Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women, what do you want from men other than money ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 duqdukes99
Msg: 77
Women, what do you want from men other than money ? Page 4 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
"We want intimacy. And by intimacy...I don't mean just SEX. If you haven't said two words to me that day, then don't crawl on top of me when we go to bed that night. If you can't even look at me when I'M trying to talk to YOU...then don't expect anything better than that when it's time for YOUR "connection". If you walk away from me when I'm trying to tell you about something that bothers me...then expect to see nothing but the back of MY head when you want to have sex to "de-stress". If you want to know why women want nothing more than money from men, then tell me why men want nothing more from women than a place to bury their ferrets?!! When you settle THAT question...you'll have YOUR answer. "
Timeout, flag on the play, unsportsmanlike conduct, 15 yard penalty, repeat 1st down!!!! *LMAO* Now that the referee in me is satisfied, let me address this post because it makes a very interesting point, although the generalization doesn't apply to all men, me being one of them it doesn't apply to. Sunspots57 is RIGHT guys. It's gotta be give and take. Although she must be fishing in a pond full of CARP who'll have sex with any female that has two legs. Women want men to listen to their problems. GUYS, we don't have to have the solution to them, IT'S NICE IF WE CAN COME UP WITH ONE, but we're venting posts guys. There's nothing sexier for a woman about a man than to know he's not just looking at her as a piece of meat, but rather an intuitive, intelligent person with feelings and real life concerns. Next time a woman confides something in her, actually listen and show her you're listening. She'll appreciate it so much more. I sometimes am too good at the listening game because of my educational background(BA in Psychology) and I think the fact most women aren't used to it, it creeps them out. But, who knows, only the ladies here can tell us that one.
 duqdukes99
Msg: 78
Women, what do you want from men other than money ?
Posted: 8/20/2007 11:46:30 PM
""I want them to do the work of romance. I shouldn't have to".
When did romance become work?
So you do not have to contribute anything to an interaction with another human being?

No wonder guys are getting irritated at us women! "
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2009 12:59:39 AM
I'm glad I started this ... it ran for a long time!!! :) HUgh
 kpooks
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2009 7:16:34 AM
Glad to see most of the ladies have a sense of humor about this.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 81
Posted: 3/28/2009 10:35:29 PM
If a lot of men think women all just want money from them.. would you mind pointing them out.. you know.. if you know who they are so that I can avoid those f*ckers like the plague. Thanks!
 ItsMargo
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2009 11:58:11 PM
I'll take a good laugh.

The kind that comes from the belly and pretty soon everyone else in the room is laughing too, even my teenaged daughter. Oh sure, she'll protest that it wasn't that funny, cuz I'm just too easy I guess. And his eyes and mine will find each other and we'll be off again, roaring in the delight of I'm not sure what, but gawd, feeling this good is infectious, isn't it?.
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 83
Posted: 3/29/2009 10:43:16 AM

Well, in the case of a man like yourself, OP.
It would be hard for a woman to get something,. out of NOTHING.

You guys are a riot! and as op is playing[trolling] with others emotions here

and the only ones who are getting his money are his ex's.

Nice try op [trolling] and your bad luck with women.
 my eyes are hazel
Msg: 84
Posted: 3/29/2009 11:50:53 PM
I have to say that most women don't want a man with money. I myself would like a man to be honest, communicate with me more, one that wont judge me or all women by how we look and try looking inside more than the outside, one that will accept the fact that I come as a package deal with two lovely children (well behaved and drug free), just a man that doesnt need a beer or alcohol to make it through each day . I know that money is not the most important thing to me, but a man that keeps a job or career would be nice. Good luck with you fishing!!!!!!
 *buzz*
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2009 12:19:57 PM
I would like the same what I would gladly give : body ~ mind ~ soul.
And of course, this connection can be only based on honesty, trust, affection and admiration
 DarcyMad
Msg: 86
Posted: 3/31/2009 8:24:40 AM
Jeez how about someone who didn't address me as "baby" the first time we chatted? Or how about someone who wanted to know me for ME and not my bra size? LOL There are a million things OTHER than money that I'd like in a man. Money is at the bottom of the list. Really, I'd like a guy to make close to what I make but I certainly don't LOOK for men who make a ton. I work hard and so should he. TOGETHER, we should enjoy the spoils of our labor.
 Stephalump
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/31/2009 5:43:48 PM
....men have more to offer than money?
I'm going to have to rethink my entire dating philosophy now. Thanks.

Edit: I thought of something! I want a man to carry a baseball bat downstairs when I hear something go bump in the night.
How's that?
 Skyrocker
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2009 8:51:04 PM
Women who adore money more then a man do not know the meaning of true love
 Stephalump
Msg: 89
Posted: 3/31/2009 9:19:22 PM
Mammal. Preferably rabid.
 c_deacon
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2009 12:00:03 AM
Can't give you love.....how about a credit card???......

OT.......There are many things that we want from one another, and it might be structured somehow in that word, but the reality of it all, is that most will give and take what they can, and if appropriate, we settle for what is, not just what we hope for.

Just my opinion.......
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 91
Posted: 4/1/2009 1:16:55 AM
A decent back rub?

woobytoodsday
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/1/2009 1:19:11 AM
Oops! That would be *instead* of money. . . .

Ankh1971
Msg: 93
Posted: 4/1/2009 3:17:40 AM
I know one thing women want from men and that is not me
 sweptaway5
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2009 7:04:44 AM
I might have said it better myself, but u certainly did it justice.....
 namrael
Msg: 95
Posted: 4/1/2009 7:19:41 AM
Honesty, integrity, open communication, respect, confidence, mutual chemistry, and lots of amazingly hot sex. Interests in common are good,as are similar but not identical world views.

While money is definitely a plus, the other factors I mentioned are far more important to me.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 96
Posted: 4/1/2009 7:43:30 PM
To open stubborn jars without that smug, "I'm stronger than you" look. Even though it's probably true if he got the jar open. I probably already KNEW that little fact anyway if I asked him to open the damned jar, right?
 cannpeters
Msg: 97
Posted: 4/2/2009 8:50:35 PM
I think many of us are tired of the "women only want men with money" or "if you don't have money, women won't date you." Hasn't this topic been done to death?

For the millionth time, if a woman just wants you for money, then she's a golddigger. Not all women are golddiggers; in fact, I bet that most are not. If she is, then why would you want her anyway? If you aren't getting dates, maybe it isn't your lack of money. Maybe it's just you!

Now, can we be done with this topic???
 my eyes are hazel
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/3/2009 12:31:23 AM
I have to agree with the baseball thing. I have an ex boyfriend that if something was heard outside he would tell me to go and have a look. That hurt my feelings mostly but just proved to me that he was a big you know what. Men out there do need to be true men and protect what they say they love and care about.
 tallyover
Msg: 99
Posted: 4/3/2009 4:42:58 AM

WELL.. what I would like from the MAN is passon for life, a true love of his woman, caring and understanding, HUMOR is always great, a great provider of compassion,and ready to try new things , GREAT IN BED always helps.
AND FOR HIM TO HAVE HIS OWN MONEY> I have mine,

Glorygirl - Adding a baseball bat and a toolbelt= PERFECTION!
 c_deacon
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2009 9:57:54 AM
A great mind, attractive face and body, and of course those wonderful pair of big ta-ta's!!!!!!!!........

OT.........There is no "one size" fits all when it comes to dating, being attracted to each other, and willing to sacrifice enough to actually work on a relationship.

What many of us want from each other, will be that degree of independence that makes one confident enough, that the other wants to be there, and does not think they have to be!!

Just my opinion.......
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women, what do you want from men other than money ?