Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IndianBlackBeauty
Msg: 526
view profile
History
He Says Lose 30 lbs and He Will Give you an Engagement Ring.....Would Ya????Page 5 of 40    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40)

...But what love isn't conditional? That for your children. But even the love for siblings and parents can be mildly conditional...

uhhhh, i didnt know love for your child was conditional. how can that be?

love is too emotionally expensive to waste it on conditional love. People should either love or not love. i think it would be alot better for society.
 Timbuckedtwo
Msg: 529
He Says Lose 30 lbs and He Will Give you an Engagement Ring.....Would Ya????
Posted: 3/20/2008 8:08:30 PM
He's obviously a confident and well grounded man. You should obey his wishes and lose the 30lbs. You should also administer him a good dose of fellatio for giving you the opportunity to earn that ring. That's one good man you have there lady. Count your blessings and don't let him get away!!!
 redkatt
Msg: 540
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2008 7:54:37 AM
I wouldn't have even considered this man's request. If he didn't love me enough as I currently am to put a ring on my finger & marry me then it's over before it begins. Actually I would have walked out the door the very moment he finished speaking those words.

What would be next, asking her to get a face lift, a boob job, or something along those lines because he wants a younger looking girlfriend/wife.

No one needs that kind of person in their life, a person who can't see someones real value.

She may want to marry again but does she really want to marry someone who can't see her true beauty (what's inside really does matter most). What an ARSE HOLE!!!!!!
 TallAndDark68123
Msg: 551
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2008 8:40:33 AM
I think the guy is a true loser.

If YOU would like to lose the weight then I suggest the two of you start working out together. What goes around comes around. If he has a gut maybe he should try loosing a few pounds and/or tone up too.

And for those posters which suggest he change his penis size or grow some hair that is not possible.
 bigfish.biggerworld
Msg: 556
Posted: 3/23/2008 11:37:03 AM
is she out of her mind??
she was "heavy" when they met. he loved and accepted her then...
whats wrong with now?
you know what absolutely drives me batty?
men who say they love you, youre the best theyve ever had, blah blah
blah blah. blah blah blah blah!!
then they throw that shit about us loosing weight.
loose weight my butt...
ill loose it when im ready and not when you tell me im ready!!
so if mean getting an engagement rings means loosing weight...
i guess ill never get married!!
whats wrong with being fat??
more cushion for the pushion!!

fishermanIV
Msg: 560
Posted: 3/23/2008 12:48:06 PM
Well now you say he loves her? Well you love the person for who they are on the inside like the heart . Sure everybody would like to be skinny but everybodys not
perfect as we age we have stuff hanging. Nobody is perfect trust me. been married
twice to big gals . But they both cheated so does that mean all ladies of a few pounds cheat ! NO! . Its hard enough to meet the right lady. So in respect if he really loves her
that 30 ponds would matter at all. Y ou love the person for who they are. And boyfriend is he perfect I don't think so. There are no Mr. Perfects or Ms Perfects
out there we all who we are she tell me that and dump him. I know it hurts to do this but better to hurt than have a miserable life with him and have him say your fat again
or find him with another .
 northeast25
Msg: 584
Posted: 3/24/2008 3:52:02 PM

Number one, your friends needs to look at herself and if she is happy with herself, tell him to kiss her beautiful behind. Then remind him that Marlyn Monroe was a 16 to 18 size when she died, and why does her feel that she needs to be a tooth pick for him.

Why do some people always try to use Marilyn Monroe as an example of an attractive larger woman. Clothing sizes today are different than they were in the 1950s and 60s. Marilyn Monroe was 5' 5" and weighed between about 115-140 lbs. In today's sizes, Marilyn probably would have between a size 4 and a size 10 depending on her exact weight at the time.
 chickalina
Msg: 588
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2008 4:37:22 PM
Look is he in the centerfold of GQ? If he has been dating her for 2.5 years why all of a sudden would he ask her to lose weight? I think it is a cop out and he really doesn't want to get married. If she loses the weight let it be for her not anyone else. I would tell him to go and fly a kite (I am trying to be good). I totally understand how he feels about not getting married in a church. If that is not his religion then I would be the same way. My daugher who is Irish Catholic married a Jewish boy and they got married fy a Jewish JP and had their wedding in a chapel. It was a lovely ceremony and was just like getting married in a church. She has to understand that it can work out but compromises need to be met. Have her come right out and ask him why he needs her to losse this weigt NOW that for over 2 years he seemed fine with. Tell her good luck and let us know how she makes out.
 sarasotagal76
Msg: 603
Posted: 4/2/2008 3:22:21 PM
HE is NOT crazy. Many men have a responsibility and many believe that engagement will bring to marriage and babies.... When a lasy try to conceive I would advice anyone to be in a perfect shape. In case their those extra 30 pounds please show that you can rid of them for your future health and baby's health. I am not talking for 5'11'' 150 lbs women in need in loosing 30 pounds.

I am talking about a woman who wants to conceive a healthy baby eventually from her husband who is no in pre-fiancee stage. I wantladies have more responsibility to put themsleves in a good shape, proper nutrition and etc before they can conceive a child....
 PerfectlyUnperfect
Msg: 607
Posted: 4/12/2008 7:40:59 PM
hell no. Love is not based on weight. I've recently lose 40lbs and if a guy said he'd do "inset whatever action here" if I lost "inserst any amount of weight here" he wouldn't be in my life. period.

