Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Natural Remedies for Irritable Bowel Syndrom      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 I like it real....
Msg: 14
Natural Remedies for Irritable Bowel SyndromPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
For the most part IBS is an idiopathic word given to the masses when a Dr. cannot resonably to what the "problem" might be.

Generally, IBS can show up some similarities in ppl who have it, but the triggers are usually different for most.

Everything in ones life can have an effect on how the body functions.
Yes diet, excercise, suppliments, mental health all play a role...but inless one
starts to eliminate some of the "bad" things in their life...the situation will not change.

I love raw nuts...but most do not like me.
No wheat what so ever...most glutens set me off period!
No dairy...not a good thing for me.
No apples

Marshmallow root works well, pro-biotics help a lot, digestive enzymes.
Everone is different...but one has to start somewhere.
 greenidgemini
Msg: 16
Natural Remedies for Irritable Bowel Syndrom
Posted: 10/8/2007 9:11:18 PM
I have it too....and its being totally reversed by the cleanse i'm doing. www.drnatura.com Colonix advanced internal cleansing system. No fasting involved, no dietary changes needed.

Its 3 simple steps, 4 pills in the morning, 15 mintues later I take the fiber mix in 8 oz of apple juice, fill the bottle back up with 8 more oz of water, and make sure I drink the rest of the 64 oz of water for the day, then thier cup of herbal tea at night.

Its gentle, no need to be afraid of not being near a bathroom, and its extreemly effective. Read the testimonies, look at the picture gallery. That kind of stuff is getting cleared out of my system.

Also, I'm taking the probiotic suppliment to replace what has been lost due to antibiotic use in the past.

Since I started it, my dark under eye circles are going away, my nails are growing stronger and are thicker, I used the bathroom about 3 times a day now, (which is considered "NORMAL" and healthy, I have more energy and I've lost 10 lbs on it the first month. No more bloated feeling, no more achyness, no more heartburn or indigestion after a meal. My female cycle is also becoming shorter, less heavy and not so painful.

I've been recommending this to EVERYONE since I started doing it. I have a few other illnesses related to the environment thats out of whack inside me that is having a good effect on as well.

Just go and read it...you'll see.....
 greenidgemini
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/8/2007 9:25:35 PM
He's got an overgrowth of candida and a build up. The cleanse I suggested not only kills that, but it also gets rid of the mucoid plaque that is lining his intestinal track. It holds undigested food, toxins, poisions, chemical residue, hormones from the foods we eat, parasites and the above mentioned candida. It prevents the nutrients from the foods we eat being absorbed. The lack of probiotics in the system causes us to not make the b vitamins, and it IS our immune system.

The stuff ranges from light tan to black, its rubbery, the darker it is, the older it is, the harder it is. It can be the consistancy of tire rubber. Some of it looks like chicken livers in a pair of panty hose due to the natural shape of the intestinal track. Check out the pictures, I swear, you will want that stuff out of you. There are many many pics customers have sent in. YUCK!
 goaliebns
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/27/2008 6:53:56 PM
hypnosis ??? Nonsense.. woken up with an attack at 3:00 in the morning has nothing to do with stress.. It is all diet related.. As mentioned above you have to find your triggers and avoid... Oils, Alcohol, Dairy... all hard to digest stuff..
Oatmeal, Apples.. Soluble fiber is the key.. go to helpfor ibs/com
Watch the pepto though too much and when you have an attack you bleed from a weaker system
 Flyers_Phan
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2008 3:51:06 PM
as others have suggested, get some probiotics like acidophilus and lactobacillus, use psyllium fiber, and even though he says he isn't stressed, IBS has been known to be psychosomatic.
 goaliebns
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/29/2008 6:21:21 PM
psychosomatic. nonsense.. doctors used to say that asthma was psychosomatic.. Ulcers were caused by stress until they found out it was a virus.. Doctors like to appear all knowing and don't say.. hmmm I am stumped..
 Ideoform
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2008 6:54:32 PM
Try completely eliminating gluten and casein from the diet.

These are proteins that can cause problems when incompletely digested and then they can combine to create a toxin that irritates the nervous system.

Gluten is in wheat and some other grains, and casein is in dairy.

Be careful of even small amounts which can be added to many processed foods.
Read labels carefully.

This often works when nothing else will.

All vegetables, meats and fruits are ok. Rice and potatoes can replace the carbs, but for gout, remove all meat for at least 2 weeks. Gout is caused by crystallized urea. Urea only is produced by eating meat. Alcohol can make gout worse, but removing alcohol alone isn't enough to cure it.
 ~LoriMac~
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/30/2008 5:40:24 PM
I dont have IBS exactly...I have cohrons and I have found

drinking lots of water,
working out regularly,
avoiding trigger foods,
and reducing stress
help huge amounts for me. I never take any meds, over the counter remedies etc..I am just careful with my lifestyle.
 monalee1
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/8/2009 3:21:16 PM
hi.. sorry to read this.... everything that screechio said plus when you go back to eating after the fast remove all cows milk and by products, pork, shellfish, vinegar and black pepper.. replace with rice milk, organic meats, ocean fish, lemon and cayenne < if at all, you may want to wait 6 months before eating hot foods.... blessings for good info and healing, warmly Mona
 FL CO
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2009 10:49:55 PM
Yogert. The good bacteria helps regulate everything down there.
 Brad Pitbullsht
Msg: 26
Posted: 5/17/2009 8:17:12 AM
There is the cause and then there is the effect. IBS is only the effect. Trying to treat the effect with 'food' does nothing to treat the cause - kind of like backing up a semi from Maine to California. It can be done, but there is an easier way.
The cause is stress, still lodged in his solar plexus chakra. Tell your friend to find a good Pranic Healer and have it cleared out. Then he will feel better than ever and he can eat whatever he wants.
 LakeCountyGal
Msg: 27
Posted: 5/25/2009 6:43:31 PM
For many, stress does aggravate the condition. But for many, problems with certain foods are also a common problem.

