Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women, what do you want from men other than money ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Stephalump
Msg: 101
Women, what do you want from men other than money ? Page 5 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)

A cup of coffee?

Good luck with that one, you money grubber!
 karma1160
Msg: 102
Women, what do you want from men other than money ?
Posted: 4/3/2009 6:03:31 PM
Hi women really want respect and genuine praise most.
We also want someone that looks at us like the catsmeow.
Appreciation is wonderful also but mostly what we want is the same as what you want.
It is walking into the door and having someones eyes light up because you are there.
 karma1160
Msg: 103
Posted: 4/3/2009 6:09:20 PM
Oh and don't forget to turn the coffee pot on before you leave dear or I am going to have to hustle someone at the coffee shop for a cup!
 Cozenage
Msg: 104
Posted: 4/22/2009 11:07:21 AM
I like just money ahah
 dallasdoer
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2009 7:41:02 AM
I did not invent the saying: women want lots of things from the same man, while men want the same thing from a lot of women.

When is the last time a women ever admitted to wanting you for money?

That's like an ex-con admitting that he did the crime.

Rule 1, never admit to anything.

The easy way is find a girl who has money, real money. When she gives to you
then you know she is not after yours.
 CLBlueEyes
Msg: 106
Posted: 4/24/2009 3:37:02 PM
I am so with you on the honesty factor - are there/is there any honest men?
 CLBlueEyes
Msg: 107
Posted: 4/25/2009 4:56:12 AM
I have my own money and my own home. I don't need a man for money. I may not be rich but I handle my own business.

I was brought up to believe the man pays on a first date. But let me ask this:

If I invite you to dinner at my house, purchase the food, beer/wine, and take the time to cook - does that constitute paying for our date?

I'm just looking for my best friend, companion, lover.....money is not the driver in a relationship for me.
 sanddallor
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2009 10:44:25 PM
Pick our cloths off the floor...I'll go one better, how about a guy that doesn't throw them on the floor in the first place.

In my experience from a guys perspective, if you go down the yellow brick road of honesty, even the lion, scarecrow and tin man have a chance.
 bob100
Msg: 109
Posted: 4/26/2009 6:23:04 PM
Women don't really care about money... until I show her a $30K ring, or that holiday apartment near the waters. Then it's a different story
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 110
Posted: 4/26/2009 8:11:04 PM
I am not someone who thinks "all women are gold-diggers" -- let that be known.

However, to be fair, guys who ponder the question of this thread, you should know -- women who are more affected by wealth & status -- are less likely to be spending their times on a dating forum. :)

Certain questions of what-women-want are not going to get a balanced response, so take the collective responses with that in mind.

I think if guys were judging on what women want, from a thread like this, they would come away thinking "Wow. Few if any women give a rat's a$$ about money! I'm so happy!" lol That is not the case, nor is it a black n white issue.

If ya want to go on stereotypical terms, women like money or status like men like looks. It doesn't mean everything to every single one of them, but too much for too many in the end. However, they can fall for someone who doesn't have a lot of it, as long as they have at least some... but there is a pass/fail line, and a lot of it ends up making up for many (not all) flaws to some degree.
 DonQuay
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2009 10:31:42 PM
Sorry..... I'm am ass man ..... :)
 suibhne
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2009 6:24:57 PM
Females want power, often they find a man who has money for it gives them power, if they have money, they will often look for a male they can control or none at all. Its all about power.

man + money = power
money = power
man + no money = no power
 DonQuay
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2010 12:36:03 AM
Have a look at the comments - most of which are derogatory - towards me immediately after I started this topic. It sort of says a lot ..... about the individuals themselves!
What men see from replies on here ... are an insight into womens motives for a relationship ... and what women deny .... or at the very least .... attempt to ignore about those motives.
AFTER the first couple pages of this topic - that contain the PC (whipped??) mens comments ;) - what men here have acknowledged is that a mans money ... or lack thereof .... is far more important to the woman, than the importance of the man himself.
Oh, .... and what women on here - apart from shouting loudly that they ALL seem to have THEIR OWN money - also appear to want .... is a guy to do the houshold chores .... instead of doing at least some themselves.
From replies on here .... women seem to want .... a rich, 'professional' (for ego?), good looking, younger than themselves, car mechanic, expert chef, great lover, ever so rosemantic, gutter cleaner and general dogsbody, etc, etc. that will be never tell her that she's overweight or spending more than can be afforded.
If all this isn't available ..... neither is she it seems.
(And please - asenine comments like 'We can dream can't we? But, we're willing to 'settle' for less than a perfect man ....etc, are simply ..... asenine! )
 Fifi47
Msg: 114
Posted: 2/27/2010 6:11:12 AM
This woman wants a man who will take me seriously, respect me , be there when times are good and bad, who is capable of being sexually monogamous and who can make me laugh. (would also be great if he enjoys cooking, dancing, travel, and likes cats)
 stephaniezowie
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2010 6:16:27 AM
I take offense to the assumption that I want money from a man because I have never and am not about that at all. I am not impressed by that in the least. I rely on myself. Matter of fact I always had more money than the person I am with in general but it was never really a factor to me. I have to laugh and be happy and completely on the same level. Sexually most of all. Money...that's like the least of my wants from a man. I do not acquaint money with maleness and anyone who does is either a prostitue or borderline retarded.
 glassygirl
Msg: 116
Posted: 2/27/2010 7:53:18 AM
Who says we want their money??
 WaywardWynde
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2010 8:18:33 AM
Most young women often want a man FAR more than than they want spendable cash.

Yet ...

... as the guys say, "You'll never see an ugly woman in a Corvette."

Now, truthfully, there aren't a lot of Corvettes out there, and the guys who buy Corvettes know WHY they are buying Corvettes. I, having as a young man met some number of Corvette passengers, learned early on I most certainly did not envy the owner of a Corvette. He got what he deserved.

However, as I grew older I found the percentage of single women who made pointed inquiries as to how much money I had, and more importantly how much money I was willing to spend on them, started to rise, and then rise again, and still rise again.

It should be noted these were SINGLE women, which as a class are dramatically different from women who formed involved relationships.

So, why did the women grow more adament about money as they grew older? Part of it was because the money-grubbers were more likely to stay single, and if mated, more likely to have their relationship(s) come apart.

In other words, the selection process shaded towards muddy waters in the pool.

In addition, and this is a biggie, women who are interested in money rather than a man have -- well -- little physical interest in a man. Women with a cash equivalent viewpoint of men only get their hands on the men no other woman wants. The uglies, the social nerds and the mean-spirits.

As women grow older, some particular percentage of them "drift" over from the "any car a guy can drive, we'll take the bus if necessary" to the "Buicks" and then on to the "MB's" and then the "Corvettes for the weekends".

A woman's interest in men as men is inversely proporational to her interest in men as ATM's. If you ask them, they'll tell you which is important to them. It is never both. Never.

It's a good question to ask a woman, though it is best asked obliquely.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 118
Posted: 2/27/2010 11:09:03 AM
This woman wants a man who will take me seriously, respect me , be there when times are good and bad, who is capable of being sexually monogamous and who can make me laugh. (would also be great if he enjoys cooking, dancing, travel, and likes cats)
OMG...you just described me (except for the dancing....sorry I save my 'dancing' for the bedroom). Where is my cascade of females beating down the door? Oh that's right.........(thread topic: "Women, what do you want from men other than money ?"

I think I'm beginning to put the 'puzzle' together.....
 ladyc4
Msg: 119
Posted: 2/27/2010 11:09:27 AM

Oh, .... and what women on here - apart from shouting loudly that they ALL seem to have THEIR OWN money - also appear to want .... is a guy to do the houshold chores .... instead of doing at least some themselves.
From replies on here .... women seem to want .... a rich, 'professional' (for ego?), good looking, younger than themselves, car mechanic, expert chef, great lover, ever so rosemantic, gutter cleaner and general dogsbody, etc, etc. that will be never tell her that she's overweight or spending more than can be afforded.
If all this isn't available ..... neither is she it seems.
(And please - asenine comments like 'We can dream can't we? But, we're willing to 'settle' for less than a perfect man ....etc, are simply ..... asenine! )

May I offer you some cheese to go with your whine?
What do I want from a man?
I want to not have to send him to a proctologist,in order to find his head.
If you(speaking to all guys here, not just the OP) are doing the very best you can to be the very best person you can be with the materials God has given you, would you please for pete's sake relax and let the Universe unfold however it unfolds for you, instead of getting all pissy and whiny.
What do I want from a man?
A freakin' POSITIVE attitude. I don't care if he has a 9-inch d*ck and "dead presidents" flying out of his butt. Without that positive attitude he's useless.
Cindy O
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 120
Posted: 2/27/2010 12:04:32 PM
Trooth? In my twenties, I wanted someone solid enough for me to be able to raise a family. Which is a good thing because there was virtually no day care, and as a woman I could only make about 40% of what a man made. Beyond being steady he was kind. In the long run it didn't work, because his desire to make money far exceeded his desire to be a husband or a daddy. He got his wish: he's a millionaire a couple of times over. And alone, for all practical purposes. He has me (sort of), his kids, his grandkids, and a friend from gradeschool. And his money.

In my life, about half the men I've been involved with have had less than I did. Including my second marriage. As nearly as I am able to tell, those fellas with big bucks fall saddeningly short of being whole self actualizing human beings. In my experience, they also feel wholly entitled to dispense with those elements of personality that make a man attractive: kindness, courtesy, and passion. If they're bright, it's about one thing only: getting and keeping. They become, by their own choice, boring to beat the band. If they've still a mind to find a mate, they'll drag out their money bags to try to attract, at least, the gold diggers (sure, they exist: both sexes), and whine when that's *all* they can attract. And blame the whole world of women for their own failure.

Healthy, sane human beings want other healthy sane human beings as companions and mates. If you can't bring that to the table, you're going to have a hard time. Period.

*buzz*
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2010 1:18:37 PM
Years haven't changed what I would love to "want" finding in MY man: best friend ~ lover ~ companion. And where money enters equation in relationship - well, as long as likes doing what he does for living, all is fair ...
BTW, not tinkering with the law & order
 WaywardWynde
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2010 2:08:26 PM
I kinda wish women wouldn't keep on saying they like "intelligent" men. I wish they would say, more accurately, they like men of about their own intelligence, not much more, not much less. Kinda, sorta a match.
 Fifi47
Msg: 123
Posted: 2/27/2010 2:43:14 PM
Intelligence is subjective. I have a high I.Q., but am about as mechanical as an ox, and probably could not pass a Calculus and/or Geometry class if someone put a gun to my head. I used to be friends with a woman who said that she had discovered years ago that she was smarter than most men she met and/or dated. She said that she would either marry a man who would worship her since she was so intelligent, or she would dumb herself down to marry an intelligent man, as intelligent men did not care for intelligent women.
 WaywardWynde
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2010 3:18:59 PM

I used to be friends with a woman who said that she had discovered years ago that she was smarter than most men she met and/or dated.

That means she has an IQ of 101

She said that she would either marry a man who would worship her since she was so intelligent,

Fat chance.

or she would dumb herself down to marry an intelligent man, as intelligent men did not care for intelligent women.

If she had actually met two or three or more men who actually were intelligent, she would not have said that. I have never heard a truly intelligent woman say that intelligent men did not care for intelligent women.

Guarantee ya, intelligent people look and sound ordinary on the street, for they have lots of practice from early grade school on. When they perhaps meet each other, they exchange signals and then move out of earshot of the others, to talk their talk. If perhaps someone were approach the two, they slip back into ordinary without the approacher any wiser to the contrary.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 125
Posted: 2/28/2010 4:47:10 PM
I see enough women dating musicians, unemployed, parolees to know that for the night out, it certainly aint about just money. But if you have no musical talent, no criminal record, and a mediocre job.... you best be getting more money out of your pocket.
Remember its not how much money you have.... its how much you are willing to part with in her direction.

Conversely, if she is an extremely hot girl, but never throws the sexn my way, It doesnt matter how hot she really is....

Its a shallow coy pond, not a vast wide ocean
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women, what do you want from men other than money ?