Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women, what do you want from men other than money ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tossed_Salad
Msg: 51
Women, what do you want from men other than money ? Page 3 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
they want money, the body of Arnold (in younger days) the face of Adonis, the wallet of Bill Gates, the sensitivity of Phil Donahue or Dr. Phil.

nuthin' much, REALLY! :)
 Drumuboi
Msg: 52
Women, what do you want from men other than money ?
Posted: 8/8/2007 7:45:43 PM
Wow. That was quite a story you just told. It is probably fair to say that negative stereotypes drag both sexes down. As much as women do or dont want to admit it, men are blamed for everything. If a guy is prince charming with an emotional heart and cash to burn, he is an easy target. If he isnt, he is a selfish, heartless, spineless, oxygen theif. Here is just a little insight into reality for ya. Guys are not like monsters that you casually compare them to. I know that people like that exist, however, women are no different. I know women who think that having a child for government benefits and child maintenance reasons is the way to go. They have no ambition from the start. They blow their money on nights out being the town bus. Once that all washes up, they want some guy who has worked like a dog and established himself to look after them after they have three children to three different fathers. If he doesnt support her and her kids, he is selfish, because she all of the sudden, she loves this established man. Y..? U ask. Come on. Get with the program. Every girl wants security. Many want their cake to. I have worked hard from an early age and I wont settle for someone in life who hasnt put the same effort into life as I have. Sure, to some people that is selfish. Its called ambition and goal setting. Some of those critics should try it sometime. I do have money and properties, but I dont advertise it to the world. Im not looking for a gold digger. So where are all of these girls who want me for me....? Thats right, they are all cruzing through life waiting for some magic man to appear who doesnt even exist. And a soon as they hit 40, they complain. Welcome to reality! Guys who dont accept girls for who they are, are **stards. Girls never get critisised for rejecting a guy. There is always some tongue in cheek reason for girls. Sure, most guys in my opinion want to provide for a wife and family, but society tells them otherwise. A select group of women screwed a few 100,000 men over for cash and prizes during the last 10 or 20 years and the rest of us guys somehow found out. Women are angry we know whats happening and are trying to play the love card again. . . without success!
 GodsLoveForever
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2007 2:03:21 PM
They want MORE money. Oh and washboard abs, 5'11+ great conversationalist, can keep them laughing 24 hours a day for the rest of their lives, incredible good looks so they can show you off to all their friends because that is what most women are about anyway, arm candy. They want you as a part-time entertainer to show off to their friends and make their friends feel jealous, oh and they want more money, and they want you to worship the ground you walk on but be completely indifferent about whether they are with you or not and you will walk in 2 shakes if they are shitty to you, and you will keep them on that borderline of sadomasachism where they feel unworthy of love if they aren't with you, so some mild psychological abuse is necessary here, and did I say more money?

The new standard of women
= Well off, Ultra tall, model good looks,**** indifferent funny guy, great conversationalist and room charmer, doesn't have emotional needs, not in your business in any way. (At beck and call entertainer that will make friends drool with jealousy)

The old standard of women
= Good values, honest, integrity, good heart, loyal, faithful, family man, devoted, emotionally available and open, expresses himself and shares his emotions, okay with you sharing everything with him, hard working

Ahh liberal society, and we ask why there is a 74% divorce rate in northern cali and a 61% adultery rate and 40% of women are cheating RIGHT NOW. 60% of men.
 Drumuboi
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/9/2007 9:53:40 PM
To all of those women out there who are after a guy with emotions, sensabilaty, honesty and subjectivity. I have displayed all of those qualities in my last entry and what do I get for it......?! Critisism! Oh well lads! Back to the drawing board!
 shygal1972
Msg: 55
Posted: 8/10/2007 8:32:16 AM
Wow, I know there are alot of women out there for money. Not me nope I'm looking for true love.
 LisaMarieNY
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2007 8:46:38 AM
LOL...I certainly do not want money from a man. Money is not everthing! There are other things that are more important than that.
 LisaMarieNY
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2007 8:51:20 AM
-sense of humor
-respect
-fun to be with
-emotionally stable when it comes to a relationship....

I think these all sums it all up...LOL
 Izzy_27
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/11/2007 3:48:52 PM
money doesnt make the world go round. its love. who needs a bunch of money. well i kinda do now, but im going to school right now and will have plenty of money in a couple of years. not that i would ask for money from any guy, though.
 DonQuay
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2007 9:52:32 PM
Why quote me .... or are you addressing 'OP'?
Eitherway - 'ladycO4' - as per usual ... there's always idiots on here that never read all the posts in a thread. You appear to be one. I've answered this assumption about 'chips' and 'shoulders' before in this thread - why don't you go and read it?

OP = 'Latia' seems to have yout number!!
 DonQuay
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2007 10:23:11 PM
Ahhh .... I see.. 'OP' is for ' opening poster'! So I was right about not reading ....! :)
 OFunEEE
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2007 4:24:05 AM
Awww....too bad we're on the opposite sides of the states....YOUR the kinda guy I'm looking for! Well said!
 miss_tea00
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2007 12:31:56 AM
i don't want a man for his money. honesty, humor, open mindedness, intelligence, are a few things i want in a man. and someone who is responsible...lol.
 Tossed_Salad
Msg: 63
Posted: 8/14/2007 9:00:00 AM
many don't want anything, just the money, thanks

sorry; my post in no way is intended to disagree with any other post, I fully and 100% agree with every post made on this thread by all posters and every other thread in POF forums
 miss_tea00
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2007 11:31:02 AM

Oh oh, 'responsible' sounds like makes money.

haha. no...i mean it in the sense that he's not a slacker, mooch, user...etc. also takes responsibility for his actions...
 His Eminence
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2007 11:55:48 AM
Probably someone that dosen't ask INANE questions like this?
 evrybdy
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2007 12:05:06 PM
Money ruins creativity! Why not get to know someone as a friend, and come up with fun, non-expensive ways to get to know them and enjoy their company? I am a firm believer that fun is mostly a free to inexpensive activity if you use your old noggin.lol I certainly don't want to go on dates where it's all about money, blah! I want to know that person, not their money. And time spent with them is what makes it awesome. I'm just a big kid at heart, so I guess I'm pretty stupid when it comes to the whole "she married me, then took me for everything" stuff. I have never been married at 34 nor have any kids, as I believe in the whole "true love" thing for marriage, and I think that comes with time, and lots of it. People today don't want to take time, and when I say I like becoming your friend, they think that is a kiss-off. Nothing further from the truth! More people might be married if they took the time to know someone, sad that everyone is in such a hurry. That's where this bitterness and clashes about superficial things comes in. Make it about memories, not money and you will always have a smile on your face.
 betterlate
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2007 1:23:07 AM
What a pathetic question!!! what to men want besides sex?? it is stupid to box an entire sex into your fears. Women dont want money, we have money... the ones that want your money are hookers... strippers, moochers, lozers.... NOT women.

you are exposing the fact that you are behaving like a moron... is it possible that the bleached blonde anorexic with fake boobs is trying really hard to attract a man in order for her to get a free ride??? Can you men not see through the BS???

When (or if) you stop putting the needs of your penis ahead of common sense, logic... the law... your vows, promises, responsibilities, morals, ethics.. etc. ???????

How many trips to the strip bar does it take before the herds of men realize that those women are ONLY talking to you because they want your money....??? really?? how many?

How many times does it occur to the short, balding, stocky(or fat), unattractive man that is drinking or gambling away any of his earnings that the tall, thin, stripper/hooker is only being nice to you until the money runs out?????

If it comes up in conversations how much you have achieved, or what smart decisions you have made in life, how responsible you are or have been.. it is mainly to find out if you are going to be a problem... if you are an idiot with your money or opportunities, then it is probable that you will expect the good/smart/successful women to support you at some point and women dont want that... we want you to be able to support yourself, make mature decisions and are able to care for yourself for your life... as we have.

If you are spending your 401K on hookers, strippers, drugs, booze, or gambling... most of the women will not be interested if told the truth... unfortunately alot of you men lie about things... there are many 30K a year "millionares"... in this city.. credit cards jammed past the limits, leased cars, houses.. no savings and one check away from ruin... rented lives... live now impress strangers...

It is very strange to me how men can put it all down to their liking sex... when it stems from insecutities, fears of not being manly enough... or good looking enough so ... they pay to have someone fake it to them... yukkkkk...

weasels come in both sexes... Look at your own life to find the real answers

BL
 Tossed_Salad
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/15/2007 1:11:53 PM

Stocks, bonds, real estate, investment level art, rare wine, precious gems, timeshares, automobiles, airline tickets, designer clothing/handbags/shoes, a chauffer, maid, etc. See? It turns out we do not just want money!

good luck with that then..maybe if you were 24 & hot..
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/15/2007 2:22:12 PM
Be good looking, have a great personality and be good in bed. We got the rest covered, including our own money.

Not to be Meryl Streep or anything, but...

"that's all."
 tdh46
Msg: 70
Posted: 8/15/2007 4:37:40 PM
"good luck with that then..maybe if you were 24 & hot"

Ouch was that really required Salad boy. While you are making such a total a$$ of yourself remember no matter what some people look like on the outside, they still can't hide just how classless they are on the inside. Thanks for proving that point once again.
 DonQuay
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2007 10:59:12 PM
"What a pathetic question!!! what to men want besides sex?? it is stupid to box an entire sex into your fears. Women dont want money, we have money... the ones that want your money are hookers... strippers, moochers, lozers.... NOT women.

you are exposing the fact that you are behaving like a moron... " .......

To: Betterlate

Hmmmmmmmm....

Thanks for that instant analysis of my life. Evidently the fact that I have a life is greatly upsetting to you. By the way .... there's STILL no strip clubs in Dublin ... I think the 'best' we have is a couple of lapdancing clubs.
I've answered this variety of sour bile before in this post ... however as you haven't got the cop-on, nous or intelligence to read the entire posts ...... I'm not going to repeat it all again. Stop the laziness .... and re-read.
Oh .... and I might add ...... stop with the slaphappy bitterness .....and grow up!

:)

Have a good day. Too.
 His Eminence
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2007 12:10:11 PM
SO VERY MUCH... MINDLESS PRATTLE!!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/16/2007 1:06:55 PM

If they don't want a guys money as so many have said -- why do they expect chivalry in the form of a man paying for the date ?

hypocrisy ?

Nope. Dutch, you treat, I treat, whatever the mood is. If we've been together a while it doesn't matter who does what.

While meeting people I'd rather not let them pay for anything so I don't feel obligated to entertain them. I'd also rather not go anywhere that runs either one of us more than 10 bucks, and stay more than a half hour. If I go on more than one date with a guy I like and he's worth sitting thru a meal with, I am more than happy to kick in my share of the bill. After all, I did eat it.

I practice what I preach.
 Sugar*Daddie
Msg: 75
Posted: 8/17/2007 10:42:48 AM

I believe in prostitution .... Fair exchange no robbery

ineffable me, what are your current rates for your services and where are they offered?

(just curious, not really a potential 'customer' or 'client' )
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women, what do you want from men other than money ?