Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Albvs
Msg: 489
Do you believe we landed on the moon?Page 30 of 32    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32)

yes , OK, nolo contendere, wearing a $300 shirt makes you intellectually, morally, physically, emotionally and in all other ways, superior to the common 'vermin' , dude..

I actually just swap my profiles photos around so that people can see that I have a life. So now my shirt seems to be getting insults? Oh, and my nose as well? I must really be getting under your skin then.

The "private club" comment was not a personal anecdote. If you got that out of the previous post then you'll probably want to either actually read it this time. The private club comment was used to describe how some people have access to private data and some do not. A poor man arguing with a playboy in Miami has no basis for doing so if the topic is about what goes on in the VIP lounge--likewise, you shouldn't argue about what happens in places where you have no access.

In what way is my posting schizophrenic?

Speaking of social problems, why do you care? You're on a dating site forum and you're putting way too much attention on things like the clothes I wear, the length of my nose, my career, my taste in wine and my posts. I'm just some other guy here. Why does it matter to you what I post? Personally, I don't remember any of your faces or your usernames or anything about your lives. I don't care. Probably the biggest reason I don't care is because you're dudes. Whether or not you agree or disagree with me doesn't matter. Sorry, but that's the normal approach to forum relations. What you're doing isn't healthy nor is it normal.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 490
view profile
History
Do you believe we landed on the moon?
Posted: 3/23/2013 4:31:34 PM
Hey, wait a minute. I thought it was Mercury that we landed on. What's all this about the Moon? When did all this happen?
 looking4her2335
Msg: 491
Posted: 3/23/2013 8:04:15 PM

I actually just swap my profiles photos around so that people can see that I have a life.

I see you do. Is that Machu Picchu? My grandparents, blue collar folk from the midwest have actually been there. They say its amazing.

If that is Machu Picchu, that's pretty cool man. If its somewhere other than that...kudos for making it look like Machu Picchu. Just goes to show that people can make photo's look like anything, or anywhere they want ;)
 Albvs
Msg: 492
Posted: 3/23/2013 8:06:59 PM

Paul: There is such a thing as a real psychic...........
We didn't land on the moon..........

So, you're using this as the basis for schizophrenia?

#1 When did I say on here that there is such a thing as a real psychic? Are you sure you're not confusing me with someone else? I have indicated that telepathy is real. Are you confusing the two? Have I ever offered to guess people's fortunes? No.

#2 If I provide evidence to suggest an assertion that we didn't land on the moon then that is something that opposes your own belief. How is this craziness to you? Do you define mental illness as "anyone who disagrees with me"? It sounds like what you're suggesting. In fact, if we review the definition of schizophrenia:

Schizophrenia (/ˌskɪtsɵˈfrɛniə/ or /ˌskɪtsɵˈfriːniə/) is a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes and by a deficit of typical emotional responses. Common symptoms include auditory hallucinations, paranoid or bizarre delusions, or disorganized speech and thinking, and it is accompanied by significant social or occupational dysfunction.

If you believe anyone else who disagrees with you must be insane then guess what? That ranks right up there for the definition of mental illness or maybe just "social dysfunction". It's nuts to think that everyone needs to agree with you.
 Albvs
Msg: 493
Posted: 3/23/2013 8:11:53 PM

Is that Machu Picchu?

Yep. Spent three months down there helping to rebuild the city of Pisco. Come on, you know my face by now. See if you can spot me (with my cap on backwards).

http://filer.livinginperu.com/features/volunteer-peru-pisco.jpg
 looking4her2335
Msg: 494
Posted: 3/24/2013 11:59:47 AM

if you can spot me (with my cap on backwards).

Yup, found waldo lol. That's pretty cool man. Nicely done.
 whippedboi
Msg: 495
Posted: 3/24/2013 1:04:03 PM

And the suggestion is that NASA has been lying all along.

the suggestion, by you. .

is the choice between NASA and some random internet guy who CLAIMS he has all this insider knowledge? some guy none of us really know from Adam, but who appears certainly at least at first blush, to be a continual braggart and BS artist ?

why is it so important to you to have people believe your stories?

you actually are right, none of this POF stuff is "important" to me, but I do seem to have a reaction to braggart BS artists, sorry about that

the more apt analogy would be meeting some guy who talks big, who none of us have "ever" SEEN enter an exclusive club,
but who talks about how he always goes there, (but right now, for various reasons he's a bit short on cash " -- only for the moment, mind you)

and is forced to hang out in a dive with the common people, talking down to the janitor types..with no evidence.

but straining credulity that a sergeant in his mid-20's, with a few years in uniform, would have access to so much highly sensitive classified material, more than most career officers, colonels & generals, would have -

and then would violate the confidentiality agreements he signed by
blasting all over the internet, accusations that his former "sinister' employer (DoD) lies and lies and lies..

the obvious question is, IF (as you claim) the government lies so much and does it so well..)

WHY would they give access to all this super-sensitive information to some recruit with a few years in, fairly obviously NOT a career military person, who then would leave and blabber all over the internet ?

why wouldn't this stuff be on a need-to-know basis?

wait, don't tell us, let us guess, you won multiple Medals of Honor as well? why not go for the gusto, you're on the internet, be whatever you want to be.

I mean I know they do lie at times, (just as MOST humans do..) I just don't believe they lied about landing on the moon

also neither I, nor many other people would buy the opposite based on the word of internet-posting dude, who claims his word is valid because he "worked at the Pentagon" (which is just another unsubstatiated claim) - even if true, there's PLENTY of people who work/have worked there, without access to Top Secret/eyes only material
 Albvs
Msg: 496
Posted: 3/25/2013 4:01:36 PM

looking4her2335: Nicely done.

Best time of my life. They had me design a modular house using (donated) pallet lumber. We got them down to under $500 per house so we were building them for the earthquake survivors.

whippedboi: I noticed that you typed a lot of text without going to the online map data and showing us any landing sites. But I'm sure what you did was at least as convincing as that.

Okay, so you believe me to be a braggart. Maybe I am. It probably comes off that way. The fact remains that I was a gifted (poor) kid, almost made it into the Air Force Academy to then enlist, traveled the world, worked at Headquarters USAFE, worked at the Pentagon, went to California when I got out and made a fortune making software. I can't change my past to make you feel more comfortable. If it makes you feel any better the economy in Cali tanked and I can no longer call myself rich. But I still have those experiences and I hope the same for anyone on here, even you.

Travel. It doesn't cost as much as you think.

I've gone cave-exploring the last three weekends. I didn't just sit around my place. I got out there and did something. Does that sound like bragging? To me, it sounds like living.
 whippedboi
Msg: 497
Posted: 3/25/2013 4:17:36 PM
so don't address the issues or questions. more snide put -downs..thank you, I see how it will gov from here on out. :)
 Albvs
Msg: 498
Posted: 3/25/2013 5:03:10 PM
whippedboi: Tell you what, I'll address your issues from your post if someone (ANYBODY) on here makes an attempt to show us a landing zone using the Moon map data.

but straining credulity that a sergeant in his mid-20's, with a few years in uniform, would have access to so much highly sensitive classified material, more than most career officers, colonels & generals, would have -

This is how it works at the Pentagon. There's no minimal age requirement. What I did for them that gave me access was I fixed Teletypewriters and cryptographic equipment. The career field is 306X2 in case you're interested.

So there you are, you have your worklist for the day and you're sent out to some office to maintain one of the many pieces of communications equipment. It could be at the White House, in one of the offices of the Joint Chiefs of Staff or any of the thousands of offices there. And then while you're doing your Preventative Maintenance Inspection (PMI) on some machine, the one next to you starts typing up some text. And this then is how a "lowly" sergeant can end up with access to something that he otherwise wouldn't be privy to.

and then would violate the confidentiality agreements he signed by
blasting all over the internet, accusations that his former "sinister' employer (DoD) lies and lies and lies..

Why yes, yes I have. But why wouldn't I? There becomes a point where you feel like the onus to hide the truth is outweighed with your responsibility to tell it.

WHY would they give access to all this super-sensitive information to some recruit with a few years in, fairly obviously NOT a career military person, who then would leave and blabber all over the internet ?

Because they had to. You'd be surprised at the wash-out rate for airmen. Let's see... at tech school there at Sheppard AFB I'm pretty sure we started with 20 bright students. After a drug bust we lost 16 of those students, leaving just the four of us to go out there and "represent" the 306's. Of the four I was the only one who'd never used drugs in the past. And this fact would then factor into the Air Force putting me in that position rather than me choosing that assignment. From what I understand from my high school classmates (when I returned for my reunion), they spoke excitedly about being approached by people who vetted me for my security clearances.

why wouldn't this stuff be on a need-to-know basis?

It is. And I believe that I explained that above.

wait, don't tell us, let us guess, you won multiple Medals of Honor as well? why not go for the gusto, you're on the internet, be whatever you want to be.

I did end up with three rows of ribbons but the Good Conduct Medal would have to be the highest of those. They look hella impressive though because they don't have words on them, everybody else can just wonder how you earned each one of them. Seriously, though, they're kind of a joke. I got an Achievement Medal from a single job that I went out on; sure, Brad and I kicked some butt on that job but still, a ribbon? ha

I mean I know they do lie at times, (just as MOST humans do..) I just don't believe they lied about landing on the moon

Honestly, I get why they (NASA) would feel the need to lie in this case. They made some cocky statements earlier in the decade to the president in order to get funding and late in the game Van Allen dropped a bombshell on them. With the newly-arriving data from Explorer 1, it wasn't deemed safe for humans to travel through the radiation belt that surrounds the Earth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfMIrKkzRx8&list=PL96D091EAF2472736&index=4

also neither I, nor many other people would buy the opposite based on the word of internet-posting dude, who claims his word is valid because he "worked at the Pentagon" (which is just another unsubstatiated claim) - even if true, there's PLENTY of people who work/have worked there, without access to Top Secret/eyes only material

Just to make things plain, NOTHING from my Air Force career is related to what I've written about NASA and the Moon. I didn't "discover" anything about the Moon there.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 499
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2013 5:30:31 PM
(Albvs) http://filer.livinginperu.com/features/volunteer-peru-pisco.jpg

Now hold on a minute. In this pic, you're just a little peek among the crowd. Not too hard to synthesize that in there afterwards. I think this photo is faked. Like the moon-landings (not). You just inserted yourself into a pic you found somewhere. I am a albvs-in-peru denier. Prove you were there.

Hehe...
 gedanken
Msg: 500
Posted: 3/25/2013 6:06:03 PM
Albvs

Let's say that I'd like for you to prove this to me. Use the lunaserv page above, enter in the coordinates for any Apollo mission and show me anything that looks like a lunar lander.

The closest view I can get gives me a scale of distance of 13.94km on the bottom left. When I zoom in to the same view on Google Moon, it indicates an eye altitude of 60 km. So, are you seriously trying to ask why we can't spot a 4m wide Landing Module from 60km away? Question; have you ever seen a B747 fly over you at 36,000 ft (11,000m)? Now, move it out to 60,000m and I'll ask you if you can discern its c o c k pit.
Good thing that you were a Teletype Maint Spec and not an Int Analyst.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 501
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2013 8:14:02 PM
If a moon landing was faked, and the faking is being covered up, you think we can depend on using google moon to see something?
 Luthion
Msg: 502
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2013 10:53:27 PM
And he's still ignored half the evidence that certifiably proves him wrong.
 Kings_Knight
Msg: 503
Posted: 3/26/2013 9:28:16 AM

" ... Here's some food for thought. How many of you actually believe that the moon landing in july 1969 by neil armstrong and buzz aldrin was actually real?This was a time of the great space race to the moon.... Against the russians. The americans won and since then, not a single person has gone back to the moon. Why? It's only been 40 years... yet britian launched an unmanned space probe to the moon a mere 6 months ago to find out what it was made of. hmmm... thoughts? ... "

Banality Strikes again, hmm ... ? 'Food for thought' ... ? Hardly. Not even a good snack. Did the Brits discover the moon is made of Stilton ... ? Or perhaps Devonshire Double Clotted Cream ... ? Look at it from another perspective: Have we gone to MARS ... ? Oh, not yet in person, but logic dictates that if we were (as you imply) unable to make it so far as M'sieur Moon, then there's certainly no chance we'd ever get out as far as the Red Planet ... Oh: Have you noticed yet that Voyager 1 have now reported changes in cosmic rays detected, with the distinct possibility in reach that it will shortly depart our solar system and be in interstellar space for the first time ... ? The spacecraft is now, undeniably, in a new and unexplored region - but I'm sure that news won't affect the original premise of the post that we have somehow not yet managed to visit the moon.
 whippedboi
Msg: 504
Posted: 3/26/2013 9:51:36 AM
huh. I suppose it makes sense that about 35 years later, the people covering it (the faked moon landing) up were sending urgent coded messages back and forth to each other:

"HEY! remember to keep covering the faked moon landing up, lying and denying!"

because that makes so much more sense that just following the ol' tried and true, STFU policy.. ??
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 505
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2013 9:57:45 AM
(my previous post)

If a moon landing was faked, and the faking is being covered up, you think we can depend on using google moon to see something?

What I mean is that if it was faked and is being covered up, I'd think that something like google moon would be hacked and controlled to make it look like we landed there. No? Look for yourself - get your own telescope. And then, we'd need to know that everything we see there aren't just props dropped there by un-manned missions to corroborate the stories.

...see how implausible it all becomes? It's much easier to just have landed men on the damn moon already.

There really is a more realistic and plausible faked-moon-landing scenario...if there were such a thing, I'd think it's what someone would propose. And I haven't seen it yet. But then, part of a more realistic scenario would be people posing as moon-landing-deniers to divert attention away from how it might really have all gone down, and to give an image of ridiculousness to the act of denying the moon-landing(s).

(If you're going to alledge that a moon landing was faked, at least propose something that's plausible and realistic. If it's not, then a faked-scenario that's so far from being realistic and plausible means that the moon landing really happened, or that you're trying to do something else by alledging that it was faked.)
 Albvs
Msg: 506
Posted: 3/26/2013 3:28:30 PM

I am a albvs-in-peru denier. Prove you were there.

I've just uploaded a new series of photos to my profile (since somebody here flagged my last one as inappropriate). Feel free to see yet another from Machu Picchu, also in Peru.

Paul: See the latest profile pictures for an example of Peru. I also helped re-develop the biodiesel factory to convert used cooking oil to diesel for the truck at Pisco sin Fronteras.

> "Actually you have yet to provide nothing more than conjecture and opinion that we didn't land on the moon."
I did just provide the link for the Moon map data and I've punched in the coordinates for both Apollo 11 and 17. I've asked others to do the same. Doesn't this seem like a straightforward method of confirming a claim by NASA? And yet nobody's willing to do this. Maybe they're afraid that there won't be any clear photos and that I'll seem right.

