Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > People who just write "how are you"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Irreverent Lass
Msg: 101
People who just write how are you Page 5 of 78    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

But please, if you're going to respond back, I hope you refrain from creating your own little "whinefest" as you did in your last post.
It cuts both ways, y'know.

Don't play holier-than-thou with me. Your motives in the post were clear.
 sherilyn70
Msg: 102
People who just write how are you
Posted: 7/18/2007 6:35:01 PM

I really do understand the rejection though, I get it a lot out here. I'm geeky, I like to play D&D. I have severely limited the types of men that are interested in me for more than sex. :D Most of the "average" men don't want a woman like me... I scare them.

sherilyn:do you understand stfu

Wow, what did I do to you? For you to respond that much anger I must have done something to hurt you. Did I hit a sore spot for you? Or did you see yourself as one of the men that is intimadated by who I am and the fact that I know exactly what I want?
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 103
Posted: 7/18/2007 6:57:56 PM
Since when did the forums become the place where one could only post profound, earth moving, everybody in agreement, threads?

Seriously...getting 3 uninspirational, lackadaisical word emails is something that happens and it annoys some of us that there are people who are fishing for a partner in life, yet cannot say more than, "Yo...whattup?" I mean...first impressions do count...and this is leaving little as a 1st impression!

If it does not bother you...then so be it. Maybe your standards are lower than others when it comes to making a first impression!?

I do not see the people who do detest this, telling those who do not, to get a life or get over it!

Call it a whinefest if you must...but all it really is about is people having small talk and griping about utter silliness!
 EyeDye
Msg: 104
Posted: 7/18/2007 7:27:19 PM

I really do understand the rejection though, I get it a lot out here. I'm geeky, I like to play D&D. I have severely limited the types of men that are interested in me for more than sex. :D Most of the "average" men don't want a woman like me... I scare them.

sherilyn:do you understand stfu

Allow me to enlighten you, my very confused friend. I think the biggest reason you have trouble getting people to take you seriously is the fact you claim to be a female geeky/D&D type, yet in your profile you say you are a man and are seeking a woman.....so wtf?

Hell, I think thats cool, I am totally into geeky women but the fact you cant even figure out your own profile is bound to scare people off (MYSELF INCUDED!)
 customjim
Msg: 105
Posted: 7/18/2007 7:50:54 PM
ceillion - you are truly a wise and beautiful woman... a woman of understanding and empathy towards a man's POF predicament. Ceillion tempers her dislikes with simple politeness, even admits to being maybe a bit too critical in this area showing true good character and adding to her already attractive physical beauty.... and chooses to lighten up.

some of the rest of you other women are so smug about this ....... your true personality is very obvious and almost ugly ....and that is why some men chose to critisize. i am not bothered by any introductory messages i get....... they are all compliments no matter how short or shallow

yes 'how are yous' are at best shallow but sent with good intentions. although too brief they are not out of laziness and routine as suggested. actually what most of us are saying is we have read your profile, are interested in what we read,who you are , and hopeful for future conversations and posssibilities

there is a vast bell curve of conversation from 'how are you' to 'wanna meet for pizza and fock.' honestly the good guys start with 'how are you' while the losers say 'what you don't like pizza?' ..... it is very disheartening from my perspective to hear what a fine line we have to walk just to talk with you before being ignored or deleted.

go ahead and delete me! ....not a problem for me though, cause you a re worth the effort...someone special will see through my shallow hellos and find that i might be their diamond in the rough.......but only if they are willing to respond to whatever is said to them...... to me its the second message or lack thereof that speaks volumns
 Hatton77
Msg: 106
Posted: 7/18/2007 8:48:08 PM

Don't play holier-than-thou with me. Your motives in the post were clear.

I play holier than thou when it is warranted and in this case it was. My original post was quite civil and was inquisitive, nothing more.
But, alas, you felt the need to accuse me of ulterior motives without a shred of proof expect for some hunch you had.

And I merely pointed out that your whining was ironic since you didn't want this thread to turn into a "whinefest."

Bitterness and angry are not attractive qualities Irreverent Lass.
 JDMETRO
Msg: 107
Posted: 7/18/2007 9:11:46 PM
"Maybe if you women were the ones writing and sending 90% of the emails you would see what we mean. You get tired of writing out detailed emails that reference some thing in their profile to show you really did read it when 99.9% of the time the women don't reply so you start making them short to see if they want to talk to you or not."

EXACTLY ----

Joe
 ArielB
Msg: 108
Posted: 7/18/2007 9:19:26 PM
Well, it is annoying, but then again, sometimes you sit down to write a nice e-mail, and after you send it, you check your sent e-mail and see this - "not read/deleted".
Or if it was read and not replied, still is rude if you were writing something for a while and not just a short sentence.
As a first message, I try to not make it long so to not waste too much time for someone who might not even reply. Once they show interest in talking, I will take the time to write more than just 2-3 lines.
 bestwomanever
Msg: 109
Posted: 7/18/2007 9:29:48 PM
Customjim, I don't think women on here are being "smug" about this, women just appreciate more than just a generic "how are you". If you'd read one of my last comments, I do say that I appreciate every email I get (that isn't mean) and take it as a compliment no matter what. Also, sounds to me like you're trying to get into Cellion's pants. Might want to control your hormones here, kinda gross.
 penny-stx
Msg: 110
Posted: 7/18/2007 9:37:11 PM
Write back 3 pages of how you really are .........in explicit detail. Our monthlies, been run over by a bus, full of cold, the boss doesn't understand you, the kitchen tap is sending you bonkers with dripping, television is driving you mad with crime shows, you are concerned about an odd noise from the car.......You could write a book on ' How are You" As a spin off , it is considered good therapy to write down your problems. Two birds with one stone.........
 sickntired2
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2007 9:48:57 PM
yeah, I would have to agree. it is annoying. It's so unoriginal and gives no indication of whether or not they actually read your profile.
 ejesq
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2007 9:55:00 PM

Ladies and gents, if you could just PLEASE be kind enough to string together a few words to let the other party down politely and gently if you're not interested, that would save everyone from the fallout of the rudeness of the read (or not)/deleted.

So, one must string together a polite, gentle, and coherent sentence in response to "Hey Cutie!" ?

Does, "Sorry, I'm not interested" or "Thanks, but no thanks" make them feel any better than simply being ignored? I've been on the sending and receiving end of read/ deleted e-mails, and can say that I can take the hint when there is no response. I don't even feel the need to ask why (unless we've been speaking for awhile, or met in person.)

It's like getting those "best of luck with your future endeavors" letters in response to job applications.
 jaydeee80
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2007 10:10:36 PM
Agreed. I once chatted with this guy only to have the same convo back and forth for a couple weeks.. How are you? Im good how are you? Im good. And even when I tredding into other questions I got nothing but, 1 worded answers!

P.S. Not really for the subject on hand.. but, giving the middle finger in your profile pic's drives me mental!!!

vb
 Irreverent Lass
Msg: 114
Posted: 7/18/2007 10:57:09 PM

So, one must string together a polite, gentle, and coherent sentence in response to "Hey Cutie!" ?

That's not what I meant at all. I'm talking about all the letters that people used to write that were unread/deleted or read/deleted that they might have put effort into that went ignored. That is why we're now getting the messages that we are. Their attitude is "what's the point?"

Who can blame them when you look at it from that perspective.
 queen3
Msg: 115
Posted: 7/18/2007 11:56:45 PM
you are all bitter people who will die alone. lighten up!
 bestwomanever
Msg: 116
Posted: 7/19/2007 12:30:10 AM
Hey Queen3, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Look in the mirror next time you say that.
 netrie
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2007 12:45:16 AM
i am one that also types how r u in the first email, as i do not write my whole life story to someone til they ask me as it can get pretty boring when u get an email from someone for the first time and it's all abt there life story i know it doesn't hurt to tell someone abt yourself but not in the first email. I don't see anything wrong with typing "how r u" at least u get a reply most of the time
 connection123
Msg: 118
Posted: 7/19/2007 1:11:02 AM
A short message just means the person is interested.
Emails shouldnt be auditions to respond to the best one. What the profile is like i would think would carry more weight...
 MusstLuvDogs
Msg: 119
Posted: 7/19/2007 1:11:22 AM
other than "how are you" or a minimal "Hi".............their first name would be nice!
 customjim
Msg: 120
Posted: 7/19/2007 1:13:11 AM
dear freebird

first let me say i agree with you ..how are you ?.... isn't enough. i try to be a bit more creative than that

you are like a crazed hen protecting your thread .... you have not missed one opportunity to bash anyone that differs from your view.... i challenge anyone including all who read this thread to read your reaction to men who don't agree with you......you bash anyone and everyone here and in your profile..... you are an unkind, ugly spirited person which makes you unattractive to me and one day that hair between your b@@bs will be your pu$$y

we can see how your mind works saying i am wanting in someone elses pants because i gave her props for being considerate...are you jealous that you did not rate that kind of consideration........btw she is beautiful but i have not talked to her at all

everyone is free to communicate as we please and if we are lacking so be it....delete me i don't care....... i get the point but don't try to come off like you are a good catch cause frankly my dear ....I DON'T GIVE A DAMN
 bestwomanever
Msg: 121
Posted: 7/19/2007 1:25:32 AM
Customjim, I didn't realize that my responding to people in this thread is me "being a protective hen." You have issues, sir. Seek psychotherapy. The only people I've "bashed" as your mental head sees it, were a couple of woman-haters like yourself who were putting down another poster and calling her ugly. You have the same angry attitude as those guys and, along with your ugliness on the outside as well, proves that you'll be single and bitter for the rest of your life. How on earth did someone as ugly as you get a wife anyway? No wonder you're divorced. Get a haircut sasqutch. And what exactly does the line "one day that hair between your b@@bs will be your pu$$y" mean? What hair? And hair becomes a "pu$$y"? That makes about as much sense as the rest of your verbal diahrreah. And how exactly am I "bashing everyone" in my profile? Just because I say I don't want a guy who uses drugs? You must be a druggie yourself then if you take such huge offense to that. You look like a homeless druggie so that makes sense. Whatever, the only people who bash me are ugly guys like you who are upset you can't get a woman like me. I'm sure that Cellion poster thinks you're ugly too and you have no chance with her, me or any great catch for that matter. Get over yourself and quit hating on beautiful women just because you can't get any of us.
 queen3
Msg: 122
Posted: 7/19/2007 1:42:05 AM
freebird you are one angry women, if your so perfect why are you so single?
 bestwomanever
Msg: 123
Posted: 7/19/2007 1:48:24 AM
The reason is because, in So Cal, most guys are into drugs and don't have a college degree. See? Bet you didn't think I'd have an answer. Also, it's "womAN", not "womEN." Maybe you should go to college or, if that's too hard for you, take a Basics in English course online. Not bashing there, just trying to help you out. And where exactly did I call myself "perfect"? You angry guys are so black and white, it's quite bizaare of you.
 customjim
Msg: 124
Posted: 7/19/2007 1:50:10 AM
freebird you honestly make me laugh

keep ranting and revealing what a nice person and catch you are

you feel better now
 bestwomanever
Msg: 125
Posted: 7/19/2007 1:55:31 AM
Well, it's not a rant if it's true. And keep telling yourself I give a shit. I know this is the only attention from women you get. You never answered my questions either, which must mean that you know I'm right deep inside. I just enjoy putting dumb people in their place, that's all.
If you'd like, I can look up several therapists for you there in OK. I'd suggest you see one ASAP.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > People who just write "how are you"