Fried, and fatty foods, can cause inflammation in the bowels.

Food allergies, like those to certain nuts, dairy, or wheat allergies like gluten intolerance, can also be a problem.

Alcohol and caffeine can aggravate the symptoms for some.

For some, it's genetic. I've had issues with it from time to time. My mother had severe IBS for many years.

Low stomach acid may be a problem for some, because food does not get properly digested enough after it leaves the stomach and enters the intestines. Some medications like acid reducers, etc, lower stomach acid.

For some, there can also be an uneven level of good versus bad bacteria in the lower intestines. Many things can lead to these uneven levels.

Stress, food allergies, or sensitivities, or family history, seem to be the main culprit for most.
 Ideoform
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2009 7:54:18 PM
Every few years, the American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) publishes a position statement regarding recommendations for the management of IBS, based on a review and analysis of available clinical research.

Knowing what is “state of the art” in terms of IBS management will help you take a more active role in your treatment partnership with your doctor.

What’s New:

Diagnosis

The ACG now recommends that all IBS patients be screened for celiac disease and lactose intolerance due to being at higher risk for having these conditions.
 Twill348
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2009 3:09:12 PM
Check out the SHINE protocol, by Jacob Teitelbaum.

Second the candida theory...heard this guy on the radio, says that folks who take the SHINE for sinus problems, also get cured for IBS.
 TruthSoda
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/24/2009 10:33:29 PM
I have celiac disease(gluten intolerance), and its commonly misdiagnosed as IBS. My mom has celiac disease and for years she was told it was IBS. One thing i noticed you said was that it was triggered by stress and never went away. Celiac disease can be dormant and trigger from stress or a car wreck... or any big event in your life.
 Jay.FromNYC
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2009 9:54:15 AM
You can use a psyllium fiber supplement to help his IBS. Konsyl is available over-the-counter and has no additives / sugars. Keep hydrated though.
 karma1160
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/25/2009 7:42:30 PM
Irritable bowel syndrom usually comes on during times of extreme stress and then tapers off .
If you are looking for natural remedies try a peppermint tea bag infused w/lukewarm (12oz.)or cold water and mix a teaspoon for starters of slippery elm bark powder this is a great demuluscent and it will help calm and cool your yang in your stomach. Plus it is a great digestion aid and very nutritious . You can purchace slippery elm bark from a online herb store if you don't have one around that has this. (it looks gross but doesn't have any taste)

What you need to remember about IBS is that is the spasms in your intestines that are making you uncomfortable and the fact that you have these spasms makes your food digest slower so therefore some of it sits and ferments and adds gas on top of injury.
Make sure your probiotics are up to snuff,
increase your fiber a little bit at a time so as not to overwhelm your system
and find away to release the tension so that your GI tract does not have to pay for this.
 watching2long
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/26/2009 5:36:39 PM
Has he tried Aloe Vera? It helps keep the colon walls clean.
 Benedanti
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/26/2009 6:52:12 PM
I heard someone take that Activia Challenge and succeeded. I dont' know if it qualifies for something better than a Dr.'s opinion, but it helped me clean up, plus the blueberry's pretty tasty.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/31/2011 6:26:09 AM
Alfalfa
Aloe vera
Peppermint and ginger have helped many.

Don't eat to close to bedtime.

It may be wise to use milk thistle extract to clean your liver also.

A high fiber diet.and essential fatty acids..Flax oil is good.

Avoid animal fat, butter,sugar,booze and sodas.
Check for food allergies. Very important.
Friendly bacteria is good also.

Of course the "check with your Dr"....Disclaimer applies.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 satx78218
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2011 8:30:22 AM
curcumin is a strong anti-inflammatory.

For IBS inflammation, I guess you don't want the more bio-available forms of curcumin, since it seems logical that you want the curcumin in contact with the inflamed bowel, not passed out of the GI tract.

bulk curcumin (and many other phyto products) here: kalyx.com
 professora
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Remedies for Irritable Bowel Syndrom
Posted: 3/22/2016 10:27:36 AM
I read all the pointers here--helpful. does anyone have new information?

I use Imodium, probiotic, Prilosec, sometimes Zantac----- and none of these daily.

I avoid pickles, popcorn, and all the large salads I use to eat.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/22/2016 10:21:24 PM
Intermittent fasting. Actually tried it to help with weight loss and did lose 5 pounds within two weeks, but it has also helped my (mild case of) IBS. Stress seems to really cause the most severe flare ups though, so I try to avoid it at any cost (no easy feat though).
 professora
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2016 9:23:13 AM
TrvstinKarma -

are you familiar with the military diet? Youtubers say it takes off weight very quickly.
 professora
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2016 8:49:49 PM
I discovered recently that Matzo works great for the liquid stools that sometimes accompany IBS
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Natural Remedies for Irritable Bowel Syndrom