Gedanden: What I'm seriously trying to do is to identify some discrepancies in NASA's story. A survey satellite was sent up and it (supposedly) provides what could be the evidence to make these "conspiracy theories" go away. It doesn't. NASA (supposedly) provided "photographic evidence" of Apollo 17 and yet nobody here has been able to reproduce it. Everybody claims that "lots of people" have telescopes and could do this... and yet they haven't. :laugh: At least you're admitting that I worked on Teletypes so that's a start. ha
 Albvs
Msg: 507
Posted: 3/26/2013 4:30:50 PM

Paul: That having been said, it has no place in a discussion on whether or not...

This conversation started it (here)...

Albvs: I actually just swap my profiles photos around so that people can see that I have a life.

looking4her2335: I see you do. Is that Machu Picchu?

So, it's contextual to the conversation at the moment. At least two people claimed that I hadn't been to Peru, that I'm just a braggart, etc. The Peruvian photos and anecdotes add to the already-growing pile of rebuttal that I provide here in this thread against these types of accusations.

Back to the original topic and your question "What are the coordinates for Apollo 11 & 17 supposed to prove?" I'd suggest that they are a critical piece of evidence for one side or the other. If you're on the side that believes NASA then use those coordinates with the link to the mapping data and show a landing site--nobody has done so. If, like myself, you're on the side that believes NASA lies then you could also use the mapping data to indicate two supposed Apollo mission areas that don't show any evidence of a landing.

It's really that simple. Use the link and show a landing site. How much easier could it be to prove your point?
 gedanken
Msg: 508
Posted: 3/26/2013 5:26:47 PM
Albvs,

I jumped in here after reading your Msg: 727.
After being flabbergasted by your thinking that atmospheric braking was critical to slowing down the LM, you 'so what' masses of an elephant and GR8, and the assertion that "...that's only a quarter of the thrust necessary to safely land on the Moon.", my conclusion was that "this guy has never cracked a physics textbook in his life".

Now, I've further refined my calculations from Msg: 728, and the "Earth weight" of the Lunar Module upon landing on the Moon was 1225kg, or about 1.25 tons.
So, with this in mind:
1. prove to me that I am wrong by showing me that you can do math, or
2. tell me how this is significant compared to a 7 ton elephant or 15.5 ton Harrier, or
3. show me you calculations that the Descent Stage of Apollo 11 had "...only a quarter of the thrust necessary to safely land on the Moon", or
4. admit that you are incapable of none of the above, and I will happily post my math.

Now to your Msg: 758. You posted a link to the LROC website, and screamed:

Let's say that I'd like for you to prove this to me. Use the lunaserv page above, enter in the coordinates for any Apollo mission and show me anything that looks like a lunar lander.

and challenged us again in Msg: 770

whippedboi: Tell you what, I'll address your issues from your post if someone (ANYBODY) on here makes an attempt to show us a landing zone using the Moon map data.

Of course, the LRO has 3 cameras; 1 x wide angle camera (WAC) and 2 x narrow angle cameras (NAC). The WAC has a resolution of 100m and the NAC has a resolution of 0.5m. The Legend on the LROC database, from which you are posting screenshots, clearly shows that the imagery is from the WAC.

5. So, do you understand that you are looking for a 4m wide LM using 100m/pixel resolution imagery?

Go back and read your Msg: 758 in this light and see if can spot the disconnect in your reasoning.

You can address my points 1 through 5 above (or avert them and red herring about your accomplishments some more), but I mean seriously, if you can't comprehend and communicate at a basic level of science, this whole thing is intellectually insipid.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 509
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2013 6:10:29 PM
Hey, I just used google earth to see if you was really in peru. I didn't see you there.

A friend of mine moved into a new house. He told me the address so I could use google maps to look at it. I put it into google maps, zoomed in, and I could see him in his yard looking up at me and giving me the finger. I used my mouse cursor to tap on the tree in his yard, and he called to cuss me out for making a tree branch fall onto his roof.

So, what's up with all that?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 510
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2013 10:29:15 PM
Apollo 11 landing site -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul87ieOZpaQ

I wonder if that video is faked.

Oh, wait a minute, what's this?! -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiIoBpIDogw