Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > People who just write "how are you"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bestwomanever
Msg: 26
People who just write how are you Page 2 of 78    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
BTW, I think that "onegoodwifebeaterleft" or whatever his name is is just trolling for women to respond to him in any way possible. Usually when guys try to think they're psychic and assume they make more money, etc., they know they've lost a debate and are just grasping for any pathetic straws to hold onto. Also, he really needs to look in the mirror before HE calls anyone unattractive. Those who live in butt-ugly houses shouldn't throw stones. Big shocker that loser is still single. He needs to use some of that free Canadian healthcare that Micheal Moore talks about and pay for some psychotherapy (emphasis on the "psycho" part).
This thread seems to reveal the true colors of some males on this site. Getting so violent because women ask for the courtesy of at least 2 sentances is seriously a sign of mental illness. I think those who actually have some brain power understand the point that other women and I are saying here. We would like a response that is somewhat personalized to us, even if it is just "Hi, I read your profile and think it's cool that you like (instert thing from profile) too. I'd like to chat sometime." Now, I'm sure the psycho will take offense at that and begin to ramble about his big bucks he makes at McDonald's as his witty response, lol.
 sherilyn70
Msg: 27
People who just write how are you
Posted: 7/18/2007 3:10:23 AM
Wow, I am really surprised at how many men say they won't write a decent starter email becuase they've been rejected too many times. You're not the only ones that get rejected you know. There have been a few times I emailed a guy that just had what I thought was an amazing fit from his profile and then got rejected or ignored. You have to keep jumping back on that horse and trying again and never get discouraged if you really do want to to find the one for you. I really don't understand why you think that just because YOU found a woman's profile to be interesting means she should feel the same about you. You really shouldn't expect a 100% return or even 50% return on emails because this is all about finding the right person. I'm 37, I've been around the block enough times to know exactly what I'm looking for and what doesn't work for me. I was even polite enough to be very upfront with it in my profile. Yes, I will reject over 50% of the guys that email me because I'm picky... but shouldn't everyone be picky?

Guys, a good profile is also important. Proper spelling, proper punctuation, and a little bit more depth than "Hi, I'm Bob and I like to camp" is needed. Think about when you go to a store, if you see a new item you're not familiar with it's the marketing/packaging that sells it and not the contents. You do have to sell yourself to some extent here and not everyone is going to like your sales pitch and want the product. A perfect example, there is a guy that sent me an email last Friday that I never would have responded to if he hadn't made a comment about the game I played in. When I looked at his profile it just looked like your average guy with the average hobbies for a man (golf, paintball, said he loved outdoor activities) and had zero hint of there being a geeky side of him. After I talked to him (and went out with him Monday for dinner) I have to say his profile totally misrepresented who he was. It turns out this guy is pretty active in the gaming community and a pretty decent geek, yet not a tiny bit of shows through in his profile.
 burnt angel
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/18/2007 3:42:06 AM
i always try to respond to each email in some way or another. of course rude and abrasive initial emails don't deserve response. but that aside, if someone decides to just say "hi" or "how are you" or some other unimaginative or uncreative salutation, there may be a reason. i'm not really interested in a relationship with a boring person, however, given that there may be a reason for there short initial email, i'll reply in turn. if they say hi, i'll say hi back. if they say "how are you?" i'll reply with a "very well thank you, and you?" this lets them know i'm open to giving them opportunity to reply with something a little more personal. if the second email shows any signs of being more personal and more intelligent, then i'll happily continue correspondance with them. if it's equally as boring as the first, then i will probably write another letter declining further correspondance.
 tdh46
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/18/2007 7:29:11 AM
At least you get 3 words.....This i swear to god was an e-mail i got from a woman about a week ago......

Hi

That's it nothing more but "Hi", So in keeping with the theme i simply replied...Hello"".

The next day she replied with this gem......"Good morning". That was it nothing more, just Good morning.

The lady had written me two e-mails with a grant total of 3 words....Just how much thought did she actually put into it before contacting me?

Can someone tell me just how was i supposed to respond to this woman? Did i have anything at all to work with?
 sherilyn70
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/18/2007 9:49:12 AM
Tigerwoods... your profile is very subject to interpretation. Don't assume that just because a fat woman like me sent you an email that they didn't read your profile. :) You stated "I adore women that share a similar philosophy, and understand the importance of health and fitness" I think that there are a lot of women out there that are overweight that do understand the importance of health and fitness. I am one of those. I just lack a little motivation right now, I admit I gained weight after falling into a not so pretty place in my life. I am interested in fix it and with the right person I very well may find just the motivation I need. You list many interests that are not image related, so if you were my type and local to me... I very well may have given it a "what can it hurt?" shot and seen if you weren't too shallow and could see me for who I am in terms of everything else we have in common.
 KitNbootz
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/18/2007 9:58:36 AM
I don't get annoyed. I just READ, DELETE, (and probably) BLOCK.

Can't take the 30 seconds to actually formulate a sincere sentence? Too busy cut-n-pasting and carpet bombing every woman on PoF? No problem. I can't be bothered to reply. Bye-bye!

Happy fishing.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2007 10:16:26 AM
I got, I'm not into emailing, maybe chat with you some time, Something like that.
Never did hear back from her, I replied with my msn I think. Sometimes a bad idea sometimes not:)
 scorpiomover
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2007 10:28:41 AM
When I write half a page, they don't email back. So what do you want? A mind-reader?
 Tim0066
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/18/2007 10:31:39 AM
I must be getting slow...

I just noticed the irony between the topic of this thread and the website its on...

We are all for contact with someone we really click well with... so just a "How are you" is a lure, a person tosses a line out and see's who bites.

I don't think I've ever written just "How are you" unless it was a sarcastic reply to a woman who wrote "Hi, I like your profile"

I figure a short initial email deserved a short reply.

Who knows... but I've never been accused of lacking the ability to type long emails.

Although I'm tempted to send a "How are you" email to all the ladies who've posted in this thread ab0ut how annoying a short first mail is... sorry I'm just in a sarcastic mood, the rain ruined my days work so I'm here to troll the forums.
 sherilyn70
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/18/2007 10:34:44 AM
Maybe it depends on the women then. Out of the quality emails I've received I have probably sent about the same initiated number out to men.

I don't respond to everyone and I don't mail out in mass. I only send emails to the ones that truly caught my interest. There is one currently that I am disappointed has been rather non communicative back. I sent him an initial email with a decent amount of detail... he read it but didn't delete it. So a week later I sent a second email asking if he was not interested and should I move on. He responded after that, we talked a couple of times... but when trying to get him to commit to actually meeting or talking on the phone he is non responsive again, so it's time to move on. I tried, it didn't work, no big deal... lots of other men in Columbus.

Sites like this are tools to help us find what we're looking for. This is not the only place I look and online is not the only method I use. I met a few wonderful guys at gaming conventions this year. I do however find that the online search is more successful though since I'm not a drinker or an extremely social person and I am looking for someone with a more technical type of interests.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2007 11:04:05 AM
i got my first unread deleted last week, I copy and pasted the same message and sent it again, same thing unread deleted, I'm not one to complain, but shesh have a look at the message. I had sent a detailed message. I usually do, How are you is not going to cut it.
Read thier profile, find some common interests and go from there.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/18/2007 11:44:15 AM
I had forgotten this, but there was a time frame when I was constantly (and I mean often) getting this:

"Wazzup ?????"

Like I know how to respond to that? My initial thought was "ut oh, another 22 year old." Oddly ~ nope, men in their 30-40s. Wazzup? That's like asking me to come over and play X-Box for a first date. Those usually got a thesis on the the origin, depth and overall limpness of such an introduction. Maybe the best answer would have been, "nuthin."
 lbgirl_87
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/18/2007 12:06:19 PM
I personally don't mind a simple "how are you?" and yes I must admit I have send that line many times, and actually gotten responses. But if you want originality and unique here is an e-mail I just recieved

"Hi, I'm ......
I enjoyed your profile and thought you were very attractive :)
-I have no idea how to approach a person online...I do know that every website I see is trying to give me advice as to what is the best "move" on the ladies...haha Gimme a break, huh? Ok so I'm going to steer right into the skid and shoot this one off!
Our First Date:
So, I pick you up (nervous as hell!), but I see you at the front door, my jaw drops of course, because you are so beautiful (thinking even more so in person). I hand you a very nice, sexy, yet classy, bouquet of flowers. We are then off to a very nice, relaxing evening with dinner and stroll down the board walk....We (to our great surprise), connect on so many different levels and laugh all day! It's amazing....
Against all my instincts, I call you the next day and ask if you would like to go to Las Vegas for a full day os shopping and sight-seeing at the nicest hotels! We get a drink and end the night with cuddling (no sex) and can't wait to see each other again....
Haha, ok there it was, my crazy imagination...If you want to know about our potential third date, check out my profile and, if you like, feel free to give me a call or contact me on messenger..."

Obviously I had to answer that one.
 civic2004
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/18/2007 12:36:00 PM
A subject near and dear and the type of e mail I HATE!!!!!!!

I get e mails that give me no clue if the woman is interesed in further e mailing or telephoneing or meeting.

I think it is some head case that has too much time on her hands.

I try to write a short non-form letter e mail about why I like a woman's profile.

I prefer the same if they write me. Don't give me your dog's name and your life's story.

As they say in the business world-the shorter the e mail (with something of value in it) the more likely it is to be read.

But if you e mail me, please don't just say 'Hi, how's it going or how you are doing' and nothing else.

Those won't be replied to.
 sherilyn70
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/18/2007 12:36:45 PM
Unfortunately you are very correct about woman gamers. We aren't that common. Many of the ones that do exist are because they married a gamer. I am the rare single female gamer. I go to conventions alone and when I game I typically try to avoid being sterotyped as the token female or girlfriend.

