Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Teresa14
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Are you less spur of the moment than you were when you were younger?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Hi, I am new here and this is my first forum post or otherwise. However, I wanted to say that it seems to me that I am more of "spur of the moment"..........I like having fun......dont make many plans..........just do it.........only plan in the works right now is not leaving here without a catch.........lol

Thanks for letting me speak........ Teresa
 emotionalheat
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Are you less spur of the moment than you were when you were younger?
Posted: 7/21/2007 11:40:08 PM
I used to be a planner - raised that way. But it just seems that the world is moving at a much faster pace than ever. So many things to do, schedules, priorities and somewhere along the line I realized that I have more life behind me than in front of me. Hell, I figure, I'm old enough now, that if I'm caught taking advantage of a spur of the moment idea, I can just laugh or shrug it off. Besides, if I don't take those spur of the moment ventures, I may miss something that at this late date, may not come around again.

Absolutely, I've switched - spur of the moment, what the hell did I miss all those years, cos I'm sure having fun now.
 moraima
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2007 7:54:39 AM
The time I have spent in the third world has taught me to enjoy the moment. Washed out roads, electricity that goes out for days etc. would have thrown me off when I was younger. Today it just means that I will use a different road and enjoy what ever the day brings.
 tinkerbellcgy
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2007 10:16:24 AM
For the most part, I would have to say that I am a spur of the moment kind of gal and always have been. If it is going to reap benefits to plan in the longer term, then that's what I do. For example, I was able to get a very good price on a 2 week cruise at the end of this year by booking well in advance. There are also some good last minute travel deals as well and I do tend to take advantage of those too.

For the everyday stuff, it's usually flying by the seat of my pants when an opportunity arises and to my utter amazement I usually land on my feet. Yup, I'm a risk taker and with that comes spontaneity.

Tink
 Mzzzy
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/25/2007 9:37:40 AM
OOOhh yeah..now that I'm retired that's all I do..whatever I want..when I want.Yep..that's the life..Yeehaw
 c_deacon
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2007 10:06:03 AM
I might have been more "spur of the moment" when in college and just living life for that short adventure that I knew would end once I graduated, but I still had long term goals and objectives and still do.

Now as I finish raising my son and sending him off to college, my long term goals seem much shorter, and I am into "spur of the moment" much more again..........Now if I can only get rid of that four letter word.......WORK!!!.....

Just my opinion......
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >