Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > People who just write "how are you"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bestwomanever
Msg: 51
People who just write how are you Page 3 of 78    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
The reason is because, in So Cal, most guys are into drugs and don't have a college degree. See? Bet you didn't think I'd have an answer. Also, it's "womAN", not "womEN." Maybe you should go to college or, if that's too hard for you, take a Basics in English course online. Not bashing there, just trying to help you out. And where exactly did I call myself "perfect"? You angry guys are so black and white, it's quite bizaare of you.
 bestwomanever
Msg: 52
People who just write how are you
Posted: 7/19/2007 1:55:31 AM
Well, it's not a rant if it's true. And keep telling yourself I give a shit. I know this is the only attention from women you get. You never answered my questions either, which must mean that you know I'm right deep inside. I just enjoy putting dumb people in their place, that's all.
If you'd like, I can look up several therapists for you there in OK. I'd suggest you see one ASAP.
 sherilyn70
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/19/2007 3:27:27 AM
Allow me to enlighten you, my very confused friend. I think the biggest reason you have trouble getting people to take you seriously is the fact you claim to be a female geeky/D&D type, yet in your profile you say you are a man and are seeking a woman.....so wtf?

EyeDye, I just went and triple checked.... no where can I find what you just stated. Neither can any of the friends I had look. Are you sure you looked at my profile? LOL.

The stats in my profile say
City: Columbus Ohio
Sign: Aquarius
Height:5' 7" (170 cm)
Ethnicity: Caucasian with Red hair

Oh... I think I might have figured out what you just looked at. Were you looking at the SEARCH bar they put at the top of pages for people to look for other members? LOL It defaults to male looking for female every time. I notice that of course because I always have to modify it to do a search.
 bestwomanever
Msg: 54
Posted: 7/19/2007 3:51:38 AM
Actually Sherilyn, he was talking about someone else who posted a page or two earlier. I'm too lazy to go look at what their screenname is, but it was someone without a pic who said they're a woman. I guess their profile, however, says they're a man, but I didn't look myself. So he wasn't talking about you, I think he can tell you're a female, lol.
 sherilyn70
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/19/2007 4:23:34 AM
But he quoted my text. :)
 JDMETRO
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/19/2007 6:47:58 AM
Bottom line folks... What people say in a message or on their profile is colored by your perception of their looks in the photo - much of the time.

The best prose in the world could be delivered to me in a message and if the gal is totally unacceptable looks wise - it simply doesn't matter...

Truth hurts and I am sure it works that way when some women (who think that they are HOT) read my messages... whatever I say is simply dismissed because they do not like my looks.

Joe
 sherilyn70
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/19/2007 6:55:49 AM
I think you're misinterpreting the concept of "I know exactly what I want". If you read my profile I said I'm not looking for the perfect man that they come as is. There is wiggle room, but there are some things that I can't give up on. I left my very compfortable long term relationship of 7 years (3 years ago) because I realized I could not settle... so I am not about to start doing that now.

By saying I know what I want there are specific qualities they must possess...
1) Intelligence
2)The ability to think outside the box
3)Somewhat similar interests (computers and gaming or scifi)
4)A dominant personality
5)Live close to me and be willing to spend time with me on a regular basis (by regular I mean at minimum a few times a week once we've established we like each other)
6)Not be afraid of my sexuality.
 sherilyn70
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/19/2007 1:49:16 PM
Okay.... so I just got an email that said "Hi it would be nice to know you. "

Does it make everyone happy that I replied? Of course I said "why do you think it would be nice?" lol. He hasn't answered that back of course.
 sherilyn70
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/19/2007 1:59:33 PM

i also believe we all sort each other out first by our photos ........then by our profiles. good looks trumps everything else....add a good profile and you are in the money.......sometimes great profiles make the average curiously better. bottom line though if you do not look good enough to the receiver usually all the clever talk in the world is not enough

The right match for me would realize what an insult that just was right there. I do not sort by photos first. I talk to men based on what they wrote about themselves and what they are looking for. The picture is only 5% for me, I'll even talk to men with no profile pictures.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/19/2007 2:23:42 PM
I don't know, what do you think? Was it a slow day for forum topics on POF? I mean, I don't know. How are you?

I don't know. I think you misinterpreted it. Maybe. I think so.
 Tim0066
Msg: 61
Posted: 7/19/2007 3:57:16 PM
verygreeneyez;

That's like asking me to come over and play X-Box for a first date.

You never know, it might be a fun date... can't hurt to try.

With the right person, almost anything will be fun.

Although, I don't have any video games, my son grew out of them, sorry... how about chess? checkers and pizza? strip-trivia persuit?

Twister is always fun for a first date too... Don't laugh, I had a girl come over with it once, amazing how many girls carry it in the trunk of their car.

----

I've wrote a lot of emails that were short and still got a response although I almost always type about 20 words regarding someones profile.

If its the right person, even a simple "hello, I liked your profile" will get a reply... we all know its true. Hopefully the emails grow longer as you talk.
 sherilyn70
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/19/2007 4:24:08 PM

That's like asking me to come over and play X-Box for a first date.

You never know, it might be a fun date... can't hurt to try.

I agree!! I personally think that that is a great first date. :
 bestwomanever
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/19/2007 4:49:55 PM
BTW, I just got the shortest email I've gotten. It just said "Well?" I took the suggestion of other posters and just replied with "what?" Hmm, maybe he'll respond with a "how" or "why".
Also, since this thread, I've gotten a ton of "how are you" emails from guys who are trying to be funny. I wonder if they honestly think they're being original with that one? lol
 designingwoman
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2007 7:48:25 PM
I think it's better to get a quick how are you than one of those stupid paste and cut letters that are so obviously mass emailed.
 Man_with_a_Dream
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2007 9:46:15 PM
Hi How are you... HMM let me say that when you meet someone off the street what do you say to them here is my card read my profile then talk to me....People you are going too far

Gee it is a greeting get over it and if you are that shallow that you can't say HI then it is not worth the effort..

I am not going to waste my time writing a huge e-mail to someone just for them to look at my profile or just a pic to say no way not cute enough or i don't like what he says in his profile and you delete my msg i took the time to write and ya don't even answer and delete me so what was the point of write a well thought mail to begin with

Jim
 bestwomanever
Msg: 66
Posted: 7/19/2007 10:11:54 PM
Cabby, wanting something a little more interesting than "hi" isn't shallow at all, has nothing to do with being shallow. Like one poster said, even a one-liner is fine, as long as it shows that that person has read your profile. For the millionth time, we aren't expecting people to write huge emails right away, just at least make them personalized in some shape or form. Man, some of you guys on here as soooo extreme about everything. Personally, I'm looking for an artiuclate man who's had at least as much formal education as me. When I get some "how r u" or "wzzzup," it makes him appear to be inarticulate, uneducated, or maybe even just a moron.
 Tim0066
Msg: 67
Posted: 7/19/2007 11:34:02 PM
I mailed Kat with "How are you" when this thread started just for fun... and I've had some funny emails back and forth with her... so BOO HOO! to the cheesy emails not getting ya anywhere you can make a new friend with just a simple wise*ass remark.

oh and sorry Chica I put you in my fav's so I could go back and read your profile... it was too long to read quickly which is cool cause "you do it for me!" sowwy I just love long profiles... can't resist reading them

EDIT: you watch discovery kids on Saturdays, how cute! lol

short emails are just as bad as short profiles... its as if the person doesn't have much character, personality or style... if they really have such trouble writing about themselves and to people in email, then they should seek some help in how to express themselves or take some typing lessons... otherwise who wants to be with a boring person? Your profile and emails are a limited expression of who you are.
 LittleMissScareAll
Msg: 68
Posted: 7/20/2007 12:01:47 AM
Ha, I do that alot because it would be sort of pointless to send a big 3 page email to somebody just to have them not respond to you or something(though I cant think of a time I messaged somebody & they didn't reply)...but if it did happen that would suck. So I just keep it short until they reply back.
 evrybdy
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2007 4:15:17 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why everyone jumped on adatude or what his name was. I certainly would have asked him about his store. That's a great convo-starter! How are you's are good for me, hi's too. Sometimes I don't get to the profile and leave it in my inbox, because like my regular mail, I get so many emails here that I need to set aside time for it, but I love chatting with people, and however they approach me is a plus. I have gotten hate mail, so a how are you? looks good to me instead of that! Women on here are really asking for too much, these men are going through a lot just to get a response. I know cause I have a lot of guyfriends and hear their complaints. Lighten up and give them a chance! A lot of times if you check their profile, they really did write a ton of stuff for you to read about, or maybe you just don't have the time for that? You certainly have time to talk on here!!! LOL

M
 sherilyn70
Msg: 70
Posted: 7/20/2007 5:21:18 AM

but I love chatting with people

I think that might be the key that a lot of people are missing here. Some of us aren't here to chat. Some of us don't enjoy small chit chat and meaningless conversations and have better things to do with our time. If that were all I was looking for then I'd go hit a chat room on yahoo.
 sherilyn70
Msg: 71
Posted: 7/20/2007 5:27:47 AM

How about getting the same greeting to the letter from a person twice and they forgot they sent you one in the first place month ago.

I have had that one happen many times as well, lol. I also find that they hit me on all sites around the same time as well. I'll get the same email from them from different resources. My pictures are all the same, my profile is copy and pasted from site to site. I expect them to remember if they've just read it somewhere else.
 crystalise
Msg: 72
Posted: 7/20/2007 6:02:27 AM
Are you talking about people you already know or strangers -
Either way - nope doesnt bother me at all

Its a fairly standard greeting. They are enquiring about you and it gives you room to reply without having to respond anything else they write about themselves... It's a conversation starter...
 Man_with_a_Dream
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2007 11:30:43 AM
freebird

I'm looking for an artiuclate man who's had at least as much formal education as me. When I get some "how r u" or "wzzzup," it makes him appear to be inarticulate, uneducated, or maybe even just a moron.

OK so what you are looking for is someone that has a higher education or as equal as you.. Nothing wrong with that at all when i write someone i am interested in... the problem is i never know what to say Yes i have read your profile and seen that you do not like drugs at all nor want to date someone using them and a lot of guys want brunettes or Asian Girls... well so see i did read i went through it quick... also seen that you posted about this subject as well...

The issue as i see it if someone sends me a msg, now granted I might take a day or two to respond But At least if someone sends you a e-mail read delete because it is not what you like... if nothing more than to say no thanks... Then it is a reply maybe short but at least they know for sure IMO I consider it RUDE if a person just doesn't respond and deletes them...

And yes I am high School educated but I have known a lot of people from college with a degree but not much in the way of life smarts so anyway education is just what you make of it....

Jim
 Man_with_a_Dream
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2007 11:41:02 AM
MIKA K

I hardly think asking a guy to write me more then 3 words is " asking too much

Yes i will agree i never just say hi how are you.... I write a cpl sentences but Like as some are so shallow not to answer

My normal is Hello my I read your profile and you sound interesting (i will put in here interests that we may have) and I would be interested in chatting with you.....

Now I normally get the big old read (but not deleted) or just deleted... al most all look at my profile

But very few respond and i have even went and e-mail a big paragraph and no response just delete ... MY profile says i want LTR but if you read it it also say that I just like talking to people as well....

So whats the point of writing a long or a short people are only going to answer to whom they want to anyway...

Jim
 Man_with_a_Dream
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2007 11:53:47 AM
WHATSAUSERNAME

After reading your profile... and it is a very well Done and thought out... You are a very down to earth person and that is what really what most of us are looking for... NOT ALL but most.. you give a person plenty to think about... and personally I would msg you just because of your honesty.. and someone i would like to chat with from time to time as a friend.. and if i would ever get that way which i do from time to time Someone i would meet for conversation and a cup of coffee ....

Jim
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > People who just write "how are you"