One should lose weight ( if wanted ) for health and other own reasons.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 615
Posted: 4/14/2008 9:00:53 PM
Jeez, haven't we kicked this guy to the kerb yet?

EagleEric
Msg: 617
Posted: 4/15/2008 9:58:19 AM
This is the usual BS from a dissatisfied unhappy man. She may not understand it, but this is a form of control which will become increasingly apparent as this relationship matures. Men like this always sound good and initially treat their women well, but this is just a ploy to get their hooks into them. Once he gains her trust and has her deeply emotionally involved (with him), his real personality will emerge. For her it will be way too late to easily extricate herself from this relationship.

A man or a woman who want an honest non-manipulative relationship with another human being takes that person as they come. They don't try to change the other party to fit an image of their ideal. No relationship should be contingent upon doing certain things, giving up others, or behaving in some prescribed manner to suit another's values.

Any couple will have differences. These differences are the result of an upbringing that will place different values on behavior, interests, and beliefs. Finally religion is a big issue. Agreement in this area is critical to the longevity of the relationship. I'd say this pairing is doomed.

The Eagle
 10derheart
Msg: 619
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2008 12:04:00 PM
I don't understand the problem here. I read in the exact same way and many other ways "KICK him TO THE CURB" and don't look back. You see here is the real deal...
The weight is lost, it stays off for not only 4 mos., but a year or two, and she goes back to her original size. What would he do then? Considering his present position, if you gained weight, he would divorce you. We all need to stop with this cookie cutter attitude to people's lives. None of us is exactly like the other and that's a good thing. From the discription she sounds like an attractive desireable woman, so she needs to stop wasting her time and allow someone in her life that will accept her for who and as she is.
 Mr.Reno
Msg: 638
Posted: 4/24/2008 6:04:39 AM
One thing I can't understand about him,,, WHY THE HELL WAS HE DATING HER IN THE FIRST PLACE IF HE DIDN'T FIND HER PHYSICALLY ATTRACTIVE?? It is beyond me how he let things go so far...
 Audi-girl
Msg: 651
Posted: 5/23/2008 12:01:55 PM
If he is going to put stipulations on buying her a ring he will put stipulations on everything and she doesnt need to enter into something like that. If a couple is going to get married it should be because they BOTH accept each other for who they are and arent going to try and change each other. She needs to ditch him and find a man who loves her for exactly who she is and how much she weighs.

If she loses the weight and then gains it back later is he going to take back the ring? Think about it... its very childish and controlling.. Tell her to RUN and RUN FAST!!
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 652
Posted: 5/23/2008 1:02:26 PM
who loved unconditionally and she didn't get much in return... She didn't really have a happy life.

You might be wrong there, lol! Hard to see what a life is from the outside. But the point of loving unconditionally is that you *don't* get/expect in return. . . .

Carry on. . . .

edit: BTW, loving unconditionally *doesn't* mean you have no sense or choice in the loving. You may love a snarling dog, but you do still have to keep out of the way of its jaws. . . .
 Audi-girl
Msg: 653
Posted: 5/23/2008 2:45:19 PM
In rebuttal to antonioIII's ridiculous statement....

Its not about acting tough its about standing up for yourself and demanding respect. If someone is going to be so shall and demand a person loses 30 lbs before he gives her a ring only goes to show he doesnt really love her or he wouldnt care what she weighed... Another example of how men cause women to worry about their weight and then wonder why women obsess about what they eat or what size their clothes are...

How degrading to call a woman a "chick"... lack of intelligence shines brightly there
 OnlyWithYou
Msg: 656
Posted: 5/24/2008 7:46:28 AM
Today is the 30 lbs tomorow religion... and then what else will be... you see sweety, this is the part man we don't have a problem when we see THE crap or "BS" coming, So I give you three (trois),(tres)(3) "SOLUTIONS"

1)- First (uno) Solution....THAT'S NOT LOVE SO DUMP HIM

2)- Second (segundo)(2)Solution...he is a PLAYER SO, LISTEND TO THE FIRST, AND SECOND SOLUTION AND DUMP HIM AGAIN

3)- Third(tercera)(3).....you see is a blind love from her part so, listend to FIRST, SECOND AND THIRD SOLUTION ""D-U-M-P H-I-M AGAIN...!!!

Good luck
Gino...
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 668
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2008 7:15:50 PM
I'd lose the weight... get the engagement ring.. then break up with him... And be sure you are wearing something really sexy when you break up with him.. have your hair done up.. make up done,... manicure..pedicure.. Then treat yourself to a long weekend at a spa..
 nikonuw
Msg: 669
Posted: 6/24/2008 10:47:16 AM
Just so that you understand, as insensitive as he may sound, he may be expressing is desire to be with someone else. He may or may not be using the weight as just an excuse.

You should also know that in all of the United States Courts, an engagement ring is not seen as a pure gift but rather a part of a contract to marry. If you break up with him, you are bound by law to return it in the same condition in which you received it, or you are liable for the full value as restitution.

And think about it ... if you are 30 pounds over weight, and he is not over weight, he may be expressing his desire for you to be healthy and have a long life with him.

Well, that's my 2 cents
 Sethfire
Msg: 673
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2008 5:45:28 PM
No she shouldnt whats he going to do if she becomes ill and gaines more weight or gained back the weight, if she lost it.....give her a divorce papers.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >