and whine that women all want jobless, homeless, ambitionless, jerks that treat them badly? Seems all women end up being seen as wanting/needing something the guy in question doesn't have.

Personally I think this is a good way to get a lot of attention from women - enter a thread full of women and declare they all want one thing, then keep on arguing it because to agree would mean you'd have to go entertain yourself when everyone moved on. If you really believed that ALL women were as bad as you say, you'd be off somewhere enjoying your woman-free life thankful you don't bother with any.
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 470
Posted: 3/26/2010 4:14:08 PM
I just find it amazing how about 85 percent of an entire gender can lie about an issue so adamantly. If the majority of men lied and said they weren't attracted to slender women I'm sure you would be doing the same thing I am. Women just need to stop freakin' lying about this issue all someone has to do is open up their eyes and they can see the truth. Women do not care about personality as much as they try to let on.

So not only are we shallow gold-diggers, but we're all liars as well.
Bad luck you're not gay. It must just kill you that you still want to sleep with women.
If you stop freakin' HATING and BLAMING so much you might find that you're more attractive. But hey that means taking SOME responsibility for your life and the lack of love in it.
 Juste moi Danielle
Msg: 471
Posted: 3/26/2010 5:09:57 PM
I just find it amazing how about 85 percent of an entire gender can lie about an issue so adamantly.

Yet you don't even hesitate to call the entire female gender LIARS.

Look...I will attempt one more (and final) time to have a reasonable discussion with you.

There is NO such thing as ALL men this or ALL women that. Yes there are some women who value money above everything else, as there are some men who value money above everything else. What is your point?

Is this news for you that there are some PEOPLE who value things more than they value people and in some cases, more than life itself?

There has always been, for as far back as history has been recorded, people, both men AND women, who value things like money, greed, power, status, etc...how can this be something that you don't know and/or that you assign ONLY to the female gender?

The fact is that SOME people (and yes I include an equal number of women in there TOO) doesn't equate ALL or even MOST people....in fact, the great majority of people are your plain, ordinary reasonably GOOD folks who get up each day and put in a full day's work and go about their business and are basically just like you and me.

There is a small minority of people who make up the SOME who unfortunately are the ones we hear about and see everywhere which makes us think they are the majority but they are NOT....they are just the loudest!!!!

Think about it...would the story of how I, an ordinary girl, met and fell in love with my ex - an ordinary guy with NOT two cents to rub together plus a pile of debts plus a bad credit history - sell newspaper and magazines do you think? I think not. Yet my story is true, yet even YOU tell me my story can't be true because according to you, no woman could love a man who's not rich or loaded with money.

Argh...never mind...I just deleted the rest of my post...think what you want but before I go I'll say this...the fact that you claim to seek/want a person of the gender you obviously despise (unless you love and respect liars?) intrigues me.....I can't for the life of me imagine wanting to be with a man if I thought all/most/many men were evil....in fact, I can't even imagine living in a world where people are divided by gender (or colour, culture, etc.).

The good news is that because it's a world you created, you can leave it behind and choose your own ground...you know? Anyway, I'm done ... my kingdom awaits me (yes in my world I get to rule;)....

sweetness-one
Msg: 472
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2010 5:37:07 PM

Yet you don't even hesitate to call the entire female gender LIARS.

No, no, lol, he said only 85%...that leaves 15% of us in the clear, at least.

Reality Bites...what you're failing to grasp is, there is a HUGE difference between a woman wanting a man with a tonne of money and gold-digging, and a woman thinking money is "important" enough that the man should at least be self-sufficient. Again, if you choose to date non-self-sufficient women, or women who are penniless...that is YOUR choice. It's not "right" and it's not "wrong"...but it doesn't make you a hero, it doesn't mean you don't "care" about money. That's just something that people who don't have money or can't be bothered to get their a$$es out there and try say, to be honest. (Same goes for any issue of "why won't they date me"....too short, too fat, too whatever).

The only time people tend to badmouth others, in my experience, is when they can't make them behave the way they want them to.
 MikeAkaJB
Msg: 473
Posted: 3/26/2010 5:49:54 PM
Realitybites78

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you haven't had much success in the dating world and are contributing solely on your belief that 85% of all women lie about the issue. Have you actually maybe come to think that your distrust in a person over a major issue in most relationships (money) is the seed for your failures?

Some people are alright with providing for the other person 100%, some people expect that, and what not. It is their choice to do so. Generalizing that 85% of all women are liars isn't going to go bold well with you trying to date them as you are stating that 17 women out of 20 you come across you believe are liars...

How can a woman even like you let alone trust you to form a relationship if you believe they are lying to you about money? In a world with billions of people the small amount of women you come across to warp your perspective or the ones who are constantly in the public view are a very very small % of the population. Have you also considered maybe you are attracted to the ones in your eyes are only after your money and that's why you keep running into them?

If you can't trust a woman when she tells you money isn't important there is no way you can find your way into a happy relationship and I feel sorry for any girl who may find you. You should have faith she isn't lying to you till you find evidence to think otherwise else you are just cornering yourself off from meeting potentially great mates...
 whzcheatinwho
Msg: 474
Posted: 3/26/2010 6:31:47 PM
This is what I NEVER see women do.

Maybe you need to open your eyes and look around. Lots of men with no money get dates so you must be one really screwed up dude! (HINT: Maybe it's your attitude, not your wallet they're not digging!)

with money being the main thing they take into consideration.

Sez you... but then you obviously have no idea what you are talking about so whatever, sweetheart.... I think probably you should keep studying this...eventually you might get it.

Women just need to stop freakin' lying about this issue all someone has to do is open up their eyes and they can see the truth.

Ummm... I think I 'd prefer that you did. I think it would be better for you if you did too.

I would date a woman that doesn't have much money even if she wasn't HOT if she had a good personality. This is what I NEVER see women do

Actually, I MARRIED a guy like that and I have the paperwork to prove it! See how much you know? Maybe you just need to pull your head out of your a$$ and take a look around.

Or maybe you just need to focus on something other than money. I have no doubt that the second a woman says you're too homely for her to date, you will say "I knew it, it's because I don't have enough money isn't it?" You are so hyper-focused on money that you assume everyone else must be as well. Really dude, it's not them, IT'S YOU !!!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 475
Posted: 3/26/2010 6:50:42 PM
Realitybites78 has a good thing going here on a dateless Friday night - y'all are keeping him real busy trying to explain this, but I really think he's got no interest in learning anything. It's much easier to say women all suck (because they want money or whatever) and aren't dateable than it is to realize you might be driving them away with a shitty attitude.

Why do I think he could care less and just wants the interaction? Because any legitimate response worth considering has gone unanswered, there's no attempt to consider any other viewpoint and the same theory (of absolution to boot) is being repeated back.

Many guys have profiles that basically declare all women suck in hopes that one will see past it and prove them wrong. That strategy almost never works except to draw in more women who know what the weakness is and how to take advantage.

If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you've always gotten. Accept or change. That is all.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women, what do you want from men other than money ?