As for the conventions, I can handle the swarm. I am a hug flirt at cons. Being female the odds of me meeting someone are much much higher than you are though.
Role percantile dice and hope you get a 01, I probably have to roll 50.

I'm working on changing the ways of the world though... soon women gamers will invade every part of the country. We started a womens gaming group and are trying to spread the word and make women feel secure in a more male dominated hobby. Gamerwenches.com is still in it's infancy, our first con will be Gencon in August.

I really do understand the rejection though, I get it a lot out here. I'm geeky, I like to play D&D. I have severely limited the types of men that are interested in me for more than sex. :D Most of the "average" men don't want a woman like me... I scare them.
 luvbiggirls
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2007 3:25:41 PM
good lord, who cares
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2007 4:43:59 PM
If it's a "How are you" coupled with something they read in my profile, it's cool. At least I know they liked something about me.
But most times the how are yous are from people who type "ask me" in every category on their profile. No thanks.
 RAZ49
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2007 5:50:33 PM
" Raz...it is not a question of being offended. Sheesh...rarely offended by 3 words..well, unless it's an intended insult, which fortunately have not experienced.
But come on! Just a few, or less, full interested sentences implying you read the person's profile, like said profile, and somewhat interested in the human behind the profile...is not a difficult effort. And very appreciated by grownups."

Like I said, I have done that and it has always been a waste of time. Maybe if you women were the ones writing and sending 90% of the emails you would see what we mean. You get tired of writing out detailed emails that reference some thing in their profile to show you really did read it when 99.9% of the time the women don't reply so you start making them short to see if they want to talk to you or not.
 sherilyn70
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/18/2007 6:35:01 PM

I really do understand the rejection though, I get it a lot out here. I'm geeky, I like to play D&D. I have severely limited the types of men that are interested in me for more than sex. :D Most of the "average" men don't want a woman like me... I scare them.

sherilyn:do you understand stfu

Wow, what did I do to you? For you to respond that much anger I must have done something to hurt you. Did I hit a sore spot for you? Or did you see yourself as one of the men that is intimadated by who I am and the fact that I know exactly what I want?
 JDMETRO
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/18/2007 9:11:46 PM
"Maybe if you women were the ones writing and sending 90% of the emails you would see what we mean. You get tired of writing out detailed emails that reference some thing in their profile to show you really did read it when 99.9% of the time the women don't reply so you start making them short to see if they want to talk to you or not."

EXACTLY ----

Joe
 bestwomanever
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/18/2007 9:29:48 PM
Customjim, I don't think women on here are being "smug" about this, women just appreciate more than just a generic "how are you". If you'd read one of my last comments, I do say that I appreciate every email I get (that isn't mean) and take it as a compliment no matter what. Also, sounds to me like you're trying to get into Cellion's pants. Might want to control your hormones here, kinda gross.
 penny-stx
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/18/2007 9:37:11 PM
Write back 3 pages of how you really are .........in explicit detail. Our monthlies, been run over by a bus, full of cold, the boss doesn't understand you, the kitchen tap is sending you bonkers with dripping, television is driving you mad with crime shows, you are concerned about an odd noise from the car.......You could write a book on ' How are You" As a spin off , it is considered good therapy to write down your problems. Two birds with one stone.........
 bestwomanever
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/19/2007 12:30:10 AM
Hey Queen3, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Look in the mirror next time you say that.
 connection123
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/19/2007 1:11:02 AM
A short message just means the person is interested.
Emails shouldnt be auditions to respond to the best one. What the profile is like i would think would carry more weight...
 bestwomanever
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/19/2007 1:25:32 AM
Customjim, I didn't realize that my responding to people in this thread is me "being a protective hen." You have issues, sir. Seek psychotherapy. The only people I've "bashed" as your mental head sees it, were a couple of woman-haters like yourself who were putting down another poster and calling her ugly. You have the same angry attitude as those guys and, along with your ugliness on the outside as well, proves that you'll be single and bitter for the rest of your life. How on earth did someone as ugly as you get a wife anyway? No wonder you're divorced. Get a haircut sasqutch. And what exactly does the line "one day that hair between your b@@bs will be your pu$$y" mean? What hair? And hair becomes a "pu$$y"? That makes about as much sense as the rest of your verbal diahrreah. And how exactly am I "bashing everyone" in my profile? Just because I say I don't want a guy who uses drugs? You must be a druggie yourself then if you take such huge offense to that. You look like a homeless druggie so that makes sense. Whatever, the only people who bash me are ugly guys like you who are upset you can't get a woman like me. I'm sure that Cellion poster thinks you're ugly too and you have no chance with her, me or any great catch for that matter. Get over yourself and quit hating on beautiful women just because you can't get any of us.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > People who just write "how are you"