Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > 31 old is really old for a woman?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lulucheng
Msg: 1
31 old is really old for a woman?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
i from shanghai,i am a chinese,ask a qustion;
here in china ,if a gril is over 30,it is so difficult to meet a boyfriend,as many men think a gril is a old gril,many men perfer young gril.some men is 40-50,they desire to meet women is below 30!
other side if is a woman divorced,it is difficult to meet boyfriend and husband
i feel unfair!
does like this in your country?
thanks
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 2
31 old is really old for a woman?
Posted: 7/25/2007 5:23:21 PM
Ms OP you are a beautiful woman ... those men are nuts .
 lulucheng
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/26/2007 3:28:30 AM
thanks everybody give answer

yes , chian has a huge disparity between the ammount of men and women,but in city woman more than men,in country,men far more than women.so it is difficult for a woman who is over 30.

i dont worry,i just want to know that is phenomena outside if like this,different country has different culture and viewpoints
 Tonyrocks
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2007 8:11:59 PM
Not REALLY old, but old enough for me to think that shes got a head on her shoulders, and she's mature enough and strong enough to handle her business in life. A women whos divorced or has come out of a long relationship has some kind of story to tell "wheres shes been and you know where her maturity is coming from" A women whos single at 30 is still cool but I find there more career driven and really distant, or they havnt grown up already and still are partying in bars with there friends.
 goodbyegirl3031
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2007 10:58:47 PM
NO age is not a factor, but if you are fat, that is a different story. Men will not date you if you are fat or the slightest bit overweight.
 lulucheng
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/5/2007 8:46:52 AM
dear goodbyegirl3031,
your words are right too, men dont like women fat ,here is same.
but if a gril is cute and funning she is very welcome.
so women neet to learn how love ourselves!
if fat than before,try to lose weight,eat more fruite and vegetable,more sports,it is hard,keep it,keep fit,
keep beautiful not for men,jsut for myself!

Double Cabin
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2007 3:05:36 PM
I think quite a few men in my country still lust after Nancy Kwan.

Can a Chinese man really tell how old a Chinese woman is? I don't think William Holden had any idea.
 lulucheng
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/6/2007 1:32:14 AM
i agree it,different social has different mind,in west 30 is good age .

but in china,30 is good age for housewife,mother ,not be a single
30 is for chinese single woman has some difficulty,my friends and colleagues are most married,nowadays in shanghai 30 single woman more than before,but compare to married single over 30 is very less,in other little city of china,woman usually married 25 years,
if a girl over 30 not married people around her would wonder why she not marry ?she is old gril,etc...,dont like west society,choose single is private.

so sometimes feel is really 30 is really old?that is come from social compressive stress
acatually i feel i am very young in heart,if here many single over 30 or 40,i am more younger
 c_deacon
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2007 12:27:16 PM
61 is not old for a woman if you look, act, and enjoy yourself as a much as any 30 year old......

Blue......you are good no matter your age......and just keep on being the way you are..... ....oh....and while you are there being yourself.....get me a beer......

OT......Age is but a number needed to get you started at birth..... What you do with that start, and how you take care of yourself will make all the difference, and not your birth certificate......

Just my opinion......
 Seavoyage
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2007 12:47:43 AM
I am working right now in Korea. Women who are not married in Korea by age 32 are like failures in the eyes of some Koreans. Also, the men by 36 get serious questions from family if they didn't get married by then. Also, the women have huge, huge pressure to be very thin in this country. Many women who are average in the West are considered fat here, and they will tell them that they are fat and should go on a diet. East Asia is much rougher on women than North America. I will say that is definitely true. North American women should consider themselves lucky because the men as bad as they can be in North America are sometimes some of the best men in the world... East Asia has attitudes that used to be in the West maybe 30 years ago or even 40-50 years ago.

c6m1j1
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/13/2007 12:21:10 PM
Hell, I'm 38 and having more fun now than I ever have.
 Biggie_CA
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/17/2007 2:42:59 AM
In my city, the majority of professionals don't get married until their mid to latte 30's so 30 is in no way old.
Then again every guy I know would be in heaven knowing someone like lulu would be available and looking.
 Greenpetelady
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2007 4:49:48 AM
Huh , I have never felt old , but be darned if i haven't found that a lot of men 35 and older think a woman is too old when she hits 35 . I am beginning to think we must have expiration dates somewhere I've been looking for around 3 and a half years now for someone near my age and have found that most of them in my area want a 20 something , with long legs , big boobs and an IQ of 10
 meat70506
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2007 11:19:17 AM
No way! First of all, age matters very little when talking about beauty of sexyness(a word?) Can be VERRRRRRY hot and sexy!
 darkjedi1
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2007 8:04:08 PM
Wow didnt know anyone in china was allowed to post online with the damn commie government taking the internet away.
 sdthornton
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/7/2007 8:54:04 PM
No 31 is young and any man 40-50 who wants a wife in her 20's probably is not a good man and not very wise. He just wants a trophy wife and only has sex on hi mind. You are a beautiful woman and I personally would be proud to know you.

Take Care and good luck.
 Megannn
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2007 9:08:47 PM
In my country, 31 years old is old. because most of the women in my country already get married in a very young age. Let's say 16.

Sometimes age is matter, you dont want to be old when u get marry. But in USA, age is just number I know im still young, but each year i dont feel that im aging

But.....talking about FAT? uuhhh..........that's diffrent story. I was fat before then i work out.....i dont wanna be some anorexic girls so i keep some meat to make me look healthy and cutie of course. I remember all those looks when i was fat, right now that looks changed.......but I wish, i meet someone when i was FAT and then I knew, he loves me for whatever I am ...WishUpOnTheStars
 EC22
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/11/2007 8:46:10 AM
I don't think it is. I'm 31 and I don't myself or men at my age in general to be 'too old'. There are plenty of single 30+ yr old women because of the high divorce rate and people are waiting longer to be married. Sure some 30+ yr old women might have 'baggage', but there are also some that are mature, wise and successful. In terms of physical attraction, 31 definitely isn't too old. I have seen plenty of women in their 40s and early 50s that are still at least somewhat attractive.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2007 4:27:38 PM
Many men in the UK are happy to be with a woman over 30. Too many women under 30 only want to date a different man every week.
 lulucheng
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/29/2007 9:58:45 PM
last weekend ,i went to a friend home,one friend worry about me still single,he said i need down the ask of man,such as widow man or divorce man,just as a like inferior goods in the shop,that feel is not good, in their eyes if a woman over 30 not married,even other sides is very successed ,she is not happy.same is not successed.
i will live still happy ,even i am 80 years single old lady ,i are same happy.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > 31 old is really old for a woman?