Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jeffreysearch
Msg: 748
view profile
History
He Says Lose 30 lbs and He Will Give you an Engagement Ring.....Would Ya????Page 36 of 40    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40)
I think it is a Fair thing ? if she doesnt like it ? she can go and find another man. I understand the `Love is Blind, and looks are only skin deep! But as a `Slim man myself? that is what i want in a partner, ive been with the ~larger woman, and it doesnt work for me.
I think a lot of women just dont get off the lounge enough? i know they can be Busy in life ? But its no excuse to let yourself become `Overweight . For health and lifestyle reasons too.
They just seem to think a man will find them eventually ? you know the ` Fate thing you all believe in Men are visual creatures and like certain looks, Women do it ? so why cant WE !!!
 awsmitalian
Msg: 749
view profile
History
He Says Lose 30 lbs and He Will Give you an Engagement Ring.....Would Ya????
Posted: 7/7/2008 9:43:24 PM
I agree with jefferysearch...

Women Place great deals of Conditions on us guys, e.g. he has to earn over a certain amount of money, behave a certain way, be a certain person etc...

And we have to accept it, but as soon as guys have one little Condition, then we're bad jerks and our asses should be kicked.

Answer me this do you think that's really fair?

I really don't think there's such a thing as Unconditional Love, I reckon that's just Hollywood crap to be honest, anyone else agree?
 jeffreysearch
Msg: 756
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2008 11:39:00 PM
Hey nico08
there is your answer`s above mate ! So Remember ? There is no Compromise with Women in the Dating scene these Days ! No wonder relationships are so difficult to keep ! And they wonder why Men are not Serious anymore
 lil red corvette
Msg: 758
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 6:01:40 AM
Tell him she will lose the weight if he gets a three inch extention to his "manhood".
With age comes more difficulty to lose substantial weight.. he is being unreasonable and he knows it.
Can we say "passive - aggressive" ?
 Scintillating_Angel
Msg: 762
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 6:27:55 PM
I'd say "Why stop at 30?" I think I'll lose 230 in about 5 seconds - there is the door, Mister - and please do not let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya"

sunshine_1111
Msg: 763
Posted: 7/8/2008 6:29:12 PM
Lose him.

Then...lose the weight...do it for yourself!

His love is conditional.
Never taken hime back.
 Miss Twiss
Msg: 768
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 7:44:48 PM
I would not marry someone who did not love me for who I AM--regardless of how much I did, or did not, weigh. Nor would I marry someone that I DID NOT LOVE REGARDLESS of how much they did, or did not, weigh.

If someone's "love" is that malleable, and based on something as ridiculously inconsequential as DRESS SIZE--then I do not believe it is anything REMOTELY like TRUE love!

I think that the man has serious problems--and honestly? I think that she has serious problems if she agrees to marry this A$$hole under ANY circumstance.

I would tell him where to shove his ring, and look for REAL love--based on a true connection of the heart, mind, and Soul--and REAL commitment (the kind that lasts through babies, and dirty diapers, and rebellious teenagers, and sleepless nights, and bills, and unemployment, and all of the other difficulties of family life, and sickness, and old age, and infirmity, and cancer, and Alzheimers--REAL LIFE stuff!)

If he TRULY loved her? He wouldn't give a damn if she weighed 300 pounds, and went bald, and had a colostomy bag--nor she him.
 lucilou
Msg: 771
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 7:29:07 AM
It's hard to accept criticism, but I would rather know the truth about my weight which bothering him and do something about it. He just want her to look good , at least he told her what he prefers instead of just leaving her for someone else who is not overweight. He must love her that much to have the courage to tell her that she is overweight and do something about it. He doesnt have to bribe her with a ring, he could just leave her for someone else, think about it.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 785
Posted: 7/11/2008 8:33:28 PM

There isn't a rock big enough to entice me to change something as superficial as weight.
 jeffreysearch
Msg: 786
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2008 8:45:12 PM
Well said `Smuggler Im with you all the way on this one Mate !
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 793
Posted: 7/20/2008 11:38:12 AM
Thanks, locario!

This is the wrap up message from OPie:

daisydahlia
Msg: 653 (view)

Posted: 3/23/2008 2:00:25 PM
Hi,
I received a message asking for an update....

Pages back I told you that my friend and this guy broke up. She basically told him that he should accept her for what she is. I remember her saying "I will never be 110 lbs, unless I was dying from cancer...."

She told him maybe they should just split (even though it broke her heart), and he immediately jumped to another woman - a well-to-do widow who had the social status that he enjoys..

Funny thing - my friend ended up seeing the 'new woman' at a party later, and she said that woman approached her. They talked for a couple of hours and she told her the whole ugly story of that man. The new woman listened and said she would just 'use him for sex', and thanked her for the info.

So............. life has gone on, and my friend has now lost 40 lbs and is dating. She lost it for HER, and not for HIM to enjoy!

Thanks for the comments!

Think she dun good, and escaped nicely, lol!

The Irish Leo
Msg: 794
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2008 6:17:10 PM
I would never this i have far more respect for woman!!! This guy says if she loses 30 lbs and keeps it off (for 4 months), then he will give her a ring,what a way to find out Real Nice Guy Not!!!

Now get your friend off those diet pills they are USELESS, do you think she can stop after 4 months, no way magic isn't going to happen? 10 to 1 he's allways making sure she keeps it off! Now for her being grouchy that is a problem who wants to be around someone that is grouchy!! Not being able to sleep at night this is not fair,I have a shattered ancle I can't sleep at night to, it's not because of a pill!!! I hope that your friend has Sweet Dreams Tonight!!
 VAPurr
Msg: 817
Posted: 10/9/2008 5:14:56 AM
That is a very bad sign.

VAPurr
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 820
Posted: 10/17/2008 8:31:59 PM
Tell him to grow a 9 inch tool and then you will marry him. Get my point?
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 836
Posted: 11/14/2008 10:59:46 AM
To be blunt? Would totally depend on the ring.
The guy's an ass....so it better be a good ring, because once I have it and the weight is gone? I'm so dumping him!

dennis83
Msg: 841
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2008 4:11:35 PM
Thats giving him too much power, why would you want to that. The next thing you know he is going to want you to get a face lift, and you will never be good enough. My saying is; "take me as I am."
 Jeffery1234
Msg: 842
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2008 11:20:29 AM
First off love is an action not an emotion. You show someone love - you don't tell them. Anyone can say "I Love You" (and I am guilty of this too) and turn around and not show the person you love them. Hence love is an action not a feeling. Now that we got that straight, if he loves her then why would he tell her he would marry her if she changes the way that she looks. His actions are dictating that he wants her to lose weight so he will be in more lust with her. He lusts for her not loves her - there is a very slight yet huge difference between the two. If he loved her he would respect her and would be concerned about her health and the extra weight - not that she will look more attractive so he can get it on with her faster. What a pig. This guy gives guys like me a bad rep and then I am left single with no one to relate to.
 nancyLynn5619
Msg: 843
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2008 7:36:06 PM
Well...so what if she loses the weight??? Will he delay the engagement if she gets cancer....has acne???

This guy is a loser and isn't truly in love...he just wants the outward trophy.
 INWITHTHENEW
Msg: 845
Posted: 11/25/2008 12:03:46 AM
Hellz to tha naw, if she wants to do it for herself and he is supportive that's cool but she needs to let him go. which I doubt she will. If he really wants a woman of a certain size he needs to be pursuing that NOW, not trying to take what he actually has and mold it into his dream. For the few years they have left she will be focusing on her weight so much that she can't enjoy her life much less their life together.What profit a woman to gain a ring and loose her soul??
When my mom was on life support she had tubes coming from her mouth and nose, her body was bloated, she was totally unrecognizable lying in that hospital bed. Yet my dad was there kissing her face, rubbing her hair, pinning all over her as if they were on their first date and she was 19 again. UNCONDITIONAL LOVE is better than gold.
 chevy350v8man
Msg: 846
Posted: 11/25/2008 1:42:29 AM
Well for one if he realy loves her he would take her the way she is and not tell her that she had to loose any weight before giving her a ring or marrying her.
 rarepearl777
Msg: 847
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2008 5:38:04 AM
Tell your friend to tell him where to put the ring,and that is not on her finger.

Finf a real Man who loves her as she is. Lose 30 pounds only if she wants to for her.
 phishkev
Msg: 850
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2008 8:22:31 AM
Unbelievable-ditch him-she should do it for her, not him-what a joke! Lose this guy...
 ThelmaLouise
Msg: 864
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2009 1:09:34 PM
Normally I do not respond to these subjects. Lose 30lbs for a ring? And, then I saw your response and the story of your father caring for your mother on life suppost.
That is worth more than 10,000 diamond rings. Men like your father are rare. And, for the record NO, if a man wanted me to lose weight in exchange for a bobble, he is not worth 1 minute of my time.
 00redheadsaid00
Msg: 866
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2009 9:11:27 AM
Dear Daisy and Friend of Daisy,

I'm all about doing everything you can to make a relationship work, even when it means personal sacrifice. However I’m rather selective about whom I enter a relationship with, a man who can’t accept me as I am is not someone who I believe is worthy of my heart and certainly not worthy of me as a wife.

My personal advice for Daisy's friend and any other woman looking to get romantically evolved with someone who is putting on conditions for his affections particularly when one of those restrictions is very worldly and shallow.

Ask her what Love means to her.. Her being a person of great faith and with religious background will interrupt it the way that it is mentioned in 1 Corinthian (Love is Patient, love is kind..)

What he is showing is neither of those things..

As for the Religious thing.. I would warn any friend who is serious in their faith about getting married to a man who is not as serious in her faith as she is.. Nothing is more difficult than being passionate about something that drives you and find your not only un-equally yoked but the person your yoked with is in fact dead spiritually.. If her religion is a serious commitment for her than I would advise her to really sit down and think long and hard about the choices she has ahead of her and the man who is the cause of it.. I personally don’t think it is a good match and screams heart ache mainly for her..

My advice to you Daisy.. Be her friend, love her, listen to her and if she makes a choice that in the end see’s her shattered be there to help her pick up the pieces..

Best of Luck Daisy,

The Redhead.
 Softerwings
Msg: 870
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2009 2:16:04 PM
That happened to me recently. A very sweet man, intelligent, and artistic. Told me that I was too heavy to make love to. Let alone marry. He said if I lose the weight he'd marry me. He is an older man. He is petite for a man, however very strong physically.

That's what he said.. "lose the weight and I will marry you' First....he says..."lose the weight and I will make love to you"...
So there has not been lovemaking in the biblical sense.
What say ye all to that? Otherwise, he says I am THE WOMAN amongs ALL women~ I have the best personality and the most wonderful way of treating a man. Yet, this is still not enough.
Not making love for years, leaves a woman, hungry for love....and also making love is a great way to lose weight.
Makes me feel embarrased to even meet other men. This is the pits.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >