Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women, what do you want from men other than money ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 2funnyhaha
Msg: 501
view profile
History
Women, what do you want from men other than money ? Page 21 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
Women, what do you want from men other than money ?

Speaking for myself, nothing. Not money. Not anything.

What would I personally want from a man in a relationship?

Trust. If I have the ability to trust this person, anything is possible.
 katt_411
Msg: 502
Posted: 4/28/2010 3:50:04 PM
nah.... take the money and run! ....or saunter.....
 Archer82
Msg: 503
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2010 8:07:20 AM
Money (and the possibility of being used for it) seems to be such a sore, sore subject for men. A few years ago I had a huge crush on this man, and when he told me he had a good, secure job and how much he made an hour (which he brought up and was sort of bragging about) I joked that I was going to start dating him next because of his money. We became involved, but it never went past the friends-with-benefits stage. Months later I asked why, and he brought up my long-ago comment about dating him for his money. I was incredulous and exclaimed that I was joking, but he wouldn't believe me, and said quite solemnly "Well, you shouldn't say things like that, then." And I'd been sleeping with him for several months and never asked for nor was given anything (except for perhaps a drink or two).

Nowadays I am extra-extra-extra cautious not to make any comments about what a man makes or to show even the slightest interest in their work or financial life. I won't even ask someone what they do for a living until they volunteer that information, at the risk of it seeming like I'm trying suss out if they make big $$$. Honestly all I want from a man I like is his presence. I just want to be around him
 galnxtdoor64
Msg: 504
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2012 7:34:35 PM
I would rather have a guy who really cares about me for me i make money for myself handle my bills myself am extremely responsible I would really appreciate a companion and partnership with a guy - i stopped expecting a guy to support me a long long time ago.....
 Debyduz_
Msg: 505
Posted: 10/20/2012 9:31:39 PM
I have a business pay my own bills. Take out my own trash. Kill my own bugs. fix stuff that is broken. mow my grass.

Not sure what I need a man for. Maybe I should rethink this dating crap. Men are looking to be more hassle then they are worth.

Well there is sex. Most are not that good at that though.

I could use some help driving the kids around to sports and scouts.

Back rub?
 AquaLinda
Msg: 506
Posted: 10/20/2012 11:20:00 PM
Don't need a guy for money - I have enough of my own. I do someone who is accomplished though, because it's a character trait (ambition) that I admire. I want a man for companionship. to be intimate with, to enjoy life with, to support each other through tough times. Someone I can lean on and who can lean on me. A best friend that I'm very much attracted to. Very tough to find.
 sexysunfish68
Msg: 507
Posted: 10/21/2012 12:22:59 AM
It is a dumb question and it seems that you have been stung perhaps. You are just making a statement of some sort me thinks. Most women want a guy who can at least pay his way and contribute. A man who is not successful will suffer low self esteem and wont be desirable to be around. We can earn our own dollars more and more these days and
we dont want to be sponged off, either. Goes both ways.

Some women will go for the wealthier man if she can and there is no shame in being well off , or virtue in being poor. Money problems are the biggest contributor to divorce after all. Money may not make us happy but it can sure make being miserable a whole lot more fun...
 annywn
Msg: 508
Posted: 10/21/2012 2:02:14 AM
Money????? pfffft. that'll be the day! No I have to admitt , relationships I've had, they do there best, I just happen to always make more for some reason. I want them for sex and protection from the booggie man. Conversation sometimes , but talking to my GFs is far more productive.
 Sydney Sunnyboy
Msg: 509
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2012 2:11:57 AM
"Women, what do you want from men other than money ?

If a man is HOT (nice looking + athletic body + cheerful), I WANT good sex, compliment and personal space."

There was a fat ugly woman worth a '2' but no more,
Who messaged an athletic buff guy worth '4' on the floor,
When he was sober and straight, he was worth up to '8',
But, to her astonishment, she realised too late on the date,
That an '8' satisfied with a '2' must be poor !

;-)
 dahlingdarling
Msg: 510
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2012 3:12:41 AM
What women want from men other than money depends on the women though I think in most people seek intimacy, communication, friendship, and sex from a partner.

What this woman wants from men other than money is connections to those that can be useful to me. I don't consider intimacy, communication, friendship, or sex from a guy to be something worthwhile as:
Intimacy is probably better off with friends or a pet considering how it seems most guys bemoan intimacy with a gal unless it's 'physical intimacy' aka f*cking her.

Communication is probably better off with friends or a pet considering how it seems most guys complain about hearing gals talk, how much gals talk, how worthless/useless the things gals talk about, and see it as nagging for a gal to talk about relationship problems.

Friendship is probably better off with friends or a pet considering the 'friend zone' notion it seems most guys are incapable of friendship with a gal unless they are rewarded with sex which wouldn't be lackluster to me if sex was generally equally satisfying to a gal as it is for a guy.

Sex is probably better off with myself considering masturbation seems far more arousing, appealing, and satisfying than sex with it's 30% chance of orgasm via penetration and notions like 'her orgasm is her responsibility', 'withholding/denying sex' , and 'sex is a duty that can't be denied with a good reason' (implying consent/desire isn't a good reason).

Being see doesn't interest me.
 justlookingvt
Msg: 511
Posted: 10/21/2012 5:57:27 AM

I seriously doubt women are interested in men that implicitly insult them by proclaiming they want money from us first and foremost.

Good luck... I have a feeling you're going to need a lot of it. :-)

Rhetorical question.... why wasn't this thread deleted the day it was created ? (insulting and polarized)
 DevilfromToronto
Msg: 512
Posted: 10/21/2012 11:55:55 AM
why wasn't this thread deleted the day it was created ? (insulting and polarized)

why is the thread insulting ?
can you tell me who doesn't like/want money ???

even for men, if they were asked whether they want their girlfriends rich or poor, I am sure they all, or at least the majority would pick RICH !!
 CaptainA.D
Msg: 513
Posted: 10/21/2012 1:16:31 PM

seems most women want a guy with money and the ones that say money doesnt matter are hmm lets say, fibbing to put it mildly, women shouldnt be so hung up on money. how many rich guys are real nice? rich guys are usually pompus buttholes. i wish women would judge a guy by his personality on here and not looks and money as bieng the only thing that matter, take the shot ladies at the regular hard working blue collar guy who wants to laugh and have fun evetyday and enjoy life and treat a woman like there deserve to be treated, you might be suprised, but on pof thats impossible, the rich good looking guys date all the time. guys like myself on here 10 months and no date yet. suffer its sad

Dude, you forgot to write the part about them wanting a male model!

Umm sure, u totally changed your outlook, right ok. Good luck with that.
 justlookingvt
Msg: 514
Posted: 10/21/2012 3:25:31 PM

even for men, if they were asked whether they want their girlfriends rich or poor, I am sure they all, or at least the majority would pick RICH !!

Everybody likes money BUT, neither I, nor anyone who is decent, expects it from their partner. Both, men and women are expected to EARN it by making a productive contribution in society. Women that expect money from men are usually called "Gold diggers" in the best case, I'm sure you can figure out other less flattering "identifiers".

Implying that women expect money from men is rather insulting to women. I hope this is OBVIOUS now. To further imply that is the first and foremost thing women expect is yet another insult to women. This is implied in the question by "other than money".

For the record, I could not care less whether a woman is rich or poor. I earn my own money, I don't need nor want hers. My only requirement is that she is responsible enough to hold a job (if she needs one to support herself) and be happy doing what she does (people that don't like what they do are miserable.)

DevilfromToronto
Msg: 515
Posted: 10/22/2012 12:31:14 AM

why is wanting money from men so wrong, that you would consider the thread insulting to women ?
everyone has their wants, if I were a man, I would want my girl of Sophia Lorenz's beauty and body, can people
define ''men in general focus on women's physical beauty'' as insulting to men ??

Women that expect money from men are usually called "Gold diggers" in the best case,

what do you call those women who are wanting great endless sex, honesty, humour, model body, handsome looks,
moral...
do you call them sex diggers, honesty diggers, humour diggers, moral diggers ?? (oh... I found that wanting
honesty from people are even more difficult than money lol)
Can you tell me the differences between wanting money and wanting other qualities like sex, humour, moral, honesty, intellectual minds..... ? why is wanting money so wrong in your mind ?? when money could be earned from hard working, while others could be born-without, like a quick brain for humour, good hormones for great sex.....

My only requirement is that she is responsible enough to hold a job (if she needs one to support herself)

please read my statement carefully, and excuse for my broke English. I am trying to say, if the men were allowed
to choose the financial backgrounds, Rich or Poor, for the girls/partners, which one would they choose ?? I can't speak for the men, but it makes sense that they would choose ''Rich'' for their girls. as normal people (of average income) would not want unexpected financial crisis/stress from their partners. I am fine when my man is not rich, but... if I were to choose, of course I would choose ''Rich''.

By the way, you mentioned that you want your girl to have a job to support her own, so
you really don't want your girl to be poor to cause you financial loss !!
 justlookingvt
Msg: 516
Posted: 10/22/2012 6:15:52 AM

why is wanting money from men so wrong, ....

Because, men and women are supposed to earn their own money. It's called decency, you earn it.

If you feel you are entitled to get money from people without earning it, do them a favor, let them know.

Good luck.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 517
Posted: 10/22/2012 9:46:11 AM
Whoa...some of you women kind of shock me. Men and women are BOTH expected to cover their own existence and corner of the world. No one is supposed to hand you money in order to date you. 1957 when women were less likely to have a job and more likely to live at home and be looking for a potential husband was maybe a time when you'd be looking for some dude to be doling out cash to date you. Not today.

That said, if a guy wants to dole out cash, and insists on doing so because it's his thing and you're OK with that, rock on. I'd tend to hate the unspoken obligation of that myself, but I realize not everyone is me.
 Fleuron
Msg: 518
Posted: 10/22/2012 11:15:23 AM
^^^^^^^ Lovely thumbnail pic, WomanInProgress. :)

Women, what do you want from men

A giant c0ck, obviously.
 justlookingvt
Msg: 519
Posted: 10/22/2012 11:41:34 AM

A giant c0ck, obviously.

I knew I should have asked my parents to super-size it... too late now... oh well... next time :-)
 pam9072
Msg: 520
Posted: 10/22/2012 7:50:40 PM
Politically correct or not That 's not true take a survey and let's vote on it??Pamela9072
 keepingsix666
Msg: 521
Posted: 10/23/2012 3:56:19 PM
Oh how I agree.
Honesty not matter the consequences!
Loving arms to cuddle me all night.
Great sex and often :)
I am a very emotional creature. Take care with my emotions and you wont see the creature lol
Money is not that important to me, so long as we are eating.
Not asking for much!
 Zippity1
Msg: 522
Posted: 10/24/2012 7:45:38 PM
Women want a guy they're sexually attracted to.
Guys want a woman they're sexually attracted to.

Imagine that.

The baseline for dating is sexual attraction. Doesn't mean you have to be a model. Yeah, we all want honesty and all that, but the way people date is by lookin for somebody they find sexually attracted and rolling the dice, hoping for the other stuff to be there.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 523
Posted: 10/25/2012 10:33:54 AM

^^^^^^^ Lovely thumbnail pic, WomanInProgress. :)

Someone didn't like it - I'm assuming it's cause part of my face was covered in that costume. They should have seen it for the blessing it was as in my case, the more you can't see the better. So now you all have to look at my whole face - again.
Msg: 524
Posted: 11/20/2012 10:20:51 AM

A giant c0ck, obviously.

to go in your giant pvssy obviously
 CopernicusOfLove
Msg: 525
Posted: 11/20/2012 10:40:49 AM
What's mine is mine and what's yours is ours. -women summed concisely
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women, what do you want from men other than money ?