Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lacquered
Msg: 38
view profile
History
single mom body issuesPage 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I have read most of the posts, and am happy to hear that most men dont care about them. Way to go GUYS....
And all of the postive comments about post child bearing bodies !!!!!!
Then why is it that there are so many men, who realize that even after 1 pregnancy, nothing returns (rarely returns) to the same shape......
But so many on POF seem to want slender / thin / fit (as they call it).

Just wondering.......... D
 SwampHunter
Msg: 40
single mom body issues
Posted: 7/23/2007 11:50:08 AM
Girl you look great. Don't let that worry you! We men don't have perfect bodies either!

And hey - if it bothers you too much, there's always the ol' tummy tuck. I bought my first wife one - but got kinda surprised when she came back with a man made belly button! lol
 fingsuperwoman
Msg: 42
single mom body issues
Posted: 7/23/2007 2:47:49 PM
women are far harder on ourselves and each other than men are.
 mcbobly
Msg: 48
view profile
History
single mom body issues
Posted: 7/23/2007 4:54:34 PM
femme, I think you're worrying too much about yourself. I'm sure a decent guy would have no problems at all with your appearance due to childbirth. It certainly doesn't change "who" you are so what difference should it make. I would have no problems with it, bedsides, we ALL have some sort of flaw be it small or very significant that we hope a potential SO could/would be willing to overlook. So if they have no issues with it, you shouldn't either. And if they do, then it's a sure sign they're totally wrong for you and you should move on.
 RR Man
Msg: 68
view profile
History
single mom body issues
Posted: 7/27/2007 7:03:03 PM
I have been out with a single mum and stretch marks add to the enjoyment I t proves you are real
===========================================================
Amen to that. The hell with the celebs who have plastic bodies.

Just about every lady I've ever dated has had kids, been a big lady, or been a lot older than me. In some cases, all three.

It's just part of life.
 RR Man
Msg: 69
view profile
History
single mom body issues
Posted: 7/27/2007 7:22:05 PM
I want to have all the lights off if I can, and I better be dating him a long time before letting him see me in daylight.
=====================================================
Sassi, that's a lousy attitude to have. I would WANT to see you, believe me.

Besides, I've gotten to the point that I really don't care what a woman looks like. If she's a good companion and a good lover, that's all I'm interested in.

I do my girl watching at Wal-Mart. An ordinary woman would make a far better mate than some hot, thin, stuck up young thing who thinks she's God's gift to men.
 doitguy
Msg: 74
single mom body issues
Posted: 7/30/2007 9:20:56 AM
Here is maybe a new thought on the subject...when a guy screws between the breasts the stretch marks on the breasts are a huge plus for the guy. Its kind of like a ribbed condom on a guy providing extra pleasure to the women... but in reverse. It feels great on the guy... I can attest to that!
 EC22
Msg: 76
single mom body issues
Posted: 7/31/2007 10:56:38 AM
Stretch marks isn't a problem for me. Besides I don't expect a woman to have a 'perfect' body.
 RR Man
Msg: 90
view profile
History
single mom body issues
Posted: 2/19/2008 7:46:33 PM
I would'nt reject a woman because of stretch marks due to child birth. To me, those stretch marks add to her all around beauty.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well said. I don't get it about how some guys think. They want thin girls who are built like Barbie and look like boys. Maybe they'd be happier being with boys, period.

A few stretch marks never hurt anybody. They're simply a part of life, and mean that your girl has lived life. I've dated and slept with women who were BBWs, who've had kids and who've been a lot older than me. Sometimes all three. No complaints about any of them.

Besides, when you get to be my age, you care less and less about what a woman looks like. If she loves me and takes care of me, she's priceless.
 seriouslyhorney
Msg: 92
single mom body issues
Posted: 3/19/2008 4:17:50 PM
personally i find a woman that has had a baby, or children more appealing than those that have not
 scoutniagara
Msg: 96
view profile
History
single mom body issues
Posted: 3/19/2008 6:31:01 PM
Ladies, find a nudist male. We're more realistic about the natural body. It doesn't matter. Birth and operational scars are signs that you've survived some of the battles of life.
 Beminetonight
Msg: 97
view profile
History
single mom body issues
Posted: 3/22/2008 7:51:04 AM
What's this stuff about "imperfections"? Stretch marks are something a woman earns and can carry around forever, not anything she needs to try hiding.
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 98
view profile
History
single mom body issues
Posted: 3/22/2008 10:13:40 AM
So sad the idea that people.. women are supposed to have perfect airbrushed bodies. It causes so much anguish.

I EARNED every one of my stretch marks, scars..whatever. I was lucky that I don't have a lot, but would I ever feel ashamed of them? hell no. They are my badges of honour. My body nurtured a new wonderful little person.. and THAT, my friends, is a miracle, and a reason to treat it with honour and respect and a little awe.

The media really needs to stop portraying these plastic replicas of human beings.. then maybe our daughters wouldn't be killing themselves with bulimia, anorexia and plastic surgery, and our sons with steroids and such.

Peace
 Barry1919
Msg: 99
single mom body issues
Posted: 3/22/2008 10:22:35 AM
Get into shape and lay off the bon bons
 itechman63
Msg: 107
view profile
History
single mom body issues
Posted: 9/16/2008 9:23:11 AM
Applause xquark!

When I met my Ex she had two sons and they had given her the gift of stretch marks. By the time I first saw them, I was already madly in love and every imperfection was as wonderful as her perfections.

It's a subjective question, but the guy who cares not about how age and childbirth have affected your body is the guy you want to be with IMHO.
 want to travel
Msg: 113
view profile
History
single mom body issues
Posted: 5/15/2009 9:09:38 AM
not at all, i love the natural beauty of a woman
 wacowboy3
Msg: 116
single mom body issues
Posted: 6/27/2009 10:46:44 AM
Personally, I think most mature men, dont mind stretch marks at all. I am not looking for a young tight hard body,or the model type figure. I understand that with age both men's and womans bodies change. I will say that we all are attracted first with our eyes , but its the inner person that we eventually fall in love with. I find that women with the perfect bodies, not a hair out of place etc, scare the hell outta me LOL Usually they are self centered , and I am just looking for a rejection from those type of women, as I am far from perfect. I am slender to average,and have a reciding hairline,more gray hair than brown, but I do not consider myself ugly, nor should women with stretch marks, or an addition 5 to 10 lbs overweight bother you. I will say that women that post an average body weight and you see a picture ,I have to wonder average compared to what , a whale , ? LOL Steve
 treat4u
Msg: 121
single mom body issues
Posted: 6/27/2009 5:08:40 PM
Femme... I know lots of guys that love it. Even if it isn't their child. The guys I'm with has no problem with my tummy . I think he feels better about it than I do. He kinda shakes his head at me if I get shy in front of him. Just remember... we are not all 15 yrs old again with that...so called 'perfect body'.
 Channybeans
Msg: 126
single mom body issues
Posted: 6/27/2009 8:12:15 PM
Shouldnt matter, your confidence says volumes as well as your ability to please mutually. But if your truly concerned there are natural products that will help miminize these marks, such as cocoa butter. Do some research on the net about it you will find a ton of inexpensive products that will help bounce you back into a positive body image!! You are beautiful when your free!

PhEx
 belledejour1
Msg: 129
single mom body issues
Posted: 6/27/2009 8:39:04 PM
Hello...personnaly i had 5 kids and I'm in my 40'...You could never tell that i had kids, i work out every day 5 days in 2 days off ( 45 mn jogging, lift wights 30 mn, 150 sit ups ) and follow and diet....Soi think if you follow those rules there is no problems..
 want to travel
Msg: 131
view profile
History
single mom body issues
Posted: 6/28/2009 6:47:16 AM
not at all, some men like a womans mature body, do not pay too much attention to the mass media's idea of a perfect woman, most women dont fit into that slot, natural is best
 salsera36
Msg: 144
single mom body issues
Posted: 7/27/2009 7:36:42 PM
prittygurl,
I know what you're talking about. Mine nursed two children. My children had NO complaints and neither should my guy!
 MarkyMark03
Msg: 148
view profile
History
single mom body issues
Posted: 8/4/2009 1:48:00 PM
Honestly.....yes they are a turn off !! - - its not a deal breaker - - but given the choice preferance is without ??
why dont people just say it as it is !
 wacowboy3
Msg: 149
single mom body issues
Posted: 8/4/2009 4:09:08 PM
I guess in a perfect world we would all have wonderful bodies. But the world is not perfect and hey if we pick up a scar or two along the way ,it just means we lived life. I for one never gave stretch marks a second thought. For all those that cant stand them, my question is. Do you love your mother ?
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >