Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > People who just write "how are you"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bestwomanever
Msg: 101
People who just write how are you Page 5 of 78    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Customjim, I didn't realize that my responding to people in this thread is me "being a protective hen." You have issues, sir. Seek psychotherapy. The only people I've "bashed" as your mental head sees it, were a couple of woman-haters like yourself who were putting down another poster and calling her ugly. You have the same angry attitude as those guys and, along with your ugliness on the outside as well, proves that you'll be single and bitter for the rest of your life. How on earth did someone as ugly as you get a wife anyway? No wonder you're divorced. Get a haircut sasqutch. And what exactly does the line "one day that hair between your b@@bs will be your pu$$y" mean? What hair? And hair becomes a "pu$$y"? That makes about as much sense as the rest of your verbal diahrreah. And how exactly am I "bashing everyone" in my profile? Just because I say I don't want a guy who uses drugs? You must be a druggie yourself then if you take such huge offense to that. You look like a homeless druggie so that makes sense. Whatever, the only people who bash me are ugly guys like you who are upset you can't get a woman like me. I'm sure that Cellion poster thinks you're ugly too and you have no chance with her, me or any great catch for that matter. Get over yourself and quit hating on beautiful women just because you can't get any of us.
 queen3
Msg: 102
People who just write how are you
Posted: 7/19/2007 1:42:05 AM
freebird you are one angry women, if your so perfect why are you so single?
 bestwomanever
Msg: 103
Posted: 7/19/2007 1:48:24 AM
The reason is because, in So Cal, most guys are into drugs and don't have a college degree. See? Bet you didn't think I'd have an answer. Also, it's "womAN", not "womEN." Maybe you should go to college or, if that's too hard for you, take a Basics in English course online. Not bashing there, just trying to help you out. And where exactly did I call myself "perfect"? You angry guys are so black and white, it's quite bizaare of you.
 customjim
Msg: 104
Posted: 7/19/2007 1:50:10 AM
freebird you honestly make me laugh

keep ranting and revealing what a nice person and catch you are

you feel better now
 bestwomanever
Msg: 105
Posted: 7/19/2007 1:55:31 AM
Well, it's not a rant if it's true. And keep telling yourself I give a shit. I know this is the only attention from women you get. You never answered my questions either, which must mean that you know I'm right deep inside. I just enjoy putting dumb people in their place, that's all.
If you'd like, I can look up several therapists for you there in OK. I'd suggest you see one ASAP.
 sherilyn70
Msg: 106
Posted: 7/19/2007 3:27:27 AM
Allow me to enlighten you, my very confused friend. I think the biggest reason you have trouble getting people to take you seriously is the fact you claim to be a female geeky/D&D type, yet in your profile you say you are a man and are seeking a woman.....so wtf?

EyeDye, I just went and triple checked.... no where can I find what you just stated. Neither can any of the friends I had look. Are you sure you looked at my profile? LOL.

The stats in my profile say
City: Columbus Ohio
Sign: Aquarius
Height:5' 7" (170 cm)
Ethnicity: Caucasian with Red hair

Oh... I think I might have figured out what you just looked at. Were you looking at the SEARCH bar they put at the top of pages for people to look for other members? LOL It defaults to male looking for female every time. I notice that of course because I always have to modify it to do a search.
 bestwomanever
Msg: 107
Posted: 7/19/2007 3:51:38 AM
Actually Sherilyn, he was talking about someone else who posted a page or two earlier. I'm too lazy to go look at what their screenname is, but it was someone without a pic who said they're a woman. I guess their profile, however, says they're a man, but I didn't look myself. So he wasn't talking about you, I think he can tell you're a female, lol.
 sherilyn70
Msg: 108
Posted: 7/19/2007 4:23:34 AM
But he quoted my text. :)
 HookinMouth
Msg: 109
Posted: 7/19/2007 5:20:47 AM

Wow, what did I do to you? For you to respond that much anger I must have done something to hurt you. Did I hit a sore spot for you? Or did you see yourself as one of the men that is intimadated by who I am and the fact that I know exactly what I want?

It is way to obvious that you in fact DO know EXACTLY what you want...and i don't think they have little jennies in bottles any more to give you your wish

Some one posted earlier,that a short message is like an icebreaker, and if you want to leave a short message back, thats the first step. We don't live in a perfect world, and your not going to find your perfect guy, everybody's got a thing, so like Stevie Wonder once said ..Don't you worry bout a thing

Anyway I will say Good Luck in your search and Happy Fishing
 JDMETRO
Msg: 110
Posted: 7/19/2007 6:47:58 AM
Bottom line folks... What people say in a message or on their profile is colored by your perception of their looks in the photo - much of the time.

The best prose in the world could be delivered to me in a message and if the gal is totally unacceptable looks wise - it simply doesn't matter...

Truth hurts and I am sure it works that way when some women (who think that they are HOT) read my messages... whatever I say is simply dismissed because they do not like my looks.

Joe
 sherilyn70
Msg: 111
Posted: 7/19/2007 6:55:49 AM
I think you're misinterpreting the concept of "I know exactly what I want". If you read my profile I said I'm not looking for the perfect man that they come as is. There is wiggle room, but there are some things that I can't give up on. I left my very compfortable long term relationship of 7 years (3 years ago) because I realized I could not settle... so I am not about to start doing that now.

By saying I know what I want there are specific qualities they must possess...
1) Intelligence
2)The ability to think outside the box
3)Somewhat similar interests (computers and gaming or scifi)
4)A dominant personality
5)Live close to me and be willing to spend time with me on a regular basis (by regular I mean at minimum a few times a week once we've established we like each other)
6)Not be afraid of my sexuality.
 EyeDye
Msg: 112
Posted: 7/19/2007 7:31:33 AM

EyeDye, I just went and triple checked.... no where can I find what you just stated. Neither can any of the friends I had look. Are you sure you looked at my profile? LOL.

Actually I took that quote from HookinMouth on page 4 of this thread. Apparently he dosent know to use either " " or the quote box when quoting someone else, and I took those words as his own.
 HookinMouth
Msg: 113
Posted: 7/19/2007 9:35:27 AM

6)Not be afraid of my sexuality.

mmmmm that ones got me thinking
 sherilyn70
Msg: 114
Posted: 7/19/2007 1:49:16 PM
Okay.... so I just got an email that said "Hi it would be nice to know you. "

Does it make everyone happy that I replied? Of course I said "why do you think it would be nice?" lol. He hasn't answered that back of course.
 customjim
Msg: 115
Posted: 7/19/2007 1:51:05 PM
ok i went to several of freebirds many psychologists for therapy to rid myself of all my anger issues..... POOF!!!!!!!

they know her well and tell me it is not nice to imply that she is either smug or evil spirited because she will take it personally....and yes it is not her fault ....it is the fault of anyone that does not agree or conform to her way of thinking

are you here to understand why people say a short hello or just to bash them......because i believe all communication from strangers from afar is a sign of interest in the receiver

i also believe we all sort each other out first by our photos ........then by our profiles. good looks trumps everything else....add a good profile and you are in the money.......sometimes great profiles make the average curiously better. bottom line though if you do not look good enough to the receiver usually all the clever talk in the world is not enough

so when we say something short and sweet we know you will check us out and rate us in your mind and if we have the goods you will communicate allowing us to now start a viable conversation...we are not trying to irritate you

so i would say being irritated at one liners is somewhat smug and bashing is evil spirited
 sherilyn70
Msg: 116
Posted: 7/19/2007 1:59:33 PM

i also believe we all sort each other out first by our photos ........then by our profiles. good looks trumps everything else....add a good profile and you are in the money.......sometimes great profiles make the average curiously better. bottom line though if you do not look good enough to the receiver usually all the clever talk in the world is not enough

The right match for me would realize what an insult that just was right there. I do not sort by photos first. I talk to men based on what they wrote about themselves and what they are looking for. The picture is only 5% for me, I'll even talk to men with no profile pictures.
 HookinMouth
Msg: 117
Posted: 7/19/2007 2:10:00 PM

Okay.... so I just got an email that said "Hi it would be nice to know you. "

Does it make everyone happy that I replied? Of course I said "why do you think it would be nice?" lol. He hasn't answered that back of course.

You must be happy your getting so much attention on this thread
Just goes to prove you don't want to talk to any normal dude, you'd rather make a joke out of it

Still Good Luck to Ya
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 118
Posted: 7/19/2007 2:23:42 PM
I don't know, what do you think? Was it a slow day for forum topics on POF? I mean, I don't know. How are you?

I don't know. I think you misinterpreted it. Maybe. I think so.
 Janet4now
Msg: 119
Posted: 7/19/2007 3:39:30 PM

if a woman's profile is nice enough to engage my interest but does not say much to use in a first contact mail?

the more attractive less literate types? ...
 Tim0066
Msg: 120
Posted: 7/19/2007 3:57:16 PM
verygreeneyez;

That's like asking me to come over and play X-Box for a first date.

You never know, it might be a fun date... can't hurt to try.

With the right person, almost anything will be fun.

Although, I don't have any video games, my son grew out of them, sorry... how about chess? checkers and pizza? strip-trivia persuit?

Twister is always fun for a first date too... Don't laugh, I had a girl come over with it once, amazing how many girls carry it in the trunk of their car.

----

I've wrote a lot of emails that were short and still got a response although I almost always type about 20 words regarding someones profile.

If its the right person, even a simple "hello, I liked your profile" will get a reply... we all know its true. Hopefully the emails grow longer as you talk.
 mika k
Msg: 121
Posted: 7/19/2007 4:07:56 PM
Unfortunately these are what most of my messages are like . I hate 3 word messages. Yeah like i really want to respond to someone who says only , hi , nothing else just , hi . Sometimes i get " wat u doin " or " how r u " . I mean if you wont even bother yourself to write more then 2 or 3 sentences then i will not be interested . It shows to me that you could care less if i answer you back or not .

Yeah yeah i have heard the old complaint on here that " oh all my messages get deleted " . Well so what . So you expect a woman is going to be happy with "wat u doin"?? Maybe if men would stop messaging " only " the small percentage of the really hot women on here who are leagues ahead of them then they would get better results . How about giving us " plain janes " a chance.

I can't tell you how many profiles i read that say looking for a good , honest ,decent , not shallow etc... I don't think that is what most men are looking for . You have to look like a supermodel just to have a chance . They could care less what the personality is like so long as the woman is hot , and they can parade her around to show off to others as if to say " look what i got " .
 sherilyn70
Msg: 122
Posted: 7/19/2007 4:24:08 PM

That's like asking me to come over and play X-Box for a first date.

You never know, it might be a fun date... can't hurt to try.

I agree!! I personally think that that is a great first date. :
 bestwomanever
Msg: 123
Posted: 7/19/2007 4:49:55 PM
BTW, I just got the shortest email I've gotten. It just said "Well?" I took the suggestion of other posters and just replied with "what?" Hmm, maybe he'll respond with a "how" or "why".
Also, since this thread, I've gotten a ton of "how are you" emails from guys who are trying to be funny. I wonder if they honestly think they're being original with that one? lol
 Bikeman_
Msg: 124
Posted: 7/19/2007 5:21:28 PM

BTW, I just got the shortest email I've gotten. It just said "Well?"
Oh c'mon Free Bird, answer with something shorter, like "Huh?" or "So?"
 Irreverent Lass
Msg: 125
Posted: 7/19/2007 5:58:24 PM
You can also set your mail so that people can't mail you letters under 50, 250 etc. words, I believe. You can choose.

Yes, yes. I did set mine to avoid the short notes.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > People who just write "how are you"